Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:33:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango Exchange  (Read 82019 times)
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 06, 2012, 11:42:10 PM

They can't be held responsible when they had only just taken over and hadn't had an opportunity to change anything.
Not to put too fine a point on it, but they are very responsible, and the mail vulnerability was a direct result of an action that one or more of the team members took.
Further discussion has already been had in numerous other threads, search for them.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
realnowhereman

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 03:11:16 PM

I've just read this:

On a more base level, we lock logins after 10 failed login attempts.

What, my Intersango experts in security, is to stop someone combining the very publicly distributed list of Intersango customer emails with the above short sighted rule to lock every single Intersango account?

Would you not perhaps be better locking the attempting IP; or simply adding an exponentially increasing delay between failed logon attempts?

1AAZ4xBHbiCr96nsZJ8jtPkSzsg1CqhwDa
sethsethseth

Activity: 257

Not trusting third parties with my private keys

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 08:56:16 PM

Hadn't done a withdrawl since january, and was suprised to see it clear just a few hours after initiating it.  So I changed my sig again.  <3 intersango.

SealsWithClubs poker room has  over 400 players online. Buy in from .01 to 60btc.      BTCSportsMatch lets you bet sports with vig free lines!  Best kept secret in bitcoin....          LocalBitcoins.com is very user-friendly now for bank transfers.  You don't have to live close to trade when in the same currency area.           
Electrum client is awesome. Try it. And please stop sending bitcoins to sites run by security newbies, or don't complain when you lose everything.
phantomcircuit

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 09:41:13 PM

I've just read this:

What, my Intersango experts in security, is to stop someone combining the very publicly distributed list of Intersango customer emails with the above short sighted rule to lock every single Intersango account?

Would you not perhaps be better locking the attempting IP; or simply adding an exponentially increasing delay between failed logon attempts?

The lock is done based on IP address not email.
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 07, 2012, 10:48:29 PM

phantomcircuit, your feedback about Intersango on this forum is highly appreciated!

Question, a few days ago I posted this:

What do you mean with 'transfers into the accounts are processed every 30 minutes'?

I've done a SEPA deposit yesterday. It appeared in the Deposits list this morning, but its status has been 'pending_review' since, and the money is still not on my balance.
The money appeared on my account late that evening. Just to be clear: I wan't really worried about this, I wasn't any expecting any real problems. Except for this delay on deposits, all my business with Intersango has been just fine so far.

But can I ask why payments are on 'pending_review' for so long, and more importantly: is there anything you (or I) can do to prevent this delay?

(P.S. of course I did fill in the correct description with my transfer, exactly as specified)

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
phantomcircuit

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 12:19:11 AM

phantomcircuit, your feedback about Intersango on this forum is highly appreciated!

Question, a few days ago I posted this:

What do you mean with 'transfers into the accounts are processed every 30 minutes'?

I've done a SEPA deposit yesterday. It appeared in the Deposits list this morning, but its status has been 'pending_review' since, and the money is still not on my balance.
The money appeared on my account late that evening. Just to be clear: I wan't really worried about this, I wasn't any expecting any real problems. Except for this delay on deposits, all my business with Intersango has been just fine so far.

But can I ask why payments are on 'pending_review' for so long, and more importantly: is there anything you (or I) can do to prevent this delay?

(P.S. of course I did fill in the correct description with my transfer, exactly as specified)

The quoted time is for from receipt at BZWBK to being processed by us.

The pending_review thing will go away after you've done a few transactions for roughly the same amount, unless you've done something that breaks a specific trip.
realnowhereman

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 08, 2012, 09:27:57 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2012, 09:46:33 AM by realnowhereman

The lock is done based on IP address not email.

Good news.  Can I suggest clarifying the linked page?

1AAZ4xBHbiCr96nsZJ8jtPkSzsg1CqhwDa
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 09:21:25 AM

The quoted time is for from receipt at BZWBK to being processed by us.

The pending_review thing will go away after you've done a few transactions for roughly the same amount, unless you've done something that breaks a specific trip.
OK thanks. Yeah I've done quite some deposits for roughly that amount before. But I recently switched to a new bank account (now depositing from there instead of the old one) so maybe that caused it.

I did another deposit on thursday evening and it's on pending_review again since yesterday evening. Do you review during the weekends?

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Mushoz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 12:07:49 PM

Hey Intersango guys! Could you please start answering some of the questions asked in: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84042.0
You're risking legal action being taken against you by keeping silent. This will be bad both for you and for your customers, as legal costs will have to be paid. The way Intersango has been handling this whole issue is embarrassing to say the very least.

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 12:29:13 PM

Hey Intersango guys! Could you please start answering some of the questions asked in: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=84042.0
You're risking legal action being taken against you by keeping silent. This will be bad both for you and for your customers, as legal costs will have to be paid. The way Intersango has been handling this whole issue is embarrassing to say the very least.

Related, when bitcoinica and you guys get sued does intersango risk being shut down or having their bank accounts frozen? How separated is intersango from bitcoinica?  I have funds in both places so I would really like to know.

Thanks

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2012, 12:43:03 PM

Related, when bitcoinica and you guys get sued does intersango risk being shut down or having their bank accounts frozen? How separated is intersango from bitcoinica?  I have funds in both places so I would really like to know.

Thanks

Well, as far as I understand (I'm no expert in this area, so take this with a big grain of salt) The Intersango Guys and Bitcoinica are two separate entities. This means that if Bitcoinica goes down under, they have no responsibilities. However, with the way they are handling this situation, they can be charged with criminal offenses. In this case, they personally are _not_ protected by being two separate entities. How this will affect their other company, Intersango in this case, remains to be seen.

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 05:06:17 PM

Time for some serious answers. One way or another, Intersango is history.
phantomcircuit

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 07:51:31 PM

Neither Intersango nor Bitcoin Consultancy is involved in bitcoinica.

Some of the Intersango/Bitcoin Consultancy team members are, however posting about that in this thread is wildly inappropriate.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
June 09, 2012, 09:47:05 PM

Some of the Intersango/Bitcoin Consultancy team members are, however posting about that in this thread is wildly inappropriate.

So, Bitcoin consultancy isn't involved in bitcoinica? Are you joking? You haven't seen anything yet that is inappropriate. This is about approximately 1 million USD of customers' deposits, and you say you are not responsible?! Who is?!
Mushoz

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2012, 10:14:01 AM

I do not think it is wildly inappropriate. What I do think is wildly inappropriate is the lack of communication from Bitcoinica and its partners, while a million in dollars and BTC combined is being held in limbo. What I find downright saddening is the same mistake (lack of communication) being made again, I quote:

All further communication regarding bitcoinica will be posted on bitcoinica.com or answer to specific questions from verify@bitcoinica.com

Responding to insane accusations and downright defamation is a waste of everybodies time which just makes this all take even longer.

All further communication? There's been hardly any communication so far. The last post on Bitcoinica.com is from 2012-05-15 for crying out loud! And people are complaining about lack of responses from verify@bitcoinica.com as well, so that doesn't seem to be a valid way to get any information either. Start communicating! There's plenty of people threatening with legal battles. I think we both can agree that legal battles is the last thing we need, and will be bad both for Bitcoinica and its partners AND its customers. So start communicating, _at least_ on daily basis, and I'm sure many of the rumors will die down, giving you the much needed time to fix this mess.

Thank you very much in advance.

Ps. I'm sorry for derailing this thread yet again, but I see no other way of getting your attention.

ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
June 10, 2012, 03:38:45 PM

Since I understand that the Intersango/Bitcoin consultancy team member are not reading the bitcoinica payout thread anymore, I have decided to cross-post this here as I do think the community deserves an answer on this issue. I'm sorry if it is off-topic.

That is funny because Donald Norman, the CEO of Intersango/Bitcoin Consultancy claimed the following on 2012/04/24:

http://bitcoinmedia.com/first-licensed-advanced-trading-platform-for-bitcoin/

This platform announced today, a new contract signed with the Bitcoin Consultancy Ltd. Bitcoin Consultancy will be taking a dominant role in the operations of Bitcoinica, ushering forward its continued safety and stable operation.

Tihan also claims otherwise:

Quote from: tseale
Bitcoin Consultancy was first retained to perform a comprehensive security audit on March 27 and they became owners and operators of Bitcoinica LP on April 24*. As General Partner, they have exclusive legal authority to manage the company.

And Zhou:

https://www.bitcoinica.com/posts/joining-forces-with-bitcoin-consultancy

The Bitcoin Consultancy team will be responsible for the daily operations of Bitcoinica, including customer support, compliance and new features. We have some amazing improvements in the works that we know our customers will love.

I'm starting to suspect some serious corporate switcharoo here.

Searching NZ companies I don't see a "Bitcoinica LP".  I do see a "BITCOINICA CONSULTANCY LIMITED":
 - http://www.business.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/search?q=bitcoinica&mode=standard

So around April 21 there were the following entries in the NZ register:
  • "BITCOINICA CONSULTANCY LIMITED"
  • "CORE CREDIT LIMITED" (30/01/2012)
  • "BITCOINICA LP" (FSP) (22/03/2012)

However on May 30 the following happened:

• "BITCOINICA CONSULTANCY LIMITED" > registration withdrawn.
  • "CORE CREDIT LIMITED" > namechange >  "BITCOINICA CONSULTANCY LIMITED"

So correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that:
  • Intersango guys were the original BITCOIN CONSULTANCY LIMITED (General Partner)
  • Tihans investment fund was CORE CREDIT LIMITED. (Majority Limited Partner)
  • On May 30 the LIMITED PARTNER changed name to that of the GENERAL PARTNER.

This would also explain genjix statement:

Tihan denies being in charge, which means his parent company (Core Credit) has to authorise the payments. However Tihan is saying we don't need that.

• Who took over from Zhou as acting CEO or managing director of Bitcoinica LP on April 24?
  • Who is the acting CEO or managing director of Bitcoinica LP since May 30?
  • Who is currently the general partner & who are the limited partner(s)?
  • What is the reason for these corporate changes as such a late stage?

Thank you.
Serenata

Activity: 250

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 05:39:54 AM

Dear Intersango,

I paid a closer look at the EUR order book today and noticed that over 75% of the total BIDs are “fictional”. People are placing large buy orders with ridiculously low bid prices creating that way a false demand of bitcoins and are a bad influence on the market itself. I don’t see anyone selling BTC for 0.0011 and 0.00010 EUR per BTC any time soon.

I propose BIDs and ASKs that are over or lower than 30% of the average market price, to be excluded from the graph at the top, so we have a clear picture of the supply and demand of bitcoins. The bids will stay on the order book of course, they’ll just not show-up on the graph.

Your thoughts?

BitcoinX.gr - To ελληνικό στέκι τoυ Bitcoin

My GPG Key
miernik

Activity: 334

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 05:46:25 AM

Your thoughts?

Against.

This has no influence on the market at all. The graph should be consistent with the order book, arbitrarily excluding some orders will just be confusing. Almost all markets have such buy orders at prices orders of magnitude away from the current trading prices. No one should view the sum of BTC bid orders by BTC as the measure of demand for Bitcoin.

Serenata

Activity: 250

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2012, 06:05:39 AM

miernik,

I respect your opinion, just two questions:
1) Did you check the graph I'm talking about?
2) What was your first impression of it?

Lastly, if no one should view the sum of BTC bid orders as a measure of BTC demand, then what's the point of having the graph?

BitcoinX.gr - To ελληνικό στέκι τoυ Bitcoin

My GPG Key
phantomcircuit

View Profile
June 13, 2012, 06:12:33 AM

Dear Intersango,

I paid a closer look at the EUR order book today and noticed that over 75% of the total BIDs are “fictional”. People are placing large buy orders with ridiculously low bid prices creating that way a false demand of bitcoins and are a bad influence on the market itself. I don’t see anyone selling BTC for 0.0011 and 0.00010 EUR per BTC any time soon.

I propose BIDs and ASKs that are over or lower than 30% of the average market price, to be excluded from the graph at the top, so we have a clear picture of the supply and demand of bitcoins. The bids will stay on the order book of course, they’ll just not show-up on the graph.

Your thoughts?

The graph only shows bid/asks which are within 15% of the best bid/ask.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: