Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:25:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MON | Monocle | Merge Mined on VTC Vertcoin - No Premine - Scrypt-N  (Read 145882 times)
soulnecturn

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:00:25 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 08:26:59 PM by soulnecturn

@soulnecturn
it is capped to 0.1vtc per transaction, not block. last matured block was paid in 4 transactions of almost 2vtc each, which makes what we get from each block. IIRC payout script is being reworked to make our lives easier and miners happy Smiley

If 0.1 vtc per transaction... in current moment this mean for my not paid vtc I need 340 transactions to be paid Sad [Well last transaction was even 0.05 vtc just - Huh?]
so question left... how often transactions happening then ? As I see sometimes every 5 minutes and sometimes every some hours .... (no comments about those hours with 0.1 vtc max per transaction...)...

SO.... does it mean that nothing left than wait around week to be paid what was mined till now ? 0.o Just please confirm me if I am ok or wrong as I have feeling you avoiding straight answer :/

Currently after almost day mining there with 10Mhs = less then 7 verts received and over 40 MONs... heh ... just how funny this look ...
templarbg

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:02:13 PM

I've got a merged mining VTC/MON p2pool up and running on the 3rd network, based in France with low latency:

Connect to stratum+tcp://109.24.254.169:9555

Merged stats: http://109.24.254.169/proxypool/
Normal stats: http://109.24.254.169:9174/static/

Hi,
I start mining in your pool today
Are your payout scrypt work?
Because I tried few other pools and their scrypts just stopped working after some time.
svk31

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 08:18:56 PM

I've got a merged mining VTC/MON p2pool up and running on the 3rd network, based in France with low latency:

Connect to stratum+tcp://109.24.254.169:9555

Merged stats: http://109.24.254.169/proxypool/
Normal stats: http://109.24.254.169:9174/static/

Hi,
I start mining in your pool today
Are your payout scrypt work?
Because I tried few other pools and their scrypts just stopped working after some time.
Thanks for mining with me Smiley

The script is up to date and running, but the Vtc balance of the node isn't high enough yet to do any payouts. Now that you're on there we'll probably see some payouts soon. As for Mon payouts, we'll have to find a block first for that to happen.
Cooba13

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:39:45 PM

@soulnecturn
it is capped to 0.1vtc per transaction, not block. last matured block was paid in 4 transactions of almost 2vtc each, which makes what we get from each block. IIRC payout script is being reworked to make our lives easier and miners happy Smiley

If 0.1 vtc per transaction... in current moment this mean for my not paid vtc I need 340 transactions to be paid Sad
so question left... how often transactions happening then ? As I see sometimes every 5 minutes and sometimes every some hours .... (no comments about those hours with 0.1 vtc max per transaction...)...

SO.... does it mean that nothing left than wait around week to be paid what was mined till now ? 0.o Just please confirm me if I am ok or wrong as I have feeling you avoiding straight answer :/

Currently after almost day mining there with 10Mhs = less then 7 verts received ... heh ... just how funny this look ...

payout script runs every 5 minutes. It will check if it has coins in wallets to pay out, if yes, it will scan past shares and pay for them, then set them as paid. If not, it waits another 5 minutes and check again. As of now, it is set to  1MON or 0.1VTC per transaction. I will try to raise limit, but there can be problem, that you hug all payouts and others get nothing. Will have to tinker with it. IIRC there was or is a bug where paid shares was not tagged as paid, so it can be problem here. Shares from other miners was not tagged and it is still trying to pay them. That can hurt your earnings.
About what you can do to speed up coin sendings. Sadly nothing. I can raise payment limit and see what it does. Right now, there is one immature block of each coin in wallets. Will see what happens. And I am not sure if you get something if you stops mining, because cppsrb is paying back for shares from now as far as it can (still have coins to send) which means active miners will get paid first. This is to discourage pool hopping. So in worst case scenario (really slow network blocks), you might not see your shares paid.

soulnecturn

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:52:41 PM

@soulnecturn

If 0.1 vtc per transaction... in current moment this mean for my not paid vtc I need 340 transactions to be paid Sad

Currently after almost day mining there with 10Mhs = less then 7 verts received ... heh ... just how funny this look ...

payout script runs every 5 minutes. It will check if it has coins in wallets to pay out, if yes, it will scan past shares and pay for them, then set them as paid. If not, it waits another 5 minutes and check again. As of now, it is set to  1MON or 0.1VTC per transaction. I will try to raise limit, but there can be problem, that you hug all payouts and others get nothing. Will have to tinker with it. IIRC there was or is a bug where paid shares was not tagged as paid, so it can be problem here. Shares from other miners was not tagged and it is still trying to pay them. That can hurt your earnings.
About what you can do to speed up coin sendings. Sadly nothing. I can raise payment limit and see what it does. Right now, there is one immature block of each coin in wallets. Will see what happens. And I am not sure if you get something if you stops mining, because cppsrb is paying back for shares from now as far as it can (still have coins to send) which means active miners will get paid first. This is to discourage pool hopping. So in worst case scenario (really slow network blocks), you might not see your shares paid.

Say what?
So ... if I mine I will be waiting more and more to get what should already got + what will rise if will mine still... Huh
And if I stop to wait for payments - simply I will be screwed??

Is this the way? If this is how nodes works... and my effort to make it more decentralized look ...
HOW... simply HOW I can trust p2pools like those now? How anyone else can ?
Btw - didnt I asked before if my miners wont make problems? Why NOW you wrote this?

I see it this way:
- Basing on other nodes - I see almost everywhere normal amounts paid with every transaction - only here silly 0.1 ... ??
- I dont understand how your p2pool wallet is empty if my rigs mined into it since last day? WHERE ARE THE coins then? You mean your wallet borrow all and crediting me to pay off "sometime"...

COMMON!!! If this way this will work HOW the hell would be possible to trust nodes? I am not writing this as ignorant ... but hell I am sure this is totally wrong...

And I was wondering why really so many staying and getting back to pools like simplevert.com Sad Its dramatic Sad

I hope you find way as I cannot put miner back there - since I cannot give anymore coins on credit :/ or just give? pfff this is messed :/
xgtele

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 08:53:24 PM

WTB MON for VTC. PM me your offer
Cooba13

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:32:04 PM

@soulnecturn

payout script runs every 5 minutes. It will check if it has coins in wallets to pay out, if yes, it will scan past shares and pay for them, then set them as paid. If not, it waits another 5 minutes and check again. As of now, it is set to  1MON or 0.1VTC per transaction. I will try to raise limit, but there can be problem, that you hug all payouts and others get nothing. Will have to tinker with it. IIRC there was or is a bug where paid shares was not tagged as paid, so it can be problem here. Shares from other miners was not tagged and it is still trying to pay them. That can hurt your earnings.

Say what?
So ... if I mine I will be waiting more and more to get what should already got + what will rise if will mine still... Huh
And if I stop to wait for payments - simply I will be screwed??

Is this the way? If this is how nodes works... and my effort to make it more decentralized look ...
HOW... simply HOW I can trust p2pools like those now? How anyone else can ?
Btw - didnt I asked before if my miners wont make problems? Why NOW you wrote this?

I see it this way:
- Basing on other nodes - I see almost everywhere normal amounts paid with every transaction - only here silly 0.1 ... ??
- I dont understand how your p2pool wallet is empty if my rigs mined into it since last day? WHERE ARE THE coins then? You mean your wallet borrow all and crediting me to pay off "sometime"...

COMMON!!! If this way this will work HOW the hell would be possible to trust nodes? I am not writing this as ignorant ... but hell I am sure this is totally wrong...

And I was wondering why really so many staying and getting back to pools like simplevert.com Sad Its dramatic Sad

I hope you find way as I cannot put miner back there - since I cannot give anymore coins on credit :/ or just give? pfff this is messed :/

The first part: this is how cppsrb work. Sadly, there was a bug which did not tagged shares as paid so they where paid multiple times (should be fixed now, check erkmos github). With your hashrate you should be getting ~50% of mined vtc, but you did get much less (most likely that bug).

second part: I did not said anything, simply because I did not know about that bug at that time. Learned about it earlier today.

third part: that silly 0.1 is in payout script on github, just did pull. I made some changes so it should pay more now in one tx. Wallet is empty, because as soon as it has some coins, it will move them to miners using payout script.

in wallet is now 0.3VTC and 7.65vtc immature which will get paid as soon as it is matured.

If you check list of VTC transactions send from node wallet, you will see, taht 138.4 VTC was sent out. Backlog has 67.45 VTC unpaid. And out mining address recieved 147.91 VTC. if you add what I paid and backlog, you will get 205.85 VTC. As you can see, this is much higher than what we mined. Some of it is due to slow first 2 days on second network, and some of it are shares which was not properly tagged as paid and caused this issue.

I understand your frustration, but I cannot do anything about it.

And as said multiple times before. This is temporary sollution. Much better solution where there is no middle man, just as good old p2pool, is in the works. You will be welcomed to p2pool once it is done and you and other wont have to trust anyone Wink
soulnecturn

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:37:45 PM

The first part: this is how cppsrb work. Sadly, there was a bug which did not tagged shares as paid so they where paid multiple times (should be fixed now, check erkmos github). With your hashrate you should be getting ~50% of mined vtc, but you did get much less (most likely that bug).

second part: I did not said anything, simply because I did not know about that bug at that time. Learned about it earlier today.

third part: that silly 0.1 is in payout script on github, just did pull. I made some changes so it should pay more now in one tx. Wallet is empty, because as soon as it has some coins, it will move them to miners using payout script.

in wallet is now 0.3VTC and 7.65vtc immature which will get paid as soon as it is matured.

If you check list of VTC transactions send from node wallet, you will see, taht 138.4 VTC was sent out. Backlog has 67.45 VTC unpaid. And out mining address recieved 147.91 VTC. if you add what I paid and backlog, you will get 205.85 VTC. As you can see, this is much higher than what we mined. Some of it is due to slow first 2 days on second network, and some of it are shares which was not properly tagged as paid and caused this issue.

I understand your frustration, but I cannot do anything about it.

Again - what bug? What the hell you writing now?
Let me put it easly:
My mining rigs mined for almost day with speed 9-10Mhs!
This should provide me pretty the amount that I see in stats (paid + not paid) .... Not 50% of it nor 200% of it! But pretty close to what is showing...
Now- IF I got 7 VTC from around 40 that SHOULD - question is simple - WHERE ARE THE MINED coins? Bug ate it?

Please be serious here... its not fight for 1 vertcoin but over 30 + LOADS of MONs !

COULD ANYONE join this and clarify what is going on here? Was I ripped off? Are others who mining there being ripped?

P.S. Other nodes have way way bigger payments setuped without problems... and only in your node I see this small - like intentional for ripping?
soulnecturn

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:49:07 PM

and here it is... like you said... I did not get paid at all in last transaction....

this is insane!
So in other words I cannot get what I mined until I mine back.... and if I do this... I will be more screwed in more coins...

Again - WHERE are the coins that was mined? Where are my coins!?
coa032

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:01:48 PM

Article about vertcoin and monocle on yahoo! This is great
finance.yahoo.com/news/vertcoin-cryptocurrency-continues-market-expansion-175100313.html
Cooba13

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:02:35 PM

bug where only one share per address was marked as paid, not all of them. That makes some shares paid multiple times. That bug should be fixed now and shares should be tagged as paid ok now.

yes, amount in stats is quite on spot for you, but other miners might have a long list of unpaid shares which was already paid. That 50% I was refering to was of mined vertcoins for whole node ( ie 7vtc mined per block, you should get 3.5vtc more or less).
yes, bug kinda ate it. It was counting some shares multiple times instead of once, so they were paid multiple times, which hurt your earnings. and the MINED COINS are sent to miners on my node by that script, which had that counting bug. So they are distributed between them. I said that multiple times and dont know how to said it differently.
and again, that 0.1vtc and 1mon is setup in payout script from devs. Check it on github. everyone can change it. I left it that way, because it was setup by devs. No ripping intensions. I was talking to bengt (dev) and asking him about that setup. He said I can make it bigger, so I did, it is now higher and will be tweaked as payouts go on. I checked some nodes and they have too 0.1 vtc limit. Everyone who did not changed that payout script have it setup that way.

and as I said, taht payout is paying all shares from now back for which it has coins available.
soulnecturn

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:10:55 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 11:53:26 PM by soulnecturn

bug where only one share per address was marked as paid, not all of them. That makes some shares paid multiple times. That bug should be fixed now and shares should be tagged as paid ok now.

yes, amount in stats is quite on spot for you, but other miners might have a long list of unpaid shares which was already paid. That 50% I was refering to was of mined vertcoins for whole node ( ie 7vtc mined per block, you should get 3.5vtc more or less).
yes, bug kinda ate it. It was counting some shares multiple times instead of once, so they were paid multiple times, which hurt your earnings. and the MINED COINS are sent to miners on my node by that script, which had that counting bug. So they are distributed between them. I said that multiple times and dont know how to said it differently.
and again, that 0.1vtc and 1mon is setup in payout script from devs. Check it on github. everyone can change it. I left it that way, because it was setup by devs. No ripping intensions. I was talking to bengt (dev) and asking him about that setup. He said I can make it bigger, so I did, it is now higher and will be tweaked as payouts go on. I checked some nodes and they have too 0.1 vtc limit. Everyone who did not changed that payout script have it setup that way.

and as I said, taht payout is paying all shares from now back for which it has coins available.

ehhhh .... I pointed CPUs there ... and will observe what will happen ...
for now guess no need to spam anymore Sad Feeling bad but shit always happens to me Sad
Winky

Activity: 506

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:18:03 PM

VTC/MON P2Pool Node
Mining on the first VTC P2Pool Network
Fee: 1%

Frontent:
http://mon.qemulab.com

To connect your miner use the following setting:

"url" : "stratum+tcp://mon.qemulab.com:9555",
"user" : "<Vertcoin Address>",
"pass" : "<Monocle Address>"

Payouts are working fine. Both Wallets have a positive Balance so you will get your first Payouts relatively quick after starting to Mine on the Node.
cozk

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:35:51 PM

WTS

100 MON for .45 BTC
badcookies

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 12:48:14 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 01:06:36 AM by badcookies

Just got latest payout script since it hasn't been working right (not paying out MON, only VTC), but now it won't start:

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 808, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/mydir/proxypool/payout/sharelogger.py", line 37, in run
    numshares = rd.llen(sharelist)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/redis/client.py", line 646, in llen
    return self.execute_command('LLEN', name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/redis/client.py", line 279, in execute_command
    connection.send_command(*args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/redis/connection.py", line 260, in send_command
    self.send_packed_command(self.pack_command(*args))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/redis/connection.py", line 243, in send_packed_command
    self.connect()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/redis/connection.py", line 194, in connect
    self.on_connect()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/redis/connection.py", line 220, in on_connect
    if self.read_response() != 'OK':
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/redis/connection.py", line 270, in read_response
    raise response
ResponseError: Client sent AUTH, but no password is set

Any clue? Sharelogger.conf looks right and didn't update when the script did (I did have one git rollback wipe my conf last time I updated and payouts broke :\)

Edit: Looks like it was this update that causes this error.. must be a difference on the versions of redis or something? On ubuntu 13.10

https://github.com/erkmos/proxypool/commit/aa06db11697bddbb72ee6cfc978daecf1b86cb5b#diff-1c9a708a7468f030544c33baf61d8e31

I undid that commit locally and it works again.

Edit 2:

MON still doesn't appear to being paid out... have 30+ in the wallet and min tx set to 2, some users have 5+
Cooba13

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 02:31:22 AM

ehhhh .... I pointed CPUs there ... and will observe what will happen ...
for now guess no need to spam anymore Sad Feeling bad but shit always happens to me Sad

looks good, you are getting paid as you are active user and have your big shares back in the que. Shares are being rightly tagged as paid so everything from now on (and when backlog get more or less paid) should be ok.
jacob019

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Cryptomancer

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:00:07 AM

Can MON be merge mined with any Scrypt-N coin, such as EXE or KMC?

Favorite coin: Kimocoin (KMC) - in-thread auctions for real world merchandise
website - faucet - explorer - dice
ieatm3s

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 05:53:33 AM

Have 50 MON. PM for offers.
lanshop2010

Activity: 133

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 06:12:43 AM

Somebody posted a step by step guide in configuring VTC/MON/PLX merge mining. I'm still waiting for someone to do quad-merged mining with execoin. Anyone already done it?  Grin

How to mine VTC/MON/PLX (all 3 simultaneously)
http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/24vpgf/how_to_mine_vtcmonplx_all_3_simultaneously/
Lucky_U

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:07:28 AM

SimpleVert will add merged mining Parallax tomorrow:

"Simple Vert is adding support for merged mining Parallax(PLX) coin alongside MON and VTC 5/7/2014
Since we've been getting a ton of questions about it, this is just a heads up that we are going to be adding PLX as an additional merge mined coin. This means if you're mining with us you'll be basically triple mining (VTC, MON, as well as PLX). We are currently testing the code to run it, and we'll likely have an alpha out for you guys sometime tomorrow or Friday.

This process will go very similar to how it went when we added MON. Basically you'll have to add a PLX address to recieve credit for your merged mining, this will be done via a link on your user stats page. For the initial release we may or may not have block/payout stats available for you immediately, our focus is on getting it running first, and then displaying it nicely."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: