Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:51:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Due to big HYPER projects like Poker site, giveaways, competitions, bounties and marketing the 500 000 HYPER MMO Development Fund will be at 450 000 HYPER soon. What should we do?
Keep sponsoring more awesome HYPER projects and spend it down to 400 000 HYPER and then preserve the fund at 400 000 HYPER - 115 (45.1%)
Limit spending (less HYPER projects) until the monthly staking brings the fund back up to 500 000 HYPER - 40 (15.7%)
Manage it how you like. HYPER seems to be going awesome keep it up! - 100 (39.2%)
Total Voters: 255

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HYPER ~ Game Currency ~MMOs ~Poker ~ 20+ Servers~ShapeShift.io ~RPG +More!  (Read 716613 times)
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 04:32:41 PM

When the fee was negotiated, Hyper was worth a lot less. This is what I mean. Price goes up and dev has a change of heart. you justify that type of behavior?

Its funny that the price at the time the dev had his brain fart, didn't even last that long. Greed is not good when it comes to breaking your agreements.

What if a pool bounty was 20k Hyper and the price went up, would the dev be justified in saying "sorry pool operator, I am only to give you 5k hyper now because its now trading higher durr durr." I would say no.

What if hyper was only worth 100 satoshi? Would I be justified in asking for a larger fee? No because a deal is a deal.

I doubt the dev will dox himself, he created a new account for a reason and has kept his coin dev 'anonymous'...most likely because it was loljosh who created the coin.

good luck with getting transparency from a person who can't even honor agreements.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shivamchawla

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 05:03:11 PM

I just wanna say that rather than filling this thread with these fud posts, please join irc #hypercrypto and solve all the matter.
Cobra

Activity: 289

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:13:23 PM

When the fee was negotiated, Hyper was worth a lot less. This is what I mean. Price goes up and dev has a change of heart. you justify that type of behavior?

Its funny that the price at the time the dev had his brain fart, didn't even last that long. Greed is not good when it comes to breaking your agreements.

What if a pool bounty was 20k Hyper and the price went up, would the dev be justified in saying "sorry pool operator, I am only to give you 5k hyper now because its now trading higher durr durr." I would say no.

What if hyper was only worth 100 satoshi? Would I be justified in asking for a larger fee? No because a deal is a deal.

I doubt the dev will dox himself, he created a new account for a reason and has kept his coin dev 'anonymous'...most likely because it was loljosh who created the coin.

good luck with getting transparency from a person who can't even honor agreements.
If you had really taken this "agreement" seriously you should have taken all precautions but you neglected to protect yourself from something like this happening.  You thought that PM conversations could stand as a binding agreement....good luck with that.  These were not small amounts in question and you had a large task at hand.  The agreement between tokyoghetto and HyperDev should have been in the form of a legally binding contract with real names and signatures so that both parities had some recourse in the event one side broke the contract.

It is too late now, HyperDev actually spoke very highly of tokyoghetto saying he was a man of integrity. A person of integrity would not dump their coins and proceed to air the dirty laundry and gossip after the fact.
Gladimor
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:19:35 PM

It is too late now, HyperDev actually spoke very highly of tokyoghetto saying he was a man of integrity. A person of integrity would not dump their coins and proceed to air the dirty laundry and gossip after the fact.

Precisely.

Mining since 2014
Cohle

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:21:03 PM

Let's just move on from this fiasco. The dev's main priority now should be to allay concerns over the huge pre-mine. Transparency is key.
quarkkid

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:44:31 PM

If you had really taken this "agreement" seriously you should have taken all precautions but you neglected to protect yourself from something like this happening.  You thought that PM conversations could stand as a binding agreement....good luck with that.  These were not small amounts in question and you had a large task at hand.  The agreement between tokyoghetto and HyperDev should have been in the form of a legally binding contract with real names and signatures so that both parities had some recourse in the event one side broke the contract.

+100000

My reputation thread!! ...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=419456.0
C A Ix > >   CAIx-- Xt7qWX6LTAURHZYzjenTBNfViztCz2z72U
tazmania

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 05:52:08 PM

RIP someone taking out the remaining buy walls. Glad I panic sold at 10k when that premine and greed was exposed. I didn't crash the market but I got it started by taking out all the buy orders above 10k. GG

quarkkid

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:07:55 PM

RIP someone taking out the remaining buy walls. Glad I panic sold at 10k when that premine and greed was exposed. I didn't crash the market but I got it started by taking out all the buy orders above 10k. GG

well done big man....nobody cares

CryptoAdvisor

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:30:18 PM

You guys secretly premined 1.5 million on a coin with this low of a coin count. You cannot do that and expect for the coin to survive. You are greedy pigs for wanting to do this to your community.
Gladimor
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:34:07 PM

I have messaged the main developer. The pre-mine issue will be resolved shortly. I have asked him to give a portion of the pre-mine to a trusted escrow. As soon as this issue has been resolved, I'll bring up a nice piece of concept art Smiley

Mining since 2014
CryptoAdvisor

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:37:40 PM

I have messaged the main developer. The pre-mine issue will be resolved shortly. I have asked him to give a portion of the pre-mine to a trusted escrow. As soon as this issue has been resolved, I'll bring up a nice piece of concept art Smiley

Honestly for me though, I respect the lofty goal of trying to implement a coin into a game. The problem is that I don't care if you give the escrow the pre-mine, or if you destroy the whole pre-mine. I can't trust a dev team that premines 33% of coins secretly, and all the noobs in here who are believing these guys should get out before they lose money. You really just can't do what you guys did.
Gladimor
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:50:19 PM

Announcement: Bringing HYPER to other MMOs.

So the biggest focus for HYPER is for it to be utilized in other games. With its 30 second block speeds, it'll allow perhaps the most speedy of in-game transactions, bringing convenience, simplicity, and speed. There are many aspects in the micro-transaction industry that could utilize HYPER. PayPal is becoming less and less used by micro-transactors due to the risk of chargebacks. Skrill is something only few customers have. Western Union is most convenient for people in the USA, and people in the rest of the world do not use it. BitCoin is starting to be used by micro-transactors, but due to the 10 minute confirmations and volatile prices, it is neglected by many. HYPER will be bringing forth a stabilization fund, 5% monthly interest, and 30 second transaction speeds, beating all factors of other payment methods. It will perhaps even induce the micro-transactors to hold HYPER in their wallets rather than selling it back onto the market.

Here is the MMO for HYPER integration I will be undertaking as the MMO Outreach Co-ordinator:

RuneScape

Perhaps all of you have heard of this game, as many young adults nowadays have spent their childhoods in the huge adventure world of RuneScape. RuneScape's gold market is huge, and spread upon various popular botting and gold-selling sites. We will be making announcements on these sites, introducing HYPER to their stores and offering a decent bounty to all who accept- a offer hard to refuse as some of them already accept BitCoin. We plan to make HYPER next to the official currency to be traded against RuneScape 3 Gold and OldSchool RuneScape Gold. RuneScape makes up a decent portion of the gold-selling industry, and with this and the growing popularity of HYPER due to the implementations, we will most definitely see a increase in value for it. Gold sellers unfamiliar with cryptocurrencies will receive a tutorial as to how to handle HYPER and how to make transactions with it. More information to be added soon.

Mining since 2014
shivamchawla

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 06:57:42 PM

Awesome. If these games start accepting hyper, we dont need to sell hyper for bitcoins. We will have huge fiat markets accepting hyper. Cant wait for the first game to accept hyper Smiley
quarkkid

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:01:25 PM

So the biggest focus for HYPER is for it to be utilized in other games. With its 30 second block speeds, it'll allow perhaps the most speedy of in-game transactions, bringing convenience, simplicity, and speed. There are many aspects in the micro-transaction industry that could utilize HYPER. PayPal is becoming less and less used by micro-transactors due to the risk of chargebacks. Skrill is something only few customers have. Western Union is most convenient for people in the USA, and people in the rest of the world do not use it. BitCoin is starting to be used by micro-transactors, but due to the 10 minute confirmations and volatile prices, it is neglected by many. HYPER will be bringing forth a stabilization fund, 5% monthly interest, and 30 second transaction speeds, beating all factors of other payment methods. It will perhaps even induce the micro-transactors to hold HYPER in their wallets rather than selling it back onto the market.

Here is the MMO for HYPER integration I will be undertaking as the MMO Outreach Co-ordinator:

RuneScape

Perhaps all of you have heard of this game, as many young adults nowadays have spent their childhoods in the huge adventure world of RuneScape. RuneScape's gold market is huge, and spread upon various popular botting and gold-selling sites. We will be making announcements on these sites, introducing HYPER to their stores and offering a decent bounty to all who accept- a offer hard to refuse as some of them already accept BitCoin. We plan to make HYPER next to the official currency to be traded against RuneScape 3 Gold and OldSchool RuneScape Gold. RuneScape makes up a decent portion of the gold-selling industry, and with this and the growing popularity of HYPER due to the implementations, we will most definitely see a increase in value for it. Gold sellers unfamiliar with cryptocurrencies will receive a tutorial as to how to handle HYPER and how to make transactions with it. More information to be added soon.

Yeah Boiiii! This is gona be epic just like i said.
HaHa u gimps that didnt believe, im glad you sold your coins, you dont deserve to be part of this.
Great stuff man, i will surprised if this doesnt turn a few heads.
Keep it up!  Wink

CryptoAdvisor

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:13:44 PM

RuneScape

Yeah Boiiii! This is gona be epic just like i said.
HaHa u gimps that didnt believe, im glad you sold your coins, you dont deserve to be part of this.
Great stuff man, i will surprised if this doesnt turn a few heads.
Keep it up!  Wink

They are not accepted by Runescape... They are just saying that they are going to try to ask Runescape if they might accept Hyper lol.
shivamchawla

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 07:15:07 PM

We know that but they are atleast trying and not like other coins which are made only for trading.
quarkkid

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:27:04 PM

They are not accepted by Runescape... They are just saying that they are going to try to ask Runescape if they might accept Hyper lol.

...i do know how to read thank you.

Gladimor
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:39:41 PM

First, we will establish a relationship with the blackmarket micro-transaction section. This is where RuneScape gold gets sold. After we are set up there, we will move on to Jagex Ltd, the company running RuneScape. We will explain to them how the HYPER currency is already being widely accepted by the other half of their community, and why not accept it as a payment method themselves.

Mining since 2014
leewilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 07:52:22 PM

+1
Applying 4 corners to a string of back and forth pm's is never going to happen.
And getting rid of any ambiguous language, which there was a lot of it.
The devil is in the details.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
leewilson

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 08:03:05 PM

First, we will establish a relationship with the blackmarket micro-transaction section. This is where RuneScape gold gets sold. After we are set up there, we will move on to Jagex Ltd, the company running RuneScape. We will explain to them how the HYPER currency is already being widely accepted by the other half of their community, and why not accept it as a payment method themselves.

With only the "blackmarket" side of it realized and a rinse and repeat process to be implemented by other game currencies,
you will not need to approach the game studios; They will begin approaching you.

It might even be looked at as a disservice or sell-out type of situation by that time. Only time will tell and cooler heads will prevail.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State BlockNet can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State BlockNet to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State BlockNet.” - Joseph Goebbels
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: