Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:07:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Revamped PinkCoin (PC / PINK) PoS | Multipool | Fundraiser | Anonymous  (Read 206973 times)
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:27:07 AM

the problem is that the target group 99% of people in crypto are white male fart heads sitting in their parents basement

No, the target market for leading-edge coins are those people and businesses currently nervous about stepping into cryptocurrency and who are looking for reassuring cues as to the level of marketing and design being presented to them. Along with them are going to be the investor-class speculators wanting to see a Blackcoin-like degree of style and presentation alongside innovation.

That's where many technically versatile coins struggle to gain market acceptance now because the market is becoming less and less about the techie basement dwellers and about people who actually have high-earning jobs and collateral. They need gloss and they need shine in order to feel that there is substance supporting a coin, not a handful of geeks with social communication issues.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anoxxxy

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:14:32 AM

I have a suggestion and I told you about this before also,
Why not implement TOR network for the anon transaction Both on website as well as implementing it to the wallet?

What does PinkArmy and Pink holders think about this?

Regards

Amazing! Now the question, how difficult would this be to implement?

Anyone Else who would like to see TOR network implementation in PINK wallet for anon transaction?

Please give feedback
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 09:26:19 AM

A new PinkCoin article appears !

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/pinkcoin-usb-wallet-cards-anonymity-whitepaper-and-pinkfriday#

Please share Smiley
Pinker

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:43:18 AM

Why not implement TOR network for the anon transaction Both on website as well as implementing it to the wallet?

Regards

Anyone Else who would like to see TOR network implementation in PINK wallet for anon transaction?

Please give feedback

Once we are dealing with anonymity here, I say, the more the better. Love it.Wink Very Pink. But not sure about the implementation, anyone knows or has what it takes?
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:49:35 AM

Please give feedback

Anon should be an option, to save people having to use other coins on the occasions they might wish to be discrete, but it is the adoption by non-tech users that will drive the price of this coin. There is also the stigma of going too far 'Anon' and being accused of encouraging illicit use which, again, will drive away those potential users who can actually bring value to the coin.

There already exists too many coins scrabbling for the 'dark' side of crypto, Pink can do really well, in my opinion, by ensuring their tech is solid and their ability to style the coin's features with flair and panache.

Broaden the user-base, don't narrow it down to the type of people who already are balls-deep in Alt-coins.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
sonysasankan (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 09:56:33 AM

Regards

Please give feedback

I've sent a PM to Sumgye to look into it. He will address the TOR idea tomorrow.

Pinkcoin Donations Address ---> PINK: PB9TmJXZTqzLroz9cLzCQe2cNWzEwJeq5g | BTC: 14Yxxxxko19qtLi3k2yvtWQ54vSQg2mLjB <---
Rent Mining rigs for cheap
RodrigoHenrik

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 10:14:26 AM

PinkCoin is now available on

PINK/BTC: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/PINK/BTC
PINK/LTC: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/PINK/LTC
PINK/DOGE: https://bleutrade.com/exchange/PINK/DOGE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why you should choose Bleutrade

• Trade Crypto2Crypto • Real-time Trading • Low Fees • Hundreds of trades per minute • Resistant to DDOS attacks
• Trade 66 cryptocurrencies • Possibility to trade 2145 pairs • Decentralized storage • 95% Cold storage wallet
• Light as a feather system • Encrypted SSL connection • Real-time backup • Fast support (Less than 1 hour)
• Two-Factor Authentication (Google)...

Register on Bleutrade Now!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COO/CMO & Co-Founder at Bleutrade.com
aragoon

Activity: 295

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:31:47 AM

Please give feedback

Anon should be an option, to save people having to use other coins on the occasions they might wish to be discrete, but it is the adoption by non-tech users that will drive the price of this coin. There is also the stigma of going too far 'Anon' and being accused of encouraging illicit use which, again, will drive away those potential users who can actually bring value to the coin.

There already exists too many coins scrabbling for the 'dark' side of crypto, Pink can do really well, in my opinion, by ensuring their tech is solid and their ability to style the coin's features with flair and panache.

Broaden the user-base, don't narrow it down to the type of people who already are balls-deep in Alt-coins.

+10000

Looking at XC thread it seems their research suggests that most people "out there" in target user community are not terribly interested in ANON and are bored by PRIVACY. Personally, I think they (target users ) are barking mad and surrendering something people died for to profit makers Facebook and Twitter et al but that's the way they want it. The ANON thing is a fad, a nice idea as an add-on but more often than not, a fad hyped by profiteering traders. Pink has what it takes to carve out it's own niche. Sure, steady growth and not too much attention on price.
Just my opinion.
Anoxxxy

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:32:01 PM

Please give feedback

+10000

Looking at XC thread it seems their research suggests that most people "out there" in target user community are not terribly interested in ANON and are bored by PRIVACY. Personally, I think they (target users ) are barking mad and surrendering something people died for to profit makers Facebook and Twitter et al but that's the way they want it. The ANON thing is a fad, a nice idea as an add-on but more often than not, a fad hyped by profiteering traders. Pink has what it takes to carve out it's own niche. Sure, steady growth and not too much attention on price.
Just my opinion.

I do not agree, i think the TOR implementation anonymizer Will give PINK more attention in the cryptoworld, just look at cryptcoin.

Regards
Kikyca

Activity: 238

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:34:37 PM

Got my share of pinc coin.. thx  Grin

MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 02:27:09 PM

rename this coin to HideCoin or NinjaCoin and it will shoot up

the problem is that the target group 99% of people in crypto are white male fart heads sitting in their parents basement
and you are trying to address them with a product named PinkCoin  Roll Eyes
that wont work

its all about the marketing

Changing the name will not do anything other than hurt the coin.
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:12:08 PM

The trouble we discovered with holding a 'contest' using the anon system is that people equate having a 'winner' to a problem with the anon system itself. That's not a valid test of the system.

This is like suggesting we all test how random the national lottery is by playing it, and then claiming that there's issues with its randomness because someone won.

It's not a valid test of the system if you can just keep trying different possibilities until you find the right one.

Maybe we should have a contest to find someone's real first name? First person to get it right wins. And when someone does get it right, it must be a problem with internet security... surely... because how else could they have gotten your name? Certainly not by guessing randomly, and having the person reveal their real name when someone does get it right, eh?

No. The best way to validate the anon system is not for a contest. A great way to *have fun* with the anon system is to have a contest. The best way to validate the anon system is to have a critical analysis done by security experts that specialize in crypto anonymity, like the guys in the reddit thread that was mentioned, and that sony posted in.

We do need to do some more fun things and keep generating excitement around Pinkcoin. For sure! Let's have some fun!

But let's not confuse a fun contest for a legitimate test of the system, alright? We already paid the price for that kind of confusion once. Let's not try our luck again.

Edit: For what it's worth - the system is available for absolutely anyone to test for themselves. It's better that way anyway. It means we can't manipulate the results.

I never considered that angle, you are right its not worth risking that happening again. Forget any contest that has to do with anon. Sony's post to those crypto analyst guys was spot on. I'm betting that they will do an analysis on the entanglement engine and the results will be stellar.

(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 07:07:54 PM

There is no way to establish a connection between wallets when using the Pink Entanglement Engine, unless you were to hack the website and even then you'd have a limited window of time, since the information is destroyed soon after the transaction is made. Therefore, there is no way for someone to win a proper contest. The only reason someone won the last time is because the contest was done wrong. The winner never made any connection between wallets.

Contest or not, I dare anyone to make such a connection. It's simply not possible!

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:37:03 PM

Please give feedback

Completely agree.

Furthermore, too much effort and too many resources were wast---used in developing this dubious feature that, obviously, has not even called any real attention -not even the one Pinkcoin should not be looking for- within the crypto community, much less the outside world.

The other thing that is simply surprising to me is the whole idea of "contests" or other people's reviews made by either anonymous sources or "groups with agendas" or both. That is a simple waste of time, at best, or a discredit, at worst. If you have something of real value -and I'm afraid in my opinion PinkEE is not of much value-, technologically speaking, get a third party, independent review by someone who is respected in the field and then you sure will have something worthy of putting it "out there", otherwise it is just an exercise of interest only for nerds.
Anoxxxy

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:25:17 PM

Please give feedback

Completely agree.

Furthermore, too much effort and too many resources were wast---used in developing this dubious feature that, obviously, has not even called any real attention -not even the one Pinkcoin should not be looking for- within the crypto community, much less the outside world.

The other thing that is simply surprising to me is the whole idea of "contests" or other people's reviews made by either anonymous sources or "groups with agendas" or both. That is a simple waste of time, at best, or a discredit, at worst. If you have something of real value -and I'm afraid in my opinion PinkEE is not of much value-, technologically speaking, get a third party, independent review by someone who is respected in the field and then you sure will have something worthy of putting it "out there", otherwise it is just an exercise of interest only for nerds.

I do not agree With not further developing the anon, right now the cryptoworld wants anon transactions, to make anon trans in wallet With TOR Will get PINK to very Hugh medels as well as more attention from cryptoworld.
But I agree With Barabbas that we need an independent review of the PinkEE .
sumgye

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:51:55 PM

Regards

Please give feedback

I've sent a PM to Sumgye to look into it. He will address the TOR idea tomorrow.

TOR

I've used tor before. It's slow and sometimes hard to get connections to places. I'm curious to see how coins that do utilize it will fare, but even with success, there's a huge problem with implementing tor in PinkCoin.

Basically there's two options, both of which are nasty.

One, wallets connect to eachother in the main net through tor. In this case, it'd be simpler just to get route your internet through an ip anonymizer service - don't need to do anything special in the Pinkcoin wallet for that. That's something users can do on their own.

Two, if we tried to force the Pinkcoin wallet to use the TOR network, where, based on my experience, it will be slow, unreliable, and prone to localized downtime. But that's not even the worst part. People that don't update their wallets wont be able to connect through the TOR network, though of course they'll still be able to connect to each other just fine, and since they're holding coins... they stake just fine. So... Everything will fork. Really bad. Mass hysteria. Not good.

Anyone worried about that whitepaper that managed to link ip addresses to bitcoin addresses should probably read it carefully for a) how they did it b) how long it took to do it and c) when they did it. Good luck trying anything like that with Bitcoin now. And for Pinkcoin, well frankly, by the time Pinkcoin is big enough for it to be worth it to anyone to put in the 6 months of effort it takes to try doing something like that, anon 2.0 will be available for people to use - which uses an update to the method that would make it impossible to connect sends to receives using that method anyway.

So basically, if you're holding out for TOR. No. It can't be done correctly in PinkCoin. We don't do half @$$ed jobs. And I'm not even sure it's being done correctly in the coins that tout it in the first place.

Please give feedback

Completely agree.

This. twice. For both cryptodevil and barabbas. Other projects in the project pipeline have been stalled because people keep hammering on for more from Anon. We implemented anon almost as a passing thought to get some attention, because early on, frankly, we needed it. Then, when said eyeballs did take a look and made criticisms, we had to take a serious look, and ultimately had to come up with a brand new method completely from scratch to try and make everyone happy. Then we had to explain ourselves. Again. And again. And again.

I totally respect the need for a legitimate, deep in the nuts and bolts whitepaper, because the method was actually new. That's why I put so much effort into it. Because I think the method itself has a place next to the Coinjoin, Zerocoin and Mixcoin concepts that were created for BitCoin. I hope the idea helps contribute to new concepts in the future. I know how we plan on further developing it ourselves, and the PinkCoin community can rest assured that they will always have a real anonymous option in the future should they choose to use it. It will continuously be maintained, improved upon, and be made available in more dynamic ways.

With all that said... Pinkcoin is not all about anon. It's a feature. An option. It does not define us, nor should it. We've wasted far too much of our time on it, and now that the initial working release has been completed, we need to move primary development on to something else. Of course we're already doing that, the rest of the team has been doing exactly that even while I was slaving over writing the whitepaper. That's the great thing about having a team. Lots of things can be worked on at one time, that's how we've been able to put out great side projects while concentrating our attention on Anon, like our developments with the PinkCards, pinkcoinlottery, the .pink website overhauls, and #pinkfriday. The greatest things are best done as a collaborated effort though, and that's what we're going to start working on now. Working on the next *big* thing, in a collaborated effort, while keeping the supply of smaller, super cool developments flowing, like we do.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:16:49 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 09:29:29 PM by barabbas

Please give feedback

Completely agree.

I do not agree With not further developing the anon, right now the cryptoworld wants anon transactions, to make anon trans in wallet With TOR Will get PINK to very Hugh medels as well as more attention from cryptoworld.

Again, I am going to disagree on that. Pink should not pursue what other coins do. Not at all. Certainly not what Darkcoin or Cloakcoin pursue. And yes, people is ONLY interested, for the most part, in whatever fad brings momentum to the market to cash in on profits... which is quite legitimate and desirable ONLY if it is not at the expense of too many resources or the general direction (strategy) of the coin which is aimed, if I am correct, precisely at the non-niche general market... or just the opposite of the niches that Dark, Cloak and most of the other P&D coins are aimed at.

The "community" ask for all kinds of things, because the foremost interest of the "community" in the short term, is the price of the coin. That's why the leadership and the development team should keep their ideas quite clear and cater to the desires of that (part of the) community ONLY when it is in the interest of the overall strategy.
Anoxxxy

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 09:40:34 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 10:18:55 PM by Anoxxxy

Please give feedback

Completely agree.

Again, I am going to disagree on that. Pink should not pursue what other coins do. Not at all. Certainly not what Darkcoin or Cloakcoin pursue. And yes, people is ONLY interested, for the most part, in whatever fad brings momentum to the market to cash in on profits... which is quite legitimate and desirable ONLY if it is not at the expense of too many resources or the general direction (strategy) of the coin which is aimed, if I am correct, precisely at the non-niche general market... or just the opposite of the niches that Dark, Cloak and most of the other P&D coins are aimed at.

The "community" ask for all kinds of things, because the foremost interest of the "community" in the short term, is the price of the coin. That's why the leadership and the development team should keep their ideas quite clear and cater to the desires of that (part of the) community ONLY when it is in the interest of the overall strategy.

I dont want PINK to have what other coins have, I want PINK to be unique from other coins (which I think it already is, a great transparent dev behind it). I wrote in twitter a couple of weeks ago about TOR implementation, recently another coin announced to implement it.

And to give attention to PINK I think The PINK Coin should offer the cryptoworld what they want, TOR anon can be an option if someone wants to implement it.

This will bring a lot of new crypto users to the world of PINK.
sumgye

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:32:55 PM

Did some poking around the tor implementation in other coins. Seems to work reasonably enough, though I'm not 100% sure the IP's can't be tracked. It's possible that tor nodes are being used to anonymize the addresses, but the wallet connections seem too snappy compared to the rest of the tor network for that to really be the case. Not sure though.

Either way, it still makes tracking node ip addresses way more difficult than it was.

But back to it's potential in PinkCoin. It can't be done without actually murdering the coin, or having it straddle both the main net and tor networks, thus defeating the purpose. Nevermind it's a LOT of work. So no tor for Pinkcoin. End of story.

Using tor to anonymize *transactions* isn't necessary. If you're trying to get yourself an anonymous *wallet* to hold coins in though, that's where tor might be handy. Different breed of thing altogether, and not something we're planning on trying to do at the moment.
Anoxxxy

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:52:39 PM

Did some poking around the tor implementation in other coins. Seems to work reasonably enough, though I'm not 100% sure the IP's can't be tracked. It's possible that tor nodes are being used to anonymize the addresses, but the wallet connections seem too snappy compared to the rest of the tor network for that to really be the case. Not sure though.

Either way, it still makes tracking node ip addresses way more difficult than it was.

But back to it's potential in PinkCoin. It can't be done without actually murdering the coin, or having it straddle both the main net and tor networks, thus defeating the purpose. Nevermind it's a LOT of work. So no tor for Pinkcoin. End of story.

Using tor to anonymize *transactions* isn't necessary. If you're trying to get yourself an anonymous *wallet* to hold coins in though, that's where tor might be handy. Different breed of thing altogether, and not something we're planning on trying to do at the moment.

Thanks for letting us know about TOR implementation.
Either way I am enjoyed with the PinkEE anon transaction, but I would like to see the anon transaction option in the wallet though. That would be great.

Keep up the good work guys.
Pages: « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: