Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 08:33:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 [1574] 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483650 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
qawzsx

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:15:39 PM

I consider my salary a private concern. Despite this, I've not kept the fact that I am paid for my work a secret; I've mentioned it here a couple of times.

The idea that a salary is equivalent to insider dealing is absurd IMO.

The really obvious question is: does anyone here seriously think I'd do 5 months of full time work for free?

hahahah this was posted as teka first!  I should have got a screenshot. Two sockpuppets!!

Wait what?Huh

Paste from Skype:

Teka
‎16‎:‎40
That’s annoying, I’m about to leave my house to go the cinema....‏

‎17‎:‎04
[password]‏

‎17‎:‎05
My bitcointalk pass if it gets out of hand‏

You're now all free to indulge whatever paranoid fantasies you like... or you could just look at the differences in personality and writing style between us.

Synechist and Teka are not the same person... I have talked to both simultaneously before.  Lol, this thread is getting out of hand.  

ShitFaceFart must be banned from posting here, since he is the one starting all this nonsense all the time

synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 06:16:26 PM

When Teka is back I'll ask him to get the Banhammer out.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:18:05 PM

I consider my salary a private concern. Despite this, I've not kept the fact that I am paid for my work a secret; I've mentioned it here a couple of times.

The really obvious question is: does anyone here seriously think I'd do 5 months of full time work for free?

hahahah this was posted as teka first!  I should have got a screenshot. Two sockpuppets!!

If this is the case, i recon tekka isn't around and syn is moderating 2 threads.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:19:31 PM

I?m pretty sad about the price, I never thought that it could go that low....I was out and I didn't read the thread since some weeks, why we're dropping so hard? I thought it was my secure investment this one...but....

I know why your pray will never be answered!
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:25:13 PM

I've posted an updated wallet for testing on testnet, includes the latest group chat code and most of the stealth address code [stealth is not fully enabled in this release]

Download available at >>>> http://downloads.xc-official.com/testing/windows/xc-testnet.zip          ---- password is "xc" no quotes

* Remeber this is for "testnet" only, please launch with the included batch file as it contains the testnet node information
* Group chat works, most of the bugs have been resolved, but we'll use this release to identify any more
* Working Stealth address's will be released tomorrow

Mobile Wallet Update
* Based on the feedback, an updated release is coming with improved QR handling/camera auto-focus support

Dan

Any comment on the pre-mine?  Will we see continued development on Mac?
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 06:25:57 PM

Pookie this is no time to imagine that your banned status no longer applies.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 06:27:29 PM

I've posted an updated wallet for testing on testnet, includes the latest group chat code and most of the stealth address code [stealth is not fully enabled in this release]

Download available at >>>> http://downloads.xc-official.com/testing/windows/xc-testnet.zip          ---- password is "xc" no quotes

* Remeber this is for "testnet" only, please launch with the included batch file as it contains the testnet node information
* Group chat works, most of the bugs have been resolved, but we'll use this release to identify any more

Mobile Wallet Update
* Based on the feedback, an updated release is coming with improved QR handling/camera auto-focus support

Dan

The statement I made earlier was drafted by Dan and I.

Of course he may comment further, but his position regarding the premine has been clarified.

Continued development for Mac is a certainty.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:30:41 PM

I always see it as a good sign when pookie is around saying were all fucked. It seems to generally mean he wants cheaper coins. I say let him carry on, lets see how low we can go Im still buying. lets try get down to 20  Grin

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 06:31:26 PM

I always see it as a good sign when pookie is around saying were all fucked. It seems to generally mean he wants cheaper coins. I say let him carry on, lets see how low we can go Im still buying. lets try get down to 20  Grin

Ha ha!

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
CryptoChronic

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:32:43 PM

Wow post being ripped down with-in seconds
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:33:49 PM

Mobile Wallet Update

Dan

Of course he may comment further, but his position regarding the premine has been clarified.

What statement?  Link?

Can you share any specifics about Mac development?
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:36:39 PM

This is really bad news, looks like the mystery dumpers were the hired help.. great.. Dan has always seemed like a great guy but I think he will find this decision and the lack of transparency to be a catastrophic error of judgement... very, very sad to see this...

Back in the day would I have bought on good news knowing I was probably helping the dumpers get out.. no way....

Also synechist, you do a great job and I often praised it but I had no idea you were on the payroll, ditto teka... this really does not sit well...

You don't think it's right that I get paid?

BTW, "mystery dumpers were hired help"? I don't know what that means.

I personally have not been dumping one bit.

Whenever I've had rent to pay I'd plan ahead and sell in little amounts on an uptrend.

Not saying you should Not be paid just had no idea you were.. it's almost like insider dealing in a sense X coin dev and inner circle selling should be disclosed... I cannot believe a single word about this approach was never mentioned.

Syn, its not the fact you were being paid, its the fact that all sorts of things were being paid for out of the pre mine (including you) and I had not idea...

I would have liked to have known you were being paid though, yes...

It is also clear to me now why these mystery dumps happened, we paid (an unknown amount of XC for say - the ATM scheme) we bought into that and they dumped into it....

Personally - had I known all of these schemes were being funded from the premine I would have at least put my opinion across which would have been, focus the premine on getting REV2, REV2.5, REV3 and mobile wallet / app out there... Forget the rest.... Once the core is sound look to expand the operation....

As it was I can see now I really had very little idea what was going on... Or that XC was being spent on quite a large scale...

XC was always run "like a PLC" thats how it has been branded... PLC's do P+L and declare expenses etc etc.... Private companies don't and that's their privilege..

Ultimately though these calls are not mine to make... And I do think you and Dan are both absolutely spot on.. I just think the ball has been dropped big time here, and PERSONALLY, I don't think XC will recover.. Glad to be proved wrong, but I have seen what happens when trust goes in a project many times in the crypto arena... And there are viable alternatives which can be trusted which I think you will see people move towards...

I hope for the guys who have gone in large here I am wrong, as there are some awfully good types in this thread.. I just think they have been shat on.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:36:52 PM

If the FUD gets any stronger I might just buy more. (lol)

I personally stay diversified in coins with active development and don't really day trade much, just hold for the long haul and do pretty well with it. BTC is currently taking a hit and nobody is happy about most Alts going down, and I don't have a huge stake in XC, but if BLOCKNET is a success then XC should get a nice bump.

synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 06:37:11 PM

Mobile Wallet Update

Dan

What statement?  Link?

The statement on the premine and future funding.

We'll continue to refine the Mac build until it works completely. And we'll support Mac indefinitely after that.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 06:40:10 PM

Mobile Wallet Update

Dan

What statement?  Link?

The statement on the premine and future funding.

We'll continue to refine the Mac build until it works completely. And we'll support Mac indefinitely after that.

Here it is, for convenience:
Hi all

I can now give some clarity on the status of XC's premine:

- The premine has been completely spent since mid September.

- Dan has been part-funding XC's development since day one (XChat and the multipool, among other things), and funding it entirely since Rev 2.

- Dan will continue to fund XC's development, and so nothing about the source of the funding or the pace of development will change.

- Specifically, XC's funding comes from Dan's corporation, which has pioneered IP over RF in marine environments.

- The premine was not dumped or traded for profit at any stage.

- The premine was used exclusively for paying for XC's project - that is, for Teka and I to work, for websites, PR expenses, the ATM deal, etc.

XC is, and will continue to be, Dan's baby. He has personally invested over 1000 hours of his time into it.
Since it's been developed at his own expense for some time, you have good reason to believe that he won't just lose interest.
His personal stake is significant, and this serves to increase his commitment.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
trust.no.one

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:42:47 PM

XC is so frustrating to watch.  I have no idea what is going on.  I got into this coin because I thought it would be a great currency.  I thought there would be useful features added continuously.  Now we have blocknet instead to use other coins' features.  Why?  What is the benefit for us?  Why not just add those features we want to XC?  What benefit does blocknet have outside of this?

Now the price is plummeting because there are no new investors?  Why?  Maybe all the people who considered buying have been scared away by F.U.D.  To them XC is now the same as any other scamcoin.  

Other coins have declared war on us.  They're sending their minions in here to spread fear among potential investors and it's working.  This is the information age and there is an information war against us, and we are letting them win.  Why is there so much FUD in this thread?  This is a moderated thread.  It should be HEAVILY moderated.  It's so infuriating to watch these people post in here time after time. Legitimate questions are fine and should be encouraged.  Obvious FUD should be deleted on the spot.  And yet it's everywhere.  Anyone that comes here for no other reason than to discredit the coin should be banned and have there posts deleted.  What a disaster this has become.

I don't doubt the technology is there and the coin will be ready one day.  But by then it might be too late.  Perception is everything here.  It doesn't matter if we have the best technology if no one believes it.  We are allowing our perception to be tarnished every day.  It needs to stop.
trust.no.one

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:45:12 PM

And this nonsense about the premine.  My God! 

Yes the premine was spent on development.  The horror! 

That's what the premine is for.  What else is the point?

And then idiots come claiming that the premine is Dan's personal wallet.  Shit like this should be deleted immediately.   Clarify what's going on for everyone and then delete this nonsense.
synechist
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 06:45:23 PM

If you want answers on why the Blocknet is good for XC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.msg9269808#msg9269808

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
URSAY
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:48:20 PM

Hi all

I can now give some clarity on the status of XC's premine:

- The premine has been completely spent since mid September.

- Dan has been part-funding XC's development since day one (XChat and the multipool, among other things), and funding it entirely since Rev 2.

- Dan will continue to fund XC's development, and so nothing about the source of the funding or the pace of development will change.

- Specifically, XC's funding comes from Dan's corporation, which has pioneered IP over RF in marine environments.

- The premine was not dumped or traded for profit at any stage.

- The premine was used exclusively for paying for XC's project - that is, for Teka and I to work, for websites, PR expenses, the ATM deal, etc.

XC is, and will continue to be, Dan's baby. He has personally invested over 1000 hours of his time into it.
Since it's been developed at his own expense for some time, you have good reason to believe that he won't just lose interest.
His personal stake is significant, and this serves to increase his commitment.

What is the name of Dan's corporation?

Can you break down how the pre-mine was spent on the projects you mention?  The Reddit thread said this would be done during the spending process but that did not happen.  Now you have an opportunity to correct this.
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:51:18 PM

If you want answers on why the Blocknet is good for XC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.msg9269808#msg9269808

please don't ride this to death. the blocknet is not the easiest concept to gasp and it will not sell XC for a long time to come till its advantages (that i see btw) are proven by working. XC will sell XC. the mixer the chat  working flawlessly and thats it at least for a couple of months. please realise that not all have already developed your vision of a future ecosystem of colaboration, by so you are marketing xc to a niche group right now.
Pages: « 1 ... 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 [1574] 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: