Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:05:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] sgminer v5 - optimized X11/X13/NeoScrypt/Lyra2RE/etc. kernel-switch miner  (Read 877795 times)
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 05:57:29 PM

Well, you can lower your voltages and clocks, to get same hashrate with less watts. Less clock necessarily doesn't mean less watts, but less voltage almost definetily does..

But yes, running higher hashrate means higher watts also. I haven't measured it because power consumption is not an issue for me, but the GPUs seem to run a bit hotter.

Don't start with him - no matter how much you tell him that, he insists that you can lower power usage in the kernel and keep the same hashrate. Of course, you can, but that's obviously crippling it.
Grin bensam is the power troll (been doing this on all threads...)
however, he should look at lyra2 miner, it is a low power algo

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 06:47:29 PM

Humm. I'm not sure why I'm showing you this, maybe because I have something to brag and I like bragging. Smiley

I made some small optimizations on the Wolf's neoscrypt kernel. Now it does 430khs on 280x, 450khs on r9 290, and 260khs on r9 270.

I'm thinking what I should do with this. There's no point to release this to public as this would just make net hashrate rocket and everyone would still get the same profit.

Either release it for free, or bury it and never release it.

Optomizing the kernel and skyrocketing the hashrate by releasing it does nothing but allow cards to get what they should really be getting anyway.

Burying it changes nothing.

Selling it, simply makes people that can't afford to buy it because of the low ROI on GPU's angry with you, and the whales that can afford to spread the ROI across many GPU's get fatter.

Also makes devs poorer. Just saying.

Selling it responsibly can be good for everyone involved - don't be a dick and sell a 10x faster miner, release most of it slowly, and sell one that's around 2x faster. That way, the public isn't too far behind.

Program it into a miner and have the miner auto donate 1%..  Easy enough.  Level playing field AND you get coin.
majsta

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

kittehcoin.info

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 08:50:38 PM

Here is the thing. If you publish this only few people who start using this amongst first ones would benefit from this and only for half a day until everyone else accepts new miner. The same thing would be with FTC if we stayed with first miner we had without any optimization. Diff has the main role here. I suggest to you to use it without any publishing so at lest someone who works hard on some development have some kind of profit, if we can talk about profit at all those days. Wolf0 did amazing work last few months, did he had anything from it. I believe that answer is NO. So keep it for yourself and for those who want those performance they should understand that if they want more they should start learning how to do it not expecting to benefit once more from someones else hard work.

fran2k

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 09:45:15 PM

Seems there is new algo on the road!

I just noticed that RC1 of sgminer-Lyra2RE has been released: https://github.com/metalicjames/sgminer-Lyra2RE/releases/tag/5.0.0-Lyra2RE-RC1

Are there already some test pools / testnets to test the new sgminer-Lyra2RE on Lyra2RE stratum mining?
damm315er

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:27:19 AM

Humm. I'm not sure why I'm showing you this, maybe because I have something to brag and I like bragging. Smiley

I made some small optimizations on the Wolf's neoscrypt kernel. Now it does 430khs on 280x, 450khs on r9 290, and 260khs on r9 270.

I'm thinking what I should do with this. There's no point to release this to public as this would just make net hashrate rocket and everyone would still get the same profit.

Optomizing the kernel and skyrocketing the hashrate by releasing it does nothing but allow cards to get what they should really be getting anyway.

Selling it, simply makes people that can't afford to buy it because of the low ROI on GPU's angry with you, and the whales that can afford to spread the ROI across many GPU's get fatter.

Selling it responsibly can be good for everyone involved - don't be a dick and sell a 10x faster miner, release most of it slowly, and sell one that's around 2x faster. That way, the public isn't too far behind.

Program it into a miner and have the miner auto donate 1%..  Easy enough.  Level playing field AND you get coin.

Don't you remem- oh, fuck it. I'm tired of teaching people crypto history.

Post a link, I'll figure it out, I'm good like that.

But finding that in the morass that is crypto, is damn near impossible.
bensam123

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:53:08 AM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 09:03:38 AM by bensam123

You know the funny thing about your whole BS campaign against miners Wolf is after your kernel leaked, x11 difficulty has barely moved. Which means one of three things. Everyone is operating on Maxwell (I find this hard to believe), people didn't find it... OR more then likely it was already well distributed before it leaked.

Remember my threads where I was asking what was happening in the last two months that made difficulty jump so much? Then I surmised that it was because people were using GPUs as space heaters. I'm pretty sure your kernel has been in circulation for quite some time already either through your own hands or from back room trading behind the scenes. Either way I'm earning now what I did before people turned their GPUs on 'for heat' with x11, which just happened to coincide with when you started distributing your kernel.

So you basically shot yourself in your feet by trying to keep everything low key, which just made more people try and sell it behind your back... And apparently all the big miners got it because it hasn't changed a darn thing now that it's public. I suppose they could have their own super secret kernel maker too? -_-

Too bad you didn't just go public with it (besides bragging) and make a miner for it... but I suppose people would just cheat that as well (and apparently also resell it for cheaper to other people). There are also people that would be willing to NOT pay 3 BTC, but donate hashing power as well... But you know, keep thinking what you want.

Oh and people still pay Claymores fee.

Well, you can lower your voltages and clocks, to get same hashrate with less watts. Less clock necessarily doesn't mean less watts, but less voltage almost definetily does..

But yes, running higher hashrate means higher watts also. I haven't measured it because power consumption is not an issue for me, but the GPUs seem to run a bit hotter.

Aye, not talking about higher hashrate then what we're getting right now. Same hashrate as publicly available miner, with the optimizations he put in place in this one.
damm315er

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:01:05 AM

It'd take several links, as it happened on BCT, but since you seem to care, I'll reiterate. There was a user named girino that made X11 50% faster, put in a 2% fee, and the community basically reverse engineered it, ripped out his code, and put it in sph-sgminer, which then got pulled into SGMiner. It is now called "darkcoin-mod" or "x11mod."

This community will do anything to not pay even a tiny fee - and anything can be reverse engineered, because if a computer can understand it, so can a human. So, the only thing you can do is make it very hard - but fuck up, and all your work will be for nothing. Having to risk that sucks.

I've seen the exact same thing in the sat hacking days... (they ended about a decade ago)  And participated in it, and had my own VB code ripped off and sold without so much as a thank you.

The motto then was "I want my free TV no matter how much it costs", and people would pay $100 a month to beat a $75 a month bill.  Fun times, I made 2 years worth of payments on my jeep from that, and consider myself very lucky to have gotten that much out of it.

Ahh, different name, different time, different life, same arguments..  lol
Zuikkis

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:52:01 AM

http://zuik.org/429k.png

It'd take several links, as it happened on BCT, but since you seem to care, I'll reiterate. There was a user named girino that made X11 50% faster, put in a 2% fee, and the community basically reverse engineered it, ripped out his code, and put it in sph-sgminer, which then got pulled into SGMiner. It is now called "darkcoin-mod" or "x11mod."

This community will do anything to not pay even a tiny fee - and anything can be reverse engineered, because if a computer can understand it, so can a human. So, the only thing you can do is make it very hard - but fuck up, and all your work will be for nothing. Having to risk that sucks.

It might be better if kernel was only released in binary form (*.bin), and not the source. The binaries could also be signed so if there is a leak, you could tell who has leaked..

Binary distribution would also eliminate the problem with different Catalyst versions. For example current neoscrypt kernel only compiles properly on Catalyst 14.6, anything newer or older generates HW errors or very slow speed. Then again all scrypt kernels compile best on 13.12, compiling on 14.x works but gives perhaps 30% lower hashrate..

The compiled binaries can be moved around with no problem. I have used the 14.6 neoscrypt binary with 13.12, and it works fine with full speed. Recompiling it under 13.12 halves the hashrate..

Still the biggest problem is, some users have 200 gpus and some have only a few. If you are selling a kernel, the price should be different! It should be "per GPU" price, but it is impossible to control. If the price is fixed, some big rig owner can easily pay a few BTC to get the kernel, and then ruin the profits for all "hobby" miners.

I like to optimize these just for my own fun. And obviously it's good if you get some profit from your work. But at the moment it seems the best way to profit, is just keep the kernel to yourself and enjoy the increased hashrate.. Any wider distribution will just lower my own profit.
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 03:30:56 PM

say I want to do some precalculation on blake256 for lyra2RE, where do I put that ?
midstate ?

ps: such a nightmare modifying sgminer  Angry
(how something which should take 5min (time it took on ccminer) will end up been done in 5hours...)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 03:46:11 PM

say I want to do some precalculation on blake256 for lyra2RE, where do I put that ?
midstate ?

ps: such a nightmare modifying sgminer  Angry
(how something which should take 5min (time it took on ccminer) will end up been done in 5hours...)

Put half in HiMem and the rest in LoMem  Grin

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
kotarius

Activity: 340

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:18:08 AM

It might be better if kernel was only released in binary form (*.bin), and not the source. The binaries could also be signed so if there is a leak, you could tell who has leaked..

Binary distribution would also eliminate the problem with different Catalyst versions. For example current neoscrypt kernel only compiles properly on Catalyst 14.6, anything newer or older generates HW errors or very slow speed. Then again all scrypt kernels compile best on 13.12, compiling on 14.x works but gives perhaps 30% lower hashrate..

The compiled binaries can be moved around with no problem. I have used the 14.6 neoscrypt binary with 13.12, and it works fine with full speed. Recompiling it under 13.12 halves the hashrate..

Still the biggest problem is, some users have 200 gpus and some have only a few. If you are selling a kernel, the price should be different! It should be "per GPU" price, but it is impossible to control. If the price is fixed, some big rig owner can easily pay a few BTC to get the kernel, and then ruin the profits for all "hobby" miners.

I like to optimize these just for my own fun. And obviously it's good if you get some profit from your work. But at the moment it seems the best way to profit, is just keep the kernel to yourself and enjoy the increased hashrate.. Any wider distribution will just lower my own profit.

Please join us in #pimp and #pimp-dev on Freenode.
btctradingonline

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:17:18 AM
Last edit: December 08, 2014, 04:43:51 AM by btctradingonline

Shocked you should keep this config for yourself. If sharing, the net hash rate increases so high.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

mvma

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 12:56:19 PM

http://zuik.org/429k.png

Shocked you should keep this config for yourself. If sharing, the net hash rate increases so high.

I've got it too, and that's my plan Tongue

More and more mining is an activity for the big ones with large farms (good paying) and for the good software developers. Small miners must leave because they are in a worse condition and should not be the support. In short a coin that is launched without a well-developed kernel does not interest to small miners.
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 02:49:29 PM

7970 just 38khs on Neoscrypt  Tongue first time, whats the setting for NEO and which is the best miner?
damm315er

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 03:51:27 PM

7970 just 38khs on Neoscrypt  Tongue first time, whats the setting for NEO and which is the best miner?

For 7970, look up the 280x settings.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 04:51:49 PM

Yes but honestly the mining revenue for X11 right now is a joke.

6 months ago we were using an old miners but making 0.006/BTC/MHASH and now we are making what ? Barealy 0.00015/BTC/MHASH

Not profitable anyway

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
lokojones

Activity: 368

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 05:13:32 PM

3 x r9 280x on win 8.1 14.4 catalyst and sgminer 4.1 - everything working nice and smooth - 3.3Mh
but new ver 5.x.x start only for one sec and crush instantly?! no config apllied.
Tried: new drivers cc 14.9, run as admin and compatibility mode, remove all drivers,
same crap crush all the time:( any clue what that can be pls... appreciate any help. thanks

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                          ██████████████
                           ▀████████████
                             ███████████
             ▄▄▄▄          ▄████████████
           ▄██████▄      ▄███████▀▀█████
         ▄██████████▄  ▄███████▀    ▀██▀
       ▄█████████████████████▀
     ▄███████▀ ▀███████████▀
   ▄███████▀     ▀███████▀
 ▄███████▀         ▀███▀
 ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀
......███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...                 ▄▄▄▄▄
                 ████████▄▄
                 ████████████▄
                     ▀▀████████▄
           ▄▄▄██████▄▄   ▀▀██████▄
         ▄██████████████▄▄  ▀█████▄
       ▄███████████████████▄  ▀█████
      ██████▀▀       ▀▀██████  ▀█████
     █████▀                     █████
    █████               █████████████▌
     █████▄                     █████
      ██████▄▄       ▄▄██████  ▄█████
       ▀███████████████████▀  ▄█████
         ▀███████████████▀   ▄█████▀
            ▀▀██████▀▀▀   ▄▄██████▀
                      ▄▄████████▀
                 ████████████▀
                 ████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀▀▀

.........███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
...............███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
3x2
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:12:14 PM

Tried that but no luck. i am using wolf miner "wolf-neo-sgminer5-hawaii-11212014"
3x2
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:30:40 PM

7970 just 38khs on Neoscrypt  Tongue first time, whats the setting for NEO and which is the best miner?

Tried that but no luck. i am using wolf miner "wolf-neo-sgminer5-hawaii-11212014"

Don't use that one - use Nicehash's build. Hawaii chips are 290/290X.
sgminer uses ckolivas.cl instead of neo when i use that version.
bat file is something like this and neoscrypt.cl is in the same folder.
Code:
sgminer --algorithm neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.ftc.theblocksfactory.com:3333 -u x.1 -p x
3x2
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 07:00:46 PM

7970 just 38khs on Neoscrypt  Tongue first time, whats the setting for NEO and which is the best miner?

Don't use that one - use Nicehash's build. Hawaii chips are 290/290X.
sgminer uses ckolivas.cl instead of neo when i use that version.
bat file is something like this and neoscrypt.cl is in the same folder.
Code:
sgminer --algorithm neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://stratum.ftc.theblocksfactory.com:3333 -u x.1 -p x

You need the develop version of SG 5.
Thanks. Now i am getting 100khs but still no way near to 200khs. 1100gpu engine and 1500mem clock.
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: