Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:38:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 [1173] 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
theoriginalanomaly

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:54:42 AM

What's the price prediction of this coin?

It's so expensive maybe I can buy only 90 of them is it worth for me for the future potential?

Seriously? I wouldn't trust anyone's price prediction about anything because no-one knows. Also
I would be more concerned about risk than reward. However, it is worth noting that

a) the dev team is publicly and actively working on and developing this coin and are not anonymous
b) they have built a huge amount of trust in XC - you can see this in the solid a slowly rising bottom - so the risk feels
significantly lower than pumper dumpers like bitsharesx - I'm sure that has some great development and ideas behind it
but it just lost all my interest at any rate.
c) there are only 5 million coins in existence and no-one is selling them. c.f. 21 million btc 84 million ltc. You can do the sums.
Of course there is not much action up right now either but if/when the btc start to flow into alts again ...  

*face palm

So bitsharesx is a pump and dump cause you lost interest? Do you even know what a pump and dump is? It's when you fork a coin, call it something else, instamine, dump, rinse and repeat. It is kind of the opposite of bitsharesx... develop an idea for over a year, code it from scratch, and continue development.

A quick rise and fall in price isn't a pump and dump... Almost all, if not all new coins follow the same pattern of finding an equilibrium. Check XC's price history.
Abrupto

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:04:20 AM

It's so expensive maybe I can buy only 90 of them is it worth for me for the future potential?

dude, i bought in at much higher prices than now, and also got a lot at about 12.

XC is a good investment. u buy 90, and ill send u 10 to round it up.

gimme a shout on xchat. (tomoz probably better, bit drunk right now lol )
I bought 712 XC, does that mean I get 79 XC?

Dude so fail right there.... try.... 88

Oh man...rofl. I had such a shitty night and seeing this cracked me up!
qqNxt

Activity: 468
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:04:47 AM

So it still just rewards % of xc owned? 

XMixers get a fee from from each transaction they process, separate from staking interest

how do I add -xmixer to start up of xc?
does every address with 550+ xc get to be the xmixer and receives fees or only per wallet receives the fee.

is it per address required with 550 xc for mixer or total sum in a single wallet over 550 xc is enough for xmixer?
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:47:03 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 07:58:16 AM by SpringfieldM1A

Is it an idea for XC to join the supernetwork BTCD dev James (JL777) is building?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.0

"The Supernetwork. This is the network that will be created by joining all the participating coins into a single unified network. Each coin will of course continue to operate normally, but there will be an option to use any of the services that are available in the Supernetwork. Each coin that joins the network makes it bigger and also adds its unique tech that is then crossmarketed to all the other nodes."

It looks like the ultimate synergy to me.
holyprofit

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:28:21 AM

Seriously? I wouldn't trust anyone's price prediction about anything because no-one knows. Also
I would be more concerned about risk than reward. However, it is worth noting that

a) the dev team is publicly and actively working on and developing this coin and are not anonymous
b) they have built a huge amount of trust in XC - you can see this in the solid a slowly rising bottom - so the risk feels
significantly lower than pumper dumpers like bitsharesx - I'm sure that has some great development and ideas behind it
but it just lost all my interest at any rate.
c) there are only 5 million coins in existence and no-one is selling them. c.f. 21 million btc 84 million ltc. You can do the sums.
Of course there is not much action up right now either but if/when the btc start to flow into alts again ...  

*face palm

So bitsharesx is a pump and dump cause you lost interest? Do you even know what a pump and dump is? It's when you fork a coin, call it something else, instamine, dump, rinse and repeat. It is kind of the opposite of bitsharesx... develop an idea for over a year, code it from scratch, and continue development.

A quick rise and fall in price isn't a pump and dump... Almost all, if not all new coins follow the same pattern of finding an equilibrium. Check XC's price history.

Gee thanks for the lesson - and for tolerating my obviously asinine comment. Here you go

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/pumpanddump.asp

Oh look - it applies outside crypto world too - Whatever, it's semantics - call it what you like but the insta-rise was artificially manipulated - the troll boxes were completely insane and now the fans have miraculously disappeared.
Dungor

Activity: 178

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:50:58 AM

Is it an idea for XC to join the supernetwork BTCD dev James (JL777) is building?

"The Supernetwork. This is the network that will be created by joining all the participating coins into a single unified network. Each coin will of course continue to operate normally, but there will be an option to use any of the services that are available in the Supernetwork. Each coin that joins the network makes it bigger and also adds its unique tech that is then crossmarketed to all the other nodes."

You read the entire thing and concluded that it not only seemed legit but also seemed like an enhancement for XC? At best it is a decentralized exchange in which case I think we should wait for proven long term volume.
Such investments
Can seem like a great idea
At first glance, but if you ask
Me he seem to be spending a lot of energi stating how he has Midas touch though poorly articulated. I don't trust it.

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 09:06:28 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2014, 09:59:06 AM by SpringfieldM1A

You read the entire thing and concluded that it not only seemed legit but also seemed like an enhancement for XC? At best it is a decentralized exchange in which case I think we should wait for proven long term volume.
Such investments
Me he seem to be spending a lot of energi stating how he has Midas touch though poorly articulated. I don't trust it.

Yes, I am willing to put my personal reputation on the line stating James is legit beyond a shadow of a doubt. I am enthusiastic about the Supernetwork, it will be one giant vortex of promising altcoins where each will bring their unique features to the network for all networked coins to benefit from. No this doesn't mean that people can copy XC tech, it just means that someone using the network can choose to use XC's features within the network, which in my opinion increases demand and market exposure for XC.

I understand the apprehension, because it's a dog eat dog world out here. But I sincerely believe in this project, that's why I mentioned it here. I am invested in XC since day one and I wouldn't suggest anything that could possibly harm XC in any shape or form.

I have been critical in the past of XC branching out to different coin offerings, but that is because I saw no merit in that specific joint venture. The emphasis is on the word "coin", in my opinion a collaboration with another coin can lead to dilution of XC's market cap. I see XC as a platform and not just a coin, the same with Bitcoindark. It is beyond regular cryptocurrency, it's a crypto 2.0 platform / infrastructure in which XC can play an important role with it's unique features. The BTCD platform will feature a crypto - regular stock trading option in the near future for example, it's one of their tickets out of this crazy "crypto only" realm. I think XC could benefit here, XC is a platform poised for breakout into the real world and how I see it, it can speed up this process through exposure by joining the supernetwork.
akula999

Activity: 509
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 10:41:05 AM

Such investments

Yes, I am willing to put my personal reputation on the line stating James is legit beyond a shadow of a doubt. I am enthusiastic about the Supernetwork, it will be one giant vortex of promising altcoins where each will bring their unique features to the network for all networked coins to benefit from. No this doesn't mean that people can copy XC tech, it just means that someone using the network can choose to use XC's features within the network, which in my opinion increases demand and market exposure for XC.

I understand the apprehension, because it's a dog eat dog world out here. But I sincerely believe in this project, that's why I mentioned it here. I am invested in XC since day one and I wouldn't suggest anything that could possibly harm XC in any shape or form.

I have been critical in the past of XC branching out to different coin offerings, but that is because I saw no merit in that specific joint venture. The emphasis is on the word "coin", in my opinion a collaboration with another coin can lead to dilution of XC's market cap. I see XC as a platform and not just a coin, the same with Bitcoindark. It is beyond regular cryptocurrency, it's a crypto 2.0 platform / infrastructure in which XC can play an important role with it's unique features. The BTCD platform will feature a crypto - regular stock trading option in the near future for example, it's one of their tickets out of this crazy "crypto only" realm. I think XC could benefit here, XC is a platform poised for breakout into the real world and how I see it, it can speed up this process through exposure by joining the supernetwork.

Im going to have to do some research on this SuperNetwork.

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
SushiChef

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 11:29:13 AM

Im going to have to do some research on this SuperNetwork.

Could you forward me the write-up?
Dungor

Activity: 178

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 11:42:51 AM

Such investments

I Think investing in BTCD Would be a better investment than the supernetwork IPO, Seeing as BTCD is the accepted currency for the IPO. The demand for btcd will thus short term pump harder than the ipo.

XChat XZFT9YxW9Uhv4R5yoWgUmYhAzqP5qVuZp8
Public Key 288p7Jom8LvQ1UNVgc7H7wzpZoQkqLdtqfR7Ls4Bgo3Mz
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 11:59:58 AM

Why did the price drop to 140k again? People need to stop selling at such a low amount.
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 12:36:05 PM

+1 for the supernetwork. Details are sparse at the moment but it looks like there's nothing to lose and everything to gain. It would probably be a privilege to be accepted into the supernetwork because he hopefully won't add coins that don't add anything new.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 01:04:30 PM

Why did the price drop to 140k again? People need to stop selling at such a low amount.

I guess the bit of positive you can take out of that is that its just a rather small amount. Good resistance @ 130k+ and very easy to go up for it would not take much to drive back to 160k

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
Mountaingoat

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 01:42:06 PM

We should try to get it stable at 175k, 145k is just too low in my opinion.
ebite

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 01:59:24 PM

Hope XC can join in supernetwork. But XC has its own roadmap, depending on the community and XC team.

Very interesting idea, if a little bit short on details at the moment.
the purpose of this thread is to provide the details
please ask about any details you need to know

About supernetwork, will you develop a new coin?
BTCD is my coin. I have no need to make any more coins.

Supernetwork is the combination of many coins into a unified system to maximize the value and revenues made by each coin. In addition to the capital gains made from purchasing the coin at pre-Supernet prices, revenues will be earned by selling clicks generated from the available services page. In turn this revenues will be split between the Supernet owners and various other groups. Half to Supernet, the other half to be split among all the people who are running nodes connecting to supernet, the coin communities that are part of Supernet, BTCD stakers, tbd.

James

QBK / QiBuck QPZAQzhwLG25oiP4Z8QWUJ2b9zqfNHnq7L
Mountaingoat

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 02:12:08 PM

What is the supernetwork? Can somebody explain that to me?
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 03:06:28 PM

Coverage of XC on B1BL3

http://b1bl3.com/weekly-altcoin-news-update-bitsharesx-price-soars-xcurrencys-plan-to-decentralize-the-internet-and-more/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/XCurrency/status/505733143975165952

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/XCurrency?fref=nf

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
biskyb33

Activity: 121

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:09:23 PM

spot on, arlyn!

XChat XLo9fHrgmhwzUJxQwkvTq1oWAoMqXHwCVi
PubKey 2
mig5000

Activity: 324

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:15:13 PM

Please get out with BTCD.

Just went through the ANN and it's all written in "Will be". There is no "is". It's all vaporware for now. Pretty much a PnD at this point.
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:40:24 PM

For the first time I've ever seen, Bittrex has more volume than Mintpal in the XC market the past 24h.

Perhaps the times, they are a changin'?

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
Pages: « 1 ... 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 [1173] 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: