Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:23:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Due to big HYPER projects like Poker site, giveaways, competitions, bounties and marketing the 500 000 HYPER MMO Development Fund will be at 450 000 HYPER soon. What should we do?
Keep sponsoring more awesome HYPER projects and spend it down to 400 000 HYPER and then preserve the fund at 400 000 HYPER - 115 (45.1%)
Limit spending (less HYPER projects) until the monthly staking brings the fund back up to 500 000 HYPER - 40 (15.7%)
Manage it how you like. HYPER seems to be going awesome keep it up! - 100 (39.2%)
Total Voters: 255

Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HYPER ~ Game Currency ~MMOs ~Poker ~ 20+ Servers~ShapeShift.io ~RPG +More!  (Read 716710 times)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 03:01:14 PM

As Promised I made a video to explain where I'm at with things.  It is unlisted and has no searchable tags.  I don't feel it's necessary to make public. Most of the players of HYPER are right here.   https://youtu.be/_LynbTmw8qY

It's 15 minutes and gives to my best knowledge what I've contributed and my stance on HYPER moving forward.  Please watch in its entirety.
If I didn't mention in the video I've managed the Twitter feed since January. The bot went off when it was clear HYPERfuture was gone from this thread.
I'm still here but I'm not going to do PR if certain things don't happen. I'm not a shill for the sake of bagholders if the dev is gone with the bounty funds.

Either HYPERfuture comes out of anonymity or places the bounty wallet over to the community on here. I can't run a coin. I can help with PR and work in that arena and be a face.

PLEASE communicate with me here in public or PM if I'm way off base or completely wrong on some of my points.  My memory fails me and I make mistakes too...

Bittrex isn't playing with low volume coins anymore it seems and they are about to hammer out several of them...not just HYPER.
I need a list of developments from someone as small or large as you can think of so I can communicate them back to Bittrex. I'm in contact with them. That's what they need.  Daily volume is only ONE requirment. They also want to see development.  HYPERfuture is gone for now if that continues this bodes very badly for Bittrex listing HYPER going forward.

Watching now. Looks like I'm first! "No views" Smiley

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 03:23:36 PM

As Promised I made a video to explain where I'm at with things.  It is unlisted and has no searchable tags.  I don't feel it's necessary to make public. Most of the players of HYPER are right here.   https://youtu.be/_LynbTmw8qY

It's 15 minutes and gives to my best knowledge what I've contributed and my stance on HYPER moving forward.  Please watch in its entirety.
If I didn't mention in the video I've managed the Twitter feed since January. The bot went off when it was clear HYPERfuture was gone from this thread.
I'm still here but I'm not going to do PR if certain things don't happen. I'm not a shill for the sake of bagholders if the dev is gone with the bounty funds.

Either HYPERfuture comes out of anonymity or places the bounty wallet over to the community on here. I can't run a coin. I can help with PR and work in that arena and be a face.

PLEASE communicate with me here in public or PM if I'm way off base or completely wrong on some of my points.  My memory fails me and I make mistakes too...

Bittrex isn't playing with low volume coins anymore it seems and they are about to hammer out several of them...not just HYPER.
I need a list of developments from someone as small or large as you can think of so I can communicate them back to Bittrex. I'm in contact with them. That's what they need.  Daily volume is only ONE requirment. They also want to see development.  HYPERfuture is gone for now if that continues this bodes very badly for Bittrex listing HYPER going forward.

Watching now. Looks like I'm first! "No views" Smiley

Actually I didn't watch it either. I hope I hit all the main points regarding history of HYPER as I know it. Let me know if I'm off base on the timings/details. 

You did, and I'm 100% with you -- I want HYPERFuture to turn over the bounty fund to someone. I don't see the community following him anymore after the past, and that's the only way I can see this becoming viable again.

I'm also amazed at how little you were paid for all you did -- 7k HYPER, even in the beginning wasn't a lot.

And FWIW, my hostility towards the coin isn't due to FUD. I'm one of the top 20 richlist (and considering at least 3 of those belong to exchanges, that's more like the top 17, at least), have invested a lot of funds AND time in the project, and gone way out of my way to help bring success to it. I've sold a grand total of ZERO coins to this point, and still don't plan to sell any. That said, the project, as it is, is not going to go anywhere. Either HYPERFuture returns to allow someone to take over or we're all going to tank.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2016, 04:45:31 PM

I completely agree with you Jeremiah. In regards to him remaining anonymous I have a PM from him where he tells me that he was going to come out and announce who he was but.. he never did.

The only connection that I can make to HF is through Psybits who owns http://altcointalk.org. He is listed as the current manager of HYPER and was the one who asked me to contact HYPERfuture to talk about adding HYPER to my services. I ended up getting really busy at the time at which point HF contacted me about it instead.

I've posted my thoughts previously in the thread about what has been going on but at this time I would like to offer a suggestion on how to improve HYPER and get it going back on track.

My suggestion is to make a new HYPER coin. One that has a fully functioning wallet that doesn't eat up RAM and CPU to keep running.

The most recent coin to be added to DKV is called Rubies which is a gambling POS coin. Their wallet is super fast and very lightweight in regards to resources needed to run it. Modeling HYPER after Rubies would greatly improve the support it would receive as anyone would be able to use it.

Remaking the coin using Rubies software would improve the speed and use of HYPER as well as remove the massive resource cost to use it.

The dev fund for here is what worries me if my accusations are indeed correct. Remaking HYPER using more efficient code would also allow the possibility to create a new dev fund that will be used to advance the coin to where it should be. Instead of a single person holding all of the funds it would have to be a team that does it.

One person to do PR would hold a portion of the coins, one person in charge of developments would hold a portion, one person would hold a backup portion to support the other departments with a managing team above them to hold it all together. Something along those lines, that way if one person is unavailable the coin could still move forward.

If this were to be done then a swap would also have to occur to allow current holders to switch over with ease. In addition, 5% stake per month is too high, it needs to be closer to 5% per year or lower.

Personally, I can only support HYPER via my services as I run multiple websites and do the majority of the work required for them by myself. Some of my other sponsors help me with promotion and other aspects of running the sites which is awesome and appreciated but all of the coding and updates falls to me.
Ombc

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

Hey Nice too meet you! i'm Ombc :D

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:31:15 PM

Lets hope hyperfuture comes back Wink

but its really said that he kinda left Sad

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:55:49 PM

How much dev fund was there and is it enought to kill the project if dumped?

He didn't seem the type to run with the loot. Perhaps something happened to him?

This coin had an awesome community and that UFC fighter having hyper currency on his shorts was pretty cool

Surely this coin can be revived.

tomahawkeer

Activity: 109

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 06:43:08 PM

it figures. I think my wallet is fubar. I cannot send transactions out of it. 34k+ coins, and cant get them out. Going to have to resync or something I guess.

It's a shame to see whats happening
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 08:36:30 PM

How much dev fund was there and is it enought to kill the project if dumped?

He didn't seem the type to run with the loot. Perhaps something happened to him?

This coin had an awesome community and that UFC fighter having hyper currency on his shorts was pretty cool

Surely this coin can be revived.

Dev fund holds 224k (3.4% of all in circulation).

cryptoskibum

Activity: 65

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 02:03:15 AM

As Promised I made a video to explain where I'm at with things.  It is unlisted and has no searchable tags.  I don't feel it's necessary to make public. Most of the players of HYPER are right here.   https://youtu.be/_LynbTmw8qY

It's 15 minutes and gives to my best knowledge what I've contributed and my stance on HYPER moving forward.  Please watch in its entirety.

PLEASE communicate with me here in public or PM if I'm way off base or completely wrong on some of my points.  My memory fails me and I make mistakes too...

I need a list of developments from someone as small or large as you can think of so I can communicate them back to Bittrex. I'm in contact with them. That's what they need.  Daily volume is only ONE requirment. They also want to see development.  HYPERfuture is gone for now if that continues this bodes very badly for Bittrex listing HYPER going forward.

Wow, thanks for posting that Jeremiah. You are a beyond a stand-up guy and I'd be surprised if the coin would even be worth anything today if it wasn't for all the work you did earlier this year, especially concerning the Jon Fitch situation, which was pretty awesome. Besides the Bitcoin Bowl, how many other crypto's have been in a nationally televised sporting event? Have any?

Full disclosure, I have one of the top 5 wallets. I don't know why or how it happened, I just kept buying and staking. I'm not a developer, I was never given a bounty or anything. I got in over 2 years ago when Seaman was talking it up on his podcast and yes I also had some NAUT which I lost in the MintPal clusterfuck (my fault leaving coins on the exchange) as well as being duped into buying some Weiner shit coins, so I'm pretty much the worst crypto investor ever. I don't like to think about how much I've lost. I just look at it as a valuable, real-life finance and investing class.

So I'm a super bagholder. Am I mad about HYPERfuture just bailing - of course I am and I feel like he screwed us all. But like Jeremiah said in his video, this is a great community and the coin, has a great use case. Yes, other have made moves, but the community is what makes a coin stand out and survive.

I'm also with Jeremiah, I don't plan on selling (maybe through a few on the buy and sell to keep the volume up).

At this point it seems like something drastic has to occur to keep this coin alive. Besides HYPERfuture bailing on us, the next biggest issue is the RAM-hog wallet. Is it even possible to get a new wallet with the coin losing value as it has? I doubt any developers will want to get paid in HYPER at this point.

CryptoDatabase makes an interesting suggestion. I don't have the technical expertise to know what entails creating a new HYPER coin. Would this be considered a hard fork or just a whole new coin? Would we all lose the coins we have or would they transfer to the new coin.

Now is the time where we need to be bold. The coin is ours and should be in the hands of people who actually care.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 02:59:35 AM

I completely agree with you Jeremiah. In regards to him remaining anonymous I have a PM from him where he tells me that he was going to come out and announce who he was but.. he never did.

The only connection that I can make to HF is through Psybits who owns http://altcointalk.org. He is listed as the current manager of HYPER and was the one who asked me to contact HYPERfuture to talk about adding HYPER to my services. I ended up getting really busy at the time at which point HF contacted me about it instead.

I've posted my thoughts previously in the thread about what has been going on but at this time I would like to offer a suggestion on how to improve HYPER and get it going back on track.

My suggestion is to make a new HYPER coin. One that has a fully functioning wallet that doesn't eat up RAM and CPU to keep running.

The most recent coin to be added to DKV is called Rubies which is a gambling POS coin. Their wallet is super fast and very lightweight in regards to resources needed to run it. Modeling HYPER after Rubies would greatly improve the support it would receive as anyone would be able to use it.

Remaking the coin using Rubies software would improve the speed and use of HYPER as well as remove the massive resource cost to use it.

The dev fund for here is what worries me if my accusations are indeed correct. Remaking HYPER using more efficient code would also allow the possibility to create a new dev fund that will be used to advance the coin to where it should be. Instead of a single person holding all of the funds it would have to be a team that does it.

One person to do PR would hold a portion of the coins, one person in charge of developments would hold a portion, one person would hold a backup portion to support the other departments with a managing team above them to hold it all together. Something along those lines, that way if one person is unavailable the coin could still move forward.

If this were to be done then a swap would also have to occur to allow current holders to switch over with ease. In addition, 5% stake per month is too high, it needs to be closer to 5% per year or lower.

Personally, I can only support HYPER via my services as I run multiple websites and do the majority of the work required for them by myself. Some of my other sponsors help me with promotion and other aspects of running the sites which is awesome and appreciated but all of the coding and updates falls to me.

I've put a lot of thought into this... I think a new coin may be the only solution here. It has its downsides, of course, but as long as all existing HYPER can be traded in for the new coin and a solid team is set up to back the coin, I think we can resurrect it.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 05:54:37 PM

Less than three days remain for the DKV Premium Shop's  2x stat bonus when using HYPER or GP to purchase stats in game. It will end on the 23rd. Great time to buy while the price is cheap.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2016, 05:55:26 PM

I might be alone in this...but only because I'm not a coder whatsoever...but what about Ethereum based tokens?
Here's First Blood for example:  https://firstblood.io/

I'm not too familiar with how ETH operates in regards to adding tokens, could you possibly give a short explanation of what all it would entail and how it would operate?
pablocality

Activity: 103

i.imgur.com/RK7GDbw.jpg

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 07:35:50 PM

Jeremiah, thanks for the video and for being so transparent.  I really appreciate it.  I agree with most of what you said in the video.  
I agree with the idea of a relaunch provided a few specifics have been agreed on by the community.  For example but not limited to:
Necessary would be that community members are guaranteed an equivalent share in the new network (amount of coins).
 Hyperfuture held dev funds must be eliminated from the new supply.  

To note:
I was in communication in the past with hyperfuture about doing some work; primarily graphic work, but I did not accept any HYPER for any work I did.  
All of my HYPER was bought on the market or staked into existence.  I have a somewhat significant holdings and would like to see this project carried forward.
I entered this space because I came across the wonderful world of cryptocurrency, and the connection to video games made complete sense.  Even playing the Snake game for some Hyper is fun!  

I might be alone in this...but only because I'm not a coder whatsoever...but what about Ethereum based tokens?
Here's First Blood for example:  https://firstblood.io/

Not sure exactly what you mean by this.  So I should not give an opinion.  I would like to hear more though.  

I think we have a strong community here, friends.  Let’s continue this project.
Ombc

Activity: 95

Hey Nice too meet you! i'm Ombc :D

View Profile
September 20, 2016, 07:49:53 PM

Yes hyper can't die...

One For All And All For One! Smiley

Maybe we can start a new coin with the same concept but without hyper future?

And then the leader will be someone that is much active and have good ideas

i really hope this isn't the end of hyper we need to re create the coin i think

Anyways i've an cool idea i've setup a discord server so we can chat there (discord is something like skype but than for gamers)

and i've also the idea that not one person have the private keys but like more people so if one stops (like now) the hyper project can still continue

Discord link : https://discord.gg/YbZpW

bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 01:49:20 AM

It's awesome to have a guy like Jeremiah on board with PR and marketing, it's also good to see ideas being thrown around but I think that in reality we can't really do anything for the coin until hyperfuture returns? Maybe there is another way but if he/she has those bounty funds it's kinda like he/she has the coin hostage.
bitChipper

Activity: 896
Merit: 290

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 01:59:34 AM

This is a good idea, I think if we can somehow rebuild the coin on top of ethereum or omni it would bring the coin more value. just my 2 satoshi....im no developer though haha Wink
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 05:19:26 AM

This is a good idea, I think if we can somehow rebuild the coin on top of ethereum or omni it would bring the coin more value. just my 2 satoshi....im no developer though haha Wink

I want to say that I spent a while reading and analyzing the whitepaper for FirstBlood. I seriously hope none of you invest in it -- it's a HORRIBLE idea. They're doing a predatory investment scheme and it's ridiculous.

On using an ETH-based coin (or similar), I'm kind of iffy. This severely limits the market. Most people don't use or want to use ETH, and you add yet another failure point:

1) BTC
2) ETH
3) NewCoin

This just isn't a good idea. Not to mention now you have to build MORE value because you have to get people to go from fiat -> BTC -> ETH -> NewCoin, which is far more work than most are interested in doing.

HiggsBosunBlues

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 06:51:46 AM

I want to say that I spent a while reading and analyzing the whitepaper for FirstBlood. I seriously hope none of you invest in it -- it's a HORRIBLE idea. They're doing a predatory investment scheme and it's ridiculous.

On using an ETH-based coin (or similar), I'm kind of iffy. This severely limits the market. Most people don't use or want to use ETH, and you add yet another failure point:

1) BTC
2) ETH
3) NewCoin

This just isn't a good idea. Not to mention now you have to build MORE value because you have to get people to go from fiat -> BTC -> ETH -> NewCoin, which is far more work than most are interested in doing.

Agree with pretty much everything here. A move to ETH would be premature and not helpful imo.
The single biggest problem this coin has is the blockchain bloat, the supply is low, it has a large community and plenty of interest, the parameters and coin specs are excellent.
Maybe I am biased, as I too am a top 10 holder but HYPER is still one of my most prized possessions, its nowhere near a 'dying' coin as some have suggested here.

So HyperFuture has gone missing.. again. No big deal if you ask me, not the first time and it simply opens up an opportunity for the community to take it where they see fit.
A simple swap to a new chain could be a possibility where the wallets the community decides are excluded can not take part.
Plenty of devs out there, some of which Id assume are already in this coin in some way or another. Hell if I had the time, Id do it myself.
Regardless, Ill keep buying and staking.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 07:01:06 AM

1) BTC
2) ETH
3) NewCoin

Agree with pretty much everything here. A move to ETH would be premature and not helpful imo.
The single biggest problem this coin has is the blockchain bloat, the supply is low, it has a large community and plenty of interest, the parameters and coin specs are excellent.
Maybe I am biased, as I too am a top 10 holder but HYPER is still one of my most prized possessions, its nowhere near a 'dying' coin as some have suggested here.

So HyperFuture has gone missing.. again. No big deal if you ask me, not the first time and it simply opens up an opportunity for the community to take it where they see fit.
A simple swap to a new chain could be a possibility where the wallets the community decides are excluded can not take part.
Plenty of devs out there, some of which Id assume are already in this coin in some way or another. Hell if I had the time, Id do it myself.
Regardless, Ill keep buying and staking.

I'm not entirely sure if blockchain bloat is even an issue. Is this what's causing the RAM problems, or are they elsewhere? I don't know the technical specifics behind that. I just know the wallet as it is SUCKS. It needs a huge overhaul, and I agree that if the blockchain can be shrunk, that would be great as well. That part isn't needed now, but would likely be down the road if the community can make it take off again. And it's kind of funny, so far I've seen 3 posters (aside from me, so 4) out of the top 20 wallets. We account for 20% of the top holders (30% if we exclude Bittrex) but none of us have the technical expertise to take this to the next level.

pablocality

i.imgur.com/RK7GDbw.jpg

View Profile
September 21, 2016, 03:50:15 PM

The wallet does need some work, but it is functioning properly for me.  Albeit, it is slow to sync up, but once synced it speeds up.

I agree about the ETH thing.  I know some people do not like ethereum and this would for sure keep people away from HYPER.  Also, I can not even begin to say that I understand ethereum code, so I am nervous about the idea of building something on top of ethereum.
Blade0917

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2016, 12:45:13 AM

Hi, I'm not really known here at all but I am a long-time supporter of Hyper. I want to see Hyper succeed, even if only used in one MMO to serve a small community of people or for some other reason I would like to see it go on. The project is worth something to me and I would not like to see it fall. I'm not a developer, I don't really have any valuable skills and there isn't really much of anything that I could provide for the project but I know that I will never sell out. If forced to I will go down with the whole thing, no regrets, and someday when I have obtained liberation through the use of other crypto technologies I may have the free time/connections/or skills to be of actual value to the project to see a revival? I've watched Jeremiah's update on the current status of Hyper which is why I decided to say something, even if it doesn't do anything, just to know there's at least one more person not wanting to give up. The only thing I could really think of that I could do is try to bring in more users but with the wallet being so resource heavy and development not moving forward it is very difficult.. anyway, thanks for reading my reply. I hope something good is on it's way to Hyper.
Pages: « 1 ... 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 [318] 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: