Bitcoin Forum
December 07, 2016, 10:46:06 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box  (Read 176403 times)
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 06:31:29 PM

All the rigs I have seen have 17 units in them. Are you saying there are some 18 unit rigs out there?

Come on, man! You're supposed to know everything BFL!

But seriously, are you counting to 17 starting from 0, or from 1?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 06:43:28 PM

From 0 of course!  ttyUSB0 - ttyUSB16 is all I've seen.

Does someone actually have a rig with 18 units that are enumerating as ttyUSB17 for the last one?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 06:46:31 PM

Does someone actually have a rig with 18 units that are enumerating as ttyUSB17 for the last one?

Giga's thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88813.0

Links to his BAMT here: http://gigamining.com/mgpumon/

The last 2 rigs have 36 and then 18 devices.

heavyb

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 07:23:45 PM

Hmm... just got my Single today in the mail (excited!!). Easy miner, however, only lets me choose the radiobubble for "Administrative Options". All the others are greyed out. I can, however, mine with BitMinter, and firmware upload works great. How do I enable mining straight from EasyMiner?

In addition... I ran diagnostics, and kinda surprised at the results. 34 throttles (my room is cold... 68F), and 5 errors on the 100 test :/. Did I do something wrong? Sad

when did you order your single?

BFL

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 07:37:58 PM

Hmm... just got my Single today in the mail (excited!!). Easy miner, however, only lets me choose the radiobubble for "Administrative Options". All the others are greyed out. I can, however, mine with BitMinter, and firmware upload works great. How do I enable mining straight from EasyMiner?

In addition... I ran diagnostics, and kinda surprised at the results. 34 throttles (my room is cold... 68F), and 5 errors on the 100 test :/. Did I do something wrong? Sad

Check to see that the heatsink's fix pins haven't worked loose in shipping.  If the heatsink is firmly in place, then run the auto-tune feature to get your unit at peak performance relative to the operating environment.

Butterfly Labs  -  www.butterflylabs.com  -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 09:01:35 PM

All 4 of GIGA's units have 18...

http://gigamining.com/mgpumon/

Note the last two miners (particularly 119)

Umm... didn't I just post that like 2 hours ago?

Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 09:15:42 PM

Check to see that the heatsink's fix pins haven't worked loose in shipping.  If the heatsink is firmly in place, then run the auto-tune feature to get your unit at peak performance relative to the operating environment.

Tightened the screws a bit, trying again Smiley  I tried autotune but after about an hour it still wasn't done so I stopped the autotune process... how long is it supossed to take? And I keep getting this:

2012.07.05 [15:12]  BitFORCE (COM4) ERROR: Extraneous data received: NO-NONCE
2012.07.05 [15:14]  BitFORCE (COM4) ERROR: ZFX command timed out. Retries: 0

I ordered my single ~30th of April, 2012.

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757.0
Askit2

Activity: 524

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 09:26:39 PM

The lower the firmware that the unit has to run the longer it will take to autotune. When I ran it on mine hoping for a firmware with logic to declock when close to the thermal threshold for my unit I was suprized how long it took. Either let it run or start lower like 808 and work up until it throttles at a 1K test. It will seemingly be faster to use autotune though as it tests for a shorter time and I am unsure how it decides what firmware to actually use but did settle on the one for me that actually matched my testing by hand.

I appreciate donations at ( 1NwkQdmomQPLtdes5KuZhB1D22p7ZGRy4p )
If I am helping in the CGMiner thread give it to Con or Kano. They do the work there.
If you want to sign up for a coinbase account I would appreciate it if you use my referral link. US people now wire, 1% fee give or take a little for sending to your bank account. https://coinbase.com/?r=515bf6145682db9d11000028&utm_campaign=user-referral&src=
BFL-Engineer

Activity: 227

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 09:28:38 PM

Tightened the screws a bit, trying again Smiley  I tried autotune but after about an hour it still wasn't done so I stopped the autotune process... how long is it supossed to take? And I keep getting this:

Auto-tune must not be aborted by force, since it updates the firmware from time to time. If aborted during firmware
upload, the unit needs to be reflashed, since the data in it's flash is no longer valid and the unit won't process or initialize.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

BF Labs Inc.  www.butterflylabs.com   -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
rjk

Activity: 420

1ngldh

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 09:30:08 PM

The lower the firmware that the unit has to run the longer it will take to autotune. When I ran it on mine hoping for a firmware with logic to declock when close to the thermal threshold for my unit I was suprized how long it took. Either let it run or start lower like 808 and work up until it throttles at a 1K test. It will seemingly be faster to use autotune though as it tests for a shorter time and I am unsure how it decides what firmware to actually use but did settle on the one for me that actually matched my testing by hand.
In my case, the firmware takes exactly 3 minutes and 20 seconds to load, and then testing must be done outside of each firmware load, progressing upward until there are errors, and then backing back down.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 09:32:19 PM

Auto-tune must not be aborted by force, since it updates the firmware from time to time. If aborted during firmware
upload, the unit needs to be reflashed, since the data in it's flash is no longer valid and the unit won't process or initialize.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Alright, how long should auto-tune take to finish then?

BFL-Engineer

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 09:47:45 PM

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

For each firmware that is being tested, about 200 jobs are processed. If during any of that 200 jobs,
the unit throttles or produces a bad nonce, then AutoTuner immediately proceeds with updating a slower
firmware. This cycle continues until for some firmware, the 200 jobs are processed without any errors
or throttles. That firmware would be reported by Easyminer as the stable firmware for that unit.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 09:54:12 PM

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

For each firmware that is being tested, about 200 jobs are processed. If during any of that 200 jobs,
the unit throttles or produces a bad nonce, then AutoTuner immediately proceeds with updating a slower
firmware. This cycle continues until for some firmware, the 200 jobs are processed without any errors
or throttles. That firmware would be reported by Easyminer as the stable firmware for that unit.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Thanks for clearing that up! One last question, is EasyMiner supposed to support mining, as the radio buttons for that are greyed out...

BFL-Engineer

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 09:56:29 PM

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Thanks for clearing that up! One last question, is EasyMiner supposed to support mining, as the radio buttons for that are greyed out...

We're working on that part as we speak.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 1918

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 10:05:39 PM

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.
Sigh - wasted effort for a company that never seems to have time to fix anything.
It will only ever be a 2nd class miner compared to .... others ....

Why not do something useful like:
1) make a better bitstream that doesn't use polling
2) make a bitstream that allows changing the clock
3) Did the 792 bitstream ever get fixed?
4) Make a faster bitstream again for people who are running fine on the fastest one
5) Fix the MiniRig nonce range ............

Pool: https://kano.is BTC: 1KanoiBupPiZfkwqB7rfLXAzPnoTshAVmb
CKPool and CGMiner developer, IRC FreeNode #ckpool and #cgminer kanoi
Help keep Bitcoin secure by mining on pools with Stratum, the best protocol to mine Bitcoins with ASIC hardware
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 10:06:09 PM

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Ahh, thank you  Smiley

BFL-Engineer

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2012, 10:51:53 PM

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.
Sigh - wasted effort for a company that never seems to have time to fix anything.

4) Make a faster bitstream again for people who are running fine on the fastest one

Creating a miner that can handle 8TH of processing power without being hit by network
latency is a tough task. Also, we'll be releasing a couple of new firmwares this weekend.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 1918

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
July 05, 2012, 11:03:26 PM

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.

Creating a miner that can handle 8TH of processing power without being hit by network
latency is a tough task. Also, we'll be releasing a couple of new firmwares this weekend.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc.
Well, it's Friday morning here - so I'm looking forward to bitstreams ...

P.S. the network issues resolving mining at 8TH/s are:
1) Higher difficulty shares
2) Better rolltime

cgminer already supports both

Any other change is a change to the protocol that doesn't exist yet Smiley

P.S. FYI cgminer can already produce 90 shares per work requested on a RigBox

Pool: https://kano.is BTC: 1KanoiBupPiZfkwqB7rfLXAzPnoTshAVmb
CKPool and CGMiner developer, IRC FreeNode #ckpool and #cgminer kanoi
Help keep Bitcoin secure by mining on pools with Stratum, the best protocol to mine Bitcoins with ASIC hardware
uuidman

Activity: 121

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 12:34:58 AM

BitMinter client v1.3.0beta1 running the MiniRig

Hahaha Whoops I just realized I am Missing one device!

Heh, first I thought you mean you are missing a mini-rig, didnt you get two ?
But I see either 17 o 18 boards inside, hey yours is easier to move and strong still  Smiley
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 12:53:15 AM

Kano - can we go back and discuss the network issues.  Another thread - I know we have that other one (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89029.20) but I don't think anything ever got resolved. I would really like to discuss this issue to a conclusion and have a direction to go.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.