Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:39:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 408 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BlackCoin (BC/BLK) | PoS | BlackHalo | Smart Contracts | Anonymous  (Read 609539 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:25:11 PM

If someone missed from reddit.
BlackNode:

"
[]drunkonsound[S ] 2 punkty 1 dzień temu*

We will build out BlackNode and try to get a few nodes running it and start with a fork of the blackcoin core client. If it works well we will talk with Pavel and see how he feels about implementing it in the core.

We think being able to send money to users based on their email address using a federated and decentralized system will make using blackcoins much easier for the average user and hopefully increase adoption. This technology will be open source and hopefully will benefit cryptocurrencies as a whole too.

We are also working on plans to build out a system that would also make it easier to safely store backups using multi-signatures on these decentralized systems which would also make using crypto currency safer for average users. In the event they lose their wallet they would be able to recover a copy from a BlackNode. The idea being they could store backups signed by multiple close friends or family and they could request those trusted people to help recover their lost private keys from the BlackNodes. This would be worked on later though, our primary focus first will be resolving to easy to remember addresses.

We hope these together can make a low energy and quick transaction cryptocurrency like Blackcoin ready for a wider audience."

Starting to be interesting.
I am looking forward for it.

This is already implemented in Halo. The email system is built in we can just email them coins.
lexusivan888

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:34:31 PM

not until the coins at IE's hand were dupmed,, can we expect a rocket!
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 05:28:39 PM

Finally buy volume instead of just that bot buying. (Which I must thank the last 5 days haha)

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
Subtuppel

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:13:49 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 08:22:14 PM by Subtuppel

Finally buy volume instead of just that bot buying. (Which I must thank the last 5 days haha)
Yeah bad thing is that they drive the price down though, probably on intentional loss. No other way to explain these strange sell orders 500+ below the next order.

yourstruly

Activity: 308

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 07:44:17 PM

If someone missed from reddit.
BlackNode:

"
[]drunkonsound[S ] 2 punkty 1 dzień temu*

We will build out BlackNode and try to get a few nodes running it and start with a fork of the blackcoin core client. If it works well we will talk with Pavel and see how he feels about implementing it in the core.

We think being able to send money to users based on their email address using a federated and decentralized system will make using blackcoins much easier for the average user and hopefully increase adoption. This technology will be open source and hopefully will benefit cryptocurrencies as a whole too.

We are also working on plans to build out a system that would also make it easier to safely store backups using multi-signatures on these decentralized systems which would also make using crypto currency safer for average users. In the event they lose their wallet they would be able to recover a copy from a BlackNode. The idea being they could store backups signed by multiple close friends or family and they could request those trusted people to help recover their lost private keys from the BlackNodes. This would be worked on later though, our primary focus first will be resolving to easy to remember addresses.

We hope these together can make a low energy and quick transaction cryptocurrency like Blackcoin ready for a wider audience."

Starting to be interesting.
I am looking forward for it.

This is already implemented in Halo. The email system is built in we can just email them coins.

This is great it already exist but tackling the problem from a different direction is not bad either. All the different developers working on solutions to help increase adoption will increase the chance of our success.

We have the nodes, we have the transaction numbers, we have the strong mining pool and I agree we could use better PR. But for now miners on the pool are picking up cheap coins and we are innovating.

Excoin - Innovative Cryptocurrency Exchange - https://exco.in
Subtuppel

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:15:59 PM

But for now miners on the pool are picking up cheap coins and we are innovating.
not just the miners on the pools - i do not own a rig but i keep picking up some k cheap BC every now and then on the exchanges Smiley

thanks for your work with blackwavelabs by the way, really looking forward to all the stuff you have in the pipeline!

virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 08:20:26 PM

Yeah bad thing is that they drive the price down though, probably on intentional loss. No other way ro explain these strange sell orders 500+ below the next order.

Yea... was wondering if they were reselling. Hard to say though.

Possibly slow reversal now. Hope for 20K today. That would be nice. Smiley

yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 08:24:40 PM

But for now miners on the pool are picking up cheap coins and we are innovating.
not just the miners on the pools - i do not own a rig but i keep picking up some k cheap BC every now and then on the exchanges Smiley

thanks for your work with blackwavelabs by the way, really looking forward to all the stuff you have in the pipeline!

I'm more part time working with Blackwave Labs, it is one of my best friends Xian who is really taking on that project and pulling in more of our friends to work on it.

I have been and am still working on a Blackcoin centric exchange which will remain outside the scope of Blackwave Labs. I will be releasing details soon.

I did help put together BcBit as it uses a library I have been working on and I will providing my assistance where I can but my main project is the exchange and its continued development.

blade87

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:09:11 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 04:09:55 AM by blade87

I am looking to sell a HD 7870 GPU via BlackHalo Contract!

http://www.reddit.com/r/blackcoin/comments/2a3ps6/looking_to_sell_hd_7870_via_blackhalo_contact/
alison03

Activity: 294

★Trash&Burn [TBC/TXB]★

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:59:17 AM

Soepkip just posted on Reddit a Youtube video on how to do contracts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS56CqCR-oU&feature=youtu.be

Also an article mentioning BlackHalo on moneyandtech.com

http://moneyandtech.com/July-7-news-update/
virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 04:53:03 AM

Someone buying 6000 10 minutes ago is the most exciting thing all day! Oh other then the continuing Black Halo news of course.  Tongue

XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 05:46:30 AM

Someone buying 6000 10 minutes ago is the most exciting thing all day! Oh other then the continuing Black Halo news of course.  Tongue
Next stage is REAL usage eg. CD key selling p2p.

1. I want buy CD key
2. Joe wont sell me key

CD key is worth 50 BC

Me and john are putting 60BC in Halo prtocol escrow.

Now i can't cheat because i will loose 60BC and John to because he will lose 60BC too.
System that DETER scamers in crypto.

Then emergency eg. CD key can not be used on my region what now ?
I talk to Joe that he need find another buys from different part of world and sell product.
In this system no one want cheat becouse both sides will lose...
This system is not perfect but more secure than any p2p trade.
Seamer will always loose too.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 06:44:39 AM

Next stage is REAL usage eg. CD key selling p2p.

1. I want buy CD key
2. Joe wont sell me key

CD key is worth 50 BC

Me and john are putting 60BC in Halo prtocol escrow.

Now i can't cheat because i will loose 60BC and John to because he will lose 60BC too.
System that DETER scamers in crypto.

Then emergency eg. CD key can not be used on my region what now ?
I talk to Joe that he need find another buys from different part of world and sell product.
In this system no one want cheat becouse both sides will lose...
This system is not perfect but more secure than any p2p trade.
Seamer will always loose too.

I haven't had a chance to try out the beta. So can you send CD keys that are only unveiled after payment?

Is there time to test the CD key before sending payment?

XbladeX
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:09:49 AM

You say make sense. but my point is not trolling. i love bc. bc devs will probably know pr problem...pos2.0 is very awesome blackhalo too.
but it has no news..we need news. that`s all

Look from wide perspective at whole market today.

here we have a lot scams and some exchanges even helped with that...i mean Mintpal.
Stealth add (i think insiders there were buying coins and selling on Mintpal not all owners but some for sure)
So Mintpal added in STEALTH WC AC SC and much more scams... Allways same trend follow BC train and those
who were buying those coins were scammed.Volume goes to bittrex. 2-3 weeks ago best option was buy on bittrex sell mitpal 2x income
Cloak CaiX Cry Gue Min(that one i like as gamer)... but whole pattern is obvious sell on Mintpal then go bittrex...

Today volume:
Mintpal 1500 BTC (before 10000 - 3000)
Bittrex  1500 BTC (before 200-500)
So BTC to pump new scam coins but also no BTC to support "old" good innovative: NXT PPC Name Counterparty
what is sad  some biggest fans when BC stopped rising they moved = WC CINNI XLB VRC XC...
BC devs what promised they delivered:
David promised halo - delivered beta but working ( smart contracts, 2 FA )
rat4- POS2.0 security updates - delivered (WC CINNI XLB VRC XC - zero change here to follow open ssl fix dos fix... )
maarx - android wallet alfa in google play working
max borgs agency - many articles in tech press ( big support for halo )
bcpool devs - udated front end stats ext. advanced buy algorithms
drunkonsounds - bcbit (he promissed made it in few hours and he made )
Foudation: McKite many articles, holytransaction, express coins...
Community: MaxBorgsAgency , Coinkite

Now compare that to our competitors...compare to their price and value...
yea i know anon is priceless but Cheesy compare BC to any other coin from top 10.
And where we are truly?
For me when halo will be polished in top 3-4.

yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 07:20:29 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 10:01:23 AM by yourstruly

While Vericoin and others clones ignore the actual protocol the currency runs on, Blackcoin developer Pavel is always at working making PoS more secure. The next step is to decentralize checkpoints, anyone who is actively interested in the actual protocol knows this is the next important step. If developers of PoS coins are don't recognize this issue or are not working towards this goal (or goals like it) they should have not have started a new blockchain and convinced people to invest.

Clone coin developers focus on building wallets that have nothing to do with the actual protocol, their coins often don't even justify a new blokchain, since they are just often adding in centralized features that would be better done by third parties to the wallet. These coins could have forked the wallet and used the same blockchain. The idea of the coin developers making centralized features is antithetical to the entire p2p cryptocurrency movement.

Any closed source centralized feature they build into their wallet, we can do better, open source, with more features and decentralized where possible. Their features are already done better by services like HolyTransaction, ExpressCoin and anonymity through BlackHalo. This is why in the long term we continue to have wider adoption.

They can cannibalize our protocol advancements, they can copy our multipool (but never replicate it, ours is by far the biggest and will always have the best features) but they are simply playing a different game. We are improving the state of cryptocurrency in the open and they in the business of coming up with gimmick features to make announcements about so they can pump up the value of their currency so whales can collect and then dump.

The reason developers flock to support the blackcoin project is because the main developer works on the protocol itself, improving the security, working on the way proof of stake works. The third party developers surrounding the project innovate, which draws in in other developers because we can see this innovation. This trend will continue.

XbladeX
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:59:21 AM

I haven't had a chance to try out the beta. So can you send CD keys that are only unveiled after payment?

Best option for p2p seller to not be scammed is to wait till customer will pay .

Is there time to test the CD key before sending payment?

From seller point of view who are escrowing more than  CD key is worth there is no point to scam you.
If he give you CD key for test he is risking losing key forever.
Both sides have to be honest or they will lose money !
Here both sides lose when someone is scamming this is p2p protection there is no point for scam scam seller will lose.

When you paying for work you can pay someone every hour or milestone. Smiley eg.
Break contact penalty can be also calculated there.
This is p2p revolutionary system both sides can lose
That is why there is no point to scam both sides want win.

Generaly this is direction where p2p should go.
This p2p no middle man protocols are true future
of crypto...
Hiring e-workers will be much more easy and secure...
This is revolution.
Imagine in nest 5years p2p "ebay" stores eg.
no more scams or both sides will lose.

Arigard

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:00:04 AM

While Vericoin and others clones ignore the actual protocol the currency runs on, Blackcoin developer Pavel is always at working making PoS more secure. The next step is to decentralize checkpoints, anyone who is actively interested in the actual protocol knows this is the next important step. If developers of PoS coins are don't recognize this issue or are not working towards this goal (or goals like it) they should have not have started a new blockchain and convinced people to invest.

Clone coin developers focus on building wallets that have nothing to do with the actual protocol, their coins often don't even justify a new blokchain, since they are just often adding in centralized features that would be better done by third parties to the wallet. These coins could have forked the wallet and use the same blockchain. The idea of the coin developers making centralized features is antithetical to the entire p2p cryptocurrency movement.

Any closed source centralized feature they build into their wallet, we can do better, open source, with more features and decentralized where possible. Their features are already done better by services like HolyTransaction, ExpressCoin and anonymity through BlackHalo. This is why in the long term we continue to have wider adoption.

They can cannibalize our protocol advancements, they can copy our multipool (but never replicate it, ours is by far the biggest and will always have the best features) but they are simply playing a different game. We are improving the state of cryptocurrency and they in the business of coming up with gimmick features to make announcements about so they can pump up the value of their currency so whales can collect and then dump.

The reason developers flock to support the blackcoin project is because the main developer works on the protocol itself, improving the security, working on the way proof of stake works. The third party developers surrounding the project innovate, which draws in in other developers because we can see this innovation. This trend will continue.

Well said *claps*
yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 09:29:36 AM

We are not afraid to release our code open source because we believe in transparency, open source design, peer auditing and decentralized systems. This is what made bitcoin good and this is what makes blackcoin good.

digicidal

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:42:44 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 01:13:09 PM by digicidal

We are not afraid to release our code open source because we believe in transparency, open source design, peer auditing and decentralized systems. This is what made bitcoin good and this is what makes blackcoin good.

Not to mention that, at some point, the technical requirements for actual integration of those new technologies into new or existing 'copy clones' surpasses the abilities of the "devs" involved to reliably implement and maintain them.  To me that is an unspoken but very significant value-add in support of holding BC long term.  I've seen it in a variety of technologies over the years - sure Microsoft is able to acquire almost any competitor and integrate/rebrand their software as their own... but rarely (if ever) is it as stable, secure, or efficient as it was when it was under the control of the original devs.

How many devs have come begging for rat4 to take a look at their coin, or help them with some problematic aspect of their implementation of his code? How many have been based on a nearly identical implementation - only to go nowhere, or get pumped and die almost immediately?  How many have been obvious scams, and how many have been less obvious - but wound up being scams anyway?

The price of BlackCoin will most certainly go higher (and likewise may go even lower as well unfortunately). What the price is on a given day worries me a whole lot less than the possibility that I will wake up to find that the dev has dumped their holdings and run for the hills, or that a secret premine has been discovered wiping out 70-80% of it's value overnight.  That's something that many holders of competing clones have experienced first hand!  Prices can be manipulated and volatile - and in an unregulated market, they will be - the stability of the platform itself is already better than the majority of the coins out there (including BTC in all honesty) yet it is actually improving as time goes on... not collapsing as some others have.

When you have that kind of stability and innovation - it breeds similar results from other talented developers... and that is exactly what we've been seeing over the past two months.  Regardless of whatever price the bots and whales are forcing on the exchanges... some of the best developers in crypto (IMO at least) have been slowly gathering behind us - and even if it takes a year for the get-rich-quick cryptofools  to run out of money and patience... eventually we will come out on top, and the price will soon follow.  Grin
yourstruly

thrasher.

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2014, 01:12:18 PM

Not to mention that, at some point, the technical requirements for actual integration of those new technologies into new or existing 'copy clones' surpasses the abilities of the "devs" involved to reliably implement and maintain them.  To me that is an unspoken but very significant value-add in support of holding BC long term.  I've seen it in a variety of technologies over the years - sure Microsoft is able to acquire almost any competitor and integrate/rebrand their software as their own... but rarely (if ever) is it as stable, secure, or efficient as it was when it was under the control of the original devs.

How many coins have come begging for rat4 to take a look at their coin, or help them with some problematic aspect of their implementation of his code? How many have been based on a nearly identical implementation - only to go nowhere, or get pumped and die almost immediately?  How many have been obvious scams, and how many have been less obvious - but wound up being scams anyway?

The price of BlackCoin will most certainly go higher (and likewise may go even lower as well unfortunately). What the price is on a given day worries me a whole lot less than the possibility that I will wake up to find that the dev has dumped their holdings and run for the hills, or that a secret premine has been discovered wiping out 70-80% of it's value overnight.  That's something that many holders of competing clones have experienced first hand!  Prices can be manipulated and volatile - and in an unregulated market, they will be - the stability of the platform itself is already better than the majority of the coins out there (including BTC in all honesty).

When you have that kind of stability and innovation - it breeds similar results from other talented developers... and that is exactly what we've been seeing over the past two months.  Regardless of whatever price the bots and whales are forcing on the exchanges... some of the best developers in crypto (IMO at least) have been slowly gathering behind us - and even if it takes a year for the get-rich-quick cryptofools  to run out of money and patience... eventually we will come out on top, and the price will soon follow.  Grin

Absolutely this.

Alt-currencies were supposed to be a proving ground for new ideas, and now all the ideas are being held in closed source, with no community development, no public auditing and these developers should be shamed for these practices. They are all forking a project that was developed completely in the open and it hurts the community to push the closed development that way. It is sad that I have to argue for open source development in a community that is entirely built around an open source project. I would not trust any anonymity code that has not been community audited.

Pavel improves the PoS protocol completely in the open, his entire git history there for everyone to see. You can even see the project was forked from Novacoin. This kind of transparency is what is respected by talented open source developers who want to contribute to cryptocurrency.

Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 408 »
  Print  

Jump to: