Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:08:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Due to big HYPER projects like Poker site, giveaways, competitions, bounties and marketing the 500 000 HYPER MMO Development Fund will be at 450 000 HYPER soon. What should we do?
Keep sponsoring more awesome HYPER projects and spend it down to 400 000 HYPER and then preserve the fund at 400 000 HYPER - 115 (45.1%)
Limit spending (less HYPER projects) until the monthly staking brings the fund back up to 500 000 HYPER - 40 (15.7%)
Manage it how you like. HYPER seems to be going awesome keep it up! - 100 (39.2%)
Total Voters: 255

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HYPER ~ Game Currency ~MMOs ~Poker ~ 20+ Servers~ShapeShift.io ~RPG +More!  (Read 716613 times)
MysticalPotato

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

Stop the potato genocide!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:47:35 PM

Another peek at the HYPER MMO under development currently.
• This is not not finalized and changes should be expected.
• Concept art is for illustration only.

UNIVERSALIS COMPENDIUM, VOL. 118

Entry: Arketh
See also: Virgo SuperCluster, Arketh Collective, Arkethan, Hydrogen-based life form, Dark Arketh, Arketh Prime, Arketh Major, Arketh Minor, Ayyad

Chapter 18: General

The Arketh Collective is a star system located at the southwestern fringes of the Virgo SuperCluster. Arketh Collective consists of a single red dwarf star (Stelo), five planetary bodies (Dark Arketh, Arketh Prime, Arketh Major, Arketh Minor and Ayyad) and an incredibly voluminous presence of free floating hydrogen and helium…

Chapter 21: Stelo

Stelo is a class M spectral-type red dwarf star with a surface temperature of approximately 3,500 K. Despite the star-wide presence of nuclear fusion of hydrogen, Stelo emits very little full spectrum light. However, its 0.65 M solar mass is sufficient to create a stable orbit for five major planetary bodies. These five planets, nevertheless, are tidally locked, with each half in either constant daylight or night.

Stelo’s dim emissions are dominated by infrared-heavy, zero ultraviolet light spectrum that appears almost pitch black to retinal-based eyesight. In addition, visiting off-worlders must wear specially coated infrared goggles to prevent permanent blindness...

Characteristics:

Variable type: Flare star
Spectral Class: M2n
Mass: 0.63 M (887,841,718,507,711,800 km3)
Temperature: 3,500 K

Chapter 33: Arkethan

Arkethans are one of the most unique life forms in the known universe, and likely the only hydrogen-based one. Arkethans have reportedly no solid natural form (citation pending), but possess the ability to increase its gaseous density and consequently, mass, at will to mimic shapes and perform kinetic-based movements.

The exceptionally-intelligent Arkethan race is also currently recognized as the earliest known spacefaring intelligence in the known universe, predating humanity by at least a million years. In spite of this, very few off-worlders have seen Arkethans in their natural state, owing to the widespread use of exoskeletal suits. These interchangeable and highly-adapted suits, which typically measures up to 2.5 meters in height and 500 kilograms in weight, gives Arkethans an incredible level of physical strength, dexterity and versatility...

Anthropologists almost unanimously agree that Arkethans have never developed eyesight or a system of speech, at least not in the traditional sense of the word. Instead, they create atmospheric reverberations which capture an ‘image’ of surrounding environments. These same pulsing echos also serve as a mode of communication between Arkethans. In both instances, Arkethans are capable of ‘seeing’ and ‘communicating’ at distances exceeding 300 meters.

While Arkethans can successfully comprehend the speeches of almost all extra-terrestrial races, their method of communication and vision remains an enigma for the rest of the universe. Interestingly, Arkethans have great difficulty interpreting the concept of colors...

Chapter 38: Arketh Prime

Arketh Prime is the sector’s financial and trading hub (the political and administrative center still remains in Dark Arketh).  The planet has been extensively terraformed to enable extra-terrestrial occupation.

Over two hundred gigantic habitats, which shields visitors from Stelo’s vision-impairing rays, houses several million off-worlders at any given time. An artificial ecosystem - gravity, light, temperature, vegetation, atmosphere – was created with almost zero external input…

Chapter 59: Reproduction and Social Unit

Very, very little is known about the Arkethan reproductive and social structures as visitors are strictly prohibited from entering their home planet, Dark Arketh. It is worth noting that the Arkethan population in the other four planets all originates from Dark Arketh. Further, despite numerous requests, Arkethans have refused to disclose any biological, physiological and psychological data concerning their species...

"Politeness induces morality. Serenity of manners requires serenity of mind.” - Julia Ward Howe

Signature space available for a worthy cause

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:15:14 PM

Hyper starts with 60 million coins and goes to about 600 million to a billion in about ten years? Is that about correct?

Or, an easier way to ask is how many HYPER coins after 5 and 10 years, please. Looks like a great coin, but I cannot seem to find this information.
Gladimor
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:47:08 PM

Hyper starts with 60 million coins and goes to about 600 million to a billion in about ten years? Is that about correct?

Or, an easier way to ask is how many HYPER coins after 5 and 10 years, please. Looks like a great coin, but I cannot seem to find this information.

HYPER, as a matter of fact, starts with less than 3M coins, and goes to around 60M coins in 10 years.

Mining since 2014
JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:18:44 PM

HYPER, as a matter of fact, starts with less than 3M coins, and goes to around 60M coins in 10 years.

Oh, ok, that is different. So, when the OP says that the dev team has 2.5%, they mean for the first ten years. And of the approximate 3 million, they started with 1.5 million. Is that correct? (I'm not saying that is bad, I'm just asking).

Well, 60 million total is quite a different story -- I think I will buy some. Good luck to HYPER!
portice
Legendary

Activity: 999
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:33:38 AM

@chunkypool, get off razor, not enough hash for the diff :}
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:00:20 AM

Yes I want to buy in more now it's cheap, don't know why peeps are panic selling it when so many developments are happening. This coin has huge worth and potential. I am holding all my coins.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 06:22:33 AM

Yes I want to buy in more now it's cheap, don't know why peeps are panic selling it when so many developments are happening. This coin has huge worth and potential. I am holding all my coins.

These panicsellers will regret for lost profits. I'm not yet sold a single coin, but on the contrary, I multiply them:

BTW, some good words about the HYPER from one of the most respected forum participants:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=406112.msg7321426#msg7321426
cherry11800

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:38:25 AM

Yes, I also think this is very potential
HYPERfuture (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 12:56:53 PM

Another peek at the HYPER MMO under development currently.
• This is not not finalized and changes should be expected.
• Concept art is for illustration only.

UNIVERSALIS COMPENDIUM, VOL. 118

Entry: Arketh
See also: Virgo SuperCluster, Arketh Collective, Arkethan, Hydrogen-based life form, Dark Arketh, Arketh Prime, Arketh Major, Arketh Minor, Ayyad

Chapter 18: General

The Arketh Collective is a star system located at the southwestern fringes of the Virgo SuperCluster. Arketh Collective consists of a single red dwarf star (Stelo), five planetary bodies (Dark Arketh, Arketh Prime, Arketh Major, Arketh Minor and Ayyad) and an incredibly voluminous presence of free floating hydrogen and helium…

Chapter 21: Stelo

Stelo is a class M spectral-type red dwarf star with a surface temperature of approximately 3,500 K. Despite the star-wide presence of nuclear fusion of hydrogen, Stelo emits very little full spectrum light. However, its 0.65 M solar mass is sufficient to create a stable orbit for five major planetary bodies. These five planets, nevertheless, are tidally locked, with each half in either constant daylight or night.

Stelo’s dim emissions are dominated by infrared-heavy, zero ultraviolet light spectrum that appears almost pitch black to retinal-based eyesight. In addition, visiting off-worlders must wear specially coated infrared goggles to prevent permanent blindness...

Characteristics:

Variable type: Flare star
Spectral Class: M2n
Mass: 0.63 M (887,841,718,507,711,800 km3)
Temperature: 3,500 K

Chapter 33: Arkethan

Arkethans are one of the most unique life forms in the known universe, and likely the only hydrogen-based one. Arkethans have reportedly no solid natural form (citation pending), but possess the ability to increase its gaseous density and consequently, mass, at will to mimic shapes and perform kinetic-based movements.

The exceptionally-intelligent Arkethan race is also currently recognized as the earliest known spacefaring intelligence in the known universe, predating humanity by at least a million years. In spite of this, very few off-worlders have seen Arkethans in their natural state, owing to the widespread use of exoskeletal suits. These interchangeable and highly-adapted suits, which typically measures up to 2.5 meters in height and 500 kilograms in weight, gives Arkethans an incredible level of physical strength, dexterity and versatility...

Anthropologists almost unanimously agree that Arkethans have never developed eyesight or a system of speech, at least not in the traditional sense of the word. Instead, they create atmospheric reverberations which capture an ‘image’ of surrounding environments. These same pulsing echos also serve as a mode of communication between Arkethans. In both instances, Arkethans are capable of ‘seeing’ and ‘communicating’ at distances exceeding 300 meters.

While Arkethans can successfully comprehend the speeches of almost all extra-terrestrial races, their method of communication and vision remains an enigma for the rest of the universe. Interestingly, Arkethans have great difficulty interpreting the concept of colors...

Chapter 38: Arketh Prime

Arketh Prime is the sector’s financial and trading hub (the political and administrative center still remains in Dark Arketh).  The planet has been extensively terraformed to enable extra-terrestrial occupation.

Over two hundred gigantic habitats, which shields visitors from Stelo’s vision-impairing rays, houses several million off-worlders at any given time. An artificial ecosystem - gravity, light, temperature, vegetation, atmosphere – was created with almost zero external input…

Chapter 59: Reproduction and Social Unit

Very, very little is known about the Arkethan reproductive and social structures as visitors are strictly prohibited from entering their home planet, Dark Arketh. It is worth noting that the Arkethan population in the other four planets all originates from Dark Arketh. Further, despite numerous requests, Arkethans have refused to disclose any biological, physiological and psychological data concerning their species...

Many thanks for this further contribution for the original HYPER MMO MysticalPotato. Looking good Wink I still think the Arkethans are like the Vorlons from Babylon 5 but I think the Vorlons are great  Cheesy

Guys we're at well over 6000 votes on MintPal now!! At this rate we'll be at the top of the voting list in 10-12 days  Grin

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
HunterMinerCrafter

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:06:48 PM

I find it funny that this coin has "borrowed" the term proof-of-play from MOTOcoin.

How exactly does the coin prove play of anything?  It sure looks to me like the coin is just used on central servers for in-game transactions which are, as they say, off chain.  This proves nothing about play and does not make the currency possible to be human mined.

Am I missing something, or is this really nothing more than a giveaway mechanism trying to pretend to be something it is not?
snaildvorak

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:11:00 PM

Guys we're at well over 6000 votes on MintPal now!! At this rate we'll be at the top of the voting list in 10-12 days  Grin

I'm happy vote hyper every hour.
Hyper is good coin and has great potential. Can't wait to see it on mintpal.
Keep up the good work devs!  Smiley
HYPERfuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 01:14:58 PM

I find it funny that this coin has "borrowed" the term proof-of-play from MOTOcoin.

How exactly does the coin prove play of anything?  It sure looks to me like the coin is just used on central servers for in-game transactions which are, as they say, off chain.  This proves nothing about play and does not make the currency possible to be human mined.

Am I missing something, or is this really nothing more than a giveaway mechanism trying to pretend to be something it is not?

Players can earn HYPER by playing Counter Strike. I don't really see what the issue is. This makes it proof of play in a sense Smiley

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:51:26 PM

Players can earn HYPER by playing Counter Strike. I don't really see what the issue is. This makes it proof of play in a sense Smiley

Where exactly can I find the cryptographic proofs that some players played some game some way and "won it" thereby earning some claim to a coinbase?  Does playing on your Counter Strike server even cause new coinbases to come into being?  It doesn't look to be the case, so this is not really mining at all, let alone proof-of-play, this is just a roundabout way of doing a giveaway of already mined coins.  This is NOT a proof of play system unless I can go look at the proofs to see how the player played to win his coinbase.

In a true proof-of-play system the game-play is provably fair.  How can I have any assurance that your counter-strike services will not cheat on game mechanics, giving some advantage to specific players?

In a true proof-of-play system there is no centralized infrastructure or risk to the holdings involved.  How can I have any assurance that your CS server won't be hacked, all your coins stolen, and shut down forever?  How can I have any assurance that your server will not go down from a power failure moments before I land the winning shot and secure my coins?

Please don't claim proof-of-play unless you can live up to everything that entails. 
HYPERfuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 02:23:18 PM

Where exactly can I find the cryptographic proofs that some players played some game some way and "won it" thereby earning some claim to a coinbase?  Does playing on your Counter Strike server even cause new coinbases to come into being?  It doesn't look to be the case, so this is not really mining at all, let alone proof-of-play, this is just a roundabout way of doing a giveaway of already mined coins.  This is NOT a proof of play system unless I can go look at the proofs to see how the player played to win his coinbase.

In a true proof-of-play system the game-play is provably fair.  How can I have any assurance that your counter-strike services will not cheat on game mechanics, giving some advantage to specific players?

In a true proof-of-play system there is no centralized infrastructure or risk to the holdings involved.  How can I have any assurance that your CS server won't be hacked, all your coins stolen, and shut down forever?  How can I have any assurance that your server will not go down from a power failure moments before I land the winning shot and secure my coins?

Please don't claim proof-of-play unless you can live up to everything that entails. 

Hmm I don't agree with some of your definitions for proof of play.

However, in the sense of new coins being minted on the HYPER blockchain through people playing a game (which is the technical definition of proof of play), you are correct. The HYPER Counter Strike server is not proof of play in this sense as the coins are already existing on the HYPER blockchain and are distributed to players when they do things in the game such as kill other players and bots.

Players are awarded HYPER based on their achievements and for killing other players and bots. These mechanics are based on Counter Strike itself and we have no vested interest in weighting the game in any direction. If a player achieves any of the relevant objectives in the game they earn HYPER. Pretty simple.

However, in the sense of players earning coins by achieving objectives in a game, through playing that game, the HYPER Counter Strike server is proof of play.

One term can (and often does) have multiple definitions.

Still thanks for your feedback. I'll keep it in mind.

WilliamLie2

Activity: 204

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:07:37 PM

However, in the sense of new coins being minted on the HYPER blockchain through people playing a game (which is the technical definition of proof of play), you are correct. The HYPER Counter Strike server is not proof of play in this sense as the coins are already existing on the HYPER blockchain and are distributed to players when they do things in the game such as kill other players and bots.

Players are awarded HYPER based on their achievements and for killing other players and bots. These mechanics are based on Counter Strike itself and we have no vested interest in weighting the game in any direction. If a player achieves any of the relevant objectives in the game they earn HYPER. Pretty simple.

However, in the sense of players earning coins by achieving objectives in a game, through playing that game, the HYPER Counter Strike server is proof of play.

Proof-of-something refers to the way how to determine which history of transactions is real to prevent construction of alternative history and double spend.
  • Proof-of-work - blockchain for which more work was done is selected.
  • Proof-of-stake - blockchain constructed by majority of stakeholders (weighted by their holdings) is selected.
  • Proof-of-play - blockchain constructed by majority of players (weighted by their skill/time spent in game) is selected.
HYPERfuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 03:10:17 PM

Proof-of-something refers to the way how to determine which history of transactions is real to prevent construction of alternative history and double spend.
  • Proof-of-stake - blockchain constructed by majority of stakeholders (weighted by their holdings) is selected.
  • Proof-of-play - blockchain constructed by majority of players (weighted by their skill/time spent in game) is selected.

That's pretty much what I said in my post you've quoted. I'm just saying that we're using the term differently. It was a community decision and I suppose we could revoke it but most people seem happy with it.

WilliamLie2

Activity: 204

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:24:36 PM

That's pretty much what I said in my post you've quoted. I'm just saying that we're using the term differently. It was a community decision and I suppose we could revoke it but most people seem happy with it.
No, it is not what you said. Where is the proof in your coin?
In Bitcoin there is nonce which proofs that certain amount of work was done and everyone can check it. In proof-of-stake coins there is also some kind of proof stored in the blockchain. In Motocoin (which is proof-of-play) there are replays stored in the blockchain to proof that someone actually played the game, although it is now played by bots, but these bots still need to generate valid replays to get their coins. Where is similar proof for your coin which assures everyone that owners of servers don't just pay rewards to themselves for nothing?
HYPERfuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 03:28:55 PM

No, it is not what you said. Where is the proof in your coin?
In Bitcoin there is nonce which proofs that certain amount of work was done and everyone can check it. In proof-of-stake coins there is also some kind of proof stored in blockchain. In Motocoin (which is proof-of-play) there are replays stored in blockchain to proof that someone actually played the game, although it is now played by bots, but these bots still need to generate valid replays to get their coins. Where is similar proof for your coin which assures everyone that owners of servers don't just pay rewards to themselves for nothing?

... However, in the sense of players earning coins by achieving objectives in a game, through playing that game, the HYPER Counter Strike server is proof of play.

Please actually read my quote above. Thanks! There are costs involved in running servers by the admins and these are covered by HYPER funds. All withdrawals from the server are logged and can be accessed by me at anytime to verify players earnings. The server admins are basically volunteers (who may have received a bounty) who want to help grow the HYPER ecosystem.

HunterMinerCrafter

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:36:12 PM

The term proof has very specific meaning.  Your CS system offers nothing that could be called a meaningful proof.
HYPERfuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 09:34:37 PM

The term proof has very specific meaning.  Your CS system offers nothing that could be called a meaningful proof.

Well it does offer anyone who has CS 1.6 the opportunity of earning FREE HYPER by playing and that's awesome! Updated the OP  Roll Eyes

We've got well over 100 players now guys come join the fun  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 ... 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: