Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:39:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 300 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XC] >> Mandatory Update to new Wallet - The first POS X11 anonymous wallet  (Read 268359 times)
CoolForCoins

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:00:00 PM

XCoin is a pretty sexy name, there's no denying it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:01:38 PM

On the renaming topic - I've narrowed it down to either just "X" or "XC" - thoughts?

Xcoin!

but wallet is priority.  i am so excited, feeling buying 0.1 usd ltc.
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:02:18 PM

On the renaming topic - I've narrowed it down to either just "X" or "XC" - thoughts?

While I am a fan of either -- just X or XC may make it hard to find in things like search engines -- just something to be aware of.  I am sure there are ways to get around this though.

Darkcoin was originally called xcoin.  So ya, that is not an option.
thewarners777

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:02:51 PM

In order to stake we just need to unlock the wallet and leave it open correct?
I know it has to be unlocked, I am not sure about it being open. I never got a clear answer on that one, or I just missed the response.

yes to stake you need to have wallet opened, unlocked and make sure "stake" only is checked (for security) -if your wallet isn't encrypted then you don't need to unlock, however I wouldn't advise that - everybody should their encrypt wallet's

where is the stake only option at?
atcsecure (OP)

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 03:03:32 PM

can somebody put together a top 100 wallet link?

I am deploying the mainnet infrastructure today for the x-mode feature so I don't have the time at the moment

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
atcsecure (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 03:06:40 PM

I know it has to be unlocked, I am not sure about it being open. I never got a clear answer on that one, or I just missed the response.

yes to stake you need to have wallet opened, unlocked and make sure "stake" only is checked (for security) -if your wallet isn't encrypted then you don't need to unlock, however I wouldn't advise that - everybody should their encrypt wallet's

if your wallet is encrypted, when you hit "unlock" wallet, there is a check box (auto-checked by default) that says stake only - this prevents RPC calls from being able to send coins and keeps your wallet secure while staking

also another thing to review is your X11Coin.conf file for your RPC user name and password, if you are using the defaults you should change to a secure passworrd

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
dbstmddhks

Activity: 523
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:07:07 PM

I have yet to hear one solid argument or reasoning from the camp that proposes nothing be changed to XC's code.  All I hear from this camp are personal insults -- how can they be taken seriously then?  I for one do not take anything they have to say seriously.

Besides insults, they make the argument that "This is the dev's original plan" -- Are you serious?  This is an argument?  Businesses in the real world adapt to meet the demands of competitive markets all the time.  If a potential superior business plan is proposed by one of the team, it would only be ignorance and poor management to not give it serious consideration.  And good businesses listen to the ideas and innovations of their employees.  All of this is the same for any alt coin.  

Other than this, they make the argument that "The coin will be successful no matter what" -- The argument was never that XC would NOT be successful.  I have repeatedly stated that they will be successful if they deliver anon tech. The argument however, is that XC's success and longevity will be optimized if they change the mining phase to either reduce total supply (by reducing PoW mining phase/rewards) or if they extend PoW mining for years (by greatly reducing block rewards).

Again:  The main problem with XC is that 75% of the total coin supply will be minted in a 2 month period AFTER it's biggest selling point has already been delivered.  This is what I am proposing needs to be addressed by either of the options above.

Either the 75% supply # needs to be reduced with a shorter PoW phase, or it can stay the same but have a PoW phase that is extended to years with reduce block rewards.  One of these should happen if you want to protect and ensure the highest chance of longevity for this coin.

We need more data analytic's on the blockchain and current POS/POW blocks...  but I would be interested in getting some details on people who are staking, and their current stake weight stats...

Probably around 50% of coins will always be tied up in markets.  And there is no way stakes at 3.33% annually will be reducing the total supply of 33.3M more than 1 million coins in two months.  I would be surprised if PoS blocks counted for more than 1 million XC.

Cinni is PoS 3.5% and they have only minted 12,965 PoS coins in the last 6 weeks (since creation).  So, yea, that should give you an estimate.

Because the 3~10% year interest never make coins stay in the wallet

That's very very simple

The price up and down over 20~50% in one day. Then it's more good to cell upper price than keep the coin in the wallet

Interests can't keep people's mind. The plan and dev's move keep people's mind
Ezravdb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 506

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:11:02 PM

I wanted to provide some details on the original design and code in regards to POW and POS.  The original intent was that POS would provide a reduction in POW blocks, reducing the total POW mined coins.. as stake weight increases - POW blocks decrease thus reducing daily POW coins..... the concept was that by staking, your protecting your investment and also making POW less profitable by up to 50%... none of the "profit" calculators take this into consideration...  

so for everybody who wants less POW coins - start staking NOW.. coins on exchanges don't stake...but I specifically chose an 8hour stake time so you could pull coins into wallet nightly for staking

BUMP

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
battbot

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:14:30 PM

I wanted to provide some details on the original design and code in regards to POW and POS.  The original intent was that POS would provide a reduction in POW blocks, reducing the total POW mined coins.. as stake weight increases - POW blocks decrease thus reducing daily POW coins..... the concept was that by staking, your protecting your investment and also making POW less profitable by up to 50%... none of the "profit" calculators take this into consideration...  

so for everybody who wants less POW coins - start staking NOW.. coins on exchanges don't stake...but I specifically chose an 8hour stake time so you could pull coins into wallet nightly for staking

BUMP

This is pointless.  Cinni has a higher PoS of 3.5% and they have only minted 12,965 PoS coins in the last 6 weeks (since creation).  And let's remember that Cinni has had 15m coins staking since day 3.  XC has a far less number of coins staking.  So, we are going to rush to staking so we can reduce the supply by around 100,000 coins max at the end of 2 months PoW (generous estimate)?  That won't solve any of the distribution issues.
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:20:31 PM

BUMP

This is pointless.  Cinni has a higher PoS of 3.5% and they have only minted 12,965 PoS coins in the last 6 weeks (since creation).  So, we are going to rush to staking so we can reduce the supply by around 100,000 coins max at the end of 2 months PoW (rough estimate)?  That won't solve any of the distribution issues.

reward is so huge and dumping come quickly.

we are at crucial stage!

if succeed, we will among top 10; if we get dumped like this, other coins with "ANON" will replace us.

Battbot, please convince dev to work out a constructive plan.

i see a bright future in vision of security/cloud computing/mobility.

but at this stage, we have to make sure deliver X-MODE on time and make decision on  supply mode!
dadon
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 03:27:47 PM

BUMP

This is pointless.  Cinni has a higher PoS of 3.5% and they have only minted 12,965 PoS coins in the last 6 weeks (since creation).  So, we are going to rush to staking so we can reduce the supply by around 100,000 coins max at the end of 2 months PoW (rough estimate)?  That won't solve any of the distribution issues.

we are at crucial stage!

if succeed, we will among top 10; if we get dumped like this, other coins with "ANON" will replace us.

but at this stage, we have to make sure deliver X-MODE on time and make decision on  supply mode!

+1
atcsecure (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 03:29:31 PM

BUMP

This is pointless.  Cinni has a higher PoS of 3.5% and they have only minted 12,965 PoS coins in the last 6 weeks (since creation).  And let's remember that Cinni has had 15m coins staking since day 3.  XC has a far less number of coins staking.  So, we are going to rush to staking so we can reduce the supply by around 100,000 coins max at the end of 2 months PoW (generous estimate)?  That won't solve any of the distribution issues.

Well there a few things to consider, the intent of POS was to reduce POW blocks once it kicked in, Cinni has a 3day minimum stake time, while XC is 8hours, so it is slightly different, but I understand your viewpoint and until I have the hard #'s from the data analytic's, I won't have exact answers, but I can see from the block explorer that we not getting 50% POS blocks currently so that needs to fully vetted and the code adjusted to work as originally designed

I will circle back around to this issue tonight after I review all the data from the blockchain.  I think we can put this issue to rest for now as I have gone through everybody's input on the issue at hand

thewarners777

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:29:49 PM

if your wallet is encrypted, when you hit "unlock" wallet, there is a check box (auto-checked by default) that says stake only - this prevents RPC calls from being able to send coins and keeps your wallet secure while staking

also another thing to review is your X11Coin.conf file for your RPC user name and password, if you are using the defaults you should change to a secure passworrd

also where is the X11coin.conf file? I tried searching in the windows wallet downloaded folder and I cant find it.
atcsecure (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 03:30:15 PM

also where is the X11coin.conf file? I tried searching in the windows wallet downloaded folder and I cant find it.

under %appdata%/roaming/X11Coin - your wallet is in there, back it up to USB while your taking a look :-)

CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:30:52 PM

BUMP

we are at crucial stage!

+1

+2.. please don't let the major hashing supply kill the coin.   They have done it to so many other coins.   Don't let it happen to our XCoin!

tianfuzi

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:35:40 PM

I feel X11coin DEV actively, so I like this coin, support XC. Come on, Everybody Smiley

atcsecure (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 03:35:46 PM

BUMP

we are at crucial stage!

+1

Just to provide some insight, this "anon" or x-mode is just the beginning, and a key part of the "foundation" of which the Blockchain v2.0 stuff will be built upon - and we already have some major upgrades to that "foundation" in the pipeline using advance encryption techniques that will keep this on the cutting edge...   my background includes some very high-level encrypted infrastructure design and deployment... x-mode will be a very valuable encrypted transport mechanism for all sorts of things to come....

battbot

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:36:22 PM

I am going to stop arguing for reduction of coins or a largely extended PoW period.  I feel that very solid arguments are on the table and the dev is capable of making his own decisions, of which I support no matter what.  I mean, seriously.  actsecure is Dan Metcalf -- hes a legendary C programmer, probably better than every dev of every alt coin combined.

That being said, while he may be an expert in coding.  I am a financial analyst with a degree in finance & economics.  He may know how to create a coin (and probably one better than anyone else), but I know how to read markets and perform coin valuations.
thewarners777

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:37:23 PM

under %appdata%/roaming/X11Coin - your wallet is in there, back it up to USB while your taking a look :-)

Thats the first place I looked and there is no .conf file in that directory. Sorry for the question and thanks for answering them. I always backup the wallet on every coin I hold as soon as I open it for the first time.
saberu

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:37:38 PM

Anon wallet T Minus 2400. MOON!

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins. Su3XiYekKKk4FRHaaMneseJHcykGfswVb3
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 300 »
  Print  

Jump to: