Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:13:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 300 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XC] >> Mandatory Update to new Wallet - The first POS X11 anonymous wallet  (Read 268359 times)
atcsecure (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 12:49:11 AM

Excellent! Thank you for your hard work!
In my opinion, XC is earlier than DRK in implementing the annomous feature,
that is very impressive

This is not so much a matter of opinion... rather a matter of historic facts: DarkSend was/is live since Feb (testnet) / March (mainnet).

I am confused, I think DRK is still in the testing (i know they started in Feb, but i think they are still testing and they are trying to implement masternode soon), but XC is almost ready for implement. Please point it out if I am wrong.

DRK is implementing masternode payments in a few hours. That's part of RC2. DarkSends work ok but, up to now, masternodes weren't getting paid 10% of mining output. RC3 will bring more in terms of anonymity.

Basic mixing was achieved within days back in February. For 99% of the cases a mixer is private enough for most uses. However governments can still catch you if they can monitor the nodes. That's the 1% extra effort that DRK is trying to do in the last months in the form of negative incentives to run multiple nodes from "bad actors" (that's why masternode payment protocol / 1000 DRK requirement was put into place). RC3 will try to improve anonymity further - always that last 1%.

We will be switching away from the masternode topology in REV v2 - I don't want to give away the secret sauce, but it is going to be high-end anonymous end to end encryption, provide 100% true anonymity and be the foundation of our blockchain v2.0 phase

Also our Rev v1 release can't be "monitored" at the node layer :-)

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:50:12 AM

Will this become a pure proof of stake coin anytime soon? What is the schedule?

The coin will still have the extended POW but the # of coins produced by POW will be greatly reduced moving forward

What is the schedule for that?

Also what is the block reward?

atcsecure (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 12:52:03 AM

The coin will still have the extended POW but the # of coins produced by POW will be greatly reduced moving forward

within 5-10days

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:55:22 AM

that is very impressive

This is not so much a matter of opinion... rather a matter of historic facts: DarkSend was/is live since Feb (testnet) / March (mainnet).

I am confused, I think DRK is still in the testing (i know they started in Feb, but i think they are still testing and they are trying to implement masternode soon), but XC is almost ready for implement. Please point it out if I am wrong.

DRK is implementing masternode payments in a few hours. That's part of RC2. DarkSends work ok but, up to now, masternodes weren't getting paid 10% of mining output. RC3 will bring more in terms of anonymity.

Basic mixing was achieved within days back in February. For 99% of the cases a mixer is private enough for most uses. However governments can still catch you if they can monitor the nodes. That's the 1% extra effort that DRK is trying to do in the last months in the form of negative incentives to run multiple nodes from "bad actors" (that's why masternode payment protocol / 1000 DRK requirement was put into place). RC3 will try to improve anonymity further - always that last 1%.

We will be switching away from the masternode topology in REV v2 - I don't want to give away the secret sauce, but it is going to be high-end anonymous end to end encryption, provide 100% true anonymity and be the foundation of our blockchain v2.0 phase

Good stuff... btw, I see you are a qualified dev, which is kind of a rare quality around these cryptocurrency places. Do you believe you can achieve NSA-proofing? For the time being it is an elusive property for most coins of this kind.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 12:57:54 AM

within 5-10days

When you switch over to reduced PoW block reward, what size will the POS and PoW block rewards be respectively? That is my last question. If the PoW block reward is too low then this will disincentivize people from doing PoW mining and the dev of BlackCoin demonstrated a hybrid PoW/PoS coin with low PoW reward is typically wide open to a 51% attack.
atcsecure (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 12:59:04 AM

within 5-10days

When you switch over to reduced PoW block reward, what size will the POS and PoW block rewards be respectively? That is my last question. If the PoW block reward is too low then this will disincentivize people from doing PoW mining and the dev of BlackCoin demonstrated a hybrid PoW/PoS coin with low PoW reward is typically wide open to a 51% attack.

I am aware of the 51% attack issue, I don't have the exact answers to these questions yet.....  tomorrow..

atcsecure (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 01:00:08 AM

that is very impressive

Good stuff... btw, I see you are a qualified dev, which is kind of a rare quality around these cryptocurrency places. Do you believe you can achieve NSA-proofing? For the time being it is an elusive property for most coins of this kind.

Great question, not going to answer that here.. once the encrypted messaging system is place within the XC wallet - we can discuss

DRobert

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:00:57 AM

This coin should be worth at least $13 per coin.
wevus

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Long Term Investor with Short Term Memory Loss

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 01:03:30 AM

that is very impressive

Great question, not going to answer that here.. once the encrypted messaging system is place within the XC wallet - we can discuss

My hat is off to you and your Dev team. Well done sir.

XChat: XQ6YhjRgXHuZKPwDTps6J6i8mwdYnXYdtY
Donatations for the starving pigmies: XC XSoc3Eb7u2EwMaqV6jYChHrhdDvtZp6Cap
BTC 1ALk4YtmNTLwAvPZszQvrNwmrUBSUPXNKr
tat123

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 01:10:05 AM

Never doubted it for a moment. Well...maybe a moment. But thats gone now. Great work Dev! Grin
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:11:16 AM

that is very impressive

Ok let me rephrase it in a "government-friendly" manner: Is the solution superior to ring signatures?
atcsecure (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 01:14:09 AM

that is very impressive

Ok let me rephrase it in a "government-friendly" manner: Is the solution superior to ring signatures?

I would need to dig pretty deep into the aspects both solutions to answer that... as we get closer to REV v2 release, I will provide more details to the solution XC will implement

AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:16:20 AM

Fair enough.

The recipe to success: No hype / no marketing / no snake-oil / no scam tactics / pure dedication to the goal of 100% anonymity and doing the work necessary - not getting distracted by bullshit.

Coinmarketcap will take care of the rest.

Bl4ckw00d

Activity: 810

https://ironx.io IRONX

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:23:29 AM

Fair enough.

The recipe to success: No hype / no marketing / no snake-oil / no scam tactics / pure dedication to the goal of 100% anonymity and doing the work necessary - not getting distracted by bullshit.

+1 .  this DEV has been 100% about his goal of anonymity and just hammering down.  He has been very transparent and isn't FUDing the competition or needing to do lame marketing tactics.  The proof is in the pudding and this is the kind of coin that will move ahead of the others sooner then we may think.  No marketing needed here, the market knows what is in store for this coin and that alone is better then any kind of promotion.

▄██    ▐███████▄▄▄       ▄▄█████▄▄      ▄██▄      ▐██▄    ▒▓▓▄      ▄▓▓▒
     ███    ▐██▌▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ████▄     ▐██▌  ▐▓▄ ▀▓▓▄  ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███   ███▌      ███▌   ██████    ▐██▌   ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐██▌    ▄████  ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███ ███▄  ▐██▌     ▀▓▓▄ ▀▀ ▄▓▓▀
     ███    ▐█████████▀▀   ▐███▌      ▐██▌   ███  ▀███ ▐██▌      ▓▓▓    ▓▓▓
     ███    ▐██▌   ▀███     ███▌      ███▌   ███    ██████▌   ▄▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▄
     ███    ▐██▌     ███    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄████    ███     ▀████▌  ▐▓▀ ▄▓▓▀  ▀▓▓▄ ▀▓▌
     ███    ▐██▌      ███     ▀▀██████▀▀     ███       ███▌    ▄▓▓▀      ▀▓▓▄
                  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
           ▄▓▓▓█▀▀            ▀▀█▓▓█▄
         ▓▓▓█▀                    ▀▓▓█▄
       ▄▓▓▓▀                        ▀▓▓█
      ▄▓▓█                            █▓▓
      ▓▓▓                    ▄██▄     ▐▓▓█
     ▓▓▓                   ▄█▓▓▀       ▐▓▓▌
     ▓▓▓                 ▄█▓▓▀          ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓       ▓▓▓▄    ▓▓▓▓▀            ▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓        ▀▓▓▓▄█▓▓▓▀             ▐▓▓▌
     ▀▓▓▓         ▀█▓▓█▀               █▓▓
      ▓▓▓▄                            ▓▓▓▌
       ▓▓▓█                         ▄█▓▓▀
        ▀▓▓█▄                     ▄▓▓▓█▀
          ▀▓▓▓█▄               ▄▄█▓▓█▀
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:25:31 AM

Fair enough.

+1 .  this DEV has been 100% about his goal of anonymity and just hammering down.  He has been very transparent and isn't FUDing the competition or needing to do lame marketing tactics.  The proof is in the pudding and this is the kind of coin that will move ahead of the others sooner then we may think.  No marketing needed here, the market knows what is in store for this coin and that alone is better then any kind of promotion.

+2

You could already tell from the ANN that this was a no hype coin.   That's why I mined it right from launch and oh boy... the return.... Now, it already achieved Tesla level and working on the garage to park it in....

Grifftech

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:26:39 AM

I just started mining XC today and it sounds like it won't be mine-able once it goes to PoS? I am new to this so not sure what PoS means compared to PoW and if I should even be bothering to mine now?

Thanks
atcsecure (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 01:31:34 AM

well after a marathon work week, with very little sleep or food, I am going to celebrate this huge milestone and then get some rest!!!

it was a great adventure getting to this point and I want to say thank you to all of those you helped along the way!! this is only the beginning for XC!!!!

Bl4ckw00d

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:32:12 AM

I just started mining XC today and it sounds like it won't be mine-able once it goes to PoS? I am new to this so not sure what PoS means compared to PoW and if I should even be bothering to mine now?

Thanks

Moving from POS just means that after POW (Which is the mining portion) the only way to obtain coins would be to stake them in your wallet ( Holding them in a personal wallet not an exchange) or to purchase them.  

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
Bl4ckw00d

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:32:56 AM

well after a marathon work week, with very little sleep or food, I am going to celebrate this huge milestone and then get some rest!!!

it was a great adventure getting to this point and I want to say thank you to all of those you helped along the way!! this is only the beginning for XC!!!!

Thanks for all your hardwork atc .  Get some well deserved rest, tommorow is going to be one for the books Smiley

▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄█▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓█▄
            ▀▀█▓▓▓█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▓▓▓█▀
                ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▀▀
Grifftech

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 01:36:33 AM

Thanks

Moving from POS just means that after POW (Which is the mining portion) the only way to obtain coins would be to stake them in your wallet ( Holding them in a personal wallet not an exchange) or to purchase them.  

Well crap I always miss out Smiley SO I assume then the more coins you have the more you obtain just as you would with mining, more miners more coins
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 300 »
  Print  

Jump to: