Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:45:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 215 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Slimcoin : Proof of Burn NEW BLOCK GEN, Mineable by low power computer!  (Read 284890 times)
Yiki888

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:15:55 PM

Hi! I've been solo mining for 3 days and nothing found. (I found 2 PoW blocks at the begining and 1 PoB). Anyway, I burnt all my coins and didn't found anything Sad
Any pool available? And does someone have the slimminer compiled for Windows? Thanks!
What hash is you have ?
4K hash/S?

No Sad I only have about 1,5khash/s
..I have 6K HASH X8
A day
Only mined 5 block..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:40:40 PM

Dev, help dstrom fix p2pool !!!!
sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 12:40:52 PM

PPNS Pool is nearly complete (only thing left is fixing payments), we are doing extensive testing to ensure that everything goes smoothly once launched. Also, the share counts from the temp pool will be transferred over.

Yiki888

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:23:14 PM

PPNS Pool is nearly complete (only thing left is fixing payments), we are doing extensive testing to ensure that everything goes smoothly once launched. Also, the share counts from the temp pool will be transferred over.
waiting for it
Good job men
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 01:39:28 PM

Great stuff !

Here's the windows guide that I posted earlier in the thread to build your own optimized slimminer for sandor111's pool:

Tried mining in your temporary pool for a while sandor111 and it seemed to be working OK.  Smiley

Here's how windows users can compile a more optimized / cpu specific build of slimminer for the main pool when its back up.

1 - Download and run Cygwin installer: http://cygwin.com/install.html > 'Cygwin Setup' folder on C:

2 - Ensure that you add the following extra packages to the 'default' install from the menu settings window (a few tabs into the install process);

devel / gcc-g++

libs / libcurl-devel

devel / automake

devel / make

archive / unzip

net (web) / wget

devel / git

net (web) / openSSL-devel

Remember to add: "automake: Wrapper scripts for automake and aclocal" - along with the latest auto make release - or slimminer won't compile.

3. Start the Cygwin terminal from the desktop shortcut you created at install. Now copy and paste the following:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/siklon/slimminer

Code:
cd slimminer

Code:
chmod +x autogen.sh

Code:
./autogen.sh

Code:
CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native" ./configure

Code:
make

Check for errors during the process, however your minerd.exe (slimminer) should now be built in;

C: > cygwin64 > home > 'account name' > slimminer

4. You can start mining from the Cygwin Terminal. Ensure that you cd into slimminer dir after starting the terminal window with;

cd slimminer

./minerd.exe -a dcrypt -o stratum+tcp://POOLADDRESS:POOLPORT -u YOURWALLET -p x

Remember to set the correct pool address, port and your own wallet address. You can also add -t 'number of cores'.

--scantime 15 (is probably optimal for pool mining) and --retries -1 will try to resubmit shares if the connection drops.  Wink

To get an optimized build of slimminer for your chipset you need to change -march=native before compiling slimminer.

For an i7 :
Code:
CFLAGS="-O3 -march=corei7" ./configure

Those values can be found at: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/i386-and-x86-64-Options.html#i386-and-x86-64-Options

Just delete everything in the slimminer folder if you want to recompile whilst trying to find the fastest CFLAGS for your chipset.

N.B. your miner will be dependent on your cygwin environment and is therefore not a standalone miner, but it will be optimized for your chipset and should certainly be much faster. You can also compile a working 32bit slimminer on windows this way.

Good Luck.

You can find information on your chip-set to improve mining performance (when compiling slimminer) using CPU-Z - http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

For example, for best performance with an i7 with AVX support :
Code:
CFLAGS="-O3 -march=corei7-avx" ./configure

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 01:40:58 PM

Instructions to build a static binary ? Smiley
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 02:04:58 PM

Instructions to build a static binary ? Smiley

Notes for building a static binary with MinGW are included on the Git page: https://github.com/siklon/slimminer

Getting a fully working 64-bit MinGW build environment on windows is tricky in comparison to using Cygwin. Some recent updates have also changed the directory locations slightly, I think.

Anyway you can search for something like " Compile minerd x64 MinGW Windows Guide Howto " etc. and have fun with that.

Someone will be kind enough to post some static pre-compiled windows binaries I'm sure. One was posted earlier in the thread, although I noticed that the siklon/slimminer repo has been extensively updated around 10 hours ago, presumably to work optimally with the new pool.

I'll try to post up a working guide as its always best to do your own compile to get optimized binaries for your chip-set.

Anyway, I'm interested in building a more optimized version of slimminer, although I'm fairly busy with some other stuff at the moment.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
idad01

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 03:03:03 PM

I just need to burn a coin,  wait for it?
skottiejay

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 04:21:41 PM

I gave up, maybe I'll mine again when there's a pool, for now even though I have like 1000 hashes or whatever I'm not getting anything and I'm not certain I even have everything set up correctly so more than likely I'll try when there's a pool involved.

What else could I say?
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:53:31 PM

I gave up, maybe I'll mine again when there's a pool, for now even though I have like 1000 hashes or whatever I'm not getting anything and I'm not certain I even have everything set up correctly so more than likely I'll try when there's a pool involved.
You might be too impatient.  I've had those cores running since launch, total is about 2kHash/s, and so far - 8 blocks.  If more 'instant' gratification is your thing, then a pool probably would work better for you Smiley

MartinF

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 06:18:00 PM

Great stuff !

Here's the windows guide that I posted earlier in the thread to build your own optimized slimminer for sandor111's pool:

Tried mining in your temporary pool for a while sandor111 and it seemed to be working OK.  Smiley

Here's how windows users can compile a more optimized / cpu specific build of slimminer for the main pool when its back up.

1 - Download and run Cygwin installer: http://cygwin.com/install.html > 'Cygwin Setup' folder on C:

2 - Ensure that you add the following extra packages to the 'default' install from the menu settings window (a few tabs into the install process);

devel / gcc-g++

libs / libcurl-devel

devel / automake

devel / make

archive / unzip

net (web) / wget

devel / git

net (web) / openSSL-devel

Remember to add: "automake: Wrapper scripts for automake and aclocal" - along with the latest auto make release - or slimminer won't compile.

3. Start the Cygwin terminal from the desktop shortcut you created at install. Now copy and paste the following:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/siklon/slimminer

Code:
cd slimminer

Code:
chmod +x autogen.sh

Code:
./autogen.sh

Code:
CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native" ./configure

Code:
make

Check for errors during the process, however your minerd.exe (slimminer) should now be built in;

C: > cygwin64 > home > 'account name' > slimminer

4. You can start mining from the Cygwin Terminal. Ensure that you cd into slimminer dir after starting the terminal window with;

cd slimminer

./minerd.exe -a dcrypt -o stratum+tcp://POOLADDRESS:POOLPORT -u YOURWALLET -p x

Remember to set the correct pool address, port and your own wallet address. You can also add -t 'number of cores'.

--scantime 15 (is probably optimal for pool mining) and --retries -1 will try to resubmit shares if the connection drops.  Wink

To get an optimized build of slimminer for your chipset you need to change -march=native before compiling slimminer.

For an i7 :
Code:
CFLAGS="-O3 -march=corei7" ./configure

Those values can be found at: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/i386-and-x86-64-Options.html#i386-and-x86-64-Options

Just delete everything in the slimminer folder if you want to recompile whilst trying to find the fastest CFLAGS for your chipset.

N.B. your miner will be dependent on your cygwin environment and is therefore not a standalone miner, but it will be optimized for your chipset and should certainly be much faster. You can also compile a working 32bit slimminer on windows this way.

Good Luck.

You can find information on your chip-set to improve mining performance (when compiling slimminer) using CPU-Z - http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

For example, for best performance with an i7 with AVX support :
Code:
CFLAGS="-O3 -march=corei7-avx" ./configure

Hi! I did everything you posted, but when I run "CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native" ./configure" it says:
"Checking whether the C compiler works... No.
configure:error: C compiler cannot create executables"

What could it be?
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 06:27:49 PM

Hi! I did everything you posted, but when I run "CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native" ./configure" it says:
"Checking whether the C compiler works... No.
configure:error: C compiler cannot create executables"

What could it be?

You will most likely of missed installing one of the required extra packages listed when installing Cygwin.

Run the Cygwin installer again to install over your existing installation.

On the packages window with the search box and drop down lists - search for each of the packages listed in bold.

You need to select multiple tick boxes for some of the listed packages.

If your not sure if you need a package in the listed category, just tick the box to install it anyway.

MartinF

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 06:50:45 PM

You will most likely of missed installing one of the required extra packages listed when installing Cygwin.

On the packages window with the search box and drop down lists - search for each of the packages listed in bold.

If your not sure if you need a package in the listed category, just tick the box to install it anyway.

I double-checked but I've installed every package listed here at the first time :/
elcoco

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 06:53:36 PM

I double-checked but I've installed every package listed here at the first time :/
I'm experiencing the same error, I'm using windows 7 64bit
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 07:22:37 PM

Full package list for Search Packages > tick boxes.

gcc-g++: GNU Compiler Collection (C++)

mingw-gcc-g++: GNU Compiler Collection (C++)

mingw64-x86_64-gcc-g++: GCC for Win64 toolchain (C++)

libcurl-devel: Multi-protocol file transfer library (development)

automake: Wrapper scripts for automake and alocal

automake 1.x: (1.x) a tool for generating GNU-compliant Make files

make: The GNU version of the 'make' utility

unzip: Info-ZIP decompression utility

wget: Utility to retrieve files from the WWW via HTTP and FTP

git: Distributed version control system

openssl-devel: A general purpose cryptography toolkit with TLS implementation (development)

I've just built the miner on a 2nd x64 PC following my own instructions and it compiled OK.

cubydu

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 07:43:49 PM

Can I mine with miner directly to daemon from several machines?

elcoco

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:44:43 PM

Full package list for Search Packages > tick boxes.

gcc-g++: GNU Compiler Collection (C++)

mingw-gcc-g++: GNU Compiler Collection (C++)

mingw64-x86_64-gcc-g++: GCC for Win64 toolchain (C++)

libcurl-devel: Multi-protocol file transfer library (development)

automake: Wrapper scripts for automake and alocal

automake 1.x: (1.x) a tool for generating GNU-compliant Make files

make: The GNU version of the 'make' utility

unzip: Info-ZIP decompression utility

wget: Utility to retrieve files from the WWW via HTTP and FTP

git: Distributed version control system

openssl-devel: A general purpose cryptography toolkit with TLS implementation (development)

I've just built the miner on a 2nd x64 PC following my own instructions and it compiled OK.

Thanks it work now for me, libcurl-devel: Multi-protocol file transfer library (development) was missing on my install.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 07:53:18 PM

Thanks it work now for me, libcurl-devel: Multi-protocol file transfer library (development) was missing on my install.

Good job! So, now we are just waiting for the pool then.  Smiley

TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:02:15 PM

Can also confirm it works fine as per the instructions (fresh cygwin install).

With the default instructions (no specific optimizations, but your checksums may vary anyway):
methodchecksum for minerd.exe
MD51c3130c7935eb73f674bd8fa9768d67f
SHA16ee38f42fb8e62082dbe6e84487fed50847397cd
SHA2563963517e53b03ed4d6aa2066477554e95afef3f67d35f76b2bae8f35fe9adc76

MartinF

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:15:55 PM

I have every package listed in the post, but still the same error. I must be missing something, or I don't know... I also have windows 7 x64. Should I try compiling for x86?
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 215 »
  Print  

Jump to: