Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:33:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CRYPT] CryptCoin x11 + PoS | P2P Anonymity | 0% Premine | Commander  (Read 512541 times)
mindfox

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 08:13:42 PM

This is sort of unclear, probably due to how I phrased the question.

I want to get this clear, so I'll ask more clearly. I'll list the things I understand to be true.

1. Mindfox is working on a system for anonymity.
hard to trace system, yes.

2. There is a project for this coin called Commander.
Yes.

3. Commander looks to be a webwallet with various features.
I don't know the specifics as I'm not working on it.

4. Commander is not the anonymity plan for this coin.
No, it is not

5. Mindfox is *not* working on Commander.
As per 3, no I'm not.

Are these things true, or am I wrong about one or more of them?

I hope I replied in a detailed manner and satisfied all your questions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:14:58 PM

I want to get this clear, so I'll ask more clearly. I'll list the things I understand to be true.

Yes.

No, it is not

As per 3, no I'm not.

Thank you. The clears up some things up for me.
mrhorse1

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:15:41 PM

LOL its amazing how much people are trying to FUD crypt coin. i wouldn't be surprised if people are actually paid to do this.

and I wouldn't be surprised some were paid to hype the smoke and shadows
Wasda

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Smile if you're not wearing any underwear

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:15:47 PM

Yes.

No, it is not

As per 3, no I'm not.

Thank you. The clears up some things up for me.

are you ready to come up with some other BS now ?

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░██░░░
██░░░░█░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░██
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░█░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
Mexican

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:16:24 PM

it's simple. Once Crypt unleashes its secrets then you can go copy and paste it to whatever shitcoin your planning. Until then why in the hell does anybody owe you an explanation of anything?

Because the point of bitcoin is opensource, and further more the professionals here like to read code before compiling and using it. The comments in the bitcoin source code clearly state their licensing. You don't get to pick and choose which pieces of code are open source. if its modified bitcoin code, or even code added, it still falls under the same licensure. Furthermore, i feel like your point is a bit misleading. Even if someone else copies crypts code and uses it, Crypt is the still the original work and no one will forget that. They haven't forgotten about bitcoin, litecoin, primecoin, megacoin, anoncoin and darkcoin, quarkcoin, all of which were first of their kind and with the exception of primecoin, each has been copied and rebranded ad nauseum with little actual affect on the originals themselves.
pbremen01

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:19:34 PM

I really wish you could come to the irc. Isn't there any way you can login to freenode and visit #cryptcoin?

Will try again. The error message that I'm getting is confusing but I think that there may be a problem with banned IPs (I'm using tor to access the internet).

So youre claiming all the security anon stuff is BS yet you cant even get on IRC?  Sums it up right there.

I'm not claiming that all the security anon stuff is BS. Where did you get this? You probably didn't understand my posts. I'm actively looking for a solution that will have any chance of providing "true" anonymity.

And honestly - I won't change my internet access method (tor) just because one server is blocking tor exit nodes.

so it seems that you are actually loooking to copy.. or steal someone elses 'true' anon or ideas so you can make your own coin... if not why are you so eager to ask for dev to show you how it work ? you can't wait until it's done and release and see ? LOL

Where did you get the idea that I'm going to make my own coin? I'm not going to make my own coin. I think that there too many coins already. Especially coins with features that can be built on top of bitcoin blockchain already. We don't need special coin for each special feature.

I think that anonymity features need to be developed in open and transparent way if they want to have any chance to provide any anonymity at all.

And how would you know if it were when you just stated you were not a dev?  SO are you or are you not? 

How would I know what? I'm not a dev (at least not "cryptocoin" dev). I don't understand why is my "dev status" important at all.

YOu want them to provide you information on anon but you have no dev/coding experience.  Thats my point.  Why else would you want all of these technical clarifications?  I mean it almost seems like your fishing for info either a) to provide fud to try to discredit a work in progress or b) steal the ideas.   Very fishy my friend.

Where did I say that I have no dev/coding experience? I was just saying that I'm not "cryptocoin" dev. Maybe I didn't make this clear enough, sorry.

And for providing security audits you don't have to be dev/coder. You can be mathematician/cryptologist for example. Most security methods (schemes, algorithms etc.) are actually developed by mathematicians. The devs just code/implement them because they usually don't have enough mathematical knowledge or insight to actually develop them.

mindfox

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 08:22:26 PM

Where did I say that I have no dev/coding experience? I was just saying that I'm not "cryptocoin" dev. Maybe I didn't make this clear enough, sorry.

And for providing security audits you don't have to be dev/coder. You can be mathematician/cryptologist for example. Most security methods (schemes, algorithms etc.) are actually developed by mathematicians. The devs just code/implement them because they usually don't have enough mathematical knowledge or insight to actually develop them.

I agree on this with pbremen01
pbremen01

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:27:32 PM

Mindfox, why are you using term "hard to trace system"? What does it mean? Why don't you use term "anonymity" (I know that anonymity is vague term, but "hard to trace" if vague also)?

It seems that you're developing a system that will resistant to some specific types of attack, but it would be vulnerable to other (known) types of attacks.

To what kind of attack do you plan that your system will be resistant?

And why the whitepaper is not saying anything about this "hard to trace system"?

mindfox

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 08:35:58 PM

Mindfox, why are you using term "hard to trace system"? What does it mean? Why don't you use term "anonymity" (I know that anonymity is vague term, but "hard to trace" if vague also)?

It seems that you're developing a system that will resistant to some specific types of attack, but it would be vulnerable to other (known) types of attacks.

And why the whitepaper is not saying anything about this "hard to trace system"?

I'm using this term (as I always did) because I do not think there can be true anonymity in-code with the wallet alone and at the same time keep compatibility with bitcoin blockchain. At least not without compromising some critical systems of the wallet itself. That's only my opinion of courses. Noone can tell what the future brings.
The whitepaper is a draft, not a whitepaper. I also cleared that out many times.
My plan is to make this coin resistant to various kinds of attacks using well known methods against the well known types of attacks. Either by using in-wallet methods or by marrying services (not everything at once of course).
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:42:59 PM

I'm using this term (as I always did) because I do not think there can be true anonymity in-code with the wallet alone and at the same time keep compatibility with bitcoin blockchain. At least not without compromising some critical systems of the wallet itself. That's only my opinion of courses. Noone can tell what the future brings.
The whitepaper is a draft, not a whitepaper. I also cleared that out many times.
My plan is to make this coin resistant to various kinds of attacks using well known methods against the well known types of attacks. Either by using in-wallet methods or by marrying services (not everything at once of course).

so are you creating a anonymous function or a hard to trace function
pbremen01

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:45:25 PM

But why don't you or other team members (maybe moosa) publish some kind of updated whitepaper?

You don't have to provide much technical details or even actual implementation. Just clearly state goals that you're trying to achieve and maybe some general concepts (zero-knowledge-proofs, public key cryptography etc.).

Most of crypto whitepapers actually provide just this anyway. Lots of marketing buzzwords, but you really can't make any conclusions about the security of the system (except if the main concept doesn't sound right - using exchanges as mixers?) because the technical details are completely missing or are vague.

randayh

Activity: 386

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 09:05:51 PM

can everyone just let the man code
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:08:13 PM

Ok I am satisfied that MindFox has no wallet, I didn't understand who you were just like I don't know who the Dev's are. Nothing childish about requiring the DEV's to put their wallets up. The wallets must contain a substantial amount of coin. If they copy and paste a random wallet then they will screw themselves when that wallet sells off. So this would require their actual wallets. This way we will know they are not taking advantage of this Illegal activity. Of course they could send a large amount to another wallet but guess what we would see that transaction. Should be easy to comprehend. The transactions will provide transparency to what they have done since this debacle started. Of course there may be Dev wallets that had action and some that had none, so they could publish the ones without action in them and not show the wallets with, but this is better than nothing.

This is why ANON is so important to this group be it through not showing their true Identities or even giving the investors the peace of mind that they are not in on this perpetration. Get them to post their wallets, you will understand easily how this will prove their integrity and by not showing any kind of wallet it will have the opposite effect. If they can find a wallet with a substantial amount of coin that has not moved and is not accumulating coin then they could be in the clear without divulging their real wallet but if they can't then it is suspicious that the DEV's (Not MindFox) either don't have a wallet or won't show their wallet. Do you get it now? I would hope that you being keen to Hard to Trace Methods would understand how I can go back and trace their history.

This is actually the best way to prove your concept and give integrity to the coin simultaneously, since we will see at least 500K to 1Million coin not moving. Once the ANON features are rolled out the DEV's will be able to sell at will and we can also enjoy the ANON function so it won't matter at that point.

Tell the DEV's to Show us the Money!

Since Early,
CryptoNick
thenukemforall

Activity: 273

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:09:18 PM

Maybe Mindfox don't want to give too much hint on what he is working on. Copycats are waiting in the shadow.
tristartek

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:18:56 PM

And you are only working on some sort of anonymity scheme, then?

Are you not working on this Commander thing?

Exactly as you said it.

All true.

BTC: 1KTg6RkiHjovXqVfVB1a74NPPXLnoL1HNf
tristartek

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:21:19 PM

it's simple. Once Crypt unleashes its secrets then you can go copy and paste it to whatever shitcoin your planning. Until then why in the hell does anybody owe you an explanation of anything?

Because the point of bitcoin is opensource, and further more the professionals here like to read code before compiling and using it. The comments in the bitcoin source code clearly state their licensing. You don't get to pick and choose which pieces of code are open source. if its modified bitcoin code, or even code added, it still falls under the same licensure. Furthermore, i feel like your point is a bit misleading. Even if someone else copies crypts code and uses it, Crypt is the still the original work and no one will forget that. They haven't forgotten about bitcoin, litecoin, primecoin, megacoin, anoncoin and darkcoin, quarkcoin, all of which were first of their kind and with the exception of primecoin, each has been copied and rebranded ad nauseum with little actual affect on the originals themselves.

Damn thanks for reminding me.  I actually forgot about megacoin and anoncoin. 

Mexican

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:22:58 PM

can everyone just let the man code

i am in concurrence with this. Its none of my business, but it would probably make things easier if Mindfox and Co. appointed a non-technical member of the team to monitor this thread and field technical questions and relay the answers. This way, Mindfox has to worry less about what he's going to type in reply and more about what he's working on currently. everyone wins for the most part. The people get what they want, Mindfox gets peace and quiet to focus on his immense task. Writing code is easy. Writing code that works is difficult. Writing bug free code that works and provides a relatively high level of anonymity, well i would have to think it is quiet difficult indeed. CRYPT team, please hire a spokesperson to monitor this thread so you can focus on your task at hand. good luck
Mexican

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:24:02 PM

Damn thanks for reminding me.  I actually forgot about megacoin and anoncoin. 

I want to revisit this and say that you did have a good point. It is perfectly normal to keep a new feature like this underwraps until you are ready to push it into "production". All is good, sorry for my spiel about open source Tongue
tristartek

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:26:48 PM

Ok I am satisfied that MindFox has no wallet, I didn't understand who you were just like I don't know who the Dev's are. Nothing childish about requiring the DEV's to put their wallets up. The wallets must contain a substantial amount of coin. If they copy and paste a random wallet then they will screw themselves when that wallet sells off. So this would require their actual wallets. This way we will know they are not taking advantage of this Illegal activity. Of course they could send a large amount to another wallet but guess what we would see that transaction. Should be easy to comprehend. The transactions will provide transparency to what they have done since this debacle started. Of course there may be Dev wallets that had action and some that had none, so they could publish the ones without action in them and not show the wallets with, but this is better than nothing.

This is why ANON is so important to this group be it through not showing their true Identities or even giving the investors the peace of mind that they are not in on this perpetration. Get them to post their wallets, you will understand easily how this will prove their integrity and by not showing any kind of wallet it will have the opposite effect. If they can find a wallet with a substantial amount of coin that has not moved and is not accumulating coin then they could be in the clear without divulging their real wallet but if they can't then it is suspicious that the DEV's (Not MindFox) either don't have a wallet or won't show their wallet. Do you get it now? I would hope that you being keen to Hard to Trace Methods would understand how I can go back and trace their history.

This is actually the best way to prove your concept and give integrity to the coin simultaneously, since we will see at least 500K to 1Million coin not moving. Once the ANON features are rolled out the DEV's will be able to sell at will and we can also enjoy the ANON function so it won't matter at that point.

Tell the DEV's to Show us the Money!

Since Early,
CryptoNick

This is the worst insight of knowledge I have heard of in pasting a wallet. What does showing your their wallet have to do with their integrity  or in some type of "perpetration?"  If they have no wallet so what, theyre still work ing it, thats all that matters.  Mindfox has no wallet and is sitll working.  If they have a wallet and it has a "substantial" amount then ppl will think they will get dumped on.  THere is no advantage to this method.

mrhorse1

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:30:31 PM

so people are hyping this coin on features that aren't even in place and promoting how it is the future based on clear smoke - hmmmm that's just more reason to not trust people like MoosaNYC, Koolio, Pr0m3theus and whoever else has a vested interest in ripping off additional buyers of this coin - in general my feelings on this coin can be summed up with this  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRWlTkuLWFQ
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: