Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:46:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Where would you prefer the VRC/VRM exchange pair be?
Bittrex
Poloniex
Both
Other

Pages: « 1 ... 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 [839] 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 ... 961 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VRC] VeriCoin Proof of Stake-Time Currency | New Roadmap Released  (Read 1355397 times)
johncarpe64

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 03:27:15 AM

We've got a new page just for Vericoin - http://cryptscout.com/coins/Vericoin/ - Get the latest prices, tweets, news, forum threads & everything in-between Smiley

very nice website, are you working on mobile platform.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
inigthz

Activity: 507
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 04:18:08 AM

Anyone can help me?? I sent vrc to bittrex. But till now doesn't received.

How to fix this??
Kevondo

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 04:22:27 AM

All good points except for the one about anon.

I'm a big believer in NOT being anonymous. My association with crypto folks have lead me to amend my views.

Recent goverment  strong arming of large data communication providers brings into question the enroachment on basic freedoms.

Other than that confidential data needs to be secure from prying eyes.

It isn't just badguys who use anon. They may have been the first to capitalise but your personal financial, and Medical records are a prime example of things the every day citizen should be able to keep private,

Now that there is an absolute anon solution it should be avaiable to anyone who desires complete privacy.

All the data you're concerned about accessing  when HD's are off line are ameliorated by them being avaiable in the cloud. The solution being prepared is  "decentralised cloud storage'.
lootz
Legendary

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 05:56:07 AM

Now i understand the price drop better.

Anon sent was to shady but we can agree on this ?  how does that work.

Ive been in vrc for many months and sadly im starting to agree more and more with barabas.
If he wasnt so long winded and such a patronizing douchebag from time to time he would be a great asset as the voice of the people.

There are many coins in SuperNet pick another one for the cloud. The more coin the better, I will not explain as I will leave something for you to figure out.... this is an easy one.

I have no idea how u think you can provide quality of service , unless u plug into a datacenter. (let me guess there will be a million people renting out diskspace at launch)
It is true you have no idea, happy you are honest about that. Can you be a litte more vague ROFL "into a datacenter ?" What kind of datacenter are you speaking of ? Old school AS/400 ? What is in your datacenter Sir, what are you talking about. A data center full of SAN's maybe, vSphere architecture ? This sounds like someone who has no idea what he is speaking of and just spitting out words like datacenter... Go read a book about datacenters then learn about how to implement them in the cloud then maybe you will understand why your statement for needing a datacenter makes no sense.

The competitive pricing comes from people not taking their electric bill and hardware costs into account.

It does this is why it will be cheaper then you precious centralized google, all your files can be viewed by all google personnel FYI. Do you trust naked pictures of you chik on google or a more decentralized, less targetable solution with more security enable by the block chain in various methods.   

arent there also Legual issues im sure internet providers have huge lists of rules about what u can and cant do , renting out their bandwith to a third party i would assume beeing one of them.
Im sure they wont come after the little guy , but they will know where to find u.

call it fud or whatever u want , but i doubt im the only one that feels this way.
Who are they ? Once again what are you talking about ? Legal Issues mirrored blockchains ? Decentralized information through blockchain tech through cloud raid ? "They" Cannot even regulate bitcoin properly, WELCOME TO THE REVOLUTION.

Renting through third party ISP's ? When you run Kazaa or Bearshare or limewire or soulseek or Bittorrent client, etc.. you must know that running these is running a server which does violate your TOS with your ISP.  Can they prove you are running it ? and if so will they shut down half of all their accounts because of it ? NO, they increased everyone bandwidth and made it easier, no company wants to lose customers for these small issues. Bandwidth is not an issue. I hope I helped a little in your silly technical but not technical at all rant above.

NOBODY SHOULD FEEL THIS WAY BECAUSE I CAN THESE DAYS DOWNLOAD MOVIES FASTER THEN I EVER COULD, GET MUSIC, ETC. Have "They" been able to stop it ? no it just gets better and better as they keep trying to stop it because people like the VRC/SuperNET Dev team keep coming up with innovations that trump yesterdays tech that "They" are still looking at as we are always 10 steps ahead. This is a developers world do not try to understand instead ask a good developer like James or Doug to help you understand what you do not. 

.....and I yield back the balance of my time.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 06:30:59 AM

And now we have just entered full nutcase territory...

Oh well people, as usual, real common-sensical people, knows way better than nutcases that store nude pics of their chicks -just how extended is that particular practice?- and hence why, again, VRC is goin straght down to the point of no return...
You people, the nutcases, have not seen what has happened and continue happening to ALL anon coins, including Dark? This will BEVER work. Ever. Anon is vapor. Everyone is identifiable at point of entry (into the net).

VRC: currency, not business... most particularly not a business destined to fail.

End of story.
lootz
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 07:01:37 AM

Oh well people, as usual, real common-sensical people, knows way better than nutcases that store nude pics of their chicks -just how extended is that particular practice?- and hence why, again, VRC is goin straght down to the point of no return...
You people, the nutcases, have not seen what has happened and continue happening to ALL anon coins, including Dark? This will BEVER work. Ever. Anon is vapor. Everyone is identifiable at point of entry (into the net).

VRC: currency, not business... most particularly not a business destined to fail.

End of story.

Yes barb you are the most Identifiable, and I love nude pics of my chik lol stop being such a dumbass close minded prick you always are. If the coins fail then let them fail no one needs anyone to point that out lol, But you should appreciate the people trying to bring you the technology.

Cough Cough, "Anon is vapor" That is the most vague dumbest thing I ever heard you say. I thought at least you had some bits of technical knowledge but anyway, You also make no sense. try again buddy maybe one day you will say something a little more then anon is vapor, everyone is identifiable lol. Really Stupid Man. But once again people FUD has a purpose here this is why every coin has their own forums because Barabus is blacklisted on most of them. Purpose it to scare you into selling... them buying and profiting on the FUD they create. Just research Barabus and you will find the scams he has been up to and the communities he has used the same FUD tactics on to accomplish the same goals.
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 07:13:25 AM

Now i understand the price drop better.

Anon sent was to shady but we can agree on this ?  how does that work.

Ive been in vrc for many months and sadly im starting to agree more and more with barabas.
If he wasnt so long winded and such a patronizing douchebag from time to time he would be a great asset as the voice of the people.

There are many coins in SuperNet pick another one for the cloud. The more coin the better, I will not explain as I will leave something for you to figure out.... this is an easy one.

I have no idea how u think you can provide quality of service , unless u plug into a datacenter. (let me guess there will be a million people renting out diskspace at launch)
It is true you have no idea, happy you are honest about that. Can you be a litte more vague ROFL "into a datacenter ?" What kind of datacenter are you speaking of ? Old school AS/400 ? What is in your datacenter Sir, what are you talking about. A data center full of SAN's maybe, vSphere architecture ? This sounds like someone who has no idea what he is speaking of and just spitting out words like datacenter... Go read a book about datacenters then learn about how to implement them in the cloud then maybe you will understand why your statement for needing a datacenter makes no sense.

The competitive pricing comes from people not taking their electric bill and hardware costs into account.

It does this is why it will be cheaper then you precious centralized google, all your files can be viewed by all google personnel FYI. Do you trust naked pictures of you chik on google or a more decentralized, less targetable solution with more security enable by the block chain in various methods.   

arent there also Legual issues im sure internet providers have huge lists of rules about what u can and cant do , renting out their bandwith to a third party i would assume beeing one of them.
Im sure they wont come after the little guy , but they will know where to find u.

call it fud or whatever u want , but i doubt im the only one that feels this way.
Who are they ? Once again what are you talking about ? Legal Issues mirrored blockchains ? Decentralized information through blockchain tech through cloud raid ? "They" Cannot even regulate bitcoin properly, WELCOME TO THE REVOLUTION.

Renting through third party ISP's ? When you run Kazaa or Bearshare or limewire or soulseek or Bittorrent client, etc.. you must know that running these is running a server which does violate your TOS with your ISP.  Can they prove you are running it ? and if so will they shut down half of all their accounts because of it ? NO, they increased everyone bandwidth and made it easier, no company wants to lose customers for these small issues. Bandwidth is not an issue. I hope I helped a little in your silly technical but not technical at all rant above.

NOBODY SHOULD FEEL THIS WAY BECAUSE I CAN THESE DAYS DOWNLOAD MOVIES FASTER THEN I EVER COULD, GET MUSIC, ETC. Have "They" been able to stop it ? no it just gets better and better as they keep trying to stop it because people like the VRC/SuperNET Dev team keep coming up with innovations that trump yesterdays tech that "They" are still looking at as we are always 10 steps ahead. This is a developers world do not try to understand instead ask a good developer like James or Doug to help you understand what you do not. 

.....and I yield back the balance of my time.

well that fud was just pooped on...

+1000000

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
ereborltc

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 07:21:29 AM

End of story.

Yes barb you are the most Identifiable, and I love nude pics of my chik lol stop being such a dumbass close minded prick you always are. If the coins fail then let them fail no one needs anyone to point that out lol, But you should appreciate the people trying to bring you the technology.

Cough Cough, "Anon is vapor" That is the most vague dumbest thing I ever heard you say. I thought at least you had some bits of technical knowledge but anyway, You also make no sense. try again buddy maybe one day you will say something a little more then anon is vapor, everyone is identifiable lol. Really Stupid Man. But once again people FUD has a purpose here this is why every coin has their own forums because Barabus is blacklisted on most of them. Purpose it to scare you into selling... them buying and profiting on the FUD they create. Just research Barabus and you will find the scams he has been up to and the communities he has used the same FUD tactics on to accomplish the same goals.
+10000

Everyone knows barabbas is a joke lol most coin communities know also just a little research will show it all Wink just look at his previous posts in the pinkcoin thread loll same BS offering them a special deal BUT he needs........wait for it.......DONATIONS!! LOLOLOL then the community laughed at him and he quickly "removed his offer off the table" hmmm sound familiar Wink lol now he just trolls them like he trolls vericoin lol full time job!

To me he's like vericoins pet spider monkey, he just can't stop throwing shitting everywhere... got to dodge all the shit in here to actually read any informative posts, but he sure does keep it entertaining Smiley

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
ereborltc

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 07:32:56 AM

OH man barabbas your already wreaking havoc in the BRO thread LOLOLOL i thought that coin was the next big thing! Wow u get sadder and sadder every day ... you must be so lonely ;(

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
lootz
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 08:07:39 AM

End of story.

+10000

Everyone knows barabbas is a joke lol most coin communities know also just a little research will show it all Wink just look at his previous posts in the pinkcoin thread loll same BS offering them a special deal BUT he needs........wait for it.......DONATIONS!! LOLOLOL then the community laughed at him and he quickly "removed his offer off the table" hmmm sound familiar Wink lol now he just trolls them like he trolls vericoin lol full time job!

To me he's like vericoins pet spider monkey, he just can't stop throwing shitting everywhere... got to dodge all the shit in here to actually read any informative posts, but he sure does keep it entertaining Smiley

Werd   if anyone has REAL questions regarding tech or plans go directly to the source. That specific coins forum, in this case it would be..https://www.vericoinforums.com. Some peple concentrate on the price....some of us are amazed at the work being done... I watch developers working there ass off daily, but come over to the real forums and make some friends. We are all in crypto together, ignore the FUD as I stated several times FUD has purpose, buy cheap why else would you waste your time writing pages of FUD lol think about it then come to a better place https://www.vericoinforums.com
altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 01:01:57 PM

Any reason for to current drop in price ?

Yes, there is a reason. The market is disinterested and apathetic about VeriCoin. Apart from failures and disappointments the devs being delivering nothing for the market, consequently the price is low. When the VRC devs announce such irrational shambles like the decentralized cloud storage then the investors just say, oh dear, here we are again, another pathetic vericoin idea, and the investors put the money into more sensible ideas.

Don't get me wrong, the VRC devs are very nice, talented and intelligent young men, but unfortunately their inexperience in business and the arrogance of youth prevent them to understand their target audience, business in general, incorporate good ideas and valuable suggestions from intelligent and experienced users like Barabbas, Monsieur Lupin, Kleineapp, etc. As most of their professional and life experience is from a PhD student lab, they just don't have the skills to perform this business (yet) and can't deliver a thing that worth any investments. That's the reality. That's why the price is 8k. What cheerleaders, fanboys says about how great Vericoin is irrelevant, the price speaks for itself.

However, as the market disapproves basically everything that VRC delivers, the devs will be getting desperate soon (just like they were desperate not long time ago when James offered his deal and the devs being under pressure, mainly from us, and took that offer). Then, the devs will admit that the cloud storage, VeriBit, VeriSMS, VISA card and other delusional nonsenses is not valued by the market nor crypto currency users, and then they will start thinking about to deliver something that matters. I think in long term VRC will be fine, because the devs are intelligent enough to learn from their own mistake, but this unnecessary long chain of irrational ideas like the decentralized cloud storage could be certainly avoided by being more open minded and less arrogant.

effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 01:23:58 PM

Yes, there is a reason. The market is disinterested and apathetic about VeriCoin. Apart from failures and disappointments the devs being delivering nothing for the market, consequently the price is low. When the VRC devs announce such irrational shambles like the decentralized cloud storage then the investors just say, oh dear, here we are again, another pathetic vericoin idea, and the investors put the money into more sensible ideas.

Don't get me wrong, the VRC devs are very nice, talented and intelligent young men, but unfortunately their inexperience in business and the arrogance of youth prevent them to understand their target audience, business in general, incorporate good ideas and valuable suggestions from intelligent and experienced users like Barabbas, Monsieur Lupin, Kleineapp, etc. As most of their professional and life experience is from a PhD student lab, they just don't have the skills to perform this business (yet) and can't deliver a thing that worth any investments. That's the reality. That's why the price is 8k. What cheerleaders, fanboys says about how great Vericoin is irrelevant, the price speaks for itself.

However, as the market disapproves basically everything that VRC delivers, the devs will be getting desperate soon (just like they were desperate not long time ago when James offered his deal and the devs being under pressure, mainly from us, and took that offer). Then, the devs will admit that the cloud storage, VeriBit, VeriSMS, VISA card and other delusional nonsenses is not valued by the market nor crypto currency users, and then they will start thinking about to deliver something that matters. I think in long term VRC will be fine, because the devs are intelligent enough to learn from their own mistake, but this unnecessary long chain of irrational ideas like the decentralized cloud storage could be certainly avoided by being more open minded and less arrogant.

AltcoinUK, I appreciate your balanced approach to giving criticism here.  Thanks.  I do appreciate constructive criticism, it's what all people need to grow and change, it's just hard to hear when it's unbalanced and overly critical.  Ultimately I am a scientist, I want as close to objectivity as possible.  What do you think is our best move at this point?  I wonder what it is you think would be a great addition to the technology.  
Also although I have over 5 years of full time C++ coding experience, I had never done an opensource github project before so I didn't understand all the github conventions when we started this coin.  So ultimately it looked like a scam coin github, lol, because I didn't fork it properly and so on.  I have since improved the github and have started adding updates to the protocol and have started a new phase of coding novel protocol updates. https://github.com/vericoin/vericoin
altcoinUK

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 01:36:29 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2014, 02:18:13 PM by altcoinUK

AltCoinUK and Barabbas:
1. I had nothing to do with any negotiations with Moolah.
2. I had nothing to do with any negotiations with CoinSis.

Still, if you see yourself as a leader one would expect you learn from that shambles about Moolah and CoinSis, but you obviously don't. If you would, then you wouldn't label any suggestions, criticism as FUD, you would be more open minded to suggestions and you certainly wouldn't tell investors that gtfo. You must know, we did the due diligence about Moolah in here in the UK, I shared that info with the VRC devs and community. The reaction from the average 24 years old fanboy base, dev team and idiots like your buddy that ereborltc boy was that the info is FUD, the cooperation with Moolah will change the world and no one should question what the devs do. The arrogant Nosker even kicked me out from IRC because I said a few uncomplimentary comments about Moolah. Now the CEO of Moolah is wanted by the Interpol. The Moolah cooperation business plan was drafted in a PhD student lab by ignoring reality, and when your great business partner is hunted by the Interpol, then the market see how amateur the VRC team is and the 8k price reflects that amateurism.

Still, you are repeating the same mistake terms of ignorance with other users here. You have the luxury to get well thought, logical and constructive opinion from very intelligent users like Barabbas, Monsieur Lupin, Kleineapp, etc, for free, but you not only ignore them (which is a very stupid act from a leader), but you tell them that gtfo and don't FUD here. Barabbas' suggestion about the transparent theme was a great idea, his pamphlet draft was genius because it pushed a simple and very powerful message, about the corrupt Banks vs. honest digital currencies. What do you do with that idea? Of course nothing, except letting your brigade harassing him because there are a few typos in the pamphlet draft.

In the meantime, you roll out ideas like decentralized storage without proper market analysis, revenue projection, market share projection, analysis of your competitors and target audience. Do you have a business plan? Of course you don't have - your cloud storage idea is based on pure speculation. No wonder users question your idea as you have not provided the community with any sensible analysis to justify your idea. I know, you and the devs don't have to justify anything - so lets repeat the Moolah mistake on a bigger stage by enabling the store of child pornography on the block chain without generating any revenue. What a great idea to get into serious trouble without generating any revenues.

I've found success in other areas - mainly in the entertainment industry but also in marketing.

I was the owner/operator of www.GiantStarRecords.com - A professional recording studio in Calgary that focused mostly on Hip Hop.
*It's been closed since 2012 and I now live in Florida.

As I thought you have no experience in business apart from organizing some web site venture, thanks for confirming that. No wonder, you have no leadership skills. If you would have you would start with the basics and being worried about the image of VRC and you would control your desperate fanboy brigade, users like that idiot ereborltc who is being uncivil and harassing users here. I bet, you even thanked him on your forum for stepping up to defend you. You should understand, the image of Vericoin is not depending on Barabbas and altcoinUK, but on the VRC devs and your brigade.  The devs (most of the time ) are very professional, but you have lots of work to do to control your brigade instead of worrying what "FUDers" write here.

Right now you may sneer at $1.15/share... seems ridiculous. I know.
But as it stands... with the features it has... VeriCoin is a MUCH better, more useful Digital Currency than BitCoin.

That's just ridiculous and pure delusion. Marketing your digital currency as more useful than Bitcoin is not only factually incorrect (see my posts about green address, and other options already enabled by the BTC blockchain), but it isn't a viable proposition, it is like selling ice to Eskimos, because in such business venture you face two issues
a) your freely available ice is same as the existing freely available ice
b) the Eskimos need to walk a bit longer to get the very same ice
altcoinUK

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 02:35:17 PM

AltcoinUK, I appreciate your balanced approach to giving criticism here.  Thanks.  I do appreciate constructive criticism, it's what all people need to grow and change, it's just hard to hear when it's unbalanced and overly critical.  Ultimately I am a scientist, I want as close to objectivity as possible.  What do you think is our best move at this point?  I wonder what it is you think would be a great addition to the technology.  
Also although I have over 5 years of full time C++ coding experience, I had never done an opensource github project before so I didn't understand all the github conventions when we started this coin.  So ultimately it looked like a scam coin github, lol, because I didn't fork it properly and so on.  I have since improved the github and have started adding updates to the protocol and have started a new phase of coding novel protocol updates. https://github.com/vericoin/vericoin

Before getting into the technicalities, in my opinion there is a bigger problem, your marketing and current theme. Your current message that VRC is better than BTC doesn't say anything for the mass, your target audience. If I would be you, I would push very strongly the theme that Barabbas has put forward here, the Bank vs. honest, pure digital currency message. Two young scientists offers alternatives to greedy and corrupt banks, it's a perfectly marketable theme, even people like me who don't speak English a great deal get that Banks vs. people friendly digital currency message immediately.

As for in which area to progress, if James could collect 5 million $ and Ethereum was able to collect 25 million $ then one would think your transparent team - that terms of marketability is in a far better position than James and terms of marketability you are in the same league as the Ethereum team - is in a prime seat to be successful in this market. Still your coin is in a very bad shape. I fully understand you don't have the resource that Ethereum has, on the other hand James demonstrated that small scale operation and a clear and sensible idea could be successful even in this dried out market. In my opinion, pick up a blockchain 2 feature, something that can be incorporated into your blockchain. I fully get that's what you try to achieve with the decentralized storage, but that use case is not a good idea (see above your community tells it's why not a good idea). So what is the area to progress? In my opinion, either the decentralized marketplace or decentralized exchange, terms of software engineering both of them doable just like you can do the decentralized cloud storage. One thing is sure, you need to do something terms of software development to have a unique selling point and be more than one of the +500 BTC/LTC forks.
I am sure you will figure out :-)) the main ingredients to success are consistency and not giving up, and scientists like yourself have those attributes.
egyptocoin

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 03:00:08 PM

Before getting into the technicalities, in my opinion there is a bigger problem, your marketing and current theme. Your current message that VRC is better than BTC doesn't say anything for the mass, your target audience. If I would be you, I would push very strongly the theme that Barabbas has put forward here, the Bank vs. honest, pure digital currency message. Two young scientists offers alternatives to greedy and corrupt banks, it's a perfectly marketable theme, even people like me who don't speak English a great deal get that Banks vs. people friendly digital currency message immediately.

As for in which area to progress, if James could collect 5 million $ and Ethereum was able to collect 25 million $ then one would think your transparent team - that terms of marketability is in a far better position than James and terms of marketability you are in the same league as the Ethereum team - is in a prime seat to be successful in this market. Still your coin is in a very bad shape. I fully understand you don't have the resource that Ethereum has, on the other hand James demonstrated that small scale operation and a clear and sensible idea could be successful even in this dried out market. In my opinion, pick up a blockchain 2 feature, something that can be incorporated into your blockchain. I fully get that's what you try to achieve with the decentralized storage, but that use case is not a good idea (see above your community tells it's why not a good idea). So what is the area to progress? In my opinion, either the decentralized marketplace or decentralized exchange, terms of software engineering both of them doable just like you can do the decentralized cloud storage. One thing is sure, you need to do something terms of software development to have a unique selling point and be more than one of the +500 BTC/LTC forks.
I am sure you will figure out :-)) the main ingredients to success are consistency and not giving up, and scientists like yourself have those attributes.

You know if you were 1/10th less arrogant about your "opinions" you might make it easier for the dev to understand. Even if I were to agree with you 100% you come off as an arrogant twat. I have no connections other than trading with this coin. Considering how well it has held up with the performance of many coins as of late VRC is still holding on. While manys coin took a dump in this past month VRC rallied, and is still holding 8-9k mark. It's not exemplary, but this coin in comparison vs other btc 2.0 coins this one has dredged a path whilst under serious competition, and than the "bailout" "roll-back" whatever you want to call it at least showed us the dev is all in wether what they did was wanted or not.

One big red flag from your post is this - price doesn't dictate anything more than interest at this point.(Even then it's still speculation) If I understand you correctly you're equating the price with interest in the coin, and the consequence from lack of genuine innovation. So in other words if the price was 10x higher you wouldn't make a peep? My 2 cents for what it's worth. "I am sure you will figure out :-)) the main ingredients to success are consistency and not giving up, and scientists like yourself have those attributes." At least that portion was semi-nice.
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 03:25:50 PM

My point about anon was, that it was voted out (i did not say i wanted anon added)  , this cloud seems much worse to me.
The Datacenter i was talking about is how u would provide quality of service.
All those sharing apps u mention how many of those pay u actual money to share?
They would be the internet providers that your stealing money from.
I know you might think stealing  a few pennies from that big company is not so bad i disagree.
It completly taints vrc by providing such a service.

and clearly the market agrees with me or i with it.

Spam more  "anti" fud blabla , instead of explaining to me and everyone else still holding this coin why this isnt true.

Saying VRC did well past month is simply not true we got a little supernet bump and now we are down where it was before.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
effectsToCause (OP)

Activity: 761
Merit: 505

VeriCoin & Verium Creator/Developer

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 03:36:10 PM

These are good points. Thanks. We will have decentralized exchanging through SuperNET so this would be redundant likely. What in a decentralized marketplace would be bought and sold? Question to the community, what would you want to buy in a decentralized marketplace with VRC?
egyptocoin

Activity: 231

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 04:44:53 PM

The first coin to have a feature where the biggest fuders fight the dev in real life like a spanish bull fight (for ever sat it goes up we hit them with poisoned blow darts), and we can bet on the winner is going to the moon - I say VRC step up to the plate - cement its position in history. Don't stand by the wayside as weedcoin version 4.20 integrate it first, and were all just eating loses because of the prolonged indecision.

Fuders = (not someone with an actual criticism to be beneficial)

A. Someone without a real complaint just trying to minipulate price on the basis of their financial position. Usually not winners, and normally late to criticize.
B. Some that's just a real jerk, and I believe giving to those that want, and in this case it's an ass-kicking. Everyone wins, fuder gets attention VRC wins another brawl, and we get to watch internet powerlifters get taken down one dart at a time.

(This post is not serious. Think of it as a thread bump, or it is serious, and you have assburgers. Sorry, cue the sad rusty trumbones)
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 06:48:35 PM

Decentralized exchange? But people could sell drugs weapons and child porn there altcoinuk

Altcoinuk, im sure you have no technical knowlegde or what ever.
all you can say/repeat is blockchain 2.0 and decentralized exchange/marketplace.
there are dozens of these projects which will be finished soon.
it would make zero sense to start developing it for vrc now.
do something that is unique and innovative.

The cloud storage industry is rising with exponential growth - there are studies that show a 200+ billion marketcap by 2018

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Isokoira

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 07:12:36 PM

For anyone who thinks that decentralized cloud storage is not something that will be either beneficial or lucrative to the ones who get in on the ground floor first, you are certainly mislead.  This is coming from an IT professional, lots of opportunity here.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is severely mislead and or doesn't know crap about technology and what the future of it will be like.  Everything is going cloud you dumb asses.  Check out storj.io.  They are on the ground floor already.  No response needed.  Thanks for the entertainment.
Pages: « 1 ... 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 [839] 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 ... 961 »
  Print  

Jump to: