Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:46:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs - Bitforce Single and Mini Rig Box  (Read 186879 times)
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 02:26:20 PM

@leofar,

The N word - really?

I understand your frustration but no need for that...
+1, that was childish and lame.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
punin

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 02:35:47 PM

@leofar,

The N word - really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llCULY1tVhs

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
fulepp

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

Risk-hedging platform for cryptocurrency investors

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 04:39:40 PM

@leofar,

The N word - really?

Although leofar has a valid point but it will be skipped as he is using improper words. I would really like to understand why BFL doesn't follow the order numbers and why they ship equipments to the well know users before the less know users... Do they think they will do a better advertisement to them?

BFL,
just ship my unit and i will tell just good things about your support and product. Smiley Even i am willing to tell everyone you were calling me every day about my product... Especially after delivery to make sure it works as it was designed by BFL engineers. So, when can I get my SC miniRig?

DavinciJ15

Activity: 780
Merit: 510

Bitcoin - helping to end bankster enslavement.

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2012, 05:22:31 PM

There is no way to change the firmware on the singles without a windows machine? Who the hell runs windows these days?
My mining farm of 8 computers uses a free version of windows.  That's right there is a free version of windows but it's not for the average user as it's command line only with very little GUI.  However you can install MSI After Burner and few other GUI software.

It's called Windows 20008 Hyper-v core.
The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 05:28:49 PM

Does that mean nmcbit is nearly 18000 years into the future?  Must be tough to find a block there...  or really easy...
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 05:38:00 PM

Does that mean nmcbit is nearly 18000 years into the future?  Must be tough to find a block there...  or really easy...

It was obviously a type...

But anyways now I"m intrigued! You can install the ATI drivers in Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008? And run CGMiner and mine with no problems?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
leofar

Activity: 153

Злoбный Ыx

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 06:10:53 PM

@leofar,

The N word - really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llCULY1tVhs
Guys, just reread "The Adventures of Tom Sawyers" by Mark Twain. You found this word a lot of times. I don't understand why you so afraid of this word. Please, remember that it is an  international forum and USA just a small part of the Earth Globe and intra USA phobias doesn't intresting to all other countries. FYI, for a example, in Russia nigger is a absolutely neutral word but black man sounds offensive. Anyway, I love you everyone.
Best Wishes
Leonid.

Плюнy в yxo, yкyшy зa нoc...
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 06:15:20 PM

@leofar,

I am not afraid of the word - just see no need to use in your message unless your only intention was "shock and awe".

Yes, I am aware the word was used more openly in the past.  This doesn't make it correct to do so now...

The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 07:42:57 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2012, 08:17:39 PM by The00Dustin

I know that it was a typo, and I assume he does as well.  We have interacted before, and my comment was meant as a joke.  I forgot to use emoticons, or got distracted by not having the ones I wanted available (a shrug for that post, a facepalm for this one).  Wink

EDIT: To not lengthen the thread, in case you re-read this (crazyates), the reason I trimmed my quote of your post is because I have no response regarding video card drivers on Hyper-V (hopefully davincij will).
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 06, 2012, 08:03:12 PM

I know that it was a typo, and I assume he does as well.  We have interacted before, and my comment was meant as a joke.  I forgot to use emoticons, or got distracted by not having the ones I wanted available (a shrug for that post, a facepalm for this one).  Wink

Ah ok! Still my questions stands: how difficult is it to set up EasyMiner and mine with Singles on Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2012, 01:47:38 AM

@leofar,

The N word - really?

I'm pretty white and I've still not received my order either.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
fred0

Activity: 349

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 02:24:10 AM

@leofar,

The N word - really?

How does one tell race by email?
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 04:05:39 AM

@leofar,

The N word - really?

How does one tell race by email?

well, in the signature space of my emails is a picture of my big, black ass. Maybe he sends his the same way.  Tongue

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
cuz0882

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 06:04:26 AM

I received 3 more singles today. BF must have the worst quality control team in the world.  None of the screws were tightened. One had a bad fan on the bottom that was making a very loud noise. They also didn't put in the bottom rubber pieces for them to sit on. I spent about a hour taking them apart and putting them back together properly. I've never spent this kind of money and gotten such poor customer service and quality control. Hopefully they learn how to tighten screws before the SC Singles come out.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2012, 06:05:28 AM

I did the same thing cuz, then I had a hard time lining up the usb and power ports.

BitMinerN8

Activity: 626

Mining since May 2011.

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 07:37:41 AM

I received 3 more singles today. BF must have the worst quality control team in the world.  None of the screws were tightened. One had a bad fan on the bottom that was making a very loud noise. They also didn't put in the bottom rubber pieces for them to sit on. I spent about a hour taking them apart and putting them back together properly. I've never spent this kind of money and gotten such poor customer service and quality control. Hopefully they learn how to tighten screws before the SC Singles come out.
Agreed. It's right up there with how well they communicate with their customers on both pre and post sales. For the thousands of USD I have spent I expected more. Out of my first batch of five, three of my bottom fans have already failed and needed to be replaced after running for almost six weeks. In a word, shoddy. Let's hope they step it up on the SC line. (They did send me the replacement fans right away though, and extras.)

It is definitely a hands on endeavor. I have had to "tune up" each unit in some way or another wither it be loose screws, stuff rattling inside, missing feet, or fans crapping out. Maybe it has something to do with the shipping. Mine came with very little shipping material to protect them, that whole "if it fits it ships" box from the USPS is not the way to go IMO.

I am thankful I actually have BFL's to utilize all things considered with respect to lead times on order to delivery. In reality they have been less maintenance per Ghash then all my 20+ GPUs. So there is that going for them I guess.  Undecided
dave3

Activity: 344

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 07:47:07 AM

My BFL singles feel a little loose, too, but I've resisted the urge to fix them up as long as they're mining, since they'll just get sent back pretty soon to exchange for ASICs, anyway.
heavyb

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2012, 03:11:42 PM

Agreed. It's right up there with how well they communicate with their customers on both pre and post sales. For the thousands of USD I have spent I expected more. Out of my first batch of five, three of my bottom fans have already failed and needed to be replaced after running for almost six weeks. In a word, shoddy. Let's hope they step it up on the SC line. (They did send me the replacement fans right away though, and extras.)

It is definitely a hands on endeavor. I have had to "tune up" each unit in some way or another wither it be loose screws, stuff rattling inside, missing feet, or fans crapping out. Maybe it has something to do with the shipping. Mine came with very little shipping material to protect them, that whole "if it fits it ships" box from the USPS is not the way to go IMO.

I am thankful I actually have BFL's to utilize all things considered with respect to lead times on order to delivery. In reality they have been less maintenance per Ghash then all my 20+ GPUs. So there is that going for them I guess.  Undecided

I had a few issues as well with loose heat sink clamps, I had to open mine up and re attach them. It is interesting that despite the sub par customer service, shipping times and customer control, we still seem to order products, and I too am guilty of getting in on the SC line. Just a testimony to their amazing product line I guess.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 08:49:49 PM

I had a few issues as well with loose heat sink clamps, I had to open mine up and re attach them. It is interesting that despite the sub par customer service, shipping times and customer control, we still seem to order products, and I too am guilty of getting in on the SC line. Just a testimony to their amazing product line I guess.
Exactly.  People need to vote with their wallets.  The fact that BFL is still getting monies only shows that the end product is worth all the pains in getting it.
ice_chill

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 10:19:18 PM

I had a rattling bottom fan and a USB socket miss-aligned with the case so the USB cable did not go in Smiley

But it's all part of the experience, if you got it and plugged it in, and all worked then there would not be a story to tell.

Also I'd rather them ship as they did and I fix it myself, then have them do it right but delay the shipping by a few days.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: