Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:20:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ROCKMINER ASIC miner official thread  (Read 199407 times)
Lay94

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 11:43:21 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 12:19:38 AM by Lay94

So far I made seven purchases from Bitmain, never was the case.
Bought once from Rockminer - got dirty scratched machine.
I am not trying to promote Bitmain, but there was not even "sorry" from Rockminer.
That is just my experience, but means to me much more than any reports.
Not to offend anybody.

Also do not see how this excuses Rockminer.
I will not be happy to receive piece of junk just because all other manufacturers send them too.

Presuming Rockminer wants to be an industry leader,  it should behave like one and get loyalty of customers, not screw them.

Again, my opinion, no offence.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 12:19:21 AM

Rockxie, will Rockminer ever provide the documentation to Lukejr or nwools for New R-Box 110 GH/s integration with BFGMiner and MultiMiner? Or update the support page downloads available with a newer CGMiner? The current downloads include/use outdated cgminer 4.3.3 .

New R-box is supported by cgminer 4.6.0... i use that version with all my rockminer machines at the moment

Will that version autotune the clockspeed of them individually?

I don't think so, I usually just set the clock speed to 320 or 350 for all of them.

Could you possibly share your command line settings?

Do you think the little r-boxes will work ok with a 320 speed?

I run them mixed.

Thanks.

cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --rock-freq 350 -o stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u eyebootdaddy_1 -p 12345

Yeah they run fine as well. I think the small r-box run better with 320 than 350

Does it take them a while to get up to speed?

I'm about 300 Gh slower using this vs. bfgminer.

really? that is strange...it shouldn't take a long time to get to full speed unless you are using the old rk-box (rocket box). can you post a screenshot here?
Ntrain2k

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:35:34 AM

Rockxie, will Rockminer ever provide the documentation to Lukejr or nwools for New R-Box 110 GH/s integration with BFGMiner and MultiMiner? Or update the support page downloads available with a newer CGMiner? The current downloads include/use outdated cgminer 4.3.3 .

New R-box is supported by cgminer 4.6.0... i use that version with all my rockminer machines at the moment

Will that version autotune the clockspeed of them individually?

I don't think so, I usually just set the clock speed to 320 or 350 for all of them.

Could you possibly share your command line settings?

Do you think the little r-boxes will work ok with a 320 speed?

I run them mixed.

Thanks.

cgminer.exe --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --rock-freq 350 -o stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u eyebootdaddy_1 -p 12345

Yeah they run fine as well. I think the small r-box run better with 320 than 350

Does it take them a while to get up to speed?

I'm about 300 Gh slower using this vs. bfgminer.

really? that is strange...it shouldn't take a long time to get to full speed unless you are using the old rk-box (rocket box). can you post a screenshot here?

I'm back on BFG for now. Running 7 of the new r-boxes and 14 of the little ones.

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
 ███████ ███████  ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▀███▀  ███████ █████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀███▀  █████████ ▄██████████▄
 ▄███▄            ▀█████▀  ▀██████████▀
███████  ▄███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀████████▀
███████ ███████   █████       ▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▀███▀  ███████ ▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀███▀  █████████  ████████▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▄█████▄    █████   ███████████
      ▄███████▄  ▄▄▄▄▄     █████████
      ▀███████▀ ▄█████▄     ▀█████▀
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ██████         ▀█████████
   ███████  █████▄   ▀████████
  ████████  ███████▄   ████████
 █████████  █████████  █████████
██████████  █████████  ██████████
 █████████  █    ████  █████████
  ████████  █████████  ████████
   ███████  █       █  ███████
    ██████  █████████  ██████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ████████████████▀  ██████
   ██████████████▀       █████
  ███████████▀       ██▌ ██████
 ████▀  ▀█          ████▌ ██████
████                ████▌ ███████
 ███                ████▌ ██████
  ███▄  ▄█          ████▌ █████
   ████████   █      ██▌ █████
    ███████  ████▄      █████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
Cactipsi

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:25:26 AM

Do you have your frequency set to 280, that is the highest stable frequency there is for these chips in this configuration brother, give it a go and then see how stable they run, there will be less hashing power, yes, but your rejects and HW errors will virtually vanish, the 15 percent you would normally lose disapears and it all balances out if you where expecting to get a max of 100gh per blade (90ghs steady), and the units themselves will run alot cooler with alot more stability over time, cause the unit is not so heavily overclocked as is constantly suggested by some forum members here, im looking at you klintay, to boost sales at there website called eyeboot, beside that though hopefully you give it a go brother and realise the same thing i did, these units are not meant to be run anything over 280 on the freq, its as simple as that, give it a crack and have a look at the numbers, running these guys through the rasp pi units doesnt work well either, the blades use icarus timings, which to be honest i know very little of, have been meaning to look more into it, but from what i do know of icarus it is CPU based, as in it uses the cpu of what ever is controlling it to work, hence the tiny core on the rasp pi shitting themsleves every half an hour and more and more information being removed from the WEB UI instead of the problems being fixed, best bet is a laptop to host with or a small desktop with these guys, saves alot of hassles, if you get stuck man hit me up, more than happy to help you through teamview or something if your not very technical, this stuff can be tricky as some times
Ntrain2k

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:35:20 AM

Do you have your frequency set to 280, that is the highest stable frequency there is for these chips in this configuration brother, give it a go and then see how stable they run, there will be less hashing power, yes, but your rejects and HW errors will virtually vanish, the 15 percent you would normally lose disapears and it all balances out if you where expecting to get a max of 100gh per blade (90ghs steady), and the units themselves will run alot cooler with alot more stability over time, cause the unit is not so heavily overclocked as is constantly suggested by some forum members here, im looking at you klintay, to boost sales at there website called eyeboot, beside that though hopefully you give it a go brother and realise the same thing i did, these units are not meant to be run anything over 280 on the freq, its as simple as that, give it a crack and have a look at the numbers, running these guys through the rasp pi units doesnt work well either, the blades use icarus timings, which to be honest i know very little of, have been meaning to look more into it, but from what i do know of icarus it is CPU based, as in it uses the cpu of what ever is controlling it to work, hence the tiny core on the rasp pi shitting themsleves every half an hour and more and more information being removed from the WEB UI instead of the problems being fixed, best bet is a laptop to host with or a small desktop with these guys, saves alot of hassles, if you get stuck man hit me up, more than happy to help you through teamview or something if your not very technical, this stuff can be tricky as some times

I'll give it a shot again.

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
Ntrain2k

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:50:11 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 12:31:15 PM by Ntrain2k

I'll give it a shot again.

Just tried it again.

Hashrate sucks!

I get anywhere from 890 to 1.04 running bfgminer even at the reduced speed on my 7 110 gh boxes.

I've tried several versions of CGMiner, even the one from Rockminer. Speed is down on all of them compared to BFG.

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
klintay
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 03:04:50 PM

you are an idiot the issue here is that he can't get cgminer to run at the same speed as bfgminer. Which is weird because most of the time cgminer has done a better job than bfgminer with these chips. Use some punctuation as well - it might make it easier to follow what you are writing then.  

Just tried it again.

Hashrate sucks!

I've tried several versions of CGMiner, even the one from Rockminer. Speed is down on all of them compared to BFG.

Ntrain2k, have you thought about running them on a controller instead? The cubieboard A10 doesn't have any of the reset problems like the raspberry pi and has really low error rate as well. Or are you happy with the bfgminer for now?

We are now cooperating with ASICMiner for the project AMHash1 on havelockinvestments.com.

More details can be found here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=833704.0
https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=AMHash1

That is not bad, definitely more competitive than the other cloud mining deals out there at the moment.

http://www.amhash.com/
Ntrain2k

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:18:26 PM

Just tried it again.

Hashrate sucks!

Ntrain2k, have you thought about running them on a controller instead? The cubieboard A10 doesn't have any of the reset problems like the raspberry pi and has really low error rate as well. Or are you happy with the bfgminer for now?

I actually like running them on a windows box because I remote in to keep an eye on things, make changes, etc. I spend a ton of time at work.

I wish that Rockminer would get the info to Lukejr so he could get bfg set up for these. I've preferred BFG since I started using it a while back.

I asked Lukejr if it would help is someone sent him one to try. No reply yet. Even posted in this thread as well as sent a PM to Roxie requesting they send documentation. Nothing from that either.

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
Cactipsi

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:48:10 PM

See that is odd, i had the opposite, i got them setup through BFG miner and it wasnt as fast as through Cgminer, so i swapped back to cgminer. That freq setting is the right one though brother, maybe BFGminer just likes you more than CGminer does, lol

And KLINTAY come get some baby, im an idiot am i, okay, sleeping well, idiots normally do, and you always have to have a go about how the message is delivered, maybe you shuold worry more about the message you shallow prick, HONG KONG here we come
K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:27:55 PM

what power source are you guys using for the new rock r-box? I'm considering buying a couple of these but have no idea what kind of power supply i need.
Ntrain2k

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:45:23 PM

what power source are you guys using for the new rock r-box? I'm considering buying a couple of these but have no idea what kind of power supply i need.

I use a LEPA 1600 on the 7 new ones I have and the 14 little ones.

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:30:49 AM

any way to undervolt the RK-box for better power efficiency? I would prefer to be around 1w/GH even if i lose 10% hashrate

nothing? I might pull my R3 unit out of hosting to do some tickering and see if undervolting is possible

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 02:44:09 AM

any way to undervolt the RK-box for better power efficiency? I would prefer to be around 1w/GH even if i lose 10% hashrate

nothing? I might pull my R3 unit out of hosting to do some tickering and see if undervolting is possible

Not that I know of anyway, I didn't think BE200 boards have voltage control.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 04:29:43 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2014, 06:33:20 PM by klondike_bar

Not that I know of anyway, I didn't think BE200 boards have voltage control.

I'm still having issues with my pair of rk-boxes (rockminer was extremely helpful though and gave me a cubie to try and a r3 compensation), so i think i might try to put all the troublesome boards on a single cube (or on the r3 frame) and bring it home from my hosting spot in order to look at closely and try tweaking. I imagine it uses voltage regulators, and not just chips in series, in which case something may be viable - or reducing the 12V source to 10V?

looks a lot like the TPS53355 regulator in this picture, with two resisters right by it - if so should be quite easy to pencil mod

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tps53355.pdf   - look at the bottom image on page 7, the reference on page 20, and figure 38.
TLDR; Pin 1 has two resistors on it, R2 goes to ground and R1 goes through a small circuit. The choice of values for these gives the output voltage. This is how the Bitfury overvolts, and how the S1 can over/undervolt. looking at the rockminer PCB (would love a high-def image of the section), this is the solution to undervolt for efficiency:

some pencil lead on R2 increases the output voltage, while lead on R1 would decrease it. Presumably the efficiency could be brought closer to the 0.7w/GH achieved by the prisma this way

*note*: Im basing this on a blurry image and dont have a PCB in front of me to confirm that Pin 1 is the right corner of the chip, but the positionng of the two resistors like that seems logical. hopefully ill try myself on monday evening

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Sakarias-Corporation

Activity: 574

Call me Alice. just Alice.

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 04:31:01 PM

Hey! i've made a new Try now. i've placed a order on 2 x Rockminers to Sweden Smiley

looking forward to hear from you

Ntrain2k

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:07:06 PM

Damnit Roxie, get the documentation to Luke-Jr already so he can make BFGminer work with your products correctly.

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:16:22 PM

Damnit Roxie, get the documentation to Luke-Jr already so he can make BFGminer work with your products correctly.
I am beginning to feel that it is on purpose. They won't even update the CG Miner version either.
AJRGale

Activity: 767

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 04:35:52 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 05:33:10 AM by AJRGale

just a quick question, 45-50% hardware errors are meant to happen with the new r-box's? or is it the pool side?

ran it at 300mhz for about a week,it never evened out. there was also many duplicates too..

klintay
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 03:24:57 PM

just a quick question, 45-50% hardware errors are meant to happen with the new r-box's? or is it the pool side?

ran it at 300mhz for about a week,it never evened out. there was also many duplicates too..

nope that is not normal. The New R-Box can easily run stably at 350 freq even...so there should be no problem with 300. There doesn't seem to be a problem with the temperature as well. Have you tried a different pool?
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 04:10:56 PM

nope that is not normal. The New R-Box can easily run stably at 350 freq even...so there should be no problem with 300. There doesn't seem to be a problem with the temperature as well. Have you tried a different pool?

Yes it is normal. Duplicates mean nothing.

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: