Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:03:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MOTO] Motocoin  (Read 178167 times)
Gargo

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 09:42:39 PM

I don't understand what you try to say too. Please advertise elsewhere.
It seems the only difference from "proof-of-play" of MOTO is mined HYPER coin count is not proportional to the count of miners/players.
Proof of Play in MOTO is specific form of proof-of-work which human can perform (almost?) as good as program. It's used to secure network (in practice no everything is so rosy now, but anyway). And there is space to AI improvements and research. Motocoin is indeed interesting and original concept for crypto and maybe it's only the first of future experimental family of the cryptocurrencies.
almost? It is full of bots for months. And there are so much space for improvements that the last update was on 24 may

Bots are part of the history, just like ASIC's are part of Bitcoin history. And also, the dev isn't omnipresent, nor does he have 8 arms.
the developer has already leaved this project))

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2014, 10:05:49 PM

It seems the only difference from "proof-of-play" of MOTO is mined HYPER coin count is not proportional to the count of miners/players.
Proof of Play in MOTO is specific form of proof-of-work which human can perform (almost?) as good as program. It's used to secure network (in practice no everything is so rosy now, but anyway). And there is space to AI improvements and research. Motocoin is indeed interesting and original concept for crypto and maybe it's only the first of future experimental family of the cryptocurrencies.
almost? It is full of bots for months. And there are so much space for improvements that the last update was on 24 may

Bots are part of the history, just like ASIC's are part of Bitcoin history. And also, the dev isn't omnipresent, nor does he have 8 arms.
Only the first developer has (seemingly) left. WilliamLie. But HMC is still here.
I still think that the only way we are going to get the players we need is by doing a relaunch.
Does anyone agree with me?

What if we do a relaunch, except that we have a premine and then after the first block in the new version, we send every address that has motocoin in this version the same amount. All we need to do is transfer our wallet.dat over to the new version's %appdata% folder. Exactly like Clams (the coin).
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:22:58 PM

No announcement regarding the dev leaving so far, AFAIK, any proof to backup your claim?
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:00:29 AM

What's up guys. Is there any interest to develop this coin further upon? So far this thread is mostly about the technical side of things but never to create purpose for spending, adoption, adding it to coinservices, games, chartingsites, tipbots etc. So much things possible.
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:27:17 PM

What's up guys. Is there any interest to develop this coin further upon? So far this thread is mostly about the technical side of things but never to create purpose for spending, adoption, adding it to coinservices, games, chartingsites, tipbots etc. So much things possible.

There is interest Smiley I think we must perfect the technical side before thinking further...
BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:06:38 PM

There is interest Smiley I think we must perfect the technical side before thinking further...

Doesn't seem anything happens, dev's seem to have chosen to keep it how it is. If it stays this way traders will have no more interest to buy it and MOTO will face delisting from C-Cex.

Every coin has the same procedures. Dev's mostly take on the technical side, some community members need to be active in developing in the field and give the coin more purpose. The passive coinholders need to support them when needed with votes on exchanges and services and donations if needed. If there is no IPO, premine or developing funds then community has to step up. Ofcourse it's hard to promote a coin that is either broken or can't be used by everyone who likes to mine it.
gatra

Activity: 583
Merit: 505

CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 07:50:13 PM

did you know you were featured here? http://bitcoinmagazine.com/18306/cryptocurrencies-in-video-games-preview-roundup/

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄██
██████████████████▄▄
     ▄█
█████▀████████████▀██████▄
   ▄█
█████████████████████████████▄
  ▄█
█████████▄█▀▀██████████████████▄
 ▄█
███████████▀██████▄▄█████▄███████▄
▄█
██████████▀██▄▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄
█████████████▀▀██▀████████▀▀████████
█████████████▄█▀████████████████████
████████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀██████████████████
▀█
██████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀███████████████████▀
 ▀█
███████▄████▄▄███████████████████▀
  ▀█
███████████████████████████████▀
   ▀█
█████████████████████████████▀
     ▀█
█████▄████████████▄██████▀
       ▀▀██
██████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀
riecoin       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄██▀▀         ▀▀██▄
  ▄██▀              ▀██▄
 ▄██     ██▄▄          ██▄
▄██      █████▄▄        ██▄
██       ████████▄▄      ██
██       ███████████▄    ██
██       ██████████▀     ██
▀██      ███████▀       ██▀
 ▀██     ████▀         ██▀
  ▀██▄   █▀          ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄         ▄▄██▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
.flixxo   
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 08:19:27 PM

Very wonderful article.

Great job.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 08:23:52 PM

Awesome! I wonder if it will bring more players.

I seriously think we NEED to do a relaunch otherwise no one will play. No one is playing right now because no one is playing right now. IMO we are never going to get out of this hole.
BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 08:27:23 PM

Maybe there's still hope  Smiley

".... but the developers promise continued improvements. The most important one upcoming is designed to detect bots, which are currently skewing the difficulty to an inhuman level."
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2014, 09:36:48 PM

Maybe there's still hope  Smiley

".... but the developers promise continued improvements. The most important one upcoming is designed to detect bots, which are currently skewing the difficulty to an inhuman level."
Um, didn't we already fix the bots so now the difficulty can be mined by a human?
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2014, 09:55:23 PM

Um, didn't we already fix the bots so now the difficulty can be mined by a human?

Yes, the devs took pretty nice measures to correct that Smiley
willoweb

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 06:03:15 AM
Last edit: November 22, 2014, 06:15:45 AM by willoweb

The next phase of this project I think rests on a supportive community willing to contribute.
I for one will be creating in the next 3-4 months a new sprite and as to the skins etc. to make it more alluring,
but I think the game should be 'apped' for smartphones, and the wallet as well.
Just not sure what format the frames for the sprite will be, perhaps a dev should PM me about that, since it won't be one using physics to move parts of the sprite, it will just be a series of images looped to appear as a jester in colourful cloths cycling, however I notice there is some physics involved in the front wheel of the cycle...
if someone can get back to me on this as I'm not sure how to actually implement my frame by frame sprite loop so it is compatible with the way the game's sprite is created?

If my graphics were to be appreciated and implemented I would redesign the website for a more public-friendly, alluring tone that attracts players.

For instance having the surfaces have say, wafting manga style grassblades while a jester with curly toed shoes and colourful clothes cycles around on a classic wood cycle looking for his missing cat, with different background, (moonlight, dusk, sunset, etc.) for different levels could really make this game enjoyable as a phone app...
But I mean some consensus would have to be reached about the implementation of new graphics and some type of storyline...
But I will be creating the graphics sometime the next few months, still have to figure out exactly how you'd want the skins, not sure how those work, but will do backgrounds as well, apart from the fact that you know wel, the surface area that is ridden upon, could have 2d cut outs stuck to it for depth of background, like say bushes, or trees, grasses, poles, etc. whatever... depending on the background scene and so on. I just think the game needs colour and character, its obviously got one helluva backbone Smiley
so I keep on ranting and promising to deliver a new sprite and colourful backgrounds and skins, mmm. A few more months and it can be decided if my wonky creations are worthy of implementation Smiley

Kleks Academy
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀               ▀▀██▄
██▀                     ▀██
██▀ ███     ▄▄█▀         ▀██
███  ███▄▄██▀             ███
███  ██████▀███▄            ███
███  ███    ▀███▄          ███
██▄ ▀▀▀      ▀███▄       ▄██
██▄            ▀▀███▄▄▄ ▄██
▀██▄▄               ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
      ▄█
     ███▌
 ██▄ ▀█▀
 ▀██▌▄▀▄██
█▄ ▀ █ █▀
▀██▄▐▌  ▄█
▄ ▀▀▐▌ ██▀
 ███ █ ▀ ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀ █  ██▀
  ███▄ █ ▀ ▄█▄
   ▀▀▀▀ ▀▄ ███
     ▄██▄ ▀▄▀
      ▀▀▀▀  ▀▄
THE LEGEND RETURNS!
▀██████▄   TWITTER   ▀▄   INSTAGRAM   ▄▀   DISCORD   ▄█████▀
      █▄
     ▐███
      ▀█▀ ▄██
    ██▄▀▄▐██▀
     ▀█ █ ▀ ▄█
    █▄  ▐▌▄██▀
    ▀██ ▐▌▀▀ ▄
  ▄█▄ ▀ █ ███
  ▀██  █ ▀▀▀
▄█▄ ▀ █ ▄███
███ ▄▀ ▀▀▀▀
 ▀▄▀ ▄██▄
▄▀  ▀▀▀▀
██     ██████████████                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTYDETECTIVE
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:33:57 PM

The next phase of this project I think rests on a supportive community willing to contribute.
I for one will be creating in the next 3-4 months a new sprite and as to the skins etc. to make it more alluring,
Just not sure what format the frames for the sprite will be, perhaps a dev should PM me about that, since it won't be one using physics to move parts of the sprite, it will just be a series of images looped to appear as a jester in colourful cloths cycling, however I notice there is some physics involved in the front wheel of the cycle...
if someone can get back to me on this as I'm not sure how to actually implement my frame by frame sprite loop so it is compatible with the way the game's sprite is created?

If my graphics were to be appreciated and implemented I would redesign the website for a more public-friendly, alluring tone that attracts players.

For instance having the surfaces have say, wafting manga style grassblades while a jester with curly toed shoes and colourful clothes cycles around on a classic wood cycle looking for his missing cat, with different background, (moonlight, dusk, sunset, etc.) for different levels could really make this game enjoyable as a phone app...
But I mean some consensus would have to be reached about the implementation of new graphics and some type of storyline...
But I will be creating the graphics sometime the next few months, still have to figure out exactly how you'd want the skins, not sure how those work, but will do backgrounds as well, apart from the fact that you know wel, the surface area that is ridden upon, could have 2d cut outs stuck to it for depth of background, like say bushes, or trees, grasses, poles, etc. whatever... depending on the background scene and so on. I just think the game needs colour and character, its obviously got one helluva backbone Smiley
so I keep on ranting and promising to deliver a new sprite and colourful backgrounds and skins, mmm. A few more months and it can be decided if my wonky creations are worthy of implementation Smiley

Sounds good Smiley
Spiky

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 07:59:23 AM

I may be wrong but I think there is some kind of synchronization issue after September's patch. Every now and then my wallet shows one block number and c-cex shows another (often less than mine).

Sometimes my client doesn't receive any block for 20 minutes but when I restart it, they arrive.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 08:02:17 AM

Do you think we should relaunch with this new skin? It'd definitely get more players trying the game out. Maybe it could be called Playcoin.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 10:53:01 AM

Yes, the devs took pretty nice measures to correct that Smiley
Then why did they write that in their article? Ah well, its not the end of the world. Smiley
unamis76
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 12:40:51 PM

I may be wrong but I think there is some kind of synchronization issue after September's patch. Every now and then my wallet shows one block number and c-cex shows another (often less than mine).

Sometimes my client doesn't receive any block for 20 minutes but when I restart it, they arrive.

No problems here, maybe something with your firewall or connection?
sparkster

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 11:53:46 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2014, 12:09:02 PM by sparkster

Then why did they write that in their article? Ah well, its not the end of the world. Smiley
They were wrong about it. No big deal, generally the article has correct and benevolent description of MOTO, they still did good work for researching it. And we extremely need publicity.

The problem now is not the "inhuman" difficulty, but very low price, partially due exclusive bot whose owner has millions of MOTO. None has a incentive to mine. Last time I tried I got block about every 5-10 minutes. I guess about 10 people (who will mine at the same time) can overdone the bot. But human mining is not profitable, that's it.

As long as there is still no open-source bot, relaunch is useless. It's useless anyway, bot owner has right to do what he/she do.

Anybody know what HunterMinerCrafter is doing for now? He still interested in MOTO?
Spiky

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 01:42:24 PM

Don't forget that about two months ago bot owner dumped all his coins and the price was still rather high after that, but nobody played anyway. And the only reason is that we have only one and very small exchange - c-cex (I would even say "toy exchange"). But moto really needs some normal exchange.

I think we should temporary forget about vulnerability, hashrate distribution etc. and bring moto to bittrex or something similar cause we've got nothing to lose now anyway. Maybe they will agree to add moto if we pay them some btc (I can spare a bit of course). If I remember correctly, they have already offered to add moto for 1 btc. Then I believe price will go up, everybody will start to mine and everything will be ok.

Maybe HunterMinerCrafter can do us a favor and ask them again and I think we will collect required btc easily.
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: