Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 11:29:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box  (Read 186878 times)
DILLIGAF

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 07:51:47 AM

It's not as if they put in their business model, "Purposefully delay customer orders 2-4 months."   Roll Eyes

Well since they have your money for that period of time they are at the very least getting the interest on that money in the bank, at worst could be running the machines for that time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 07:53:24 AM

Yep,they ARE a scam...keep thinking that & buy a bunch of those 15 month ROI devices Tongue

I'll also back them up any day  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 07:53:58 AM

Holllllllllaaaaaaaaa

cuz0882

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 08:27:41 AM

Only someone who was benefiting from BFL would backup such a poor business model..(Inaba) Unless your name is rjk and your sole purpose is to irritate the largest audience possible in every thread. Give it a rest already.. We don't need your English lessons just because you don't agree with a statement, but have nothing logical to say in your defense.
They are a startup business with more orders than they can fill.  It's not as if they put in their business model, "Purposefully delay customer orders 2-4 months."   Roll Eyes
There business model is to intentionally lie about order guarantee dates. They are clearly aware, that no orders are being filled in 4-6 weeks. Even if you email them after there guaranteed time has past, they just give another bogus deadline. After that deadline is up, email them again. They give you another unrealistic delivery date. Seems like they have politicians setting up the business model down there.. No one is expecting miracles, a little honesty would be nice though.
BFL-Engineer

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 08:37:42 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2012, 10:26:43 AM by BFL-Engineer

Only someone who was benefiting from BFL would backup such a poor business model..(Inaba) Unless your name is rjk and your sole purpose is to irritate the largest audience possible in every thread. Give it a rest already.. We don't need your English lessons just because you don't agree with a statement, but have nothing logical to say in your defense.
They are a startup business with more orders than they can fill.  It's not as if they put in their business model, "Purposefully delay customer orders 2-4 months."   Roll Eyes
There business model is to intentionally lie about order guarantee dates. They are clearly aware, that no orders are being filled in 4-6 weeks. Even if you email them after there guaranteed time has past, they just give another bogus deadline. After that deadline is up, email them again. They give you another unrealistic delivery date. Seems like they have politicians setting up the business model down there.. No one is expecting miracles, a little honesty would be nice though.

Well we usually don't respond to these kinds of posts. However, to let everyone know why the delay ever existed, I'll go a little into details.

The first unit produced was the Rev A boards which we demonstrated and ran a test with Inaba (our first personal contact with the community).
The Rev A did all that it was supposed to, and we were exactly within our deadline. However, due to higher power consumption we hadn't
predicted, the Rev A got quite hot and we concluded  that it was best not to send the Rev A for production. We were forced into going
with two more prototypes to meet our desired specs. The two prototyping stages in addition to chinese unusually long holidays, created the initial
delay (and offset) in our delivery schedule.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc

BF Labs Inc.  www.butterflylabs.com   -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 09:59:33 AM

You go BF Labs!

abeaulieu

Activity: 295

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 12:49:22 PM

Well we usually don't respond to these kinds of posts. However, to let everyone know why the delay ever existed, I'll go a little into details.

The first unit produced was the Rev A boards which we demonstrated and ran a test with Inaba (our first personal contact with the community).
The Rev A did all that it was supposed to, and we were exactly within our deadline. However, due to higher power consumption we hadn't
predicted, the Rev A got quite hot and we concluded  that it was best not to send the Rev A for production. We were forced into going
with two more prototypes to meet our desired specs. The two prototyping stages in addition to chinese unusually long holidays, created the initial

Regards,
BF Labs Inc

Thanks for the response. I think what the community has largely been responding/reacting to is the fact that BFL never openly addressed this latency in shipment. Until now, these posts were ignored and your website kept the "4-6 week guarantee." A lot of members probably would have been less disgruntled had this post been made sooner and if a note on your website saying "we are experiencing a delay of XX weeks in order to deliver you a better product."

Regardless, better late than never. Thanks for the post.

-Andrew
bombo999 (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 01:21:26 PM

Regards,
BF Labs Inc

That's all fine and good to explain the initial delay while developing the initial prototypes.  However as far as anyone knows based on posted delivery times in this forum, there has yet to be a single delivered in less than 60 days.  Why the resistance to posting a realistic delivery date on your website. 
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 01:31:08 PM

I don't understand why any of you are complaining. Do you have money with BFL and they have not delivered your product?

I've paid BFL more money than most, and you don't see me complaining.

I would recommend that you either do you due diligence and make your purchases, or get left behind.
steamboat

Activity: 648
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 01:42:00 PM

I don't understand why any of you are complaining. Do you have money with BFL and they have not delivered your product?

I would recommend that you either do you due diligence and make your purchases, or get left behind.

are you saying if i don't buy a single kirk cameron will make another movie?

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 01:52:00 PM

are you saying if i don't buy a single kirk cameron will make another movie?

I would not wish that on my worst enemy....
ice_chill

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 02:35:38 PM

Like to boast eh ? but it's not just earning the money but how you earned it, it's one thing running a few video cards when Bitcoin was worth $30 and the difficulty level quote low, sitting back and getting the money almost for free, then sending it to another company...
it's completely different working a 9 to 5 job everyday sweating and saving up at $7 per hour..
tgmarks
Donator

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 02:45:01 PM

If you only make $7 per hour at your 9-5, I think you would find a better investment for your money to be in some higher education.  That will be worth a lot more in the long run than some coins.

jamesg
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 03:35:38 PM

Like to boast eh ?

I'm stating facts. These facts are known. Just because your reactions to the facts are negative, did not mean that my comments were meant that way.

My comments are meant to show that if others do you homework, get to know the guys at BFL instead of complaining, they would see that BFL is legit and that their intentions are honorable.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 03:47:13 PM

If you only make $7 per hour at your 9-5, I think you would find a better investment for your money to be in some higher education.  That will be worth a lot more in the long run than some coins.

+1   
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 04:03:11 PM

Maybe they have always believed that they could fill the orders in 4-6 weeks?  Even though orders from December were waiting for 3-4 months, they thought that they could get all caught up within the next month, so they didn't want to change their text?

Either way, they still offer a full refund if they don't ship it out within that timeframe.

I don't understand why people are making such a big deal out of this.  Is it not just as simple as not ordering from them if you don't like the way they do business?  They aren't scammers - they are shipping out the units to everyone who has ordered them.  They just have more orders than they can currently fill.

At this point, the only "wrongdoing" of BFL is that they underestimated how long it would take them to get units out the door.  Big deal - it happens with a lot of companies.  Duke Nukem Forever, anybody?  And yet people are harping on them as if they took everyone's money and skipped town entirely.

Grow up people, seriously.  Just because they didn't make their deadline doesn't mean they are a company of the devil.
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 04:29:09 PM

I'd rather suffer through the extra two or three weeks waiting to ship than to suffer with overheating, faulty singles.  Sounds like they found some issues with earlier versions, which would cause the shipping delay. 

The communication between BFL labs and customers could have been better, but overall I'm a happy customer.

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2012, 04:54:07 PM

it's completely different working a 9 to 5 job everyday sweating and saving up at $7 per hour..

Real men work 7 to 5 over here but for 30+ Cheesy

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 06:02:45 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2012, 06:15:02 PM by DeathAndTaxes

predicted, the Rev A got quite hot and we concluded  that it was best not to send the Rev A for production. We were forced into going with two more prototypes to meet our desired specs. The two prototyping stages in addition to chinese unusually long holidays, created the initial delay (and offset) in our delivery schedule.

Regards,
BF Labs Inc

Which is perfectly understandable.  What really set you apart as a solid operator is when you knew you had no possible chance of meeting a 6 week delivery estimate (and 4 weeks? come on).  Your corporate culture simply wouldn't stand for that kind of blatant dishonesty towards your valued customers.  Although you didn't relish the idea, you bit the bullet and leveled with the community who entrusted you not just with pre-orders but the up front capital which made your venture possible.   You took a hit when you had to increase the delivery estimate on new orders to 12-16 weeks but although there were some loud detractors most respected you more for it.  It was the right thing to do and showed you valued more than a quick buck any way possible.   We all cheered last week when you were finally able to drop the estimate to a more reasonable 8 weeks and reaffirmed your commitment to get it below the original estimate in the near future.
bombo999 (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 06:04:58 PM

totally agree
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: