Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:31:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MON | Monocle | Merge Mined on VTC Vertcoin - No Premine - Scrypt-N  (Read 145882 times)
bholzer

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 07:40:43 AM

What do you think about VTC price after MON is now active and nearly all miners are getting extra mon by mining VTC.
Will VTC decline because it can be dumped for cheaper price because the extra worth of MON fills the gap ?

My experiance ofter the last months was that nearly nobody holds the coins and exchanged them to LTC and BTC.
As i was holding all the coins i mined i made nearly on all a big loss.
The last ones i have over with a worth now is VTC and DRK and VTC is on a decline over weeks and Diff is not falling,
it´s rising. That makes me belive there are a lot of miners that can mine on free electricity or why can they dump on such cheap price over weeks.

In theory, it should be roughly neutral. The bottom line is that once MON hits the exchanges, the difficulty will rise accordingly and the return-per-hash will be roughly equivalent to the field. Basically, you'd be getting less VTC but the MON would make up for the difference. There are the added bonuses of improving the security of the blockchain and reducing the benefits of multipools as well. That being said, in reality, nobody can say for sure how things will play out.

I expect VTC in general to rise in value as more and more GPU miners start moving over to scrypt-N - we're literally days away from scrypt coins being nonprofitable to mine with GPUs across the board. Even if you have free power, it would make more sense to move GPUs over to scrypt-N when the time comes. Looking down the road, VTC will surely be the flagship scrypt-N coin with the others filling in the gaps at the bottom for people to jump around in.

Values are down almost across the board - it isn't just VTC. This is a bear market and, while a rebound is surely right around the corner, we aren't there yet. People got hit hard with the "country coin" fad where alts like Auroracoin dropped as much as 200x in value - those people that lost on those gambles pulled funds out of alts and even BTC as the people on the inside dumped, took hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of BTC, and cashed it in. People were dumping every alt they had to get in on the country coins; add to that the depressed value of BTC (vs where we were at - not claiming it's undervalued or overvalued) and the fact that there are more miners than ever and the cost of electricity almost exclusively changes in one direction (up) - returns aren't as great as they once were (and mining returns will likely never be as good as they were in December ). Regardless, if you can bring in more that you're spending on power, it's still worth it, right? If nothing more it's a great savings plan as long as you aren't taking it in the shorts too hard on the dips. The winners in this market are the patient people - impatient/impulsive people almost always lose. In the case of the fad coins, there is money to be made if you get in early and if you're lucky. Beyond that, it's a suckers game that was rigged from the start. Sometimes people believe what they want to believe and everybody wants to get rich quick.

I'm extremely critical of new coins and, in my honest opinion, I think Monocle is an all-around positive addition. Sure the brand/logo projects a strange image for a financial instrument and I'm not planning my early retirement or anything but I'm excited about MON and looking forward to helping to get the handful of (pretty minor) kinks worked out.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
techboy

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:43:18 AM

Well, i think it is too coincidental that vtc price goes down after mon comes out....
svk31

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 08:36:33 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 09:05:21 AM by svk31

There are many p2pool nodes in all 3 networks with merged mining stats with paid and unpaid VTC & MON information. For those who mined at p2pool before take a shot with new web dashboard by Cooba13.

This displays each miners vtc hash rate accurately which was missing in original dashboard.

github : https://github.com/Cooba13/proxypool-simplestats

example stats : http://whatever.kn.vutbr.cz/proxypool/

... removed image

Being decentralized, the front ends for p2pool are built by community and takes some time. But it will be done eventually fellow Vertans. Even devs will come out with a proper decentralized merged mining in future. Just need to give them time and I think they are not get paid for dev hours???

Take note that the most important thing is your coin income and decentralizing the mining operations. Stats also needed to estimate and predicted income.

I'm not against the traditional pools here. We need best of both worlds with a balanced hash rates between p2pool and traditional pools.

I've got this up and running for my p2pool node, but the stats are really strange. I'm the only one mining currently, with about 150khs, and the proxypool stats page has me at ~4000khs. The normal interface by hardcpp shows the correct hashrate.

Anyone know what's causing this? Some db error?

I've also got values in the "not yet paid submitted shares" that are >0 although I haven't found anything yet, is that normal?

Update: The hashrate seems to be getting incremented, increasing by 50khs or so every minute when the php gets updated..
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:51:49 AM

What do you think about VTC price after MON is now active and nearly all miners are getting extra mon by mining VTC.
Will VTC decline because it can be dumped for cheaper price because the extra worth of MON fills the gap ?

My experiance ofter the last months was that nearly nobody holds the coins and exchanged them to LTC and BTC.
As i was holding all the coins i mined i made nearly on all a big loss.
The last ones i have over with a worth now is VTC and DRK and VTC is on a decline over weeks and Diff is not falling,
it´s rising. That makes me belive there are a lot of miners that can mine on free electricity or why can they dump on such cheap price over weeks.

In theory, it should be roughly neutral. The bottom line is that once MON hits the exchanges, the difficulty will rise accordingly and the return-per-hash will be roughly equivalent to the field. Basically, you'd be getting less VTC but the MON would make up for the difference. There are the added bonuses of improving the security of the blockchain and reducing the benefits of multipools as well. That being said, in reality, nobody can say for sure how things will play out.

I expect VTC in general to rise in value as more and more GPU miners start moving over to scrypt-N - we're literally days away from scrypt coins being nonprofitable to mine with GPUs across the board. Even if you have free power, it would make more sense to move GPUs over to scrypt-N when the time comes. Looking down the road, VTC will surely be the flagship scrypt-N coin with the others filling in the gaps at the bottom for people to jump around in.

Values are down almost across the board - it isn't just VTC. This is a bear market and, while a rebound is surely right around the corner, we aren't there yet. People got hit hard with the "country coin" fad where alts like Auroracoin dropped as much as 200x in value - those people that lost on those gambles pulled funds out of alts and even BTC as the people on the inside dumped, took hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of BTC, and cashed it in. People were dumping every alt they had to get in on the country coins; add to that the depressed value of BTC (vs where we were at - not claiming it's undervalued or overvalued) and the fact that there are more miners than ever and the cost of electricity almost exclusively changes in one direction (up) - returns aren't as great as they once were (and mining returns will likely never be as good as they were in December ). Regardless, if you can bring in more that you're spending on power, it's still worth it, right? If nothing more it's a great savings plan as long as you aren't taking it in the shorts too hard on the dips. The winners in this market are the patient people - impatient/impulsive people almost always lose. In the case of the fad coins, there is money to be made if you get in early and if you're lucky. Beyond that, it's a suckers game that was rigged from the start. Sometimes people believe what they want to believe and everybody wants to get rich quick.

I'm extremely critical of new coins and, in my honest opinion, I think Monocle is an all-around positive addition. Sure the brand/logo projects a strange image for a financial instrument and I'm not planning my early retirement or anything but I'm excited about MON and looking forward to helping to get the handful of (pretty minor) kinks worked out.

Thanks a lot for your opinion and your time to write down  Wink
DragonShow

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 11:48:49 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 12:34:53 PM by DragonShow

New Proxy Pool VTC/MON Merged Node located in France
Mining on the first P2Pool network

stratum+tcp://p2pool.vertfinder.info:9555

Stats page: http://p2pool.vertfinder.info:8080/proxypool/

Currently 0% fee on both proxypool and p2pool node (fee may increase if a server upgrade is needed to handle load)

Transactions and paid shares statistics are coming once we reach the first payout.
Please message me if you would like others stats or if you encounter any issue.

BorisTheSpider (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:29:45 PM

Someone wrote a nice guide on setting up your own p2pool node in a VM (and also, in one of the comments, someone linked to a nice HOWTO on running your own node directly on your windows desktop): http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/24trmj/set_up_your_very_own_p2pool_node_linux_virtual_box/

To reiterate, running your own p2pool node for your private use is the best way to merge mine VTC and MON, with the highest possible payouts and zero fees.
svk31

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 12:54:00 PM

I've got this up and running for my p2pool node, but the stats are really strange. I'm the only one mining currently, with about 150khs, and the proxypool stats page has me at ~4000khs. The normal interface by hardcpp shows the correct hashrate.

Anyone know what's causing this? Some db error?

I've also got values in the "not yet paid submitted shares" that are >0 although I haven't found anything yet, is that normal?

Update: The hashrate seems to be getting incremented, increasing by 50khs or so every minute when the php gets updated..
Replying to my own question, I got this sorted by restarting mysql and verifying the time settings. I think I'd updated the system timezone after installing mysql, so it was simply related to the timestamps as indicated in the howto.

For anyone interested, here's the command to check the mysql timezone settings:

SELECT @@global.time_zone, @@session.time_zone
silencesilence
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 12:56:10 PM

Someone wrote a nice guide on setting up your own p2pool node in a VM (and also, in one of the comments, someone linked to a nice HOWTO on running your own node directly on your windows desktop): http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/24trmj/set_up_your_very_own_p2pool_node_linux_virtual_box/

To reiterate, running your own p2pool node for your private use is the best way to merge mine VTC and MON, with the highest possible payouts and zero fees.

If I do own p2p
Is that equivalent to solo mining  VTC + MON ?
silencesilence
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 02:40:55 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2014, 03:01:40 PM by silencesilence

I mining here - http://p2proxy.net
 but my statistic is broken Huh  for 1 rig
 VTC (Paid: 2.55433404 VTC)
MON (Paid: 0.00000000 MON)
Recent payments stand by 2014-05-03 20:10
for second rig it's fine
0.691443460190 VTC (Paid: 1.97487506 VTC)
3.104770762960 MON (Paid: 5.39850627 MON)
I need an answer from the owner of http://p2proxy.net
Thanks

Not sure what the problem you're describing is? Is it that you got a mon payment on one address but it doesn't show up in the statistics?

I get paid from there, but statistics are very important for small miners

also have many rejects from there, in the normal pool I don't have rejects with the same settings

I do not know where to write to you
today there is a huge delay in the payment of MON
14 hours without payment

I give you my feedback, my goal is to improve this things  Wink

bholzer

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 02:43:59 PM

Well, i think it is too coincidental that vtc price goes down after mon comes out....

Nobody can stop you from seeing what you want to see... but as I mentioned in the post before yours: we are in a bear market; almost nothing is going up. VTC was trending down slightly well before MON launched. FTC is down in the same time period - do you equate that to MON as well? I disagree that it is "too coincidental" - in this market, possibly more than any other, conclusions are constantly drawn from coincidence.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
BorisTheSpider (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 03:03:08 PM

If I do own p2p
Is that equivalent to solo mining  VTC + MON ?

Mining on your own private p2pool node (in which case you don't need the proxypool software, or the payout scripts) means you are mining VTC on p2pool (distributed, with your VTC shares on the p2pool sharechain, and your payouts directly in the VTC generation transactions whenever any p2pool node finds a block), and solomining MON (the MON goes directly into the wallet on your node).

soulnecturn

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 07:36:07 PM

There are many p2pool nodes in all 3 networks with merged mining stats with paid and unpaid VTC & MON information. For those who mined at p2pool before take a shot with new web dashboard by Cooba13.

This displays each miners vtc hash rate accurately which was missing in original dashboard.

github : https://github.com/Cooba13/proxypool-simplestats

example stats : http://whatever.kn.vutbr.cz/proxypool/

Being decentralized, the front ends for p2pool are built by community and takes some time. But it will be done eventually fellow Vertans. Even devs will come out with a proper decentralized merged mining in future. Just need to give them time and I think they are not get paid for dev hours???

Take note that the most important thing is your coin income and decentralizing the mining operations. Stats also needed to estimate and predicted income.

I'm not against the traditional pools here. We need best of both worlds with a balanced hash rates between p2pool and traditional pools.

Yeah ... well in the end after testing pools ... I anyway get to p2pool ... and chosed this one in Prague - closest me Wink
Anyway
http://whatever.kn.vutbr.cz/proxypool/
I guess I over doubled hashrate in it hehehe Wink Still tomorrow will head there one more rig so 12Mhs+ should be just from me...
From now on I will be focusing on decentralized ways of mining... so p2p and p2pools....
hope more will do similar...

yes I am aware I might be losing little because of this but looking at what is happening... Vertcoin is needing this!
senpai1

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:14:13 PM

I mining here - http://p2proxy.net
 but my statistic is broken Huh  for 1 rig
 VTC (Paid: 2.55433404 VTC)
MON (Paid: 0.00000000 MON)
Recent payments stand by 2014-05-03 20:10
for second rig it's fine
0.691443460190 VTC (Paid: 1.97487506 VTC)
3.104770762960 MON (Paid: 5.39850627 MON)
I need an answer from the owner of http://p2proxy.net
Thanks

Not sure what the problem you're describing is? Is it that you got a mon payment on one address but it doesn't show up in the statistics?

I get paid from there, but statistics are very important for small miners

also have many rejects from there, in the normal pool I don't have rejects with the same settings

I do not know where to write to you
today there is a huge delay in the payment of MON
14 hours without payment

I give you my feedback, my goal is to improve this things  Wink

Yes i have not gotten paid either.

5.823298128680 VTC    (Paid: 56.85715241 VTC)
18.839214200400 MON (Paid: 42.47307813 MON)

Still waiting.....

It seems that we are not the only ones, looking at the backlog.

coa032

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 08:43:24 PM

WTB 100 MON for 0.1 BTC
silencesilence
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 08:46:16 PM

WTB 100 MON for 0.1 BTC

I will buy 100 MON for 0.5 BTC
shurik29

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:33:20 PM

WTS 120 MON 0.6 btc pm me
soulnecturn

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 09:55:17 PM

WTB 100 MON for 0.1 BTC

I will buy 100 MON for 0.5 BTC

heh ? Will sell you 500 by hand if wish lol
bholzer

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 10:22:21 PM

This thing is gonna go bonkers when it first hits the exchanges...

I just sold 225 MON (half of my stash) today for a total of 0.9 BTC and I'm beginning to wonder if I sold too cheap.

silencesilence
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2014, 10:23:31 PM

http://www.p2proxy.net
A big portion of the sharelog has been cleared. Many of the shares removed have been paid more than one time due to a bug in the payout system that wasn't removing shares after they had been paid. That's the reason the backlog was almost 4 million shares. I'm sure a lot of you noticed that you had astronomical balances, that is the reason. It was just constantly adding to your balance rather than decreasing it when paid.

I will need to sort through what was paid and what wasn't, and pay out manually. So payouts are going to stop for a while.

With this the site will be shutting down, once I finish the manual payouts with what mature coins are available now, payouts will stop for a while until all coins mature.. Then the pool will pay what it can of the remaining balances.

Site has been updated to support merged-mining of Monocle and Vertcoin.

I am from the start / 5-5-2014/ to you / www.p2proxy.net / , when will be paid my coins

I have many coins there  Huh

I hope I can trust you and I will not be tricked  Wink
soulnecturn

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 10:54:02 PM

This thing is gonna go bonkers when it first hits the exchanges...

I just sold 225 MON (half of my stash) today for a total of 0.9 BTC and I'm beginning to wonder if I sold too cheap.

saay whaaat ? Where did you sold it ??

Anyway....

If anyone interested in MON I can sell part of mine .. generally didnt sold any verts since loooong or longer ... wont sell for so cheap like now is ... but hell bill for electricty exist...
so if I can use those MONs to pay off I would sell them ...

so if anyone wish let me know Wink I can agree on exchanges in parts ... can even send first part as first - if other side is not newbie Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: