Time for a HYPER update! (long!)
I just got back online and I'm working through the flood of PM's I have as we speak, and I am dedicated and focused on moving this coin and associated projects forward.
- HYPER is now on http://coinmarketcap.com/
this is great news and 100 out of 300 for a 5 day old coin is very good indeed.
- HYPER is now on http://whatmine.com
- Market stabilization fund will be launching BEFORE the PoW phase is over, so we can start keeping HYPER price stable beginning asap. I will post another update regarding this later today. This may be done with an IPO and the BTC raised can also be used to hire developers for the MMO.
- MMO Outreach Coordinator Gladimir is focused on HYPER becoming an MMO in-game currency in other MMOS, or tradeable for other in-game currencies on informal exchanges. A lot of good ideas regarding this and we are actually going to be taking action on this sooner than you may think!
- HYPER was on Yahoo Finance: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cryptocurrency-hyper-sponsoring-space-mmo-161300553.html
- MMO update. OK I know a lot of people are wondering what is happening with the HYPER MMO in more detail. There has been plenty of discussion on the topic in our freenode as well as on the forums.. Anyone can join the discussion on #hypercrypto and also on the forums at: http://hypercrypto.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0
Here are some of the best ideas we have so far:
There is a great discussion going on in freenode #hypercrypto regarding ideas for the space MMO.
Some of the best ideas so far:
- Use real star systems / planets so players can "own" real planets and systems. Perhaps add in more planets to populate the universe more but star systems can be 100% based on current star maps.
- Different technologies, planets and races can produce different resources which are then traded with other players and can also be traded for HYPER which will be the premium game currency.
- Have research like plasma thrusters which enable ships to move faster etc. Have a research and tech tree like any classic space 4X game
- Players can perhaps start in a spaceship. Perhaps their planet has been destroyed by some kind of disaster. They are seeking new worlds to explore and to rebuild civilization. Much like Homeworld the old classic PC game.
Discussion is also taking place here: http://hypercrypto.com/forum/index.php?topic=124.0
And anyone can contribute ideas in the bitcointalk thread here obviously!
Other current good ideas:
- Game will be browser based. Eventually, when HYPER has more funds we can do a build for windows / mac etc.
- Alpha will be launched as quickly as possible with perhaps just a few alien races (including humans) and a smaller universe which will then be expanded as we keep building the game.
- It will be a space MMO 4X game and players' empires will remain in the game world when they log off. When they log back in again they can manage their interactions with other players and the growth of their galactic empire which earns them HYPER.
We are still looking for general feedback and ideas so I will repost again points of discussion which can be raised:
I agree. There are 5 areas of discussion which I would like to open up to the community. This is a community project and I don't want to just call all the shots:
1. Discussing the HYPER MMO game world and background story to the MMO
2. Game mechanics. Should it be real time? Do we want a strategy game, like a 4x MMO? This was actually my original vision but I am not sure if this would be too ambitious at this stage. My vision is for players to build and grow an intergalactic empire which earns them HYPER, and which will remain the same until the next time the player logs in. Players will also be able to interact and form alliances and trade agreements etc with other players. So we would end up with a huge HYPER universe of players and their empires. Later we could add features where players can explore the universe by piloting one of their ships around the galaxy etc in cockpit view. Players should be ble to choose from a number of alien races (or humans) to play as, and could perhaps also create a custom race. There will be artificial and biological races and some races will be able to thrive in different atmospheres to Earth's (for example sulphur based life).
3. Open source resources and frameworks to use. We need to start compiling open source space tools / graphics / images / designs which we can incorporate into the game. The game itself may be open source this is still to be decided. We could make the game closed source so that it is an asset of the HYPER community.
4. The coding foundation. I'll be honest with you guys we will probably need a professional that we pay well to manage this aspect. Suggestions on game engines and frameworks to look at are gratefully accepted.
5. Any HYPER profits from the game could be compounded back into the market stabilization fund or other HYPER projects. While the game will earn HYPER for players, they will also be able to purchase game upgrades such as extra worlds and technologies etc for HYPER.
Should we have this discussion here or shall I open threads on the HYPER forum?
Any feedback gratefully accepted
Feedback will be incorporated into a preliminary document. A wiki might be a good way to discuss these aspects of the game and perhaps I should set one up. Remember that anyone is welcome to join the discussion, and contribute their unique skillset and passions.
This is a long term project guys so I don't think it is responsible to have ETAs yet as we are still establishing the fundamentals of the game.
If anyone wants to contribute to HYPER and earn bounties for doing so they can check out the giveaways on the forum: http://hypercrypto.com/forum/index.php?board=10.0
More updates coming very soon, I've had a flood of PMs from people wanting to help both HYPER as a currency, and the HYPER MMO succeed