Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:59:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 300 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XC] >> Mandatory Update to new Wallet - The first POS X11 anonymous wallet  (Read 268359 times)
atcsecure (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 02:44:02 PM

also the branding is a huge issue in my mind as once that ship has sailed (and it is about to) ... you can't go back and change it

Does the proof of stake in XC work yet?

its been POW since day 1, POS is working

you can see

http://cryptexplorer.com/chain/X11Coin

the blocks with 0 diff are POS

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
silverkinguk

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 02:45:28 PM

XC theme http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QjO0rQMbEo0

Co-Founder Visionary of QIBUCK
uk.linkedin.com/in/silverkinguk
maxsinner

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:45:34 PM

also the branding is a huge issue in my mind as once that ship has sailed (and it is about to) ... you can't go back and change it.... and I think XC has reached some level of branding so its a tricky decision tree to digest

I don't think it would be a bad choice to have the coin named XC without coin and other BS. If you keep the XC ticker, people will call it XC anyway.
Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:46:52 PM

also the branding is a huge issue in my mind as once that ship has sailed (and it is about to) ... you can't go back and change it.... and I think XC has reached some level of branding so its a tricky decision tree to digest

I don't think it would be a bad choice to have the coin named XC without coin and other BS. If you keep the XC ticker, people will call it XC anyway.

Agreed

XC

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
atcsecure (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 02:47:07 PM

I'm going to be enjoying the holiday to spend with the family... and thinking about the "business" side more.... enjoy the day everybody! its been a great ride getting to this point

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
zmeddy

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:48:07 PM

I didn't call anybody a scam before on fora, but if XC is pulling a DRK I will!!!

At the start of the PoW phase price was based on +-17M PoW coins. After 6M coins mined suddenly there is a "surprising" fpga threat which was unforeseen so the dev will end PoW asap.
At 1/3 of planned PoW coins mined the price suddenly rockets of course.

IF this was orchestrated beforehand then it is a huge scandal as the people in on this skeem are profiting enormously.

I don't want to accuse because this is impossible to proof or disproof but imo this decision smells fishy.

If you are worried about fpga's why don't you implement another algo, they are around!

Thanks for listening to my complaints, I bought some XC myself and hope everything works out for the best but I wish people were less gullible and be more critical!
Good trading and investing to all!
maxsinner

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:50:36 PM

I didn't call anybody a scam before on fora, but if XC is pulling a DRK I will!!!

At the start of the PoW phase price was based on +-17M PoW coins. After 6M coins mined suddenly there is a "surprising" fpga threat which was unforeseen so the dev will end PoW asap.

IF this was orchestrated beforehand then it is a huge scandal as the people in on this skeem are profiting enormously.

I don't want to accuse because this is impossible to proof or disproof but imo this decision smells fishy.

If you are worried about fpga's why don't you implement another algo, they are around!

Thanks for listening to my complaints, I bought some XC myself and hope everything works out for the best but I wish people were less gullible and be more critical!

It's the way to go, mate. A ton of coins did this already and will do it in the future. It's a fast paced game and nobody has the 4 years which BTC could afford to develop on his own speed.
sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:50:54 PM

It's kind of a mess trying to balance these out to find the optimum economic parameters without creating criticism of some kind, either from holders, outsiders, miners, investors etc.

yes and combine that with maintaining network security and it becomes a very complex formula

I have been vocal about my thoughts on reducing PoW reward.  I suppose it is easy for me to be an idealist on the issue, considering I have nothing but a bit of mining time and a few BTC invested in this coin.

I am here because I have been skeptical about you and your claims from the get go, but you consistently deliver.  I can doubt for only so long.

This is your coin, it is your choice what to do with it.  I'll trust you know what is best.

If there is to be a major reduction in PoW blocks though, the premine issue needs to be addressed eventually.  If we are looking at just over 6 million PoW coins, the once small premine has now ballooned into over a 2% premine.  You may have a lot of your plate right now, but best to fight off the FUD before it hits.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:52:00 PM

As it stands right now the coin is far too easy to obtain,meaning if i find the right pool i can throw a few hundred Mh's at it and dump it for a profit,just sayin...

Isnt that the point to a certain extent... to make profit?

Plus you say coin is too easy to get but how many coins have come out that are "rare" only to suffer from exactly what you said you could do?

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
atcsecure (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 02:52:01 PM

have you seen the hashrate?  there are numerous reasons why the change is being made and the fact that there is a large unknown source of hash power taking all the coins from the everyday miners is part of that and that was a key part of my vision in the beginning as I was unaware of the fpga x11 code, I wanted a fair "gpu/cpu" coin that didn't require high-end asic's...

I have been mining since 2010 and the entire ASIC movement left a bad taste in my mouth, with what Avalon did ( check my history, I purchased 30BTC worth of CHIPS which were never shipped except for batch #3 which I received way to late)

I wanted to even the game for the every day miner and now the the tables are turned and thats NOT fair

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 02:52:10 PM

chill brother it's a good choice and someone announced it in the trollbox at polo everyone is talking aboutXC now and in a good way..just think of it like this whatever your investment is it just gained 50%
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:53:24 PM

You do understand that having hundreds of gigahash take half the money distribution would kill a PoS coin and render it DOA, don't you?

The hashrate is there, no matter the origin, so from that perspective there is proof. It could be NSA trying to control the coin using the POS vector. Who knows?
braxx

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:54:46 PM

no don't stop POW...
POS is over-rated...

keep it hybrid pow+pos
just reduce the reward when difficulty rises... (a formula like darkcoin)
atcsecure (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 02:54:52 PM

It's kind of a mess trying to balance these out to find the optimum economic parameters without creating criticism of some kind, either from holders, outsiders, miners, investors etc.

yes and combine that with maintaining network security and it becomes a very complex formula

I have been vocal about my thoughts on reducing PoW reward.  I suppose it is easy for me to be an idealist on the issue, considering I have nothing but a bit of mining time and a few BTC invested in this coin.

I am here because I have been skeptical about you and your claims from the get go, but you consistently deliver.  I can doubt for only so long.

This is your coin, it is your choice what to do with it.  I'll trust you know what is best.

If there is to be a major reduction in PoW blocks though, the premine issue needs to be addressed eventually.  If we are looking at just over 6 million PoW coins, the once small premine has now ballooned into over a 2% premine.  You may have a lot of your plate right now, but best to fight off the FUD before it hits.

Premine issue? really? how much do think the development of the code cost? and the future development?  So far I've been funding this out of my own pocket and there is still a ton of work left to do... DRK has 1.5Million premine coins... thats almost 40% premine

BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:55:56 PM

have you seen the hashrate?  there are numerous reasons why the change is being made and the fact that there is a large unknown source of hash power taking all the coins from the everyday miners is part of that and that was a key part of my vision in the beginning as I was unaware of the fpga x11 code, I wanted a fair "gpu/cpu" coin that didn't require high-end asic's...

I have been mining since 2010 and the entire ASIC movement left a bad taste in my mouth, with what Avalon did ( check my history, I purchased 30BTC worth of CHIPS which were never shipped except for batch #3 which I received way to late)

I wanted to even the game for the every day miner and now the the tables are turned and thats NOT fair

You will never win. Think many people chapped they missed the boat which is usually what it boils down to. The real question should be where all the FUD people were when the coin started out? Heck I mined from day one @ 4 dif and no one gave 2 sh(ts about this coin.

Now all of a sudden they care.

I say whatever. Do what you think it right and take some things into consideration... the rest, well, let em cry.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
atcsecure (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 02:56:06 PM

no don't stop POW...
POS is over-rated...

keep it hybrid pow+pos
just reduce the reward when difficulty rises... (a formula like darkcoin)

DRK isn't POS, reducing rewards on POS/POW increase's security risks.... and the #'s don't play out.. .as a miner, I wanted to keep POW going but the logistics indicate that it isn't the best solution

dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 02:56:13 PM

You do understand that having hundreds of gigahash take half the money distribution would kill a PoS coin and render it DOA, don't you?

The hashrate is there, no matter the origin, so from that perspective there is proof. It could be NSA trying to control the coin using the POS vector. Who knows?
great points!! nothing would surprise me with the NSA sneaky bastards
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:56:17 PM

Premine issue? really? how much do think the development of the code cost? and the future development?  So far I've been funding this out of my own pocket and there is still a ton of work left to do... DRK has 1.5Million premine coins... thats almost 40% premine

Don't feed the troll... Go enjoy your holiday.

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:56:30 PM

There has never been so much hashrate in X11, ever. You couldn't have known / predicted that spike.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:56:36 PM

agree with this, some come from multipool and some from Asic miner.
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 300 »
  Print  

Jump to: