Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:42:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MOTO] Motocoin  (Read 178172 times)
willoweb

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 07:46:52 PM

incorrect or no genesis block found. Wrong datadir for network?

then it kicks me out, it doesn't even want to go into an empty wallet anymore...

Kleks Academy
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
██▀                     ▀██
██▀ ███     ▄▄█▀         ▀██
███  ███▄▄██▀             ███
███  ██████▀███▄            ███
███  ███    ▀███▄          ███
██▄ ▀▀▀      ▀███▄       ▄██
██▄            ▀▀███▄▄▄ ▄██
▀██▄▄               ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
      ▄█
     ███▌
 ██▄ ▀█▀
 ▀██▌▄▀▄██
█▄ ▀ █ █▀
▀██▄▐▌  ▄█
▄ ▀▀▐▌ ██▀
 ███ █ ▀ ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀ █  ██▀
  ███▄ █ ▀ ▄█▄
   ▀▀▀▀ ▀▄ ███
     ▄██▄ ▀▄▀
      ▀▀▀▀  ▀▄
THE LEGEND RETURNS!
▀██████▄   TWITTER   ▀▄   INSTAGRAM   ▄▀   DISCORD   ▄█████▀
      █▄
     ▐███
      ▀█▀ ▄██
    ██▄▀▄▐██▀
     ▀█ █ ▀ ▄█
    █▄  ▐▌▄██▀
    ▀██ ▐▌▀▀ ▄
  ▄█▄ ▀ █ ███
  ▀██  █ ▀▀▀
▄█▄ ▀ █ ▄███
███ ▄▀ ▀▀▀▀
 ▀▄▀ ▄██▄
▄▀  ▀▀▀▀
██     ██████████████                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTYDETECTIVE
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 10:21:37 PM

How about developing some services for this coin then people are actually gonna use it.
Perhaps there should be a feature in the game so that players need to spend MOTO's too. To get to a next level or to increase rewards temporarily.
Those coins can then be distributed through POS and a % should go in a fund to reward people that help to promote or do developing tasks.
That could work. At first I was thinking "people could just bypass the spending to play for free" but then I realised that we could make it so that their maps are generated from their transaction. We could make it so that they only get 20 blocks to try to beat the game and then they need to pay again.
domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 06:27:15 AM

How about developing some services for this coin then people are actually gonna use it.
Perhaps there should be a feature in the game so that players need to spend MOTO's too. To get to a next level or to increase rewards temporarily.
Those coins can then be distributed through POS and a % should go in a fund to reward people that help to promote or do developing tasks.
That could work. At first I was thinking "people could just bypass the spending to play for free" but then I realised that we could make it so that their maps are generated from their transaction. We could make it so that they only get 20 blocks to try to beat the game and then they need to pay again.
Yes, that's perfectly possible - a bit like cost for player creation in Huntercoin.  Whether or not it is a good idea, I don't know.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 07:01:11 AM

I say scrap the Motocoin project and come on over to the Huntercoin project.

We have more power together because as of right now both are kind of down.  Might be a good merger Tongue

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 07:01:32 AM

Yes, that's perfectly possible - a bit like cost for player creation in Huntercoin.  Whether or not it is a good idea, I don't know.
I actually really like the idea. It's a bit like gambling. If there isn't any risk involved to losing some of your coins then there seems to be no point to playing. But if there is risk involved, then people keep playing. It gives them an adrenalin rush.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 07:04:33 AM

We have more power together because as of right now both are kind of down.  Might be a good merger Tongue
It would be cool if we merged, only problem is that it takes ages to download your blockchain. (last time I checked)

But we could just get the wallet to download each blockchain separately and basically have 2 wallets in 1.
domob
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 07:05:59 AM

It would be cool if we merged, only problem is that it takes ages to download your blockchain. (last time I checked)

But we could just get the wallet to download each blockchain separately and basically have 2 wallets in 1.

I think there's merit in having both (even though I only use Huntercoin personally).  Moto is actually different in spirit, in HMC's terms Moto is "proof-of-play" while Huntercoin is "human-minable".

Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 07:24:03 AM

I think there's merit in having both (even though I only use Huntercoin personally).  Moto is actually different in spirit, in HMC's terms Moto is "proof-of-play" while Huntercoin is "human-minable".
Huntercoin is still proof-of-play because there is proof that you played the game in the blockchain. But it isn't the only thing keeping the blockchain afloat. (Miners)
domob
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 07:52:58 AM

Huntercoin is still proof-of-play because there is proof that you played the game in the blockchain. But it isn't the only thing keeping the blockchain afloat. (Miners)

Yes, but in HUC, the "proof-of-play" is only used to decide about the coin distribution, not for securing the chain.  This is done purely by PoW (with dual algo).  In Moto, proof-of-play is used for both functions.  In HMC's "proof-of-play" discussion thread, he calls the former "human-minable" and the latter "proof-of-play", which IMHO makes sense.  Not important for here, though. Wink

willoweb

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:41:23 AM

Why don't you SCRAP HUNTERCOIN and come over to MOTOCOIN!

If  HUNTERCOIN is so special then why do you need / feel a desire to merge with MOTOCOIN?
Obviously there is something special about motocoin's devs and this project which you want to use as a hearse to trolly your reprehensible blockchain back from Hades where it belongs!

Kleks Academy
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄▄
▀▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
      ▄█
     ███▌
 ██▄ ▀█▀
 ▀██▌▄▀▄██
█▄ ▀ █ █▀
▀██▄▐▌  ▄█
▄ ▀▀▐▌ ██▀
 ███ █ ▀ ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀ █  ██▀
  ███▄ █ ▀ ▄█▄
   ▀▀▀▀ ▀▄ ███
     ▄██▄ ▀▄▀
      ▀▀▀▀  ▀▄
THE LEGEND RETURNS!
      █▄
     ▐███
      ▀█▀ ▄██
    ██▄▀▄▐██▀
     ▀█ █ ▀ ▄█
    █▄  ▐▌▄██▀
    ▀██ ▐▌▀▀ ▄
  ▄█▄ ▀ █ ███
  ▀██  █ ▀▀▀
▄█▄ ▀ █ ▄███
███ ▄▀ ▀▀▀▀
 ▀▄▀ ▄██▄
▄▀  ▀▀▀▀
██     ██████████████                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTYDETECTIVE
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:33:21 PM

A merge isn't quite possible between these two coins... They are different and serve different purposes, and have different mechanisms. And last time I checked, you needed HUC to enter the game. on MOTO, you can enter without any "fees"
Nyterax

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 01:21:19 PM

What are the current plans?

@Nyterax
BTC: 1McgGk69g82epdnxAdDQfMSXtUygZfL4vZ
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 06:49:25 PM

Barely any buys nor sells this week, it's not going anywhere it seems.

Ofcourse that could change with some new developments. How about some volume on C-Cex. We need more marketmakers.

People don't wanna sell them any lower because the concept of MOTO is original and it can still skyrocket. Others don't wanna buy because there's bots in play and no marketing yet.

Where will it go ...  Shocked 
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2014, 10:54:06 PM

I'm bored so i'm going to try to make some skins. It'll be inspired by Minecraft. (The dirt and the grass)
If this becomes really big next year then we should make a Halloween skin.
HunterMinerCrafter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 11:52:49 PM

Why don't you SCRAP HUNTERCOIN and come over to MOTOCOIN!

If  HUNTERCOIN is so special then why do you need / feel a desire to merge with MOTOCOIN?
Obviously there is something special about motocoin's devs and this project which you want to use as a hearse to trolly your reprehensible blockchain back from Hades where it belongs!

There's no reason to take this sort of tone against HUC.  Don't forget that my name was in the HUC commit log before MOTO launched, so I am technically a dev for both!   Wink

I'm very happy to see BAC and Domob in our thread, please don't scare them off.  There are obvious reasons for "alignment" between HUC and MOTO (though a "merger" is probably not the right approach to it) and I don't want to foster some false notion of competition between the two communities.  We'll all be better off by focusing on working together, not at odds.
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 12:10:57 AM

Barely any buys nor sells this week, it's not going anywhere it seems.

The number of coins that have come-and-gone in MOTO's time on c-cex is astounding.  We are now one of the oldest coins left there.

Ofcourse that could change with some new developments.

I have a few nearly-releasable patches that I've been holding back.  I have one really "cool" feature that I've been dying to find time to finish.  I'll try to get both of these things sorted over the next couple of weeks.

My block explorer will be back up within 24hrs.  (Sorry about that, I've been so busy that I didn't even notice the VPS issue.)

Other developers making contributions would be a very welcomed change, as I've said before.

How about some volume on C-Cex. We need more marketmakers.

What we need is (still) more miners.  Any other need is secondary to this.

People don't wanna sell them any lower because the concept of MOTO is original and it can still skyrocket.

Yup.  With two "stalled" runs up in the historical chart no-one wants to be the guy to miss the third.

Others don't wanna buy because there's bots in play and no marketing yet.

Yup.  With no vendor adoption or other incentive to buy the only upward pressure is speculative investments.  Again, this is a problem predicated by lack of miners - no vendor is going to want to transact in a coin that is pretty much just centrally mined regardless of how altruistic that mining appears to be.

Where will it go ...  Shocked 

Hard to say.  I don't think it is going away, or it would've already.  I also don't think it is going to the top of the market cap lists any time soon, at least not until mining is more distributed at least.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 07:44:03 AM

I'm bored so i'm going to try to make some skins. It'll be inspired by Minecraft. (The dirt and the grass)
If this becomes really big next year then we should make a Halloween skin.
Ok guys, I'm going to put it on a Github repo. (is this a good idea?)
It'll be here:
https://www.github.com/e1ghtSpace/MotoSkins
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 09:15:17 AM

Yes, but I'd suggest just using a fork of motocoin-dev to ease merging your contributions back upstream.  Not a big deal if you don't, though.

Exciting, I'm looking forward to it!  I'll set up a hotkey and config entry to select them.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 09:47:13 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2014, 11:08:41 AM by e1ghtSpace

Yes, but I'd suggest just using a fork of motocoin-dev to ease merging your contributions back upstream.  Not a big deal if you don't, though.
Okay. How do I do that? (I'm new to GitHub)
Do I need to make a folder in /src /src/game called skins and then have folders in there with the names of the skins and the images in them? (I'll have a folder called default with the original images in it)

Then do I need to do a pull request?

Edits in bold
willoweb

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 04:19:57 PM

all my MOTO finally showing in my wallet
aaah, I feel so glorious now!
wonderful!
i had duplicate copies of motocoin directory, deleted the .dat in the datadir directory then replaced it with  my willywonkawallet.dat renamed to wallet.dat
and deleted the duplicate dir. prob solved.

Finally can see my precious motos again! haha!
I feel sooo ogood now !LOLZ!
SO!
i would love to fix the graphics lols
if someone will hold my hand in this process I would really appreciate it.
I am a very good artist with impeccable taste in aesthetics and other eye-candy frivolities Sad)

Kleks Academy
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄▄
▀▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
      ▄█
     ███▌
 ██▄ ▀█▀
 ▀██▌▄▀▄██
█▄ ▀ █ █▀
▀██▄▐▌  ▄█
▄ ▀▀▐▌ ██▀
 ███ █ ▀ ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀ █  ██▀
  ███▄ █ ▀ ▄█▄
   ▀▀▀▀ ▀▄ ███
     ▄██▄ ▀▄▀
      ▀▀▀▀  ▀▄
THE LEGEND RETURNS!
      █▄
     ▐███
      ▀█▀ ▄██
    ██▄▀▄▐██▀
     ▀█ █ ▀ ▄█
    █▄  ▐▌▄██▀
    ▀██ ▐▌▀▀ ▄
  ▄█▄ ▀ █ ███
  ▀██  █ ▀▀▀
▄█▄ ▀ █ ▄███
███ ▄▀ ▀▀▀▀
 ▀▄▀ ▄██▄
▄▀  ▀▀▀▀
►►  Powered by
BOUNTYDETECTIVE
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: