Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:30:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MOTO] Motocoin  (Read 178167 times)
coinking
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:19:59 PM

let's give it up for the super active dev! This guy should be applauded, well done good sir. Now, on a side note I will have some ideas for game improvement if you'd be interested in hearing... once I actually get to play it Smiley

.TeleX  AI.
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
▀████████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Store
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀█████
████████████░░░░░█████
███████▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀██████
███████░░░░░██▄▄▄▄▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄██░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░██████▀███████
████████████▀░░░░░░░▀█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░▄█████
████████▀████████▄██████
█████▀░░░░░░░▀████████
████▄░░░░░░░░░██████
▀████▄███████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Send/Receive
▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████████▄
▄████░███████████▄
██████░███░█████████
███████░███░██████████
███████░░░██░███████░███
████████░░░█░░░██░███░████
████████░░░█░░░██░███░████
█████░██░░░██░██░░░█░░░███
█████░██░░░██░███░██░░░███
█████░██░░░██░███░██░░░███
███░░░██░███████░███░███
██░░░██░███████░██████
█░░░████████████████
░░░██████████████▀
▀████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀
Trade

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HunterMinerCrafter

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:59:45 PM

let's give it up for the super active dev! This guy should be applauded, well done good sir. Now, on a side note I will have some ideas for game improvement if you'd be interested in hearing... once I actually get to play it Smiley

I'm collecting notes on ideas, so please feel encouraged to post or pm with suggestions for improvements!
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:09:17 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 07:22:17 PM by HunterMinerCrafter

What in particular is conflicting?  I'm away from my pc for 1-2 hours or so but when I'm back I can pull from motocoin-dev/motocoin and try a merge across.

Did a very quick merge on laptop with cellphone.  Can't build/test until later, but it is pushed.

It builds and seems to test out ok.  I'll leave the new build running in testmode for a bit but I wouldn't expect any problems, resolving the conflicts was a fairly trivial process so I expect the merge to be fine.  We're past block 95k now, so I think we either need to start heading toward an official release build or make the call to push the fork out to a later block.  WilliamLie2, it is your call!

I was really hoping to hear from DeepCryptoAnalist3 on his thoughts about the fix before it came time to launch.  I sent a PM a few days ago, but have heard nothing back.

If anyone else sees anything potentially problematic with the changes, now would be the time to speak up!
WilliamLie2 (OP)

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:45:59 PM

What in particular is conflicting?  I'm away from my pc for 1-2 hours or so but when I'm back I can pull from motocoin-dev/motocoin and try a merge across.

Did a very quick merge on laptop with cellphone.  Can't build/test until later, but it is pushed.

It builds and seems to test out ok.  I'll leave the new build running in testmode for a bit but I wouldn't expect any problems, resolving the conflicts was a fairly trivial process so I expect the merge to be fine.  We're past block 95k now, so I think we either need to start heading toward an official release build or make the call to push the fork out to a later block.  WilliamLie2, it is your call!

I was really hoping to hear from DeepCryptoAnalist3 on his thoughts about the fix before it came time to launch.  I sent a PM a few days ago, but have heard nothing back.

If anyone else sees anything potentially problematic with the changes, now would be the time to speak up!
We need to give some time to other botters to update their bots, you probably already have bot for new version.
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 07:58:27 PM

What in particular is conflicting?  I'm away from my pc for 1-2 hours or so but when I'm back I can pull from motocoin-dev/motocoin and try a merge across.

Did a very quick merge on laptop with cellphone.  Can't build/test until later, but it is pushed.

It builds and seems to test out ok.  I'll leave the new build running in testmode for a bit but I wouldn't expect any problems, resolving the conflicts was a fairly trivial process so I expect the merge to be fine.  We're past block 95k now, so I think we either need to start heading toward an official release build or make the call to push the fork out to a later block.  WilliamLie2, it is your call!

I was really hoping to hear from DeepCryptoAnalist3 on his thoughts about the fix before it came time to launch.  I sent a PM a few days ago, but have heard nothing back.

We need to give some time to other botters to update their bots, you probably already have bot for new version.

HEH, actually I've been far too busy with dayjob work and getting these patches polished to update my own bots yet..  Minim1ner's bot is trivially upgraded (I already made the necessary changes to his map filters in the reference client, they should just "drop in") and I expect it would be almost as trivial for the others to upgrade their code.  (I know one other bot miner is already upgraded.)

I think as long as we're comfortable that we'll get official builds out in time, 100k is still a reasonable block to go with.  However, like I said it is entirely your call; throw out a different number if you think more lead time is necessary!

EDIT: Also I assume that once the network has a couple of rounds behind it with the new code more bots will start to be released publicly, and the current set of bot miners will represent a smaller chunk of the hashing strength.  I'm not sure if, or how, this would play into your decision, but I figured that it should be mentioned.

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 10:13:26 PM

Damn, my graphics card stopped working and now the framereate is crap for motocoin. I hope chainging igpu to have 1gb of memory helps.
I hope I can still play properly when this patch arrives.

Will the time be reset back to 60 or will it continue going down from whatever we are at right now?
Thanks guys.
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:57:25 PM

Damn, my graphics card stopped working and now the framereate is crap for motocoin. I hope chainging igpu to have 1gb of memory helps.

Will the time be reset back to 60 or will it continue going down from whatever we are at right now?
Thanks guys.

The TT will not be reset by my patch.
WilliamLie2 (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:02:29 PM

I think as long as we're comfortable that we'll get official builds out in time, 100k is still a reasonable block to go with.  However, like I said it is entirely your call; throw out a different number if you think more lead time is necessary!

EDIT: Also I assume that once the network has a couple of rounds behind it with the new code more bots will start to be released publicly, and the current set of bot miners will represent a smaller chunk of the hashing strength.  I'm not sure if, or how, this would play into your decision, but I figured that it should be mentioned.
I'm going to sleep now. If until tomorrow no one will have any objections against these patches I will make a build tomorrow.

Thanks guys.
This patch just fixes one potential theoretical vulnerability, it will not make Motocoin human mineable again.
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:44:00 PM

I'm going to sleep now. If until tomorrow no one will have any objections against these patches I will make a build tomorrow.

Over 3/4 of the way through those 10k blocks.  All of my testing so far has turned up positive, although I am seeing a slightly increased stale rate from bots on testnet.  I'm not sure why this is just yet, but from what I can tell it shouldn't be anything that impacts users.  The little bit of feedback I've gotten has been positive, but still not a word from DeepCryptoAnalist3 who originally devised the attack.  DeepCrypto if you're out there somewhere, speak up!

Thanks guys.
This patch just fixes one potential theoretical vulnerability, it will not make Motocoin human mineable again.

Yes, it only increases human mining margin by a very small (practically unnoticeable) amount.  In theory, if the anti-warp ever does kick on it would add more human margin since humans will generally do far less map iterations.

Once everything is sorted out with the difficulty warp, we can move straight onto implementing something like the "N heads" concept, or similar, which will do quite a bit more for the humans.

Another notion that I've been mulling over is the idea of allowing participants to "purchase extra lives" for use in their mining.  Basically, a user could burn some number of coins in a special transaction and receive an allocation of extra lives.  Then in proof checking, if the bike rider hits his head but a coinbase address for the block has some extra life the rider will not be put into a dead state, but the allocated lives will be decremented instead and the head would just "bounce" off of the ground.  I'm not sure if this would be utilized by people, considering that on the one hand rewind more or less accomplishes the same thing and only costs time, but on the other hand wall clock time for solution finding is in very short supply.  On the gripping hand, this approach might also just give even more advantage to bot operators, who could likely afford to buy a lot of extra lives and would probably do just about anything they can to increase solution space relative to search space!

It will probably take some combination of changes to make human mining feasible again, but we will accomplish it one way or another.  The only reason we haven't really been working toward this so far is the existence of the warp attack - priorities.

There are also some things that can be done "off chain" to help out the humans.  For example, I've been increasingly interested in exploring the idea of "cyborg mining" where a human and a bot work together to find solutions.  Bots easily get stuck wasting time in particular map layout scenarios where a human can trivially overcome the obstacles tripping the bot up.  Right now I handle this with an option to enable visualization on my bots, and can manually trigger a particular bot search thread to ditch the map it is currently "stuck" on when I see that it is stuck in one of these scenarios.  (This is the "metagame in the meantime" that I referred to previously.  Maybe I'll make a video of this in action to better illustrate what I'm talking about.)  When actively nudging my bots around like this I can increase their productivity by almost double when I'm intently focused.  I imagine that a more complete cyborg mining setup could detect when the bot was stuck, and present the game state to the operator to manually traverse the obstacle, who could then hit some key to pass the game state back to the bot to complete the rest of the proof.  Such a setup would likely blow both bots and humans out of the water, at least for awhile... probably until the third wave of bots start to come into the picture.

HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 12:46:11 PM

Another coin claiming "human mining" when what they really mean is just a giveaway from their (massive) premine stash...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=578963.0

The fact that human mining has become enough of a buzzword that scam-coins (and even some confused nonscam coins?) are latching onto it left and right is a very positive sign for the human mining concept!
WilliamLie2 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:09:16 PM

Once everything is sorted out with the difficulty warp, we can move straight onto implementing something like the "N heads" concept, or similar, which will do quite a bit more for the humans.
Even if it will work (I'm very dubious about it) it won't help humans much.

Code:
extern enum _g_Filter
{
  FILTER_NONE,
  FILTER_BASIC,
  FILTER_DOUBLE,

FILTER_COUNT
} g_Filter;
Why didn't you put this definition into header if it is used in multiple files? Why enum name is different in different files and how gcc was even able to compile it? I fixed it .
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 05:50:40 PM

Why do you say that?  With sufficiently large value of N it becomes trivial to collect coins.  I think even giving humans just four times as much time would make a drastic difference. 

Also, what do you think would not work about it?

Code:
extern enum _g_Filter
{
  FILTER_NONE,
  FILTER_BASIC,
  FILTER_DOUBLE,

FILTER_COUNT
} g_Filter;
Why didn't you put this definition into header if it is used in multiple files? Why enum name is different in different files and how gcc was even able to compile it? I fixed it .

There's no reason gcc wouldn't have compiled that, is there?  The duplication was not intentional, it just kind of worked out that way while I was testing something and I forgot to revert it.

otherwise are we good to go ?
WilliamLie2 (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 06:13:18 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2014, 06:39:24 PM by WilliamLie2

Why do you say that?  With sufficiently large value of N it becomes trivial to collect coins.  I think even giving humans just four times as much time would make a drastic difference.  

I think we discussed N-heads quite a lot but no one have convinced the other.
Can you manually complete a map in 9.35 seconds in 4 minutes?

I changed hardfork to block 104000. I'm compiling it right now, thanks to your updates from ltc I will need to rebuild dependencies, this will take some time.

EDIT: gitian gives me some strange error
Code:
./bin/gbuild:21:in `system!': failed to run copy-to-target  inputs/motocoin build/ (RuntimeError)
        from ./bin/gbuild:108:in `block (2 levels) in build_one_configuration'
        from ./bin/gbuild:106:in `each'
        from ./bin/gbuild:106:in `block in build_one_configuration'
        from ./bin/gbuild:94:in `open'
        from ./bin/gbuild:94:in `build_one_configuration'
        from ./bin/gbuild:233:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
        from ./bin/gbuild:228:in `each'
        from ./bin/gbuild:228:in `block in <main>'
        from ./bin/gbuild:226:in `each'
        from ./bin/gbuild:226:in `<main>'
Dunno what to do
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:30:55 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2014, 10:26:02 PM by HunterMinerCrafter

Why do you say that?  With sufficiently large value of N it becomes trivial to collect coins.  I think even giving humans just four times as much time would make a drastic difference.  

I changed hardfork to block 104000. I'm compiling it right now, thanks to your updates from ltc I will need to rebuild dependencies, this will take some time.

EDIT: gitian gives me some strange error
Code:
./bin/gbuild:21:in `system!': failed to run copy-to-target  inputs/motocoin build/ (RuntimeError)
        from ./bin/gbuild:108:in `block (2 levels) in build_one_configuration'
        from ./bin/gbuild:106:in `each'
        from ./bin/gbuild:106:in `block in build_one_configuration'
        from ./bin/gbuild:94:in `open'
        from ./bin/gbuild:94:in `build_one_configuration'
        from ./bin/gbuild:233:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
        from ./bin/gbuild:228:in `each'
        from ./bin/gbuild:228:in `block in <main>'
        from ./bin/gbuild:226:in `each'
        from ./bin/gbuild:226:in `<main>'
Dunno what to do

Does the rest build if you revert the updates patch?  

Edit: you will need to either upgrade your gitian to match the new version in the files, revert the gitian version change in the patch and just do the newer openssl, or revert the ltc merge commit entirely, I suspect.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 10:03:43 PM

Another coin claiming "human mining" when what they really mean is just a giveaway from their (massive) premine stash...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=578963.0

The fact that human mining has become enough of a buzzword that scam-coins (and even some confused nonscam coins?) are latching onto it left and right is a very positive sign for the human mining concept!
True. I have been involved with this coin a little bit, I have ~3000.
Do you guys think they'll listen to me if I tell them to take that out of the ANN?

They say "part POW part human mining" but it really is just full POW with half of the coins given away slowly.
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:32:17 AM

No, but I am not a very good exemplar.  It takes me something like 20-30 minutes to complete a map in forfun mode at all, and a lot of that time is often spent repeatedly running out of time even at 60 seconds!  I don't think I've ever human mined a motocoin at all.  I've always been bad at bmx/moto games for some reason.
WilliamLie2 (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:05:40 AM

No, but I am not a very good exemplar.  It takes me something like 20-30 minutes to complete a map in forfun mode at all, and a lot of that time is often spent repeatedly running out of time even at 60 seconds!  I don't think I've ever human mined a motocoin at all.  I've always been bad at bmx/moto games for some reason.
I think that no human will be able to find and solve map in 9.35 or even faster.
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:21:21 AM

I think that no human will be able to find and solve map in 9.35 or even faster.

Apparently I've gotten a little better.  I timed a few runs in forfun and my best time was down to about 5 minutes on 60 second TT!  (not counting ~20 seconds of map filter run to make a particularly easy map.)

How long do you think it would take for a skilled player to finish a 9.35 TT run?  We can arbitrarily make N as large as we like, as long as miners agree to adopt the change.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 04:12:54 AM

Remember when this was called "Proof of Thought"?
Fun times. Smiley
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:14:19 AM

Remember when this was called "Proof of Thought"?
Fun times. Smiley

I dunno it has had me thinking pretty hard lately
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: