Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:58:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Due to big HYPER projects like Poker site, giveaways, competitions, bounties and marketing the 500 000 HYPER MMO Development Fund will be at 450 000 HYPER soon. What should we do?
Keep sponsoring more awesome HYPER projects and spend it down to 400 000 HYPER and then preserve the fund at 400 000 HYPER - 115 (45.1%)
Limit spending (less HYPER projects) until the monthly staking brings the fund back up to 500 000 HYPER - 40 (15.7%)
Manage it how you like. HYPER seems to be going awesome keep it up! - 100 (39.2%)
Total Voters: 255

Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HYPER ~ Game Currency ~MMOs ~Poker ~ 20+ Servers~ShapeShift.io ~RPG +More!  (Read 716710 times)
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:05:17 PM

Geez, another dump, right on queue Huh

As for the Foundation, I know I'm fairly new to the community, but it sounds like a marvelous idea to me. It's even better that you thought of the idea knowing you're not going to be as visible.  That's great leadership in my view HYPERfuture!!

Plus, this community seems to really stand on it's own, so I think the individuals you've suggested are a great start to the plan.  Hopefully, this can be a momentum builder and work out as well as it sounds on paper.....

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
TeamDisaster

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:10:15 PM

I'm not entirely clear on what membership if this HYPER Foundation is going to entail, but of course I'll help in any way I can.  I won't have a huge amount of time to devote to any additional project though in addition to the gamedev and blogging that I already do.

Trade crypto at Bittrex

Buy gift cards with crypto at GiftOff
HYPERfuture (OP)

Activity: 686

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:18:34 PM

See PM regarding HYPER foundation

Thanks Arms and thanks for the interest guys.

I want the community to help decide the shape the HYPER Foundation should take. After all it is everyone's coin. I don't own it.

Just to make it clear I will still be here helping when I can, making more partnerships with game developers, running competitions etc, as well as organizing PR campaigns like the two we have going out this week.

I will work on a more formal outline of the HYPER Foundation this week when I have time.

At this stage I am looking for feedback from people who are interested in being on it. We have an amazing community here and I think this energy would be best harnessed by having a foundation that people can be a part of to help guide HYPER on into the future, rather than waiting on me to "OK" everything.

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:23:26 PM

I want the community to help decide the shape the HYPER Foundation should take. After all it is everyone's coin. I don't own it.

Just to make it clear I will still be here helping when I can, making more partnerships with game developers, running competitions etc, as well as organizing PR campaigns like the two we have going out this week.

I will work on a more formal outline of the HYPER Foundation this week when I have time.

At this stage I am looking for feedback from people who are interested in being on it. We have an amazing community here and I think this energy would be best harnessed by having a foundation that people can be a part of to help guide HYPER on into the future, rather than waiting on me to "OK" everything.

I may have missed it, but may I ask why you will be less visible?  Apologies if this is too personal, just curious Smiley

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
HYPERfuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:45:47 PM

I may have missed it, but may I ask why you will be less visible?  Apologies if this is too personal, just curious Smiley

I will still be around a lot. The main reason is, it was about 12 hours per day of work to keep the momentum I had going before, and unfortunately I can't keep working 12 hours per day on HYPER for a number of reasons Sad I am still 100% committed to HYPER, which is why I want a foundation established and why I am going to keep building partnerships between HYPER and other online games, run PR campaigns, competitions etc. I will still be working on HYPER a lot, just not 12 hours per day anymore.

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
meowball

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:51:40 PM

Seems it must be the NW weight; I have yet to move any of my HYPER into the wallet.  If it were the individual weight, my wallet would always be at zero

I think the staking question I asked can be explained by the exuberant amount of coins being dumped this month and the fact that said coins are no longer staking.

With that in mind, did I miss something..... why all the dumpage lately?  Is this due to HYPERfuture's absence of late or is this somewhat normal for HYPER?  I've only been watching this coin closely for about a month now, so I am curious if the HYPER OG's can offer any analysis?

Thanks much!! Smiley

Unfortunately, yes this is most likely due to my recent absence. Many other coins have suffered from disappearing devs, and while I would never do this to HYPER people do get understandably nervous, even if I am just away for a week.

Because I really care about HYPER, and think it is silly that if I am away for a week the value suffers, that is why I am proposing we form a HYPER Foundation, as well as moving forward with some large PR campaigns this week about the indie game and crowdfunding site HYPER is working on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651.msg10468401#msg10468401

Please let me know what you guys think about the HYPER Foundation idea above guys. Ideally I want it formed by this Friday!

@clovis: There wasn't a clear answer to the stake weight question yet, so I would like to chime in. The stake weight represents all your coin ages in your wallet. Even if your wallet is not open, your coin blocks develop stake weight everyday. When you do earn a stake by leaving your wallet open, your stake weight should go down a little because the block that just staked now have 0 age. In your wallet, you may have hundreds of blocks that are staking, and it's not dependent on how many different addresses/accounts that you have. Rather, if you receive HYPER from someone, you will at least have one new block that is staking. It's a bit confusing, but I hope that makes sense. It's also the reason why if you send yourself all your coins in one transaction, you will start staking a lot more consistently and earn larger amounts of HYPER at larger time intervals. Remember that you earn stakes once a day at most with HYPER's design per block. If you notice that you are earning more stakes per day, that means you have multiple blocks that are staking. If you constantly receive HYPER from someone, you are earning more blocks that are staking. However, many of those blocks are probably staking very small amounts of HYPER.

Basically, stake weight is (# of coins in a block) * (amount of time that has passed for that block). Therefore, the more coins you have in one block, the higher stake weight you have which means the better chance you have of earning a stake. Once you earn a stake with that block, the stake weight for that block goes back down to 0. But since you will likely have many blocks, that's why earning one stake won't change the graph too much.

@HYPERfuture: I think the Foundation is a great idea! I am honored to be on the list, and I accept. I think there should also be an active members group as well or something similar for volunteers or people that are voted in or something. That way, some recognition can go to those that are active in the community and could also allow them to become members of the Foundation in the future. No one likes to be left out.  Wink I do think the Foundation is a good solution to keep on-track to HYPER's vision.

@igittigit: I agree, and I love your enthusiasm! I think your videos are great.  Smiley
clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:54:04 PM

I will still be around a lot. The main reason is, it was about 12 hours per day of work to keep the momentum I had going before, and unfortunately I can't keep working 12 hours per day on HYPER for a number of reasons Sad I am still 100% committed to HYPER, which is why I want a foundation established and why I am going to keep building partnerships between HYPER and other online games, run PR campaigns, competitions etc. I will still be working on HYPER a lot, just not 12 hours per day anymore.

Fair enough; thanks for responding!  Twelve hours per day, performing any one task, is quite a lot indeed.  I don't see a reason why the foundation wouldn't be able to supplement your output.  Being that you'll still be here a lot, it might just make this coin even better than it was when you were doing it all yourself Wink

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
HYPERfuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:56:09 PM

Fair enough; thanks for responding!  Twelve hours per day, performing any one task, is quite a lot indeed.  I don't see a reason why the foundation wouldn't be able to supplement your output.  Being that you'll still be here a lot, it might just make this coin even better than it was when you were doing it all yourself Wink

That is actually my plan Wink Over the last year, the response to HYPER has been huge, and the number of projects we have launched surpasses 90% of other cryptocurrencies out there. HYPER deserves nothing but the best, and a HYPER Foundation, alongside my continued work, should actually result in even more being achieved over the next 12 months Wink

shivamchawla

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 06:42:14 PM

Guys let me know your feedback on the idea of a HYPER Foundation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651.msg10468401#msg10468401 Let's put in place a long term foundation, to ensure HYPER reaches it goal of becoming THE in-game cryptocurrency and remains a top cryptocurrency long into the future. The amazing community we have here is the seed of an awesome HYPER Foundation I am sure.

The idea of a foundation sounds great. The team members you have proposed looks ideal for the foundation. Its good to see such nice progress for hyper  Cheesy
r1tarn

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 07:57:48 PM

I have downloaded the new wallet, but it has been stuck at 82% for two days now.

Also the displayed balance is way lower than it is supposed to be, although the number of transactions is correct, has anyone else had the same problem?
TeamDisaster

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 08:18:16 PM

I'm still waiting for my wallet to fully synch and my balance shows zero.  It's over a day since I transferred funds from Bittrex - I'm not sure if this is normal, will it update when the synching is complete?  Huh

Trade crypto at Bittrex

meowball

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 08:30:16 PM

I have downloaded the new wallet, but it has been stuck at 82% for two days now.

Also the displayed balance is way lower than it is supposed to be, although the number of transactions is correct, has anyone else had the same problem?

I'm still waiting for my wallet to fully synch and my balance shows zero.  It's over a day since I transferred funds from Bittrex - I'm not sure if this is normal, will it update when the synching is complete?  Huh

To answer both of your questions, yes. The balance will update once your wallet has been synched. The reason is because the blocks that hold your transactions have not been consumed yet on your own wallet.
TeamDisaster

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 08:35:51 PM

Thanks meowball!  Smiley  I thought that was the case, it's just a little alarming when you can't see the figures in your balance.

Trade crypto at Bittrex

HYPERfuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 08:55:42 PM

I'm still waiting for my wallet to fully synch and my balance shows zero.  It's over a day since I transferred funds from Bittrex - I'm not sure if this is normal, will it update when the synching is complete?  Huh

To answer both of your questions, yes. The balance will update once your wallet has been synched. The reason is because the blocks that hold your transactions have not been consumed yet on your own wallet.

Did you guys use the bootstrap as per the instruction here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651.msg9748799#msg9748799

Please make sure to make a copy of your wallet.dat from your %appdata% folder before continuing! Copy and paste it somewhere safe and secure like an external USB!

HYPERfuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 09:03:10 PM

Guys let me know your feedback on the idea of a HYPER Foundation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651.msg10468401#msg10468401 Let's put in place a long term foundation, to ensure HYPER reaches it goal of becoming THE in-game cryptocurrency and remains a top cryptocurrency long into the future. The amazing community we have here is the seed of an awesome HYPER Foundation I am sure.

The idea of a foundation sounds great. The team members you have proposed looks ideal for the foundation. Its good to see such nice progress for hyper  Cheesy

Thanks Funyug! Just sent you a PM Wink I will reply to all other PM's within 24 hours too. I have so many ...

Should be a big week for HYPER with the two large PR campaigns to start this week, and I will finally have the Whitepaper finished too!

r1tarn

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:15:53 PM

Did you guys use the bootstrap as per the instruction here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651.msg9748799#msg9748799

Please make sure to make a copy of your wallet.dat from your %appdata% folder before continuing! Copy and paste it somewhere safe and secure like an external USB!

Yes I used the bootstrap and it synched up to 82% immediately, it has been like that since. I´m just worried since the number of transactions is the same as before but the balance is wrong.
HYPERfuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 09:19:08 PM

Yes I used the bootstrap and it synched up to 82% immediately, it has been like that since. I´m just worried since the number of transactions is the same as before but the balance is wrong.

Are you using the latest wallet version from: https://github.com/palmd/Hyper/releases/ ?

It is very easy to solve your issue, just close the HYPER wallet and then re-open it.

It should now download the rest of the blockchain Wink Don't worry, as long as you have the right wallet.dat in your %appdata% folder, if you are not fully synced that is why your balance would not be correct and should be resolved once you are fully synced.

cryptoskibum

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 06:39:25 AM

Hi meowballz and HYPERfuture thank you both for all your help getting my wallet synced up. Grabbing the blkindex from the bootstrap made a huge difference and sped things up. The blockchain still took a few days to download, but I'm back in the game. Thank you both for all your help!

Oh yeah, everybody - be sure to backup your wallets!!!! You never know when something might go wrong.
TeamDisaster

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 09:10:24 AM

Mine's caught up and showing my balance now too.  Cheesy

When it comes time to turn HYPER into USD / GBP / Euros (none of my dev team want cryptocurrency!), what's the easiest / most effective way to do this?  Is there an exchange that will perform the action directly or would I have to turn my HYPER into BTC first, and then turn the BTC into USD etc?

Trade crypto at Bittrex

meowball

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 09:51:30 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2015, 10:25:14 AM by meowball

Hi meowballz and HYPERfuture thank you both for all your help getting my wallet synced up. Grabbing the blkindex from the bootstrap made a huge difference and sped things up. The blockchain still took a few days to download, but I'm back in the game. Thank you both for all your help!

Oh yeah, everybody - be sure to backup your wallets!!!! You never know when something might go wrong.

@cryptoskibum:
Np! Glad that you got it working.  Smiley Good suggestion with backing the wallet.dat up.

A temporary solution to the long download issue is to have a new bootstrap ready at least bi-weekly just in case for those who need to re-dl the blockchain or for new HYPER users. Unfortunately, as the blockchain continues to grow, the dl will get longer. A solution to this is a web wallet. I posted something with an update in a more recent post.
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 ... 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: