Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:35:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MON | Monocle | Merge Mined on VTC Vertcoin - No Premine - Scrypt-N  (Read 145882 times)
freddingo

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:49:04 PM

WTB 100 MON for 0.05 BTC

I will have to disappoint you, expected price of 100 MON is much more than what you offer (0.05) maybe if you remove one zero - 100 MON for 0.5 BTC

Specifications:

Premine: Zero

Algorithm: Scrypt-N, merge-mineable on the VTC chain

Total circulation: 8.4 million MON

Only 8.4 million MON less than BTC or LTC or VTC  Wink
Except you get MON for "free" while mining for VTC, so there's absolutely no reason to expect MON to approach such a high valuation.

What this guy said.

I spent 2 hours setting up merge mining on my local machine.  I am still getting the exact same amount of VTC, but now also have a few hundred MON sitting around that I got for 'free' essentially.

The cool thing about MON isn't the value.  The cool thing will be once it is bug free, sharing resources like a real p2pool coin, it is now the perfect template for additional merge-mined coins for VTC.  POS coin?  Easy!  Code carrying coin?  Easy!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 12:03:33 AM

WTB 100 MON for 0.05 BTC

I will have to disappoint you, expected price of 100 MON is much more than what you offer (0.05) maybe if you remove one zero - 100 MON for 0.5 BTC

Specifications:

Only 8.4 million MON less than BTC or LTC or VTC  Wink
Except you get MON for "free" while mining for VTC, so there's absolutely no reason to expect MON to approach such a high valuation.

Sure...except now VTC is far from the most profitable Scrypt-N coin to mine (by itself) because people are merge-mining with MON. So it's not exactly "free" and, on top of that, it means that the sustained high difficulty will make it quite difficult to acquire without buying. Clearly, people are banking on MON having value. I only expect the network speed to continue rising as it begins to approach that of VTC as merge-mining VTC+MON is, as we all know, a no-brainer. Due to the rarity, I think it will be interesting to see what happens once this starts trading on exchanges (especially with the consistently reduced block rewards).

the difficulties of VTC and MON will soon equalize, the next step is either difficulties to grow significantly, people are still looking for the right p2p pool

prometheianz

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:12:25 AM

WTB 100 MON for 0.05 BTC

Specifications:

Sure...except now VTC is far from the most profitable Scrypt-N coin to mine (by itself) because people are merge-mining with MON. So it's not exactly "free" and, on top of that, it means that the sustained high difficulty will make it quite difficult to acquire without buying. Clearly, people are banking on MON having value. I only expect the network speed to continue rising as it begins to approach that of VTC as merge-mining VTC+MON is, as we all know, a no-brainer. Due to the rarity, I think it will be interesting to see what happens once this starts trading on exchanges (especially with the consistently reduced block rewards).

Just wait 'til these recently announced 75 m/hash+ Scrypt ASICs are out in force. GPU miners will flock to Scypt-N coins, and VTC is the established player in that arena. The network hashrate will skyrocket.
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 12:15:56 AM

WTB 100 MON for 0.05 BTC

Specifications:

Just wait 'til these recently announced 75 m/hash+ Scrypt ASICs are out in force. GPU miners will flock to Scypt-N coins, and VTC is the established player in that arena. The network hashrate will skyrocket.

No doubt - in fact, because of MON, I moved all of my GPU rigs over to Scrypt-N (VTC+MON) earlier than scheduled. 

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
bholzer

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 12:25:36 AM

WTB 100 MON for 0.05 BTC

Specifications:

What this guy said.

I spent 2 hours setting up merge mining on my local machine.  I am still getting the exact same amount of VTC, but now also have a few hundred MON sitting around that I got for 'free' essentially.

I'm surprised you're getting the exact same amount of VTC considering the average network speed has been 20% higher since MON launched vs the days preceding it - perhaps you've just been lucky... but the VTC return for everybody else, on average, has already dropped about 20%. Once word gets out and ASICs completely squeeze out GPUs on Scrypt coins, the VTC+MON combo will surely be the most attractive Scrypt-N option. It's easy to say it's "free" but your mining ROI is about 25% lower than some of the other Scrypt-N coins if you ignore the potential value of MON.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
perezoso

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:48:55 AM

If you're having those types of issues, you should really setup your own private p2pool node. (snip...)

I agree 100%, and want to add to the encouragement to run your own node. It's easy, pretty much anyone can do it, even if you don't have a separate PC or ESXi server etc. - just run it in a VM on your desktop (or indeed run it directly on your desktop) - it's the optimal way to mine, with the best payouts and zero fees.

Okay, okay.  Once I find that Ubuntu disk around here, I'll put it on a Virtualbox and give it a whirl.   If I'm going to bother maybe even make a dynamic DNS public node, since there seem to be few nodes in the US southwest.  Unless that would attract idiots wanting to mess with my "massive" 700k hashpower.

Crapped out somewhere around "cabal: using 'build-type: Custom' but there is no Setup.hs or Setup.lhs script."

Bummer.  Guess I'll wait for things to evolve since, as I understand it, this is a temporary arrangement.

hammerbrain

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:00:16 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 09:59:24 AM by hammerbrain

"Simplevert Update: The large majority of our miners have since added a MON address so we're reducing the bonus percentage to 5% so we can continue doing it."

I mined approx. 18 hours on p2p prior to trying Simplevert and the same after. In both instances I received more than Simplevert with 10% bonus.

As stated earlier in this thread, a huge amount of MON was accumulated by Simplevert (and will be dumped) and a paltry 10% was paid out to new miners (now 5%, less than 24 hours later).

Simplevert has a wonderful interface and has obviously spent a good deal of money in hopes of recouping said funds from newer miners.

Free yourself from the neo-oligarchs of the crypto-world.

>P2P<

Learn it...Use it.

kinda the point of vert imho
kjesser

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:17:30 AM

"Simplevert Update: The large majority of our miners have since added a MON address so we're reducing the bonus percentage to 5% so we can continue doing it."

I mined approx. 18 hours on p2p prior to trying Simplevert and the same after. In both instances I received more than Simplevert with 10% bonus.

As stated earlier in this thread, a huge amount of MON was accumulated by Simplevert (and will be dumped) and a paltry 10% was paid out to new miners (now 5%, less than 24 hours later).

Simplevert has a wonderful interface and has obviously spent a good deal of money in hopes of recouping said funds from new miners (and then some).

Free yourself from the neo-oligarchs of the crypto-world.

>P2P<

Learn it...Use it.

kinda the point of vert imho

Wow! You got more coins when mining at lower diff than you did when the diff was higher? That's unheard of!
javajeve

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 01:42:30 AM

Simple Vert is paying out a 10% bonus on MON blocks! This might be permanent

Yesterday we added merged mining for everyone, it has been rock solid so far, and we've added basic stats so you can see how much MON you are mining (Example).

Since some miners have not set a MON payout address, we're left holding some leftover MON. We're sending a bunch of that MON back to you! With a 10% bonus, you get 110% of the MON you mine.

Depending on how many miners set their MON address, we may be able to run the 10% bonus continuously. For now we are doing it as a trial, and may adjust the % up or down.

THEY ARE NOT GIVING OUT 10% BONUS ITS NOW 5% FOR THE LAST HOUR OR SO !!!!!!!!!!!!!
everything_zen

Activity: 109
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:04:47 AM

Yesterday we added merged mining for everyone, it has been rock solid so far, and we've added basic stats so you can see how much MON you are mining (Example).

Since some miners have not set a MON payout address, we're left holding some leftover MON. We're sending a bunch of that MON back to you! With a 10% bonus, you get 110% of the MON you mine.

Depending on how many miners set their MON address, we may be able to run the 10% bonus continuously. For now we are doing it as a trial, and may adjust the % up or down.

THEY ARE NOT GIVING OUT 10% BONUS ITS NOW 5% FOR THE LAST HOUR OR SO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, almost everyone has added MON addresses now so we adjusted it down.

For now we are doing it as a trial, and may adjust the % up or down.

bholzer

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 03:15:15 AM

Yup, almost everyone has added MON addresses now so we adjusted it down.

For now we are doing it as a trial, and may adjust the % up or down.

This java guy thought he was quite the detective...

sirblackjack

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:17:00 AM

For some reason I'm not getting any MON.  I am running my own p2pool node.  I'm using the following config:

And mining config:
  • sgminer.exe -o 127.0.1.1:9174 -u VTC-ADDRESS -p MON-ADDRESS --algorithm adaptive-n-factor --rest-of-settings

I'm not using proxypool, but AFAIK it shouldn't be needed when solomining.  I have been mining with this config for about 48 hours, have been receiving VTC but no MON at all.  What am I doing wrong?
Coelacanth

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 04:26:22 AM

There are many p2pool nodes in all 3 networks with merged mining stats with paid and unpaid VTC & MON information. For those who mined at p2pool before take a shot with new web dashboard by Cooba13.

This displays each miners vtc hash rate accurately which was missing in original dashboard.

github : https://github.com/Cooba13/proxypool-simplestats

example stats : http://whatever.kn.vutbr.cz/proxypool/

https://i.imgur.com/VvqN18f.png

Being decentralized, the front ends for p2pool are built by community and takes some time. But it will be done eventually fellow Vertans. Even devs will come out with a proper decentralized merged mining in future. Just need to give them time and I think they are not get paid for dev hours???

Take note that the most important thing is your coin income and decentralizing the mining operations. Stats also needed to estimate and predicted income.

I'm not against the traditional pools here. We need best of both worlds with a balanced hash rates between p2pool and traditional pools.
smak

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:06:16 AM

yeah simplevert is down to 5% because people are picking up their mono, pays to read and follow instructions.

what do you guys think about the scheduled payouts for vert now as well as monocle?

personally i would rather have individual payouts just for ease of tracking. add to the fact that the scheduled payouts seem to be infrequent at times.. just makes sense.

on the stats page he asks your opinion, has anyone other than myself spoken up?
bengx

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:30:27 AM

For some reason I'm not getting any MON.  I am running my own p2pool node.  I'm using the following config:

And mining config:
  • sgminer.exe -o 127.0.1.1:9174 -u VTC-ADDRESS -p MON-ADDRESS --algorithm adaptive-n-factor --rest-of-settings

I'm not using proxypool, but AFAIK it shouldn't be needed when solomining.  I have been mining with this config for about 48 hours, have been receiving VTC but no MON at all.  What am I doing wrong?

Do you see "Got merge-mined work!" in your p2pool console? If you don't, you need to put server=1 into your monocle.conf and restart the monoclecoin wallet. If you do, then your p2pool is set up properly. rpcmonuser and rpcmonpass is set up exactly as you see it in the monocle.conf. What is your hashrate? I believe the difficulty is too high such that hashrates too small might take too long to solomine a block.
bholzer

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 05:31:43 AM

yeah simplevert is down to 5% because people are picking up their mono, pays to read and follow instructions.

what do you guys think about the scheduled payouts for vert now as well as monocle?

personally i would rather have individual payouts just for ease of tracking. add to the fact that the scheduled payouts seem to be infrequent at times.. just makes sense.

If they can stick to every 4 hours, that's fine with me. However, MON payouts were supposed to be every 6 hours and the last 2 were ~10 hours apart (and now it's been over 7 hours since the last MON payout). If it's just going to be random like the MON payouts, I would prefer individual payouts as well (especially if there is some kind of issue/site goes down/etc). I have about 25 Mh/s hitting the pool and when payouts are supposed to be every 6 hours, and it's been 10 hours, it's certainly frustrating.

ellen.yan

Activity: 106

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:33:35 AM

h, well, it does make sense to force people to mine VTC with MON and not make it opt-in in order to strengthen VTC blockchain.

smak

Activity: 72

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 05:43:00 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 06:12:43 AM by smak

If they can stick to every 4 hours, that's fine with me. However, MON payouts were supposed to be every 6 hours and the last 2 were ~10 hours apart (and now it's been over 7 hours since the last MON payout). If it's just going to be random like the MON payouts, I would prefer individual payouts as well (especially if there is some kind of issue/site goes down/etc). I have about 25 Mh/s hitting the pool and when payouts are supposed to be every 6 hours, and it's been 10 hours, it's certainly frustrating.

ahh bholzer, i am a Murraycoin holder Smiley good to see you vetting verts rep as well.

servers actually getting reset right now. stratum issues? and all this software is in beta if not alpha.

as long as its above dust, i would rather get paid out as i go, even if scheduled payouts did function like clockwork, which as mentioned they do not.
everything_zen

Activity: 109
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:02:21 AM

ahh bholzer, i am a curraycoin holder Smiley good to see you vetting verts rep as well.

servers actually getting reset right now. stratum issues? and all this software is in beta if not alpha.

as long as its above dust, i would rather get paid out as i go, even if scheduled payouts function like clockwork.

Yup, some chaps were hitting our DDOS rate limit, even after we raised it, so we made a few changes (such as raising diff to 64) to reduce their packet traffic.

Several people have gotten back to us saying they like not being spammed and prefer 4hr, so we'll be trying that for a while. VTC payouts are 100% automated so they'll go like clockwork, unfortunately MON is not all the way there yet, but we will fully automate it in the next day or two and probably end up running it on the same schedule as VTC.

Work has started on adding Parallax Cheesy

dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 06:09:31 AM

What do you think about VTC price after MON is now active and nearly all miners are getting extra mon by mining VTC.
Will VTC decline because it can be dumped for cheaper price because the extra worth of MON fills the gap ?

My experiance ofter the last months was that nearly nobody holds the coins and exchanged them to LTC and BTC.
As i was holding all the coins i mined i made nearly on all a big loss.
The last ones i have over with a worth now is VTC and DRK and VTC is on a decline over weeks and Diff is not falling,
it´s rising. That makes me belive there are a lot of miners that can mine on free electricity or why can they dump on such cheap price over weeks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: