Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:21:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Due to big HYPER projects like Poker site, giveaways, competitions, bounties and marketing the 500 000 HYPER MMO Development Fund will be at 450 000 HYPER soon. What should we do?
Keep sponsoring more awesome HYPER projects and spend it down to 400 000 HYPER and then preserve the fund at 400 000 HYPER - 115 (45.1%)
Limit spending (less HYPER projects) until the monthly staking brings the fund back up to 500 000 HYPER - 40 (15.7%)
Manage it how you like. HYPER seems to be going awesome keep it up! - 100 (39.2%)
Total Voters: 255

Pages: « 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HYPER ~ Game Currency ~MMOs ~Poker ~ 20+ Servers~ShapeShift.io ~RPG +More!  (Read 716710 times)
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 07:30:48 AM

If you want free twitter marketing post hyper updates on https://bitcoingarden.org/forum/
Hyper already has his thread there.Whan you post any update admin will twitt to his 80000 crypto followers.It is free.Do you have coin dev,i have friend who is coin dev,maybe he can help,but that i cant promise

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Jiggy0001

Activity: 734
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 02:52:24 PM

Just a hint.. hyper is on the delisting list again.
Can you reach out to trex and explain what is going on right now in the community?
crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 05:03:02 PM

Can you reach out to trex and explain what is going on right now in the community?

Hm, where did you get this information? Next time please named your source, because i can't find it!
Jiggy0001

View Profile
March 07, 2017, 09:23:40 PM

Hm, where did you get this information? Next time please named your source, because i can't find it!

check trex slack or put 2 and 2 together Cheesy
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 07:25:34 AM

Here are some excerpts from my chat with the developer,

Regarding pricing,

He has agreed to create a new coin with an updated code source for the price of 0.4 BTC. He would like to receive 0.2 BTC before starting and the remaining 0.2 BTC once it is finished. As collateral he has offered to provide me with the source code for his crosschain swap tool mentioned below.

i have the remainder of today and also tomorrow to get the major work done and out of the way; past that im not sure when i'll be free again.

again - up to you, i most probably wouldnt make it a priority unless there was an upfront component. i received 50% upfront for moon and had it migrated from 0.8 to 0.10 in the space of 2 weeks (give or take half the hair on my head).

What would be the cost for a new coin and this?

i wasn't too keen on releasing the crosschain code (when i offered it for use in supercoin+); purely due to the fact that it is quite unique in that all exchanges still do a manual swap, meaning once it is on github - everyone will then clone it. however if its part of a package i'm happy to release it (at the end of the day, its just code - i will gpl it, just as long as my name gets passed on).

happy to stand up a 0.9 series pos codebase; either faircoin/navcoin looks pretty good for this, can reuse graphics as i go?

Regarding a chain swap tool,

it works by encoding a base58 address (of any type, 34 bytes), into two addresses of the source cryptocurrency:

it then uses a custom blockexplorer type script i wrote, to detect the send from one currency to another.
so for example, currently the hyper wallet uses H as a prefix for its addresses (Hrge94ut034t etc).
we would probably change it to h, so it remains recognisable - but so that users can't accidentally send to an address on the old chain.

people would load the new hyper wallet up (using h addresses).
people would load the old wallet, and using a special tool i wrote:

they would paste the new hyper wallets address in, and how much they intend to send from old wallet to new.
it would then come up with a special send statement that the user needs to paste into their debug window.

once this is done, they can send from the existing hyper wallet to the new.

Estimated time for completion is around 2 weeks but could be longer if problems arise as they usually do when coding things unfortunately.

What do you guys think? We have currently met our halfway point for our 0.4 BTC donation goal, we just need to get the rest in order to move forward.

We can move forward now but I would prefer waiting until the fund has been supplied so I don't get stuck footing the rest of the bill.
Jiggy0001

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 09:19:03 AM

What if the Dev gets 0.1% of the new coin?
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 09:52:13 AM

Even though the new coin would be pre-mined to allow for a swap it would only pre-mine the exact number of coins HYPER already has. It is guaranteed that not everyone will swap their HYPER so this would leave an unknown amount of coins left over from the swap that could become the new HYPER Dev Fund to expand HYPER further by providing new gaming sites with some HYPER to add it, similar to what HYPERfuture used to do.

The majority of the coins should make it through the swap process though as places such as Bittrex and DKV hold a large portion of the coins.
Jiggy0001

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 10:09:22 AM

You should really tell bill this !
DFiLeR

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 10:59:20 AM

Even though the new coin would be pre-mined to allow for a swap it would only pre-mine the exact number of coins HYPER already has. It is guaranteed that not everyone will swap their HYPER so this would leave an unknown amount of coins left over from the swap that could become the new HYPER Dev Fund to expand HYPER further by providing new gaming sites with some HYPER to add it, similar to what HYPERfuture used to do.

The majority of the coins should make it through the swap process though as places such as Bittrex and DKV hold a large portion of the coins.

Hi CryptoDatabase, crazy jack and other hyperions

Been out of crypto for the last year since my bittrex account got cleaned out. I have been around HYPER since almost day 1, the coin has always been good to me and still had some in my local wallet thankfully. Just getting back in the game, if we get very close i could probably donate .01 - .03 BTC just pm me I might not be checking the thread.

My wallet has synced in just under 2 weeks, good going i guess hehe. so i would like to see it changed aswell, if a coinswap is the best way then I think we should go ahead. Just what are we going to change to tho? A clone of an existing coin I assume but built on what? And we need a decision about the POS rate for the future. Will the new coin be just POS, we could have short POW period to attract new users and reduce pos% to end up with same total coins.

I agree we should have plenty of leftover coins from the swap for a new dev fund. We would also want to keep some for community members who are MIA at the moment.

The new coin will have a new thread under our control I assume, what about name?

I think CryptoDatabase should take over the project, coins really need a team leader at the front, not a dev, even if we have to "sub contract" the actual dev work at the moment it wont make a difference, if we could find a dev or 2 that actually believes in HYPER would be great tho.

A free mobile game or 2 with some ingame upgrades only purchasable by our currency could really attract some attention. They could even give out free coins also like a faucet. So if we could try and find some developers from that industry it would be great for the future.

VRC      VKAE3VC3iPf2FFJsrzirzk4SX6mSrzSUka                  XPM          AeX9teC4y9YMRNVb7726i8u3RTCcMksFG3
BTC       15P73FANUu5rgNcCr4kYVUNiD3tdmgqEuP             HYPER       HL2iRAWRThvAR9kt5NDdEPBhin57tD98hB
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 11:46:07 AM

Been out of crypto for the last year since my bittrex account got cleaned out. I have been around HYPER since almost day 1, the coin has always been good to me and still had some in my local wallet thankfully. Just getting back in the game, if we get very close i could probably donate .01 - .03 BTC just pm me I might not be checking the thread.

My wallet has synced in just under 2 weeks, good going i guess hehe. so i would like to see it changed aswell, if a coinswap is the best way then I think we should go ahead. Just what are we going to change to tho? A clone of an existing coin I assume but built on what? And we need a decision about the POS rate for the future. Will the new coin be just POS, we could have short POW period to attract new users and reduce pos% to end up with same total coins.

I agree we should have plenty of leftover coins from the swap for a new dev fund. We would also want to keep some for community members who are MIA at the moment.

The new coin will have a new thread under our control I assume, what about name?

I think CryptoDatabase should take over the project, coins really need a team leader at the front, not a dev, even if we have to "sub contract" the actual dev work at the moment it wont make a difference, if we could find a dev or 2 that actually believes in HYPER would be great tho.

A free mobile game or 2 with some ingame upgrades only purchasable by our currency could really attract some attention. They could even give out free coins also like a faucet. So if we could try and find some developers from that industry it would be great for the future.

I truly prefer to hire developers rather than have one take over lead mainly due to the history of coins and devs. Most developers prefer to only do temporary work as it doesn't bind them into just one project and they can focus on alternative routes to bring an income in. HYPER has never had a dedicated developer, everything has always been contracted out to 3rd parties. We also see first hand what happens when one person has sole power over a coin with what is happening now with HYPER and we would like to avoid this mistake again in the future.

A board idea has been submitted previously with support from the majority. Going this route would be the best way to insure the continued development of HYPER where no single person has control but rather a group of dedicated community members.

I suggested to crazyjack that the board could possibly consist of only those who contribute towards HYPER. I believe this would be the most beneficial outcome for a board as it would include only those who wish to see HYPER succeed. Someone who only supports HYPER via words and not actions would not be ideal for leadership.

For right now I am just trying to get everything in order and work out details of the new software. There will be some more info in my next post after this one regarding a new wallet and the progress behind the scenes on whats going on with that.

I can offer support and advice and help get things moving but I cannot devote all my time to HYPER. I do not have a normal job and my income comes from my own projects such as my database website, my game website, or projects other coins hire me for. I have to focus most of my time into that to try and make them succeed.

As my schedule straightens out then I can work on developing some other games such as the old HYPER Wars game I had going for HYPER but something like that would only be done once HYPER is back on its feet as coding games and modifying them are pretty taxing and not something that can be done quickly.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 12:03:07 PM

Okay, this post will be about the new wallet software and my suggestions. Critique them and discuss them as much as possible but reasonably, this change will be the new direction we start going in and is very important that the details get nailed into stone.

My suggested specifications following current specifications with modifications,

Block Time: 60 seconds  (+30 seconds) //This will give us roughly a 3 year window before we run into the same problem we have now
Difficulty Retarget: 10 minutes (same)
Block Reward: 72.5 HYPER (same)
Min stake 12 hours (~same)
Max stake 30 days (~same)
5%/month PoS until block 1,576,800 (3 years from first block roughly) (same)
10%/year PoS from block 1,576,801 to block 4,204,800 (5 years after the first phase) (same)
2%/year PoS after block 4,204,800 (same)

We could fork from FairCoin which has a good code base and is more up to date than the current code.

The developer has offered to set this up for us for 0.2 BTC which we currently have. He is requesting 0.1 BTC before and 0.1 BTC after it is tested, which I'm ok with. For the coin swap, this would be done using a new Crosschain application where you can essentially send your coins from the current HYPER blockchain over to the new one without having to go through the standard swapping process. This part he has offered to do for free.
DFiLeR

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 12:05:54 PM

I truly prefer to hire developers rather than have one take over lead mainly due to the history of coins and devs. Most developers prefer to only do temporary work as it doesn't bind them into just one project and they can focus on alternative routes to bring an income in. HYPER has never had a dedicated developer, everything has always been contracted out to 3rd parties. We also see first hand what happens when one person has sole power over a coin with what is happening now with HYPER and we would like to avoid this mistake again in the future.

Yes I agree it is better to hire the devs, that is why I suggested you as a "team leader" as the real dev does not want or have time to always be in touch with the community. I just think that a dev that believes a bit in HYPER and won't sell all funds straight away for BTC would be better than a dev that has no interest in HYPER really just the work. But at the moment I don't think we should pick and chose just get it working.

A board idea has been submitted previously with support from the majority. Going this route would be the best way to insure the continued development of HYPER where no single person has control but rather a group of dedicated community members.

I support this 100%, it its a better idea than nominating one person (like I did suggesting you above haha)

I can offer support and advice and help get things moving but I cannot devote all my time to HYPER. I do not have a normal job and my income comes from my own projects such as my database website, my game website, or projects other coins hire me for. I have to focus most of my time into that to try and make them succeed.

You are already doing a lot, HYPER doesn't deserve to die, thanks to you and crazy jack and others for keeping it alive.

VRC      VKAE3VC3iPf2FFJsrzirzk4SX6mSrzSUka                  XPM          AeX9teC4y9YMRNVb7726i8u3RTCcMksFG3
BTC       15P73FANUu5rgNcCr4kYVUNiD3tdmgqEuP             HYPER       HL2iRAWRThvAR9kt5NDdEPBhin57tD98hB
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 12:19:35 PM

New Bittrex notification,  "This market is being delisted on 03/18/17 due to lack of interest."

Not sure if that is their new message for coins in danger of delisting or if it is just going to be removed.
Sompameng

Activity: 695
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 12:30:52 PM

New Bittrex notification,  "This market is being delisted on 03/18/17 due to lack of interest."

Not sure if that is their new message for coins in danger of delisting or if it is just going to be removed.

Bad news. why bittrex is being delisted it?
low volume?
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 01:54:03 PM

low volume?

Most likely, if it is delisted then other exchanges would be a priority.

An update, we can expect to be testing a new wallet in around a week from now, in the meantime my previous post about specifications should strongly be considered excluding the 72.5 HYPER/block as PoW is over and that is useless at this point.
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 01:57:26 PM

Thx for the support, but now we need actions not promises. If you are willing to make a donation, do it now or just dont. Many people said many things but rarely meant it for real.

All specifications will stay the same, except blocks generation time. A would rather see higher blocks generation time up to 120 sec per block. But even 60 sec will probably work.

Maybe, but you must know i sent a mass PM to everyone who ever posted here introducing the current situation and if they haven't started caring at that time on they certainly won't care in future also. I sent almost 613 PMs and maybe got only 20 responses. That is the real situation.

Yes, the name stays, we wont change it so smth like HYP3R or HYPER 2.0!
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 01:59:19 PM

Okay, this post will be about the new wallet software and my suggestions. Critique them and discuss them as much as possible but reasonably, this change will be the new direction we start going in and is very important that the details get nailed into stone.

My suggested specifications following current specifications with modifications,

Block Time: 60 seconds  (+30 seconds) //This will give us roughly a 3 year window before we run into the same problem we have now
Difficulty Retarget: 10 minutes (same)
Block Reward: 72.5 HYPER (same)
Min stake 12 hours (~same)
Max stake 30 days (~same)
5%/month PoS until block 1,576,800 (3 years from first block roughly) (same)
10%/year PoS from block 1,576,801 to block 4,204,800 (5 years after the first phase) (same)
2%/year PoS after block 4,204,800 (same)

We could fork from FairCoin which has a good code base and is more up to date than the current code.

The developer has offered to set this up for us for 0.2 BTC which we currently have. He is requesting 0.1 BTC before and 0.1 BTC after it is tested, which I'm ok with. For the coin swap, this would be done using a new Crosschain application where you can essentially send your coins from the current HYPER blockchain over to the new one without having to go through the standard swapping process. This part he has offered to do for free.

That is great, i vote for this.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 02:05:16 PM

A would rather see higher blocks generation time up to 120 sec per block. But even 60 sec will probably work.

The longer the better. 2 min block times would put us at a decent expansion rate of only 720 blocks per day and a blockchain bloat of roughly 262,800 blocks per year.

Current rate is set at 2,880 blocks per day and a massive 1,051,200 blocks per year.
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 02:07:13 PM

low volume?

Most likely, if it is delisted then other exchanges would be a priority.

An update, we can expect to be testing a new wallet in around a week from now, in the meantime my previous post about specifications should strongly be considered excluding the 72.5 HYPER/block as PoW is over and that is useless at this point.

That is their decision. We should let it go and move to other exchanges. Most likely cryptopia should be good replacement, although some of you might had bad experience with this exchange. But what else is left, anyway? And yes PoW doesn't feel good for me either.
crazyjack
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 02:17:46 PM

But most importantly is the support from the community, i guess anything can be done with this obsolete wallet we have now, but without very much needed support from you, you the community, we should should "lock this door and throw away the key" and turn to another "door". That is why we set a timer for fundraising donations with upper limit per donation per member. Quantity matters. To end this misery once and for all. Either way.
Pages: « 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: