Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 04:27:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Revamped PinkCoin (PC / PINK) PoS | Multipool | Fundraiser | Anonymous  (Read 206973 times)
sumgye

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 05:18:15 PM

Good point, but it doesn't look half as good as a stand alone multipool which would show that the devs actively work on the coin and spent some time to compile the site and work out any problems with it rather than just asking an already working site to add it for them. I have no problem with this kind of multipool but it sounded like the devs were going to make their own which they obviously didn't. Not trying to hate, I am just a bit disappointed because the Ann sounded epic.

A standalone exclusive multipool costs a little over 5 BTC to make. If you or the community wants to collectively pool in to raise the 5 BTC to have something exclusive, I will be more than happy to get it implemented. If you know someone who does it for less, by all means go ahead and be proactive. There is no "central authority" here that dictates where Pink should and shoiuld not be. Its opensource... the OP contains the git link that any multipool owner can use to add Pink or even do an exclusive from scratch. By the ann for the multipool, I'm assuming you are talking about the previous thread where I was collecting the donation. Yes that was for a similar newer pool with lesser coins, but not exclusive by a long shot. No one said it was going to be exclusive anywhere. Their price was 2 BTC to add PC to their pool. We requested them to take 3 million PC with an added clause that if the prices do not rise to approximately 70 sats (3 mil PC @70sats = 2BTC) within a few weeks of the multipool going live, we would take back the PC and pay 2 BTC from our pockets. Luckily for us, Coin King stepped in and said they would add us for free, so we cancelled our deal with the other pool to add PC.

Please understand that just because its easy to have a site add on a coin doesn't mean they will. Its like an exchange. Not really a big deal for an exchange to add a coin. But the reality is that it costs money to get added... The exception is you get added for free... there's nothing you and I can do about that.... its a market phenomenon and upon the exchange owner's discretion. Multipools are no different.

I understand, it just seemed like you were going to build a site from the announcement when you said you were working on it, I guess I just misunderstood you. Once the coin grows we could probably get a multipool exclusively for Pink, it should be fine for now:) I am ready for next announcements and features:)

Thanks for understanding. I can definitely see how it can be misinterpreted. By "working on it", I meant trying to find someone who is willing to add the coin for cheap  Grin You will not believe the number of pools and developers I approached who did not even bother to respond, let alone negotiate a rate :p Well now that we have a good thing going on and a series of near constant updates all planned for in the days and weeks to come, we can expect a good bumpy uphill ride Smiley
Is coinking going to give you numbers on how many PC were exchanged for? I am interested to see how many people actually mine for PC

Nope... I don't think such stats are available to anyone. But I don't expect too many miners would though at the moment. Its far easier to buy now. However mining will pick up suddenly if when the coin lands on poloniex and bigger buyers come into the playing field. That is where I'm hoping Coin King registrations would be done through the affiliate id and a constant stream of BTC micropayments will be generated for Mintpal voting. All payments collected after Mintpal will be used to purchase champagne glasses  Grin

Hahah! I like your style sony:)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
komrobert

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:56:24 PM

Good point, but it doesn't look half as good as a stand alone multipool which would show that the devs actively work on the coin and spent some time to compile the site and work out any problems with it rather than just asking an already working site to add it for them. I have no problem with this kind of multipool but it sounded like the devs were going to make their own which they obviously didn't. Not trying to hate, I am just a bit disappointed because the Ann sounded epic.

A standalone exclusive multipool costs a little over 5 BTC to make. If you or the community wants to collectively pool in to raise the 5 BTC to have something exclusive, I will be more than happy to get it implemented. If you know someone who does it for less, by all means go ahead and be proactive. There is no "central authority" here that dictates where Pink should and shoiuld not be. Its opensource... the OP contains the git link that any multipool owner can use to add Pink or even do an exclusive from scratch. By the ann for the multipool, I'm assuming you are talking about the previous thread where I was collecting the donation. Yes that was for a similar newer pool with lesser coins, but not exclusive by a long shot. No one said it was going to be exclusive anywhere. Their price was 2 BTC to add PC to their pool. We requested them to take 3 million PC with an added clause that if the prices do not rise to approximately 70 sats (3 mil PC @70sats = 2BTC) within a few weeks of the multipool going live, we would take back the PC and pay 2 BTC from our pockets. Luckily for us, Coin King stepped in and said they would add us for free, so we cancelled our deal with the other pool to add PC.

Please understand that just because its easy to have a site add on a coin doesn't mean they will. Its like an exchange. Not really a big deal for an exchange to add a coin. But the reality is that it costs money to get added... The exception is you get added for free... there's nothing you and I can do about that.... its a market phenomenon and upon the exchange owner's discretion. Multipools are no different.

I understand, it just seemed like you were going to build a site from the announcement when you said you were working on it, I guess I just misunderstood you. Once the coin grows we could probably get a multipool exclusively for Pink, it should be fine for now:) I am ready for next announcements and features:)

Thanks for understanding. I can definitely see how it can be misinterpreted. By "working on it", I meant trying to find someone who is willing to add the coin for cheap  Grin You will not believe the number of pools and developers I approached who did not even bother to respond, let alone negotiate a rate :p Well now that we have a good thing going on and a series of near constant updates all planned for in the days and weeks to come, we can expect a good bumpy uphill ride Smiley
Is coinking going to give you numbers on how many PC were exchanged for? I am interested to see how many people actually mine for PC

Nope... I don't think such stats are available to anyone. But I don't expect too many miners would though at the moment. Its far easier to buy now. However mining will pick up suddenly if when the coin lands on poloniex and bigger buyers come into the playing field. That is where I'm hoping Coin King registrations would be done through the affiliate id and a constant stream of BTC micropayments will be generated for Mintpal voting. All payments collected after Mintpal will be used to purchase champagne glasses  Grin
That is cool:) I hope we get to Polo soon
CryptoCayce

Activity: 150

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:29:58 PM

I don't think you've thought this through.

there will become a point where it becomes a profitable endeavor to donate to the charity, say for example btc is $500 per (easy #) and pinkcoin becomes worth .00002000btc then it would be a breakeven proposition to donate because you would receieve 100 pinkcoin for donation each $1

100*.00002= .002btc
.002*$500 = $1

so in this instance if you would be receiving even value in pinkcoin for the fiat $USD you donate.

if pinkcoin trades at .00002 or above in this instance where the value of bitcoin is $500 then you would actually be making money.

never before has it been directly profitable to donate to charity, that is until Pinkcoin came along Cheesy

qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:45:14 PM

How do I donate a bit and becme part of the community? I also do blog posts and giveaways. I do crypto full time for a living. I like PINK COIN  because I am a lady too and many of my family have died, my aunties actually from cancer. I will go start collecting a few coins on Bittrex while it is still cheap too. So if any of you got spare coins for me to do a giveaway I would love to do it on my coin blog.. I can also start pre trolling it hard on Poloniex.. Grin

I just dnated via paypal can I also claim bit bonus today?..Donated as elle yan
komrobert

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 11:54:49 PM

How do I donate a bit and becme part of the community? I also do blog posts and giveaways. I do crypto full time for a living. I like PINK COIN  because I am a lady too and many of my family have died, my aunties actually from cancer. I will go start collecting a few coins on Bittrex while it is still cheap too. So if any of you got spare coins for me to do a giveaway I would love to do it on my coin blog.. I can also start pre trolling it hard on Poloniex.. Grin
You could donate here: http://www.stayclassy.org/fundraise?fcid=320114. For every dollar you donate you will get 100PC. Also, I am sure you could get some for free if you post your address here. Do what it says here to get 500 free PC: https://twitter.com/CryptoCayce/status/471073428624011264
fayoling

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:00:27 AM

How do I donate a bit and becme part of the community? I also do blog posts and giveaways. I do crypto full time for a living. I like PINK COIN  because I am a lady too and many of my family have died, my aunties actually from cancer. I will go start collecting a few coins on Bittrex while it is still cheap too. So if any of you got spare coins for me to do a giveaway I would love to do it on my coin blog.. I can also start pre trolling it hard on Poloniex.. Grin
You could donate here: http://www.stayclassy.org/fundraise?fcid=320114. For every dollar you donate you will get 100PC. Also, I am sure you could get some for free if you post your address here. Do what it says here to get 500 free PC: https://twitter.com/CryptoCayce/status/471073428624011264

Welcome to the community, and thanks for the donation.
If you put your pinkcoin address in your comment, check your email and you should get your bonus in motion.

Sounds like you will be a great memeber of the community. I recommend following @CryptoCayce on Twitter. He is always giving coins away.

qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:01:45 AM

If you put your pinkcoin address in your comment, check your email and you should get your bonus in motion.

Sounds like you will be a great memeber of the community. I recommend following @CryptoCayce on Twitter. He is always giving coins away.

Thank you so much..I will try my best to be active as this is a coin with a cause.. I will send an email to Busoni and start pre trolling on POLO..When I finish my backlogs will try to do a nice lil blog post.
komrobert

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:05:08 AM

Thank you so much..I will try my best to be active as this is a coin with a cause.. I will send an email to Busoni and start pre trolling on POLO..When I finish my backlogs will try to do a nice lil blog post.
Welcome to the community and thank you for the donation! What is your twitter handle? Post your PC address here and we will send you some coins:)
yuchengTec

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:06:35 AM

hasnt realsed?

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins.T8zh6CSjrqa5iA3DQhBSs47PHnzfXgyvaj
Click here-enjoy-Pirate-coin: PpPxnNoxTTz3XwZj6K7bSVoNeSNqXjLVE2
fayoling

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:24:05 AM

hasnt realsed?

??
The coin has relaunched/released. If that is what you're asking.

sumgye

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 12:25:17 AM

How do I donate a bit and becme part of the community? I also do blog posts and giveaways. I do crypto full time for a living. I like PINK COIN  because I am a lady too and many of my family have died, my aunties actually from cancer. I will go start collecting a few coins on Bittrex while it is still cheap too. So if any of you got spare coins for me to do a giveaway I would love to do it on my coin blog.. I can also start pre trolling it hard on Poloniex.. Grin

Hello! Thank you so much for your donation! I'm currently in charge of processing donation rewards, but I'm currently away with family and it will be a few hours before I can update our lists and send you your pinkcoins but they are coming I promise!

Thank you so much again and welcome to the community!!
sonysasankan (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 01:41:49 AM

Great to have you on board Elle. I've already contacted busoni and Cryptsy, but haven't gotten around to spaming the trollbox just yet. But if you do go that route, adding the thread address will be super helpful. On the forum search results, the old abandoned thread (with all the wrong non working links) shows up first and don't want to put off people unfortunately landing there Smiley

Where's your blog at? I'm thinking of adding links to articles, blogs, reviews and other write ups in a new "reading" section on the OP. Would love to have your blog as the first link there. Post your PC address in your signature. I'd like to tip you some PC and the community is a generous lot that sometimes randomly sends PC here and there when they are drunk. They have no value for money I tell you Tongue

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
CryptoCayce

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:08:07 AM

I don't think you've thought this through.

there will become a point where it becomes a profitable endeavor to donate to the charity, say for example btc is $500 per (easy #) and pinkcoin becomes worth .00002000btc then it would be a breakeven proposition to donate because you would receieve 100 pinkcoin for donation each $1

100*.00002= .002btc
.002*$500 = $1

so in this instance if you would be receiving even value in pinkcoin for the fiat $USD you donate.

if pinkcoin trades at .00002 or above in this instance where the value of bitcoin is $500 then you would actually be making money.

never before has it been directly profitable to donate to charity, that is until Pinkcoin came along Cheesy

I wanted to address something to the community that was posed as a question in PM. basically they asked if I was saying that I thought 2k sats was a realistc price and that they felt it might be better to lower our breast cancer charity campaign goal from 20k to a more manageable amount as it might be seen as a failure to the community if we don't succeed. 
here is my response:

I'm not saying anything, I'm merely using that as a tool to demonstrate a different way to think about it the donation process.
I am unable to predict market trends well enough to tell you PCs price Cheesy

also I think you are selling the community short here. our goal is $20,000 by Oct. 31st
thats 158 days - which means we need to average $126.58 per day to reach our goal

so far in our first 2 days we have already raised $180 dollars or an average of $90 a day
on day 2 we are only $38.58 away from our daily average goal.

once word spreads and people start seeing their friends donating I think we will far surpass this # Wink

I like to set big goals and approach them in a realistic, manageable fashion

CryptoCayce

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 04:10:54 AM

thank you so very much for your donation and support, we greatly appreciate it. please add your pc address to your signature or tweet it to me @cryptocayce on twitter and I will show you some pinkcoin love Wink

sumgye

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:18:36 AM

I've got all the fundraiser stuff updated. Everyone that donated should have their coins now and be listed on the top donators page! Thank you guys!!

Just poked in to update things. Back out with the family!
yongde1982

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 05:27:44 AM

Very interested in, has distinguishing feature.

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QLkuSeHPyPU97Ec62mgmFeziTN33RCHJ1s
Get Daily Free SignatureCoins.StrQHyN8XtAhte253AsnB8UiR39H6WWMEQ
kaliostro

Activity: 125

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 09:35:52 AM

price again down... Undecided
seattletu

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 27, 2014, 11:12:01 AM

glad to see the community getting more active. i have 10% of all pinkcoins and i will be holding for a long time. at least 200 satoshi.
sonysasankan (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 12:53:50 PM

price again down... Undecided

Don't worry about it.... ups and downs are bound to occur. BTC volume is rising though. Its a better judge of "activity" around the coin, and will slowly rise in price as more interest develops. We're just "officially" 2 days old  Wink

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
sonysasankan (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2014, 12:57:38 PM

glad to see the community getting more active. i have 10% of all pinkcoins and i will be holding for a long time. at least 200 satoshi.

If you have the patience to hold for 3-4 months, we could see 2k-3k sats  Wink A ton of developments on the way. But first... an announcemnt coming up for earlier donators in some time.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: