Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:34:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 [1191] 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SouthernBTC

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:12:20 PM

At what phase is XC at the moment? Alpha or Beta? Because it isn't publicly released yet right?

Beta. Rev 3 will be the public launch.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:26:22 PM

However you weren't able to define terms clearly enough to persuade me of your view.

I really wasn't attempting to convince you - as part of the XC team that would go against your self interest.  Let me put it another way.

Anon currency's value is being able to do transactions in said currency.  Only way to do a transaction is if everybody agrees on a currency (the only reason a currency works is because a doctor needs food from a farmer and a farmer needs services from a doctor.  And a currency allows them to exchange services but not at the same time because they "agree" on said currency)

XC has a market cap of less than 10% of the leading market cap anon coin.  (I own none of them).  This is what happens when you don't have consensus around a coin.  If I want to use it for an anonymous transaction it's worthless to me if we are talking much money.  If there are more than 5 people in the world who want to do a $5,000 transaction in one day.  Then XC is out of the question.

And yes - this is a direct result of consensus vs marketing.

Love how you come in and FUD the project while completely missing how the business case of XC is. Please continue so everyone can see how stupid you are Smiley
Please let him talk & discuss, imo this is not fud but a opinion. one i btw not fully understand or agree atm but are interested in. If a community wishes to grow more people and more different opinions and views come in, just the way things work
SouthernBTC

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:27:12 PM

"Monero fanboy 1: I say BTC-e adding XMR will have a greater impact than it would being added to cryptsy.

Rkjfhdtinki: I 1000% agree with this.  It seems like a perfect fit for BTC-E ..."

Funny he is in monero thread supporting them, yet claims he doesn't own an anon coin. Oh, he also seems to be in other threads talking about Jasin Lee. Seems rkfjushtstinki no like xc very much.
SouthernBTC

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:34:15 PM

However you weren't able to define terms clearly enough to persuade me of your view.

I really wasn't attempting to convince you - as part of the XC team that would go against your self interest.  Let me put it another way.

Anon currency's value is being able to do transactions in said currency.  Only way to do a transaction is if everybody agrees on a currency (the only reason a currency works is because a doctor needs food from a farmer and a farmer needs services from a doctor.  And a currency allows them to exchange services but not at the same time because they "agree" on said currency)

XC has a market cap of less than 10% of the leading market cap anon coin.  (I own none of them).  This is what happens when you don't have consensus around a coin.  If I want to use it for an anonymous transaction it's worthless to me if we are talking much money.  If there are more than 5 people in the world who want to do a $5,000 transaction in one day.  Then XC is out of the question.

Love how you come in and FUD the project while completely missing how the business case of XC is. Please continue so everyone can see how stupid you are Smiley
Please let him talk & discuss, imo this is not fud but a opinion. one i btw not fully understand or agree atm but are interested in. If a community wishes to grow more people and more different opinions and views come in, just the way things work

Coming in here telling people to sell because they will be burned by early investors is not FUD, are you crazy...whatever go ahead and talk rdurytiinski, our community wants to hear more Huh Huh Huh
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:37:32 PM

Coming in here telling people to sell because they will be burned by early investors is not FUD, are you crazy...whatever go ahead and talk rdurytiinski, our community wants to hear more Huh Huh Huh

It is still his opinion...if he does not want to Invest in XC he will cry when in six months it will be the 2 coin in market cap Wink

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 06:38:10 PM

At what phase is XC at the moment? Alpha or Beta? Because it isn't publicly released yet right?

Beta. Rev 3 will be the public launch.
Oke, so that will still be a while?
tat123

Activity: 261

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 06:46:45 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 01:08:26 AM by tat123

rdnkjdi... should I invest in PoW? So the miners, (who are the early adopters) can get rich? Which will lead to No community, no consensus = coin stagnates & dies.

-NXT vs Litecoin? Talk about cherry picking to make your argument about PoS vs PoW.

-This price stability is the result of people at the top of the food chain not selling? You are correct! Why? Because they know the price is too low. Thank you Captain Obvious.

You have been accused of FUD in other threads, because where there is smoke, there is fire. Yesterday we have news that REV2 is going to be released and you show up. How convenient. This thread had been FUD-free for the longest time, and now we have a gentleman who is suffering from Dunning–Kruger effect, telling us what a weak community we have here, and our tech will have no impact. What are you basing your metrics on? A feeling? The talking rock by the river?

No KimmyF. I will not listen to him, because I know who he is, and what he is doing. He is talking about absolutes. He is making claims about consensus, that can be applied to almost all the coins, but is cherry picking. How is that a fair discussion? Nobody here knows the future, so why would I listen to an argument that is singling out XC? Its true... he claims not to support any other coin, but its obvious Monero is his baby. Enough with this guy already.

Dungor

Activity: 178

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:49:08 PM

His post is clearly FUD, so much that it could have been used as an example of FUD if you tried to explain people what FUD is.

Of cause we have to be nice to new investors, but he clearly isn't one and he clearly has motives of talking XC down in order of making other coins look good. XC is still so young that we have to be a bit protectionist about it.

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
SouthernBTC

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:57:31 PM

rdnkjdi... should I invest in PoW? So the miners, (who are the early adopters) can get rich? Which will lead to No community, no consensus = coin stagnates & dies.

-NXT vs Litecoin? Talk about cherry picking to make your argument about PoS vs PoW.

-This price stability is the result of people at the top of the food chain not selling? You correct! Why? Because they know the price is too low. Thank you Captain Obvious.

You have been accused of FUD in other threads, because where there is smoke, there is fire. Yesterday we have news that REV2 is going to be released and you show up. How convenient. This thread had been FUD-free for the longest time, and now we have a gentleman who is suffering from Dunning–Kruger effect, telling us what a weak community we have here, and our tech will have no impact. What are you basing your metrics on? A feeling? The talking rock by the river?

No KimmyF. I will not listen to him, because I know who he is, and what he is doing. He is talking about absolutes. He is making claims about consensus, that can be applied to almost all the coins, but is cherry picking. How is that a fair discussion? Nobody here knows the future, so why would I listen to an argument that is singling out XC? Its true... he claims not to support any other coin, but its obvious Monero is his baby. Enough with this guy already.

+1

This is so awesome, thanks for backing me up guys. I counted  three of you, only 47 more to go until the whole community stands against rijkrstinski Wink
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 07:00:20 PM

People need to stop being dumb and selling.

I am wondering why they are doing that.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:06:01 PM

"Monero fanboy 1: I say BTC-e adding XMR will have a greater impact than it would being added to cryptsy.

Rkjfhdtinki: I 1000% agree with this.  It seems like a perfect fit for BTC-E ..."

Funny he is in monero thread supporting them, yet claims he doesn't own an anon coin. Oh, he also seems to be in other threads talking about Jasin Lee. Seems rkfjushtstinki no like xc very much.

That statement was more about the exchange BTC-E which brings the better crowd for the anon based coin the community picks which looking at volume right now happens to be Monero.  As soon as this changes my interest will shift to whatever coin gains community consensus.  I don't own and I am no one's fanboy.  I'm sure I'll be accused of FUD with Monero eventually.

And yes.  Jasinlee your developer cost me several thousand dollars which is what threw this coin on my radar in the first place.  Last I saw - litecoin ASIC buyers are bringing a group lawsuit against him   Roll Eyes

Litecoin and NXT was not really cherry picking.  Bitcoin and NXT would be cherry picking.  When BitsharesX has been around for six months we can compare that one. 
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:06:34 PM

I'm trying to answer that for you guys so you aren't so mystified  Roll Eyes

This is so awesome, thanks for backing me up guys. I counted  three of you, only 47 more to go until the whole community stands against rijkrstinski Wink

Such community.  So strong
wooder

Activity: 324

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:11:01 PM

these are not "people" this is someone with a big stake that tries to hold down the price.

look at cryptsy for example. the base is really good at 130k there is a 26 BTC order and at 120k there is another 12 BTC order.

i would say - someone just tries to shake out the weak hands. if someone wants to test what happens, please sell 20k XC@130k Smiley
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:11:13 PM

What are you basing your metrics on? A feeling? The talking rock by the river?

The coin price.
The direction the coin price continues to go even with new features.
The number of community members.
The lack of continued adoption.
The total coin volume.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:11:49 PM

these are not "people" this is someone with a big stake that tries to hold down the price.

look at cryptsy for example. the base is really good at 130k there is a 26 BTC order and at 120k there is another 12 BTC order.

i would say - someone just tries to shake out the weak hands. if someone wants to test what happens, please sell 20k XC Smiley

It's early adopters "shaking out the weak hands" o.O

I'll leave it be.  I really have no ill will towards the coin.  It's dying - just trying to save the small fry investors a few bucks. 
wooder

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:16:22 PM

What are you basing your metrics on? A feeling? The talking rock by the river?

The coin price.
The direction the coin price continues to go even with new features.
The number of community members.
The lack of continued adoption.
The total coin volume.

The number of community members. - it would really be interresting so see how much stake holders DRK had in May - i think even less. the distribution will happen when the price rises
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:19:47 PM

i dont agree with you on that one.

if you are going to hold until there is a billion dollar market cap you dont need more than 10k xc to see what most of the world would consider tremendous wealth, but if you dont spread out the coins amongst more investors than you will never see the billion dollar market cap to start with.

lets be honest about it, an anonymous easy to use communication platform is worth a billion dollars.
but unless there are 100 million people using it it is not even worth worth a few million dollars until the idea has been patented and is made marketable, therefore we need to get all of cryptoland involved before this idea is made mainstream outside of XC's control, or xc will just be a speculators toy and dan might as well have just worked for the CIA or google.

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
wooder

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:21:20 PM

i would say - someone just tries to shake out the weak hands. if someone wants to test what happens, please sell 20k XC Smiley

I'll leave it be.  I really have no ill will towards the coin.  It's dying - just trying to save the small fry investors a few bucks.  

this somehow doesn't sum up. i mean the price stays stable in this area for months. if the big holders wouldn't have faith in this coin they would allready cash out and we would already see a price drop and/or a better distribution
braxx

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:23:07 PM

I'll leave it be.  I really have no ill will towards the coin.  It's dying - just trying to save the small fry investors a few bucks.  
Hey you know what?
the largest wallet is the one of mintpal
602,000 XC
that is only 12% of total coins

ALL THE REST 88% DON'T WANT TO SELL AND IS STAKING

that's the reason of low volume

ps: SouthernBTC  =>  +1   Cheesy
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:25:20 PM

-This price stability is the result of people at the top of the food chain not selling? You correct! Why? Because they know the price is too low. Thank you Captain Obvious.

+1

lol. + 1

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
Pages: « 1 ... 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 [1191] 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: