Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:52:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AMT users thread.  (Read 60015 times)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:54:16 PM

Thanks, Joshua Zipkin, for teaching us how to maintain a Naughty List: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=748738

Thanks to the advent of the alphabet, AMT is at the top of the list.

You've all heard of Schrödinger's Cat, well allow me to introduce to you Zipkin's Cat: When the alarm clock goes off in the morning, no matter what course of action one takes, e.g. stay in bed or get up to meet the day, it's the wrong decision.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:13:09 PM

FYI to follow up on my post yesterday. Josh has corrected the shipping issue with my miner shipment. It is in the neighboring county where it was "mislabeled" to a different location, but it has been supposedly routed for delivery today, as I do not have a tracking number at this time I will not be able to confirm whether that status. That being said however, once I receive it I will post a technical review of the hardware based on the hardware merits, not on the saga. anyone wanting to know the history can just refer to the threads on the matter. I will post photos as well to show any conditions. Performance review will come after a 48 hour test on elgius for community review.

I had prepared a format months ago in prep for the original delivery...dusting it off for this. Planning a full unboxing gallery. The review will be as technical and unbiased as it gets. I have opinions on the matter but prefer to keep those out for the sake of at least reviewing the hardware on its merits whatever those may be.

From other PMs I have gotten for assistance, I will also cover that in the review so its a community based instruction manual as there is no official one at this time of writing.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:17:45 PM

FYI to follow up on my post yesterday. Josh has corrected the shipping issue with my miner shipment. It is in the neighboring county where it was "mislabeled" to a different location, but it has been supposedly routed for delivery today, as I do not have a tracking number at this time I will not be able to confirm whether that status. That being said however, once I receive it I will post a technical review of the hardware based on the hardware merits, not on the saga. anyone wanting to know the history can just refer to the threads on the matter. I will post photos as well to show any conditions. Performance review will come after a 48 hour test on elgius for community review.

I had prepared a format months ago in prep for the original delivery...dusting it off for this. Planning a full unboxing gallery. The review will be as technical and unbiased as it gets. I have opinions on the matter but prefer to keep those out for the sake of at least reviewing the hardware on its merits whatever those may be.

From other PMs I have gotten for assistance, I will also cover that in the review so its a community based instruction manual as there is no official one at this time of writing.

We look forward to your honest assessment, O2.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:43:53 PM

Well I know you've seen my request for refund as you've deleted another post of mine addressing it.

I want a full refund!!

$12,158.00

That's Twelve Thousand One Hundred Fifty Eight dollars and Zero cents.

I repeat: please do NOT send me any machines. What I ordered as promised was not delivered please provide me with a full refund.

Thank you.

Thank you for the notice. You are already in the refund list. Please, rest assured that there is no need of further posts addressing that.

Thank you for addressing and confirming my post.

rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:46:53 PM

watch out for potentially sharp, rusty hazardous objects. THey may have packed it with used razor blades to add weight. 

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
opieum2

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:52:40 PM

watch out for potentially sharp, rusty hazardous objects. THey may have packed it with used razor blades to add weight. 

Yea I will be wearing some thick ice fishing gloves for this one based on your photos.

opieum2

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:33:30 PM

Yea I will be wearing some thick ice fishing gloves for this one based on your photos.

FYI more than likely getting miner tonight. The mislabeling was AMT's fault but the DHL delay is on DHL now. No tracking info or any info at the time of this writing on the miner. Will update once I have more information.

YourPalToots (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:08:14 PM

opieum2

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:30:20 PM

Honestly if its just to get the miner up and running I would say connect an Ethernet cable directly to it and manually configure the IP. From all indications and versioning it appears this is the stock version with only the default IP changed. Worst case SSH in I believe its root/pi and go to the /etc/network* directory OR in the /etc folder with an ifcfg type name. depending on what distro they based this off of that could vary a bit BUT you should be able to manually do it if the webui does not work. FYI the image is corrupted so I would not attempt to install it.

asprin

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:58:22 AM

My unit acquired an IP via DHCP over ethernet, out of the box.  The SSH login was root/admin.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:01:16 AM

It's a Goddamn motherfuckin' shame you have to watch this Jewish Bulgarian Freemason Gimp's every move. Look at what the fuck Joshua Zipkin the Snake edited out:

We're Advanced Mining Technologies and we're located in Haverford, PA.

We design, build, assemble and ship Asic miners. We've worked with Bitfury, Avalon, and now the coincraft A1 chip for our terrahash miners.

We accept most forms of payment. Local pickup is an option for sure.  We're real and when you call the office someone usually picks up.

Below are some key factors that separate us from most other asic manufacturers.

1. We've actually shipped miners and have been doing so since November 2013.
2. We speak to our customers directly and we are trying to improve our customer service everyday.
3. You can find our products on Amazon and buy them with a credit card.
4. We're American and we are proud to build our miners in both America and Europe, and China.
5. We deliver on time if the situation is in our immediate control.
6. We take checks, and all forms of checks too, even personal.
7. We offer customer support for guys that are just starting in the mining industry.
8. Our hardware is built to be upgradable, you can add more GH/s to each of our machines accept the 80ghs (as of now).
9. We're in this for the long haul and we've filed with the IRS.
10. We don't mine.

We are working very hard, and we're usually over tired and kinda out there, but your free to come see us at our administrative office anytime you'd like. We are located at:

355 lancaster Ave, Bldg E1, Haverford, PA 19041.  

If your coming from  downtown Philly or I95, take 476 to cityline ave and then after a few miles make a right on Lancaster.

To newbies:  There are a lot of scams out there, please take your time and evaluate each seller/company/manufacturer before buying. Even if the deal seems great or the buying opportunity seems to be limited.

There are a few decent companies in America, and a few decent companies in Europe that actually sell, build and ship miners, but most foreign companies are  complete scams.

Update coming soon:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Gw1wifCJecwJ:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php%3Ftopic%3D304605.0%3Bwap2+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

We're Advanced Mining Technologies and we're located in Haverford, PA.

We design, build, assemble and ship Asic miners. We've worked with Bitfury, Avalon, and now the coincraft A1 chip for our terrahash miners.

We accept most forms of payment. Local pickup is an option for sure. Our pricing vs lead time is the best in the industry. We're real and when you call the office someone usually picks up.

Below are some key factors that separate us from most other asic manufacturers.

1. We've actually shipped miners and have been doing so since November 2013.
2. We speak to our customers directly and we are trying to improve our customer service everyday.
3. You can find our products on Amazon and buy them with a credit card.
4. We're American and proud to build our miners in America and not China.
5. We deliver on time if the situation is in our immediate control.
6. We take checks, and all forms of checks too, even personal.
7. We offer customer support for guys that are just starting in the mining industry.
8. Our hardware is built to be upgradable, you can add more GH/s to each of our machines accept the 80ghs (as of now).
9. We're in this for the long haul and we've filed with the IRS.
10. We don't mine.

We are working very hard, and we're usually over tired and kinda out there, but your free to come see us at our administrative office anytime you'd like. We are located at:
355 lancaster Ave, Bldg E1, Haverford, PA 19041.  If your coming from  downtown Philly or I95, take 476 to cityline ave and then after a few miles make a right on Lancaster.

To newbies:  There are a lot of scams out there, please take your time and evaluate each seller/company/manufacturer before buying. Even if the deal seems great or the buying opportunity seems to be limited.

There are a few decent companies in America, and a few decent companies in Europe that actually sell, build and ship miners, but most foreign companies are  complete scams.

opieum2

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:19:23 AM

Took a while but I saw what change you were referring to. Specifically the Lead time and pricing are the best.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:20:09 AM

Took a while but I saw what change you were referring to. Specifically the Lead time and pricing are the best.

Apologies for you having to hunt it. I meant to highlight it, but forgot. Why would he delete the best feature of the OP?
captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:43:48 AM

Apologies for you having to hunt it. I meant to highlight it, but forgot. Why would he delete the best feature of the OP?

I thought you were referring to bullet point #4 (Was: We're American and proud to build our miners in America and not China. Now: We're American and we are proud to build our miners in both America and Europe, and China.) which was a huge misrepresentation of their product. and 1 of the many points that attracted me to purchase from AMT which now constitute a bait and switch.

But now they actually have 3 points that are not lies. They also take checks and now they can finally say they are shipping miners but everything else is a real stretch of a psychotic imagination.

7. We offer customer support for guys that are just starting in the mining industry. (This one makes me laugh every time I read it.)

2. We speak to our customers directly and we are trying to improve our customer service everyday. (After thinking about it I guess this one is also true if you are Customer1, Customer2 or Not-a-Customer-yet.)

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:11:48 PM

AMT_miners, did you get my email?
like I mentioned my baby has been arrived. so please take a time to reply my email or put information here. and put me to priority refund list.
My order number is #645 and #962.
Thank you,
Tony

Joshua Zipkin doesn't give one iota of shit of your baby as long as his Racist Jewish Bulgarian belly is feed, and it has thanks to your purchase. The best that you can hope for is that he WILL physically pen a refund list oppose to ONLY stating that he has one, albeit maintaining either list WILL eventually afford you the same results - ZILCH!

Mr. and Mrs. Harrison Zachariah Zipkin, meet your newborn TOY, Joshua Zilch Zipkin.
Mrs. Z.: OMG, he looks like shit!
Mr. Z.: Yes, but it's Jewish shit, and we'll raise him till he's of age, then kick this piece of shit to the curb so that he can fuck up shit in the world.
JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:44:12 PM

I have another couple of questions about my mining equipment manufacturing company (VaporLabs).

If I ship a miner to a client without a PSU, and he gets impatient and installs one of his own, and the chips get fried, or the unit catches fire, will I be required to return or replace the miner, and/or be liable for damages?

If I advertised my miner as consuming 1200 W, but the 1200 W PSU that he tried to install is not enough so he swaps it for a 2400 W unit, can he claim that my miner consuemes more than advertised?  Can I sue him if he writes that on public forum?

Anxiously waiting for your answers.  Well, not really.   Wink

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
opieum2

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:44:28 PM

I thought I would report STILL no miner no tracking info. Allegedly was rerouted yesterday to me due to a mislabeling but I have no confirmation of any of that at this time. All attempts to inquire to AMT about it have been silent. Since they have gone silent I will post it publicly. As I said once I have the hardware I will create a separate post reviewing the hardware and unpacking solely on its merits.

opieum2

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:49:01 PM

I have another couple of questions about my mining equipment manufacturing company (VaporLabs).

If I ship a miner to a client without a PSU, and he gets impatient and installs one of his own, and the chips get fried, or the unit catches fire, will I be required to return or replace the miner, and/or be liable for damages?

If I advertised my miner as consuming 1200 W, but the 1200 W PSU that he tried to install is not enough so he swaps it for a 2400 W unit, can he claim that my miner consuemes more than advertised?  Can I sue him if he writes that on public forum?

Anxiously waiting for your answers.  Well, not really.   Wink

According to US laws...liable for damages it is a liability issue. However as there is a case that covers all this it likely will be applicable there. There was an incredible amount of time to make this right and there are issues like missing PSUs. There is a clear depreciation value in the hardware itself as its electronics equipment. This equipment is designed specifically to provide profitability ergo time= money. So clear losses can be defined based on the previous closing prices of BTC since the complaint was initiated.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:32:24 PM

WRITE TO SALES(at)ADVANCEDMINERS(dot)COM FOR MORE DETAILS.

If I were a scam company trying to get as much money out from a community as possible, this is exactly the way I would write my sales contact info. This fuckin' Joshua Zipkin is such an idiot, no wonder his parents split up due to his birth.

https://SALES(at)ADVANCEDMINERS(dot)COM The money should be rollin' in any second now... I'll give it few more seconds... Just a couple more... Those cocksuckers over at BitcoinTalk must be the cause of this. I guess I'll lower my prices and start an auction, for I need cash badly to pass some crumbs to these Chinese fuckers before they, too, realize that I'm fucking them.
opieum2

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:34:38 PM

Good news is miners arrived. Intact, no weird parts. More to come. I am setting up for review likley wont be until tonight or tomorrow before I post anything, performance stats will come in a couple days after running it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: