Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:45:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... 360 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SilkCoin | New Wallet | NOW on MintPal / Cryptsy | FULL POS  (Read 332068 times)
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:34:24 PM

Perhaps the dev team should destroy the extra premine percentage. The spec changed so this would only be fair. This should be done publicly. This would show the integrity of the devs and be great for PR. Other coins have sucessfully done this.

Thats not bad idea actually. Lets see what the dev says Smiley

sent dev pm last week asking to destroy rest of premine. dev says need for bounties developments and for future of coin. i understand that alot of work is needed for eco-system and marketplace. sent another pm but dev offline now. i would like community to donate and for premine to be destroyed. i pledge 25000sc if this is done soon.
i would like to see multipool set up and 1-2% going to fund future of our fine coin

I do offered to install a multipool for SC - nothing decided yet from SC Team - so I guess they are taking another road.  I could still offer a multipool scrypt (beta) if community ask it.  Crypto is open source.  1.5% fees and 1% to be accumulated for some project (def - promo).  This 1% wouldnt be used without miners majority approval.  X11 and X13 to be added.

This could start soon.  
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:35:35 PM

I don't want to be "that person" but this SC logo needs some work. It reminds me of the old Whitecoin logo.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
Intrepid101

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:36:18 PM

Perhaps the dev team should destroy the extra premine percentage. The spec changed so this would only be fair. This should be done publicly. This would show the integrity of the devs and be great for PR. Other coins have sucessfully done this.

sent dev pm last week asking to destroy rest of premine. dev says need for bounties developments and for future of coin. i understand that alot of work is needed for eco-system and marketplace. sent another pm but dev offline now. i would like community to donate and for premine to be destroyed. i pledge 25000sc if this is done soon.
i would like to see multipool set up and 1-2% going to fund future of our fine coin

I will happily donate.
But can you explain to me why the dev fund needs to be destroyed and recreated?
It seems like a nice gesture which will show community support but it also seems empty.
With the recent market games there are whales who hold much larger % than the devs if a "dump" and crash of price is listed in your concerns I would be more worried about them.

Just like with Bitcoin, the price of Silkcoin is the least interesting thing about it.
Sure if you were hoping to make a quick buck then I think you are out of luck, but anyone trying to do that loses my sympathy in any case.
For anyone to profit without creation or adding value means that someone else needs to suffer unnecessary loss.

like hamzatu said it would show integrity from devs. it would show devs listen to community and act. good pr. it would help support the price. more people would invest in 2% than a 4% premine. i liked the 2 pow phases for distribution and say the price was to drop afurther 50% i believe coins will be more concentrated in hands of a few.

Jacqul

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:38:20 PM

I do offered to install a multipool for SC - nothing decided yet from SC Team - so I guess they are taking another road.  I could still offer a multipool scrypt (beta) if community ask it.  Crypto is open source.  1.5% fees and 1% to be accumulated for some project (def - promo).  This 1% wouldnt be used without miners majority approval.  X11 and X13 to be added.

This could start soon.  

I imagine devs are busy with building the eco-system. No reason for them specifically to want or need a multipool.
If I can join and get more Silkcoin I will be happy though. Let me know when it's up and running!
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:41:05 PM

This could start soon.  

I imagine devs are busy with building the eco-system. No reason for them specifically to want or need a multipool.
If I can join and get more Silkcoin I will be happy though. Let me know when it's up and running!

I personally don't worry about a multi-pool I like to control my rigs and switch them up and sell what I make to buy SC
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:42:25 PM

honestly guys you can write what you want and i accept every thing

but this whitepaper looks like a not finished bachelor student paper ....

...think what you want sorry for loosing money..
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 11:42:42 PM

Until mods do something about the negativity in this thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660848.new#new

Jacqul

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:43:04 PM

I will happily donate.
It seems like a nice gesture which will show community support but it also seems empty.
With the recent market games there are whales who hold much larger % than the devs if a "dump" and crash of price is listed in your concerns I would be more worried about them.

Just like with Bitcoin, the price of Silkcoin is the least interesting thing about it.
Sure if you were hoping to make a quick buck then I think you are out of luck, but anyone trying to do that loses my sympathy in any case.
For anyone to profit without creation or adding value means that someone else needs to suffer unnecessary loss.

like hamzatu said it would show integrity from devs. it would show devs listen to community and act. good pr. it would help support the price. more people would invest in 2% than a 4% premine. i liked the 2 pow phases for distribution and say the price was to drop afurther 50% i believe coins will be more concentrated in hands of a few.

Integrity from devs have been shown by keeping to their word.
They have also showed that they listen to the community. As part of that community I don't want them to destroy the dev fund.
I don't think we need PR for Silkcoin.
I don't think the price being low is bad, it gives more people chance to buy in.
The more people part of the network the better.
If whales are buying in, if they are in for quick buck then they will just dump again, this leads to anxiety for people who are all invested already because the price fluctuates widely. But once they sell, new people buy and the network grows. The added volume is also not bad and it shows that the whole system works in transferring units of value from one person to another.
If the whales plan on building a hoard of SC to stake, then hell... they are clever whales and I want them in my ocean.
soltantgris

Activity: 741

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:43:44 PM

This could start soon.  

We are in final beta test - I'll let you say as soon as we are ready.

Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:44:05 PM

I will happily donate.

"it would show integrity from devs"

That is a ridiculous statement. These devs have shown NOTHING BUT INTEGRITY. Looking at your post count and account creation you obviously have NOT been around and seen how they listened to the community when it wanted to have the number of coins reduced in the 2nd POW phase. You have not seen how they have delivered constantly on time and follow through on what they say.

They are the epitome of integrity and honestly your baseless request is the epitome of FUD.
Jacqul

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:45:31 PM

Are you talking about the format again or the content.
I have not actually seen anything negative posted about the content.
Who the hell cares "what it looks like", this is not (name of other coin deleted) where we need to bullshit baffle brain people to invest.
If it is innovative then investment will follow.

Care to comment on the content?

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:45:54 PM

Just read the White Paper - and i think the content was great, was surprised by the innovation and support the devs are giving to the coin to make it stand out, and im sure it will go far in the future!

As long as the devs are active and are making progress, i will continue to support this amazing coin!!

Well done dev, keep at it!!

Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:48:18 PM

You are hysterical! You are judging the white paper and saying how it is unfinished and elementary, yet your grammar is atrocious, and what the hell is "loosing money"? Is that money that is stretching and doing Pilates or yoga?
Cryptojunkey

Activity: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:49:14 PM

This damn thread has turned into a joke. I dumped my bag of silk and glad I did for now. It will take 2 weeks for the eco system, the price is only going down until then so get out while you still can!
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:51:00 PM

Are you talking about the format again or the content.
I have not actually seen anything negative posted about the content.
Who the hell cares "what it looks like", this is not (name of other coin deleted) where we need to bullshit baffle brain people to invest.
If it is innovative then investment will follow.

Care to comment on the content?

I think what he meant was that the paper does not meet with his approval. I for one thought it was well organized in thought and presented with outstanding engineering context and content. Outside of using a simple clean design layout and font, I would not go so far as to say it was on the mark for any marketing delivery, but that appears to be second nature to the intent. As a side note, anyone using the comments "sorry for losing money" is being a troll, and was not sure if I should respond and perpetuate the sentiments. Forgive me if so.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 11:53:15 PM

gays!
thx to sell)
we must buy it all
and on 8000 satoshi/sc we have good profit

Ya have to look at the long term.  Don't think weeks or months, think years.  8000 satoshi is nothing compared to what 2015 or 2016 will look like.  I believe silkcoin will be around for the long term.
    I'm not even looking at the markets anymore.  Interested in the community building and the ecosystem being completed.  The next wave of crypto will be marketplaces and asset exchanges.  These only being birthed this year.  If you're looking for coins to buy low and sell high short term look to the rest of the Fad coins.

Yeah but why would you buy now when we all know it will be worth next to nothing in a couple more weeks? I mean I told you since the price was 7000 to sell because even if you wanted to hold Silkcoins long-term (which is dumb because there will be no long-term, but even if you wanted to) you could get them much cheaper by waiting.

This will be in the triple digits by early July and by the end of July will be sub-200. This is what happens with premined scam coins like this. As soon as people realize the dev was just a liar and he can't deliver anything they will bail. There is no reason to have blind faith in a developer you know nothing about. It's different than the bitcoin developer - that was open source code. Your faith in Silkcoin has nothing to do with the coin itself - we all know there is nothing revolutionary there. You are putting faith in some BS eco-system he will never build. He isn't capable of building it even if he wanted to (which he doesn't). This isn't this guy's first scam. He rips people off all the time and he has a new scam in the works already (if he hasn't already released it).

"Premined scam coins" - Just quoting, not agreeing.

http://prntscr.com/3v7ct4

Have fun.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
Jacqul

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:53:29 PM

This damn thread has turned into a joke. I dumped my bag of silk and glad I did for now. It will take 2 weeks for the eco system, the price is only going down until then so get out while you still can!

You know by "dumping your bag of silk" it doesn't just disappear into thin air?
Someone else bought "your bag of silk". Why do you think that is?
Funny how people selling think they are clever and the people buying also think they are clever.

As to the thread turning into a joke: I beg for a moderated thread where we can filter the FUD/hype nonsense. It is really not constructive or interesting to hear who bought and who sold etc. etc.

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:53:48 PM

Judge I understand your point of view, as I said this is to expose the theory to the community, the paper will be polished.
I think it was time the community knew what we planned for the future, could not wait another week with all that FUD going on.

Also yes, we are not used to academic publishing, and we tried to explain our vision the best way we could with the little time we had available. Development of the system is already quite advanced, this paper was mainly to explain to the community what we were doing since beta phase will come soon.

Next revision on friday will be way more polished as we are already getting inputs from the community.

I love you Smiley

Keep at it, you are the best devs i know so far!!

SC to the MOON!!
declensions

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:54:08 PM

destroy premine and donate money to devs? that's the most idiotic thing i've never heard. I'd be worried if there was no premine, because it will be necessary to fund development of projects.

I'm moving to the moderated thread as well, too many kids in here. Especially the people who keep quoting trolls.

C2.1: CfAMDL4FJomN8bLpsPKZz3mBtdQVg7Sgbp
Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:55:13 PM

You know by "dumping your bag of silk" it doesn't just disappear into thin air?
Someone else bought "your bag of silk". Why do you think that is?
Funny how people selling think they are clever and the people buying also think they are clever.

As to the thread turning into a joke: I beg for a moderated thread where we can filter the FUD/hype nonsense. It is really not constructive or interesting to hear who bought and who sold etc. etc.

*points to* ---->  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=660848.new#new
Pages: « 1 ... 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 [283] 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... 360 »
  Print  

Jump to: