Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:15:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 [1198] 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:03:52 PM

I doubt anyone is using anon Transactions at all... we should set up a team of 10-20 people that do small anon transactions back and forth to test the mixer and the payment system

So the system doesn't force anon - only if you request it?  And does the mixer only mix with other people doing anon?

There are situation when users don't want to use 'private' transactions. If they do its as simple as checking a box in the ui.

I apologize for the dumb questions.  So if I have 10 coins and they're sitting in my wallet and I have the "mix" enabled.  Then it will constantly mix my 10 coins with the other coins going around in transactions?  If I keep the mixer "off" then it will not mix the coins that have been specified to be mixed?

Is it something like this?

No if you have the Mixer on you will mix other people anon transactions nothing to do with your coins. the amount of coins in your wallet determin the fact that the Mixer can be started or not to work as a mixer. So for example in the last release max 150 coins in the mixer in the final one min 550 xc

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SouthernBTC

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:12:20 PM

I doubt anyone is using anon Transactions at all... we should set up a team of 10-20 people that do small anon transactions back and forth to test the mixer and the payment system

So the system doesn't force anon - only if you request it?  And does the mixer only mix with other people doing anon?

There are situation when users don't want to use 'private' transactions. If they do its as simple as checking a box in the ui.

I apologize for the dumb questions.  So if I have 10 coins and they're sitting in my wallet and I have the "mix" enabled.  Then it will constantly mix my 10 coins with the other coins going around in transactions?  If I keep the mixer "off" then it will not mix the coins that have been specified to be mixed?

When sending coins if my mixer is on - it will mark the coins to be mixed.  If my mixer is off - then coin transaction will be transparent.

Is it something like this?

Unfortunately I can't answer this question. I do want to apologize for being so brash yesterday but I wasn't crazy about a couple of your comments. I do appreciate when you come in here and ask questions like this in a respectful manner; And I welcome constructive criticism and inquisitiveness. We wouldn't be such a great community if we didn't get defensive from time to time. With that being said, can anyone answer rdnkjdi's question?

Edit: looks like someone already has.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:29:08 PM

No if you have the Mixer on you will mix other people anon transactions nothing to do with your coins. the amount of coins in your wallet determin the fact that the Mixer can be started or not to work as a mixer. So for example in the last release max 150 coins in the mixer in the final one min 550 xc

Awesome got it.  Thank you for the explanation.  

Unfortunately I can't answer this question. I do want to apologize for being so brash yesterday but I wasn't crazy about a couple of your comments. I do appreciate when you come in here and ask questions like this in a respectful manner; And I welcome constructive criticism and inquisitiveness. We wouldn't be such a great community if we didn't get defensive from time to time. With that being said, can anyone answer rdnkjdi's question?

It takes a lot to hurt my feelings and it's not possible to do on a forum.  So rest assured I take nothing personally Smiley  I understand my opinions may not be popular (especially when I start posting negative views in a coin's primary thread.) and I'm perfectly capable of taking the heat.

But I think I pretty strongly stand by everything I said.  I've been a hodler in dying coins and turned thousands into hundreds.  So (believe it or not) my warnings were not an attempt to drive capital into my crypto of choice.  

tr8kr

Activity: 661

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:17:21 PM

@rdnkjdi

About your argument, I still have to say that XC are not trying to replace the existing currencies (Euro, Dollar ...) but look at XC currency as tokens to use the service of XC Platform.
And therefore more services will be asked for the XC platform and more the price of the XC currency will increase.

About Bitcoin the mother of all other crypto currency only 2 thing can be used 'fast transaction' and 'protection against the copy of that currency' which does not justify this value but being the first crypto currency exchanged, he had a speculative engoufrement explaining the price of our days.

XC uses the foundations laid by the Bitcoin in adding useful applications for our future transaction and our future communication ,the foundation of XC Platform its anonymous and the traceability of encrypted transaction are impossible and on top of that using this platform you have, text messages, voice and video encrypted, smart contract, stream of web content...
The XC Platform is the most complete to date and the strongest where many tool will be able to use this power without too much work.

And to finish, BTC and all coin that can be mined are in serious treat of 51% attack, this cant be possible to forget this for a currency but this is not the case of XC.

It is now my vision of what this economy bring XC.

PS:This is not my first language then sorry if you dont understand my thought.
Dungor

Activity: 178

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:40:52 PM

Hello Halcyon community. The code for the Peersend decentralized and trustless anon is fully operational and currently in the beta test phase. I’m testing it locally in a multi-system virtualized environment and have it also connecting externally to the environments of a few trusted friends.

I mentioned about a week ago that I was looking for a trusted developer to review the code.

At the suggestion of many in the community, I have submitted the code to Dan Metcalf for his Proof of Code and security services. Dan and I tried to do it by simply screen sharing, but it is inefficient and took too many hours. After asking the advice of other developers, I decided to send the source code to him. I was hoping to post a full review today, but he says the code is complex and needs a proper review. He will have the review completed before release, assuring to all that the code is both secure and effective at the anonymization of transactions. He will be posting here and on his Twitter to verify that he is reviewing.

I am right on track for the Sept 9th anonymous release with only a few simple bugs to fix before then. I’m excited to release the Peersend technology and I expect it to be a powerful contribution to the future of cryptocurrency.

I also contacted albertdros of http://www.cryptodesign.net/ to contract him for a new, corporate style logo as the community recommend, I listen Smiley

We also have interview with an altcoin site and some small advertising coming.

Thanks to all!

Hopefully this added publicity of our core dev. will help us reach a broader marked adoption. It would have been nice if they had mentioned XC.

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 09:11:49 PM

***The XC Daily Update***

- XC is fast becoming the go-to project for gaining legitimacy. Dan will do a code review of Halycon Coin's tech in the very near future.

- Your previous comments or complaints were heard. Unlike previous code reviews, we're co-ordinating the PR for this, which means that the XC community can get in on this one.

- There will be a press release going out early next week about the code review.

- Dan continues finalising Rev 2. At present we're all on track for the deadline.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:19:07 PM

Hello Halcyon community. The code for the Peersend decentralized and trustless anon is fully operational and currently in the beta test phase. I’m testing it locally in a multi-system virtualized environment and have it also connecting externally to the environments of a few trusted friends.

I mentioned about a week ago that I was looking for a trusted developer to review the code.

At the suggestion of many in the community, I have submitted the code to Dan Metcalf for his Proof of Code and security services. Dan and I tried to do it by simply screen sharing, but it is inefficient and took too many hours. After asking the advice of other developers, I decided to send the source code to him. I was hoping to post a full review today, but he says the code is complex and needs a proper review. He will have the review completed before release, assuring to all that the code is both secure and effective at the anonymization of transactions. He will be posting here and on his Twitter to verify that he is reviewing.

I am right on track for the Sept 9th anonymous release with only a few simple bugs to fix before then. I’m excited to release the Peersend technology and I expect it to be a powerful contribution to the future of cryptocurrency.

I also contacted albertdros of http://www.cryptodesign.net/ to contract him for a new, corporate style logo as the community recommend, I listen Smiley

We also have interview with an altcoin site and some small advertising coming.

Thanks to all!

Hopefully this added publicity of our core dev. will help us reach a broader marked adoption. It would have been nice if they had mentioned XC.

exactly, thats what pisses me of with all this coin devs getting a review, they hardly mention the fact that Dan has his own coin called XCurrency. I know that this reviews help establish Dans Status, whch will help XC, but ONLY if people outside xc commuity start making the connection to XC.

So Dan drop XCurrency in your review whenever you can, seems those devs you are helping rather prefer to leave that info out.

I mean hello? how about investing in that coin everybody runs to for validation. Seems like a good investment to me but who am i talking to. In here everybody knows.
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:19:51 PM

- XC is fast becoming the go-to project for gaining legitimacy. Dan will do a code review of Halycon Coin's tech in the very near future.

- Your previous comments or complaints were heard. Unlike previous code reviews, we're co-ordinating the PR for this, which means that the XC community can get in on this one.

- There will be a press release going out early next week about the code review.

- Dan continues finalising Rev 2. At present we're all on track for the deadline.

aahhh, just when i paniced.  Cheesy
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:20:00 PM

Good news Synechist and nice to know peoples views are being considered... You say we are on track.. What is the release date? I know 2 weeks was mentioned a few weeks back...

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
Dungor

Activity: 178

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:21:19 PM

Good news Synechist and nice to know peoples views are being considered... You say we are on track.. What is the release date? I know 2 weeks was mentioned a few weeks back...

4 days back lol, but yea time feels faster in crypto world

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 09:22:50 PM

On Monday we said it would be two weeks until the release.

If possible I'll update the OP tomorrow (but, thanks to Bitcointalk's inerrant fussiness, it takes damn ages to make it look half-decent, so I can't guarantee it.)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:22:55 PM

I'm personally a fan of the new approach of marketing XC's worth to the community.  I wish the benefits to XC users was planned initially but it's good to know it's going to be addressed from here on.  Always fun and interesting getting caught up in the XC thread.  As always I'm glad I hold some XC and hope the best for the whole XC team and community.   Cool
Artoodeetoo

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:24:50 PM

Cool, thanks.. From Next Monday then I really think it will start hotting up...

One plea synechist while you are here and so I get in early.. When we do release it, please can it be done at say 6pm GMT not midnight like the last one.. I would rather wait the extra day and release it at a good time than do it in the middle of the night Cheesy

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 09:31:39 PM

One plea synechist while you are here and so I get in early.. When we do release it, please can it be done at say 6pm GMT not midnight like the last one.. I would rather wait the extra day and release it at a good time than do it in the middle of the night Cheesy

Yeah, I'm all for that too. ;-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Aderks

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:46:04 PM

Just bought some more XC. 50 more to go for 1000!

Loving the team and community!
cryptico

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:53:03 PM

Just bought some more XC. 50 more to go for 1000!

Loving the team and community!

cheers nice buy

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
cryptico

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:57:28 PM

Thank you Synechist for taking our feedbacks in I was ready to wine again and then I read this just after the first post. nicely done. in the future be sure to do not let the other thread announce the review before it is announced in here.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 10:05:28 PM

Thank you Synechist for taking our feedbacks in I was ready to wine again and then I read this just after the first post. nicely done. in the future be sure to do not let the other thread announce the review before it is announced in here.

Yeah, ideally this stuff should be co-ordinated, but when you haven't worked with someone before there's generally all sorts of initial looseness.

The forthcoming PR should be pretty well co-ordinated though.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:07:29 PM

Yeah, ideally this stuff should be co-ordinated, but when you haven't worked with someone before there's generally all sorts of initial looseness.

The forthcoming PR should be pretty well co-ordinated though.

Yep no prob. nicely done this time Wink

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
Artoodeetoo

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:08:02 PM

Yeah, I'm all for that too. ;-)

Good stuff, roll on Sept 15th!

Pages: « 1 ... 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 [1198] 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: