Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:51:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin - Business on the Blockchain - LAUNCHED!  (Read 490175 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (109 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
newguy12

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:03:03 AM

Hi everyone. Having a little trouble w/ the wallet. I deleted v1.2, installed 1.3 but even though I used app cleaner and deleted all the library files, whenever I re-install it synchs to the wrong chain. I know I'm not deleting all the necessary files b/c when I reinstall the wallet it knows how many SYS I have w/out importing my backup wallet. Any help would be appreciated.

If you ever installed using the windows installer you have to uninstall all versions before 1.3 and not just deleting the files it creates.

Oh, sorry should've mentioned I'm on OSX 10.9.4

So you go to Home-->Library-->Application Support and delete the whole Syscoin folder (after backing up the wallet.dat)?

Did that. Also to made sure to delete everything in app cleaner when I was removing it.
Yuzu

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:14:56 AM

Hi everyone. Having a little trouble w/ the wallet. I deleted v1.2, installed 1.3 but even though I used app cleaner and deleted all the library files, whenever I re-install it synchs to the wrong chain. I know I'm not deleting all the necessary files b/c when I reinstall the wallet it knows how many SYS I have w/out importing my backup wallet. Any help would be appreciated.

If you ever installed using the windows installer you have to uninstall all versions before 1.3 and not just deleting the files it creates.

So you go to Home-->Library-->Application Support and delete the whole Syscoin folder (after backing up the wallet.dat)?

Did that. Also to made sure to delete everything in app cleaner when I was removing it.

This is going to sound silly, but after deleting the Syscoin icon in Applications I also delete the dmg download.  Then I restart my computer, download the wallet again, start the wallet and once it starts to sync I replace the wallet.dat.  That works for me.  Maybe you could try it.  No harm, right?
TheStuhlman
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

https://twitter.com/JStuhlman

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 02:19:44 AM

This is going to sound silly, but after deleting the Syscoin icon in Applications I also delete the dmg download.  Then I restart my computer, download the wallet again, start the wallet and once it starts to sync I replace the wallet.dat.  That works for me.  Maybe you could try it.  No harm, right?
that's right. that will work

vicvelcro

Activity: 196

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:38:39 AM

Wallet 0.1.3 Windows EXE
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium Service Pack 1 with all current updates
AMD FX-8150 8 Core CPU
ASUS Crosshair V Formula Thunderbolt Motherboard with UEFI BIOS 1702 or maybe 1703 (whichever was newest last month)
16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM

I removed the previous wallet, backed up my wallet.dat file saved my .conf and peers.dat then deleted the whole Syscoin folder.
Ran the new wallet as administrator with none of the prior files restored. Ran fine and sync'd the first time.
Restored ONLY wallet.dat and ran it as administrator again, got the error that means corrupt wallet.dat - reran it as administrator with the -salvagewallet and that worked that time.
Exited the wallet software, waited a few minutes, then tried to run it as administrator again - showed splash screen for a moment and said verifying blockchain, then vanished except the system tray icon.
Opened my task manager and ended the process tree.
Ran in as administrator again - started to load, no GUI but back in the system tray.
Saved wallet.dat and nuked the Syscoin folder.
Created Syscoin folder and copied my wallet.dat to it.
Ran it as administrator again - it synced fine and wallet was ok.
Closed it and reran as administrator - started to load, no GUI but back in the system tray.

For me, the wallet has the same problem where it can be run one time but will fail if it is run again, unless the Syscoin folder is nuked.
I did not try it on any of my other machines or Windows versions.

Perhaps there's some commonality among those of us with the GUI problem. Might be CPU brand, CPU number of cores, Windows Premium instead of regular, installed version of service pack, UEFI BIOS, or who knows...

So, maybe others with a malfunctioning Windows EXE version of the wallet can include a bit of basic system information, to see if the issue lies in the hardware config or the installed Windows particulars or whatever. It could be a dead end, but no harm trying.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:40:32 AM

Screw all the idiots who dumped below IPO price. Seriously though, I love thinking about how all those 13 year old kids couldn't handle a shaky start and instead dumped for a loss.. Fucking idiots. None of them were in it for the right reasons anyways. Just a bunch of fucking clowns trying to make a quick buck off of the IPO who couldn't give two shits about what the coin is actually set to achieve. They fucking deserve it. OOHMYGODTHISCOINDIDNTGIVEMEA10XRETURNONLAUNCHIAMPISSEDIAMSOPISSEDIDESERVEBETTER IAMGOIGNTODUMPNOWOHWOOPSIMANIDIOT.
TheStuhlman
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 02:47:46 AM

Confirmation market feature works

||
 ||
 ||
 ||
\  /
 \/

Elokane

Activity: 817

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 03:02:46 AM

Is there a built in escrow option or does it rely on blind trust only?

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
TheStuhlman
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 03:12:54 AM

Is there a built in escrow option or does it rely on blind trust only?
I am thinking with certificates there would be trusted merchants and merchants with risk, but I am not sure.
Also there is a number of improvements to come to this, pending network stabilization.
There was a number of attacks on SYScoin and the devs managed to thwart those so far. This is huge.
SYScoin has stepped into the next realm, this will explode soon.

Elokane

Activity: 817

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 03:13:45 AM

I must say it all looks very good right now.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
BetMoose

Activity: 372

Real Bets. Real People. By Anyone, on anything

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 03:22:31 AM

If I decide to bet 0.1 BTC that this coin won't get back to 700 satoshi this year will Moolah escrow me? I am serious about this.

Betting 5 Bitcoin on top of your 0.1 BTC.

Betting 100BTC that there's one person behind most of these troll accounts.

You would lose 100BTC, a lot of shaky investors that had a lot of hope in this coin, and backed by Lord-Moolah himself put a lot of faith into the investment. I thought it was a rushed/overpriced NEM so I avoided the IPO. Dodged a bullet but really feel sorry for all those that had so much faith. Good luck everyone.

You guys can easily do this over at https://www.betmoose.com/bets - send it to the dev and have him act as the 'Yes' bet to incentivize him Wink

BetMoose.com - Wager on real world events. Profit from predicting the future. Create and share your own contracts.
prix

Activity: 750
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:34:00 AM

danosphere, snipsnoop
Why does the wallet need an administrator password for run? I hope you will fix it in the next version.
Previous version of the wallet and other my wallets run successfully without requesting administrator rights.

From exe:
Code:
  <assemblyIdentity version="2.0.2.0" processorArchitecture="X86" type="win32" name="Syscoin QT"></assemblyIdentity>
  <trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v2">
    <security>
      <requestedPrivileges>
        <requestedExecutionLevel level="requireAdministrator" uiAccess="false"></requestedExecutionLevel>
      </requestedPrivileges>
    </security>
  </trustInfo>
</assembly>
helmet

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:39:30 AM

Wallet 0.1.3 Windows EXE
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium Service Pack 1 with all current updates
AMD FX-8150 8 Core CPU
ASUS Crosshair V Formula Thunderbolt Motherboard with UEFI BIOS 1702 or maybe 1703 (whichever was newest last month)
16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM

I removed the previous wallet, backed up my wallet.dat file saved my .conf and peers.dat then deleted the whole Syscoin folder.
Ran the new wallet as administrator with none of the prior files restored. Ran fine and sync'd the first time.
Restored ONLY wallet.dat and ran it as administrator again, got the error that means corrupt wallet.dat - reran it as administrator with the -salvagewallet and that worked that time.
Exited the wallet software, waited a few minutes, then tried to run it as administrator again - showed splash screen for a moment and said verifying blockchain, then vanished except the system tray icon.
Opened my task manager and ended the process tree.
Ran in as administrator again - started to load, no GUI but back in the system tray.
Saved wallet.dat and nuked the Syscoin folder.
Created Syscoin folder and copied my wallet.dat to it.
Ran it as administrator again - it synced fine and wallet was ok.
Closed it and reran as administrator - started to load, no GUI but back in the system tray.

For me, the wallet has the same problem where it can be run one time but will fail if it is run again, unless the Syscoin folder is nuked.
I did not try it on any of my other machines or Windows versions.

Perhaps there's some commonality among those of us with the GUI problem. Might be CPU brand, CPU number of cores, Windows Premium instead of regular, installed version of service pack, UEFI BIOS, or who knows...

So, maybe others with a malfunctioning Windows EXE version of the wallet can include a bit of basic system information, to see if the issue lies in the hardware config or the installed Windows particulars or whatever. It could be a dead end, but no harm trying.

Run it with -reindex for now and it should work.
flankliu

Activity: 334

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:44:07 AM

Every time i restart the wallet (0.1 0.11 0.12 0.13), it has a same problem, the icon was in the taskbar, but the wallet cant display, i need delete all blockchain files to restart it.
Please check it,thank you.
My system is Win8 64bit

tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:44:47 AM

Everyone start dumping. I was going to buy back in around 370 today but then decided not to because I was about to go in for knee surgery. And you guys already let the price recover.
Bourbon44

Activity: 198

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:47:35 AM

So I tried this as well.  Maybe I'm just a noob.  I deleted everything with app cleaner after restarted the computer and redownloaded the wallet.  It says that it is stuck on block 5164.  So I'm still on the old block chain, correct?  How do I make it connect to the new block chain?
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098

Angel investor.

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:53:49 AM

It seems this coin has made a good progress, excellent work, DEV.

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
cryptzo

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 04:24:04 AM

So I tried this as well.  Maybe I'm just a noob.  I deleted everything with app cleaner after restarted the computer and redownloaded the wallet.  It says that it is stuck on block 5164.  So I'm still on the old block chain, correct?  How do I make it connect to the new block chain?

When I synced I hung up on that block for a second too. After a few minutes it sorted itself out and I synced up. *shrug*

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:26:56 AM

This is going to sound silly, but after deleting the Syscoin icon in Applications I also delete the dmg download.  Then I restart my computer, download the wallet again, start the wallet and once it starts to sync I replace the wallet.dat.  That works for me.  Maybe you could try it.  No harm, right?

So I tried this as well.  Maybe I'm just a noob.  I deleted everything with app cleaner after restarted the computer and redownloaded the wallet.  It says that it is stuck on block 5164.  So I'm still on the old block chain, correct?  How do I make it connect to the new block chain?

When I synced I hung up on that block for a second too. After a few minutes it sorted itself out and I synced up. *shrug*

There were some fee fixes around then so most clients are running without those fixes but latest clients have the fixes so if you have latest client it has to wait to download from the new clients or it will hang around waiting be ause it cant accept the block(requires a fee when it shouldnt)
vicvelcro

Activity: 196

WARNING: I say "F*CK". A Lot.

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:33:46 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not going to keep changing my shortcut properties as a kludge for the thing to work. I'll wait until it can simply run proper without -salvagewallet -reindex no need for administrator priviledges no having to kill the process or nuke the Syscoin folder.

I'd much rather see the problem located and actually fixed.

Run it with -reindex for now and it should work.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Bourbon44

Activity: 198

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:34:54 AM

This is going to sound silly, but after deleting the Syscoin icon in Applications I also delete the dmg download.  Then I restart my computer, download the wallet again, start the wallet and once it starts to sync I replace the wallet.dat.  That works for me.  Maybe you could try it.  No harm, right?

So I tried this as well.  Maybe I'm just a noob.  I deleted everything with app cleaner after restarted the computer and redownloaded the wallet.  It says that it is stuck on block 5164.  So I'm still on the old block chain, correct?  How do I make it connect to the new block chain?

There were some fee fixes around then so most clients are running without those fixes but latest clients have the fixes so if you have latest client it has to wait to download from the new clients or it will hang around waiting be ause it cant accept the block(requires a fee when it shouldnt)

I got it!  Thanks for all your help guys.  Much appreciated.
Pages: « 1 ... 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 »
  Print  

Jump to: