Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 05:00:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 215 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Slimcoin : Proof of Burn NEW BLOCK GEN, Mineable by low power computer!  (Read 284890 times)
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:22:56 PM

I have every package listed in the post, but still the same error. I must be missing something, or I don't know... I also have windows 7 x64. Should I try compiling for x86?
Can you share your /var/log/setup.log file?
( WARNING: Personally identifiable information is in that file.  Look for your user name, computer name, and optionally download server, perform a search&replace, drop it on e.g. pastebin )

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 08:26:57 PM

Can I mine with miner directly to daemon from several machines?

In theory yes. Although, its not working with the current release.

slimcoin probably did this intentionally to help prevent and limit the effectiveness of botnets at launch.

Slimcoin is built from an original release of Peercoin and has some 'missing' functions. A working pool will have a patch, so it will eventually be possible.

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
slimcoin (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 08:28:52 PM

Updated slimminer pushed for pooled mining just pushed on Github here: https://github.com/slimcoin/slimminer

-Much Donate
BTC-1D5pnma7E1CP6cquHujycVy79EyXJ3eY
slimcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 08:32:58 PM

slimcoin probably did this intentionally to help prevent and limit the effectiveness of botnets at launch.

Slimcoin is built from an original release of Peercoin and has some 'missing' functions. A working pool will have a patch, so it will eventually be possible.

This can be done with slimminer, you just have to set in the config the url and on the daemon allow -rpcallowip= the ip's you are mining from.

-Much Donate
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 08:50:29 PM

This can be done with slimminer, you just have to set in the config the url and on the daemon allow -rpcallowip= the ip's you are mining from.

Don't seem to be able to get it to work on windows localhost even with the daemon running.

rpcport=41683  ??
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
slimcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 08:56:01 PM

Example config for local host

{
   "url" : "http://127.0.0.1:41683",
   "user" : "user",
   "pass" : "pass",

"algo" : "dcrypt",
   "threads" : "8"
}

-Much Donate
MartinF

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:04:32 PM

I have every package listed in the post, but still the same error. I must be missing something, or I don't know... I also have windows 7 x64. Should I try compiling for x86?
Can you share your /var/log/setup.log file?
( WARNING: Personally identifiable information is in that file.  Look for your user name, computer name, and optionally download server, perform a search&replace, drop it on e.g. pastebin )

Hi! Here's the setup.log!

http://pastebin.com/SpCjgbff
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 09:06:30 PM

{

}

Yep. Its still not working.

I was seeing accepted shares from sandor111's temporary pool the other day, so its not slimminer.

Let me check all of my settings - think the code is missing something - might be me being daft though.

AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:09:32 PM

Don't seem to be able to get it to work on windows localhost even with the daemon running.

rpcport=41683  ??
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

Can anyone confirm that finding blocks with slimminer works? I have set up like the OP told but never find any block (one PC with daemon as host and 20 machines with slimminer as client. slimminer shows hashrate in every computer. solomining with 90khs for 2 days and can't even find one block.)
I change to solomine with the daemon only (with gen=0) and only 3 machines (around 12khs in total). Found 5 blocks in 2 days already.

{

}

I was seeing accepted shares from sandor111's temporary pool the other day, so its not slimminer.

Let me check all of my settings - think the code is missing something - might be me being daft though.

Yeah exactly I thought like BitcoinFX. slimminer works because the pool accepted my shares, but the daemon never accepts any share from slimminer.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:10:02 PM

Hi! Here's the setup.log!

http://pastebin.com/SpCjgbff

Well, wherever the problem is, at least it doesn't appear to be in there - matches up with mine.

BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 09:10:35 PM

No. Did you delete the slimminer folder C: > cygwin64 > home > 'account name' > slimminer  ?

Try doing that and start again in case something got borked.

BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 09:14:30 PM

rpcport=41683  ??
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

Can anyone confirm that finding blocks with slimminer works? I have set up like the OP told but never find any block (one PC with daemon as host and 20 machines with slimminer as client. slimminer shows hashrate in every computer. solomining with 90khs for 2 days and can't even find one block.)
I change to solomine with the daemon only (with gen=0) and only 3 machines (around 12khs in total). Found 5 blocks in 2 days already.

Somethings certainly not right there then. I've only being mining with the wallet thus far - apart from a few hours test in the temporary pool.

Again, I did see accepted shares with the slimminer in the temporary pool.

~ Are you mining via linux machines only ?

ltcnim
Legendary

Activity: 914
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:18:26 PM

rpcport=41683  ??
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

{

}

Yeah exactly I thought like BitcoinFX. slimminer works because the pool accepted my shares, but the daemon never accepts any share from slimminer.

I can confirm, that the Slimminer finds valid blocks when solo mining. I found 4 so far on my desktop-PC (with ~1.6KH) and even one with an ARM version of slimminer (0.22kh).
Today I found 2 Blocks with slimminer on the desktop PC, the seconds block around 5h after the first one. I think it's all about luck.

just make sure it's really using dcrypt (I had one instance mining with scrypt by accident, because I also had an old version of minerd in /usr/bin -.-)

AizenSou

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:21:35 PM

rpcport=41683  ??
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

Somethings certainly not right there then. I've only being mining with the wallet thus far - apart from a few hours test in the temporary pool.

Yeah I'm mining with the daemon, technically. My shares in the temporary pool get accepted too, but the daemon never accepts slimminer shares even from the same machine. I'm using linux in all machines.
MartinF

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:21:52 PM

No. Did you delete the slimminer folder C: > cygwin64 > home > 'account name' > slimminer  ?

Yeah, I've tried this twice, but still the same. Here's the config.log inside slimminer when I try to compile:

http://pastebin.com/g1PwT13Q

Anything wrong?

BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 09:22:12 PM

I can confirm, that the Slimminer finds valid blocks when solo mining. I found 4 so far on my desktop-PC (with ~1.6KH) and even one with an ARM version of slimminer (0.22kh).
Today I found 2 Blocks with slimminer on the desktop PC, the seconds block around 5h after the first one. I think it's all about luck.

just make sure it's really using dcrypt (I had one instance mining with scrypt by accident, because I also had an old version of minerd in /usr/bin -.-)

Sliminer on windows and/or linux ? or mac ?

maxpower

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:26:30 PM

rpcport=41683  ??
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

Yeah I'm mining with the daemon, technically. My shares in the temporary pool get accepted too, but the daemon never accepts slimminer shares even from the same machine. I'm using linux in all machines.

I've seen this too, between two Linux machines, one running the daemon and one running slimminer. Looking at the output of "netstat -a", each machine ends up with a bunch of connections to the other machine in the TIME_WAIT state. So I wonder if something's wrong with the RPC listener.

The tricky part is that neither side shows an error message, and slimminer looks like it's mining, but of course there's no traffic going over those TIME_WAIT connections.

Mac Altcoin Wallets: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=216672 | Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=205035.0
BTC: 13wuRW8v1PtZrbKKrBfT5JcuiCwpMqpCmY
AizenSou

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:29:14 PM

Sliminer on windows and/or linux ? or mac ?

ltcnim has Windows and he compiles slimminer from source himself like us. I think the reason lies in the daemon/wallet. Or the worst case, in the different between Linux and Windows. But I never heard of such case.  Huh
ltcnim where did you get the wallet ? Did you compile yourself or get the pre-compiled binary?

Btw ltcnim, we are not stupid like mistaking the hashing algo and going complaining about not working here Wink. Of course we make sure that we didn't do anything wrong on our side.

I've seen this too, between two Linux machines, one running the daemon and one running slimminer. Looking at the output of "netstat -a", each machine ends up with a bunch of connections to the other machine in the TIME_WAIT state. So I wonder if something's wrong with the RPC listener.

The tricky part is that neither side shows an error message, and slimminer looks like it's mining, but of course there's no traffic going over those TIME_WAIT connections.

Exactly what I'm thinking, but I don't have time to look at the source code and neither have the skill to fix it. I reported about it 2,3 days ago but nobody cares. Nice that someone notices that too.
Thanks for your details information.
BitcoinFX
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 09:29:42 PM

Yeah, I've tried this twice, but still the same. Here's the config.log inside slimminer when I try to compile:

http://pastebin.com/g1PwT13Q

Anything wrong?

With a quick glance through the pastebin it seems that your missing gcc and automake packages.

See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=613213.msg7133359#msg7133359

Are you sure that you installed these extra packages from Search Packages during the Cygwin install ?

MartinF

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:38:04 PM

With a quick glance through the pastebin it seems that your missing gcc and automake packages.

See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=613213.msg7133359#msg7133359

Are you sure that you installed these extra packages from Search Packages during the Cygwin install ?

Yes, look:
https://i.imgur.com/69v1aT6.png
https://i.imgur.com/l21LGUc.png

Could it be something external? I mean, I have installed some other things that I use to compile videogames I create.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 215 »
  Print  

Jump to: