Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:50:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box  (Read 186878 times)
Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 09:15:42 PM

Hmm... just got my Single today in the mail (excited!!). Easy miner, however, only lets me choose the radiobubble for "Administrative Options". All the others are greyed out. I can, however, mine with BitMinter, and firmware upload works great. How do I enable mining straight from EasyMiner?

In addition... I ran diagnostics, and kinda surprised at the results. 34 throttles (my room is cold... 68F), and 5 errors on the 100 test :/. Did I do something wrong? Sad

Check to see that the heatsink's fix pins haven't worked loose in shipping.  If the heatsink is firmly in place, then run the auto-tune feature to get your unit at peak performance relative to the operating environment.

Tightened the screws a bit, trying again Smiley  I tried autotune but after about an hour it still wasn't done so I stopped the autotune process... how long is it supossed to take? And I keep getting this:

2012.07.05 [15:12]  BitFORCE (COM4) ERROR: Extraneous data received: NO-NONCE
2012.07.05 [15:14]  BitFORCE (COM4) ERROR: ZFX command timed out. Retries: 0

Hmm... just got my Single today in the mail (excited!!). Easy miner, however, only lets me choose the radiobubble for "Administrative Options". All the others are greyed out. I can, however, mine with BitMinter, and firmware upload works great. How do I enable mining straight from EasyMiner?

In addition... I ran diagnostics, and kinda surprised at the results. 34 throttles (my room is cold... 68F), and 5 errors on the 100 test :/. Did I do something wrong? Sad

when did you order your single?

I ordered my single ~30th of April, 2012.

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Askit2

Activity: 981
Merit: 500

DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 09:26:39 PM

The lower the firmware that the unit has to run the longer it will take to autotune. When I ran it on mine hoping for a firmware with logic to declock when close to the thermal threshold for my unit I was suprized how long it took. Either let it run or start lower like 808 and work up until it throttles at a 1K test. It will seemingly be faster to use autotune though as it tests for a shorter time and I am unsure how it decides what firmware to actually use but did settle on the one for me that actually matched my testing by hand.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
......SECURITY DECENTRALIZED...
BFL-Engineer

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 09:28:38 PM

Check to see that the heatsink's fix pins haven't worked loose in shipping.  If the heatsink is firmly in place, then run the auto-tune feature to get your unit at peak performance relative to the operating environment.

Tightened the screws a bit, trying again Smiley  I tried autotune but after about an hour it still wasn't done so I stopped the autotune process... how long is it supossed to take? And I keep getting this:

Auto-tune must not be aborted by force, since it updates the firmware from time to time. If aborted during firmware
upload, the unit needs to be reflashed, since the data in it's flash is no longer valid and the unit won't process or initialize.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

BF Labs Inc.  www.butterflylabs.com   -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 09:30:08 PM

The lower the firmware that the unit has to run the longer it will take to autotune. When I ran it on mine hoping for a firmware with logic to declock when close to the thermal threshold for my unit I was suprized how long it took. Either let it run or start lower like 808 and work up until it throttles at a 1K test. It will seemingly be faster to use autotune though as it tests for a shorter time and I am unsure how it decides what firmware to actually use but did settle on the one for me that actually matched my testing by hand.
In my case, the firmware takes exactly 3 minutes and 20 seconds to load, and then testing must be done outside of each firmware load, progressing upward until there are errors, and then backing back down.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 09:32:19 PM

Auto-tune must not be aborted by force, since it updates the firmware from time to time. If aborted during firmware
upload, the unit needs to be reflashed, since the data in it's flash is no longer valid and the unit won't process or initialize.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Alright, how long should auto-tune take to finish then?

BFL-Engineer

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 09:47:45 PM

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

For each firmware that is being tested, about 200 jobs are processed. If during any of that 200 jobs,
the unit throttles or produces a bad nonce, then AutoTuner immediately proceeds with updating a slower
firmware. This cycle continues until for some firmware, the 200 jobs are processed without any errors
or throttles. That firmware would be reported by Easyminer as the stable firmware for that unit.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 09:54:12 PM

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

For each firmware that is being tested, about 200 jobs are processed. If during any of that 200 jobs,
the unit throttles or produces a bad nonce, then AutoTuner immediately proceeds with updating a slower
firmware. This cycle continues until for some firmware, the 200 jobs are processed without any errors
or throttles. That firmware would be reported by Easyminer as the stable firmware for that unit.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Thanks for clearing that up! One last question, is EasyMiner supposed to support mining, as the radio buttons for that are greyed out...

BFL-Engineer

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 09:56:29 PM

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Thanks for clearing that up! One last question, is EasyMiner supposed to support mining, as the radio buttons for that are greyed out...

We're working on that part as we speak.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4438
Merit: 1794

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 10:05:39 PM

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.
Sigh - wasted effort for a company that never seems to have time to fix anything.
It will only ever be a 2nd class miner compared to .... others ....

Why not do something useful like:
1) make a better bitstream that doesn't use polling
2) make a bitstream that allows changing the clock
3) Did the 792 bitstream ever get fixed?
4) Make a faster bitstream again for people who are running fine on the fastest one
5) Fix the MiniRig nonce range ............

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 10:06:09 PM

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Ahh, thank you  Smiley

BFL-Engineer

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 10:51:53 PM

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.
Sigh - wasted effort for a company that never seems to have time to fix anything.

4) Make a faster bitstream again for people who are running fine on the fastest one

Creating a miner that can handle 8TH of processing power without being hit by network
latency is a tough task. Also, we'll be releasing a couple of new firmwares this weekend.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

kano
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 11:03:26 PM

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Creating a miner that can handle 8TH of processing power without being hit by network
latency is a tough task. Also, we'll be releasing a couple of new firmwares this weekend.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.
Well, it's Friday morning here - so I'm looking forward to bitstreams ...

P.S. the network issues resolving mining at 8TH/s are:
1) Higher difficulty shares
2) Better rolltime

cgminer already supports both

Any other change is a change to the protocol that doesn't exist yet Smiley

P.S. FYI cgminer can already produce 90 shares per work requested on a RigBox

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
uuidman

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 12:34:58 AM

BitMinter client v1.3.0beta1 running the MiniRig

Hahaha Whoops I just realized I am Missing one device!

Heh, first I thought you mean you are missing a mini-rig, didnt you get two ?
But I see either 17 o 18 boards inside, hey yours is easier to move and strong still  Smiley
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 12:53:15 AM

Kano - can we go back and discuss the network issues.  Another thread - I know we have that other one (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89029.20) but I don't think anything ever got resolved. I would really like to discuss this issue to a conclusion and have a direction to go.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
kano
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 02:09:05 AM

There are a few solutions to this.

... including mine that no one seems likely to consider even though it is directly based on the design of Bitcoin.
It is the simplest, most directly related to the issue, is an extremely long term solution, however, will require a hard fork

All the other solutions are IMO a hack to get around having to hard fork.
So far they all seem to be either very short term (pointless) or moving transaction processing onto the miner's computer (a hack) by either putting it directly into the miner or running a pool interface that has this code in a separate program 'next' to the miner.

There's a few threads on the subject with different ideas.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 02:30:54 AM

I'd like to discuss this, but in a different thread.  I also disagree with anything requiring a hard fork at this point.  Moving work generation to the client seems like a logical step and I don't see it as a hack at all.

I would also propose a bulk getwork and submitwork protocol.  But either way, lets discuss in a different thread.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1622

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 10:52:42 AM

I've just released cgminer 2.5.0 which has full minirig and substantially updated single support.

Alas, it's not like I actually own a minirig, but some generous donating and temporary remote access allowed me to work on the code for it. Note that this was a laptop connected to 2 minirigs, each with 17 devices in it. The silicon quality apparently varies from device to device which is why they're 2 speeds in this example. Note that this machine was generating 50Ghash, with an efficiency over 9000  Wink and the CPU usage was recording 1%.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 11:07:58 AM

I've just released cgminer 2.5.0 which has full minirig and substantially updated single support.

Con, thanks for all of your hard work.
leofar

Activity: 153

Злoбный Ыx

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 02:09:21 PM

BFL doesn't answer on my e-mails, so I write here. Maybe they answer me.
BFL, you are shipping May orders now, but I still don't receive even a tracking number for my 4/18 order. I e-mailed you about this issue at 07/01 but you don't answer me.
Since 09/21/2011 I've sent to you over $20,000 and received only a one Single which waited for 209 days and now you ignore me again. Can I expect a tiny attention on your part for this money?
BFL, why do you divide your customers in whites and blacks?
Whites receive their orders in time and niggers will receives their orders when whites return trade-in singles. Am I right?

Плюнy в yxo, yкyшy зa нoc...
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 02:23:32 PM

@leofar,

The N word - really?

I understand your frustration but no need for that...

Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: