Bitcoin Forum
December 09, 2016, 03:40:43 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango Exchange  (Read 76324 times)
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 03:00:01 AM

Europe is actually much less regulated than the US, therefore less hassle with identification, KYC, etc. etc.
I emphasized the facts you need to get straight.

kind of depends on where in europe you live

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1358

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 08:02:09 AM

Europe is actually much less regulated than the US, therefore less hassle with identification, KYC, etc. etc.

kind of depends on where in europe you live
Most regulations are now at the European level.

urwhatuknow

Activity: 317

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 10:58:56 AM

You can emphasize what you want but facts remain facts.
Bitstamp is located within the EU zone and you can transfer big amounts of money (USD in 5 figures numbers) there and especially withdraw thousands of BTC in one order without telling them who you are.
This is the relative freedom I'm talking about.
Nowhere else this is allowed.
Not in MtGox or any other website I'm aware of ( please also consider the trustability of them, I wouldn't touch some of them with a 10foot pole).

I hope this helps to make my statement clear
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1358

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 11:06:19 AM

Bitstamp is located within the EU zone and you can transfer big amounts of money (USD in 5 figures numbers) there and especially withdraw thousands of BTC in one order without telling them who you are.
Not in MtGox or any other website I'm aware of ( please also consider the trustability of them, I wouldn't touch some of them with a 10foot pole).

Well, I don't argue that, I'm arguing that they aren't compliant with the European regulations. I'm also arguing that you seem quite clueless about said regulations.
Hopefully you won't complain when their bank wakes up, freezes their account and makes it extremely hard for everyone to withdraw their fiat-denominated funds.

phantomcircuit

Activity: 463

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 07:35:04 PM

Well, I don't argue that, I'm arguing that they aren't compliant with the European regulations. I'm also arguing that you seem quite clueless about said regulations.
Hopefully you won't complain when their bank wakes up, freezes their account and makes it extremely hard for everyone to withdraw their fiat-denominated funds.

This is likely more true than anybody wants to believe.

I believe the banks are rapidly waking up to what bitcoins mean to them.
Badonkadonk

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 11:36:38 AM

This is likely more true than anybody wants to believe.

I believe the banks are rapidly waking up to what bitcoins mean to them.

yepp, less moneh in there pocket!
im waiting for them to come running with pitchforks and burn us at the stake  Roll Eyes

Beta-coiner1

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 06:59:39 PM

Fuccckkkk,If I had known about the issues concerning the exchange I wouldn't have sold for GBP.The last time I was here in the early part of the year it seemed pretty much a legitimate exchange.The excuse that one cannot withdraw or transfer GBP is complete BS and makes it look very scammish! Well,I guess I've gotten my coal for Christmas...thanks Intersango!

If you believe this post has helped,please donate-

1JfwAiV8WbT9HtmQVvnkJ6KwUy9gLjzxdK
urwhatuknow

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 01:49:53 AM

Fuccckkkk,If I had known about the issues concerning the exchange I wouldn't have sold for GBP.The last time I was here in the early part of the year it seemed pretty much a legitimate exchange.The excuse that one cannot withdraw or transfer GBP is complete BS and makes it look very scammish! Well,I guess I've gotten my coal for Christmas...thanks Intersango!

Dude, better take your losses and run as fast as possible to the exit with your Bitcoins before the whole thing comes down....
Badonkadonk

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 01:54:53 AM

ruuuuuuun foooooooreeeeeeeesst! ruuuuuuuun! Cheesy

phantomcircuit

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 05:39:41 AM

There is a HUGE warning on the accounts index which is the first page you see after logging in.
Badonkadonk

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 11:41:28 AM

if you look at the ammount of buisness / traders are on Intersango right now, id have to say its pretty much dead in the water.
there`s like 5 "big" sell orders in euro. think ppl are catching on and running for the hills  Cheesy

Beta-coiner1

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 12:16:21 AM

ruuuuuuun foooooooreeeeeeeesst! ruuuuuuuun! Cheesy
Wish I could honestly and I wonder why they didn't simply disable trading via GBP.
There is a HUGE warning on the accounts index which is the first page you see after logging in.
Why does Intersango lists the "International fees" and UK bank transfer page as still being active while "desposits" seem inactive!!! I still stand by what I say until someone from Intersango rectifies MY situation.

If you believe this post has helped,please donate-

1JfwAiV8WbT9HtmQVvnkJ6KwUy9gLjzxdK
guruvan

ShastaFarEye Prospectors mazaclub & mazacha.in

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 01:21:34 AM

if you look at the ammount of buisness / traders are on Intersango right now, id have to say its pretty much dead in the water.
there`s like 5 "big" sell orders in euro. think ppl are catching on and running for the hills  Cheesy

After the issues that the Intersango team has been responsible for, I can hardly believe there are even that many orders. I can't think of anyone who'd trust these guys with a millibit.

Mine at the Maza Club! with ShastaFarEye Prospectors! Mazacoin PPS & P2pool mining, and more services coming soon!
Maza Means Money! Check yours at the mazacha.in!

Please contact me  on my  OTC registered GPG (A54E87F2) Key's email address or guruvan@shastafareye.net  and encrypt all correspondence.
rebroad

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 05:57:47 PM

I think there ought to be a warning on the page where people create sell orders in GBP. This is where such information would be most relevant IMHO.
phantomcircuit

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 06:39:35 PM

I think there ought to be a warning on the page where people create sell orders in GBP. This is where such information would be most relevant IMHO.

there is a prominent warning on the accounts index page which is the page you're redirected to after logging in.
jago25_98

Activity: 871

http://moneybutnofixedabode.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2012, 06:40:57 PM

I used nothing but Intersango for months and never had a problem with them, the only issue I had was the few days it took to transfer snailmoney to them so I switched to an exchange that allows instant purchases and transfers the coins upon receipt of fiat. All the same I wouldn't be in a hurry to go back to them as they seem to be winding down the exchange but the few complaints out of thousands of transactions hardly justifys the scaremongering.

Which exchange automatically converts on fiat reciept?
phantomcircuit

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 08:35:16 PM

I've had more people ask for the GBP market to be closed than for it to remain open.

So just a few moments ago I closed the GBP market.
deeplink

Activity: 602

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 08:56:22 PM

I've had more people ask for the GBP market to be closed than for it to remain open.

Great, now close the rest of the site.
urwhatuknow

View Profile
December 19, 2012, 10:15:02 PM

Great, now close the rest of the site.

I'm sure we wont have to wait too long......
ZoladkowaGorzka

Activity: 145

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 10:52:45 AM

What about PLN withdrawals?
I'm waiting for a tiny amount for 3 days now and its status is still requested.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.