Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:39:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 300 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XC] >> Mandatory Update to new Wallet - The first POS X11 anonymous wallet  (Read 268356 times)
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:48:34 PM

The bloat prevents the coin from scaling, which prevents it from being used for real life purposes rather than a speculatory proof of concept. Unless Bytecoin devs come up with a better solution regarding bloat, cryptonote tech will have "serious issues".

We haven't been with these coins long enough to know that the bloat is going to be so bad it's unusable.

You say it prevents them from scaling, if you told me about Bitcoin before Bitcoin I would have said it'll never ever work because it can't scale.

It seems if enough is at stake people find a way of getting these systems to work. Monero is very usable today and so is Bytecoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bl4ckw00d

Activity: 810
Merit: 500

https://ironx.io IRONX

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:48:42 PM

Also, how are you going to add ring sig, the blockchain is completely different and the lead developers of Bitcoin said it's not possible.

Not really. I pointed DRK's dev to the fact that ring sigs create scaling and vast bloat issues that might make DRK a coin that can't be used for mainstream adoption / a DOA product.

He said he came up with an idea to get a comparable level of anonymity without the ring sig bloat that he'll implement in RC3.

Lets assume he can't get the same level of anonymity without ring signatures.

In that case, isn't the bloat worth being the only way to get decentralised anonymity?
You're making the assumption that there aren't any other ways of achieving decentralized anonymity.

Decentralised anonymity has been the topic of discussion since day one of Bitcoin.

Almost all the Bitcoin developers have tried to come up with a solution, the Zerocoin team came up with their idea using cutting edge mathematics and CryptoNote was a genuine surprise, it was a very well developed idea (see their whitepaper)

But the XC developer claims to have achieved the same in mere weeks what many very smart people have been trying for years. CryptoNote took two years to develop, Zerocoin has been under construction for over a year.

But XC does it in a weekend.

That is why I am skeptical, and what the developer says does not sound convincing.

If you read back a bit there are posts from the DEV saying that this has been in the works for a bit, not just over the weekend.  I still remain partially speculative myself but I got some faith in it to succeed.

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
nathalie20
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:49:43 PM

Mintpal and rams with mintpal destroy the coin. envious children
Flam

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:49:59 PM

You don't know when the dev started working on his coin and if you assume it's on the same day as the date of this thread creation this is poor logic.
It's simple if you dont trust the guy sell or dont 'buy. If you trust him it's a no brainer. The dev is working hard, he has no time to explain everything he is doing. And even more if it's a new anon concept. You don't want it to be stolen in few days.

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
THE FIRST OF ITS KIND
SELF-GOVERNED ECOSYSTEM

╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱
JOIN THE ICO - 18th OCTOBER
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬╲╲╲╲╲╲╲╲

▄███▄
        ▄█████████▄
     ▄██████████▀  ██▄
  ▄████████▀█▀   ▄██████▄
█▀▀▀███████   ▄████████▀▀▀█
██▄   ▀████▄▄▄▄█████▀   ▄██
█████▄   ▀███████▀   ▄█████
████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
▀██████████▄   ▄███████████
   ▀████████▌ ▐█████ ██████
██▄   ▀█ ███▌ ▐████   ▀████
█████▄    ██▌ ▐███▄▄ ▐█████
████████ ▄██▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
████████▄███▌ ▐█████ ▐█████
  ▀█████████▌ ▐█████ ▐██▀
     ▀██████▌ ▐██████▀
        ▀███▌ ▐███▀
           ▀███▀

atcsecure (OP)

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 04:50:41 PM

Also, how are you going to add ring sig, the blockchain is completely different and the lead developers of Bitcoin said it's not possible.

Not really. I pointed DRK's dev to the fact that ring sigs create scaling and vast bloat issues that might make DRK a coin that can't be used for mainstream adoption / a DOA product.

He said he came up with an idea to get a comparable level of anonymity without the ring sig bloat that he'll implement in RC3.

In that case, isn't the bloat worth being the only way to get decentralised anonymity?
You're making the assumption that there aren't any other ways of achieving decentralized anonymity.

Decentralised anonymity has been the topic of discussion since day one of Bitcoin.

Almost all the Bitcoin developers have tried to come up with a solution, the Zerocoin team came up with their idea using cutting edge mathematics and CryptoNote was a genuine surprise, it was a very well developed idea (see their whitepaper)

But the XC developer claims to have achieved the same in mere weeks what many very smart people have been trying for years. CryptoNote took two years to develop, Zerocoin has been under construction for over a year.

That is why I am skeptical, and what the developer says does not sound convincing.

what part are you not convinced about?  I have clearly stated what the current wallet will do and how it works.  Did I reveal the secret sauce? No, thats not gonna happen.  Feel free though to download the wallet tonight and enjoy its features!!!!  If your waiting for NSA proof anonymity - well that is the goal of our REV 2 release..  Grin

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
battbot

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:51:45 PM

Do you have any idea who the dev of XC is?  He is a legendary C programmer from the 90's.  I am not surprised at all that he can achieve this feat, and you are assuming that he has not been working on it prior to launching his coin (which he may or may not have done).  Anon transfers in addition to what he plans to do with blockchain 2.0 will make this coin revolutionary.  

I can't see why anyone would not want to jump on this ship after the dev's name has been revealed (albeit, involuntarily), he is fully transparent with progress and communication, and his credentials probably trump all other coin dev's combined.  
itraxe

Activity: 264
Merit: 252

alt coins trader/miner.

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:52:45 PM

120k was high pick Smiley now we go down lady and gentelmans Smiley take ur seats pls Smiley
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:53:44 PM

Actually he said that anonymity will be improved and that right now what he has is alpha / basic mixing with encryption that does not yet beat the bad actor scenario. He has plans to improve it.

So what are you talking about?

+1

So yes bad actor nodes are a problem, that is why we are going to offer a better solution in the next release and as you stated ring sigs are not compatible, that is why I said "another solution"

Sounds like someone figured out a way to do decentralised anonymity in a very short amount of time. Even though his explanations make no sense I will wish you good luck, as the world does need more ways to make our transactions private.
hashpuppy

Activity: 405

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:55:16 PM

dedicated pool please reply on my PM
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:56:41 PM

i bought over 500 XCoin here -> https://www.europex.eu/#!coin/btc/x

Thinking it was XC (X11 Coin)

Now i learned the HARD way that i lost 0.54 BTC !!! Sad

Withdrew it and now "it's gone" destroyed i believe

I withdrew XCoin to my X11 address   XWB4AHRwgQnhGToasRbqgfUXGHrw8bBXZR           (if someone rich is willing to donate feel free Cheesy)  (i normally never bribe!)

At least someone on europex is happy that i bought his expensive XCoin then

PS: I never bribe, just feeling bad at the moment and it is the thruth i made this mistake! Sad  CRY

The transaction id from XCoin =>  ded4a451e575a5d15f2bdd634c64d9c494e3a60f23d0b13c57ae5d3ea4ed88f6

Look my post history and see i'm active on several coins, now i dived into X11 Coin and didn't notice XCoin is another coin.

Let people know... plz plz plz
Let this be a warning for others not to get mistaken or confused

I won't go in XC11 now since i will stop trading for a while..  Destroyed 0.54 BTC in total just because the name is almost the same Sad

man im mining Xcoin thought i was mining X11 coin OMG
minerjav

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:56:45 PM

Actually he said that anonymity will be improved and that right now what he has is alpha / basic mixing with encryption that does not yet beat the bad actor scenario. He has plans to improve it.

So what are you talking about?

I continue reading this forum just because you are writing here. The developer release so little information about the coin that is almost impossible to invest on this coin.

Hope you are in the right side, you have a reputation to hold.

No serious investors will start moving BTC to this coin until the developer shows his strategy plan, technology overview and some prof of concept different than all new insta-coins with anon as key feature.

BEECoinfan

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:57:25 PM

Yes but thats not wallet #2 nor does he have the private keys to that wallet

What is doing the mixing? It's not ring signatures, so what is it?

Who cares that I can't trace 'A' tx output to 'B' tx input due to a mixer? I could do that with Bitcoin today.

What sets the XC mixer apart from a normal, conventional mixer?

Well for starters the details are encrypted to protect identifiable information and no we are not using ring sig's at this time, that is for the next release. 

And for anybody wondering why XC got pumped it wasn't because of the Anon (Maybe a bit) but mainly because the community found out who the dev is and what he is capable of.  I prefer to invest in the individual behind the coin and not just a coin itself!

+1

Even is the reason I invested in Dark, anonymous transactions aren't that big of deal to me personally. atcsecure is the reason I invested in XC beyond what I mined. A lot of real world companies with groundbreaking tech have folded due to shoddy management in their upper echelons. Same has shown to be true with crypto.

So with Mintpal adding, is it safe to assume Cryptsy wont be too far behind?

Not true sir.  Cryptsy seems to have their own schedule.  Not all coins added to Mintpal get on Cryptsy.

But you never know.. they are unpredictable and vern or anyone from cryptsy are no longer contactable via IRC so who knows.

http://xc.v2.dedicatedpool.com
Ryan, dedicatedpool.com support/admin
admin@dedicatedpool.com / IRC on freenode ##dedicatedpool

Oh I realize that not all Mintpal coins get added to Cryptsy.... that comment was more directed at JesstersDead as he believes in the coin and he works for Cryptsy lol

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 04:58:50 PM

Do you have any idea who the dev of XC is?  He is a legendary C programmer from the 90's.  I am not surprised at all that he can achieve this feat, and you are assuming that he has not been working on it prior to launching his coin (which he may or may not have done).  Anon transfers in addition to what he plans to do with blockchain 2.0 will make this coin revolutionary.  

I can't see why anyone would not want to jump on this ship after the dev's name has been revealed (albeit, involuntarily), he is fully transparent with progress and communication, and his credentials trump all other coin dev's combined.  

Sorry to be skeptical, please link me some information about his abilities (please don't quote me his resume again.)

I have heard this week that the Darkcoin developer is literally the one man in the world that will conclude Satoshi's grand CryptoCurrency experiment and that no more alternative coins are needed, I have heard so much developer worship from so many alternative coin followers.

People are following the Darkcoin developer as if he is the Crypto Jesus.

So, yeah I am very skeptical about this dev worship going, I feel like being in church!
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:00:40 PM

I withdrew XCoin to my X11 address   XWB4AHRwgQnhGToasRbqgfUXGHrw8bBXZR           (if someone rich is willing to donate feel free Cheesy)  (i normally never bribe!)

PS: I never bribe, just feeling bad at the moment and it is the thruth i made this mistake! Sad  CRY

The transaction id from XCoin =>  ded4a451e575a5d15f2bdd634c64d9c494e3a60f23d0b13c57ae5d3ea4ed88f6

Look my post history and see i'm active on several coins, now i dived into X11 Coin and didn't notice XCoin is another coin.

I won't go in XC11 now since i will stop trading for a while..  Destroyed 0.54 BTC in total just because the name is almost the same Sad

wait XCoin = X11 coin i think
Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:01:23 PM

man im mining Xcoin thought i was mining X11 coin OMG

Lips sealed Lips sealed Grin Grin Grin

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
|
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:02:09 PM

Think about this rationally. How easy is it to create a coin, claim that you're some sort of rainman programmer, provide some cryptic explanations of how your technology works, and then sit back and watch the pump? Compare that to actually developing a technology that is superior to what teams of others have been working on for 5+ years. Now which of these scenarios is more likely to occur?
heartastack

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:03:02 PM

Think about this rationally. How easy is it to create a coin, claim that you're some sort of rainman programmer, provide some cryptic explanations of how your technology works, and then sit back and watch the pump? Compare that to actually developing a technology that is superior to what teams of others have been working on for 5+ years. Now which of these scenarios is more likely to occur?

Aliens.
Jacques de Molay

Activity: 339

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:03:32 PM

So far so good on test 2 phase of wallet. Can send normally and through mixer

Anon transactions working just a little bit raw for the average user for now but that is cool all part of the testing

I dare say if the qt wallet can just have an added button to cloak it in the cover of darkness - same way POLONIEX does night mode

recode the send button to use the sendfromixxer command choosing your default label would make life easier going forward and look cool

I would dare say the dev will be more forthcoming with how he has achieved it when its released. chill for now.
interupted

Activity: 258

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:03:46 PM

except every time I have doubted this Dev, he has come through and the price has gone up.  

Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 05:03:52 PM

Let's wait for tonight first   Wink

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
|
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 300 »
  Print  

Jump to: