Bitcoin Forum
January 24, 2017, 01:20:58 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.2  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango Exchange  (Read 77317 times)
phantomcircuit

Activity: 463

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 12:48:31 AM

There was a backlog, it's been cleared.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sethsethseth

Activity: 256

Not trusting third parties with my private keys

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 01:01:46 AM

Mine is sent now too.  3 day wait excluding the weekend, 5 day wait including it.  In my experience, the Intersango boys can sometimes be a bit too optimistic about the time frames they are able to deliver in, sometimes a little uncoordinated because they are in different locations, and they should probably change that withdrawl info to be a bit more fuzzy than "every day".

But there is no reason to come in here screaming about theft when you've only waited two business days for a withdrawl.  Accusations of fractional-reserve and saying they might be going under because of a lawsuit regarding a completely separate corporation are ridiculous.  I would bet quite a lot of bitcoins on the integrity of the Intersango operation if anyone is interested.

I do all my trading on Intersango and I recommend them because they are bitcoin developers and security experts.  This is why the exchange has never been hacked despite being the second longest running exchange.  None of the people running these shiny new exchanges have good track records securing bitcoins, and you are just gambling by letting them handle your private keys.

SealsWithClubs poker room has  over 400 players online. Buy in from .01 to 60btc.      BTCSportsMatch lets you bet sports with vig free lines!  Best kept secret in bitcoin....          LocalBitcoins.com is very user-friendly now for bank transfers.  You don't have to live close to trade when in the same currency area.           
Electrum client is awesome. Try it. And please stop sending bitcoins to sites run by security newbies, or don't complain when you lose everything.
phantomcircuit

Activity: 463

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 01:16:23 AM

Mine is sent now too.  3 day wait excluding the weekend, 5 day wait including it.  In my experience, the Intersango boys can sometimes be a bit too optimistic about the time frames they are able to deliver in, sometimes a little uncoordinated because they are in different locations, and they should probably change that withdrawl info to be a bit more fuzzy than "every day".

But there is no reason to come in here screaming about theft when you've only waited two business days for a withdrawl.  Accusations of fractional-reserve and saying they might be going under because of a lawsuit regarding a completely separate corporation are ridiculous.  I would bet quite a lot of bitcoins on the integrity of the Intersango operation if anyone is interested.

I do all my trading on Intersango and I recommend them because they are bitcoin developers and security experts.  This is why the exchange has never been hacked despite being the second longest running exchange.  None of the people running these shiny new exchanges have good track records securing bitcoins, and you are just gambling by letting them handle your private keys.

I appreciate that.

Donald suggested the time scales are too optimistic yesterday as well and I will be changing them to something closer matching reality.
sapoleon

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 08:41:58 AM

the exchange is frozen for one hour now.
and my EUR/SEPA withdraw request is still on "request" since weekend.

adamas
Legendary

Activity: 1008

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 09:15:00 AM

But there is no reason to come in here screaming about theft when you've only waited two business days for a withdrawl.  
Exactly! All this complaining about delayed withdraws is a pain.

"Es ist kein Zeichen geistiger Gesundheit, gut angepasst an eine kranke Gesellschaft zu sein."
Grouver (BtcBalance)

Activity: 530

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 10:56:01 AM

the exchange is frozen for one hour now.
and my EUR/SEPA withdraw request is still on "request" since weekend.

Ah, so its not just me.
I placed an order but it didnt appear on the bid list but it did appear in my active order list.
Though, i cannot cancel it and its queued while nobody even asked that price i bid for.

Strange stuff. Can Intersango enlight us about what is going on?

Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 1666

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 11:08:03 AM

Bittiraha.fi quit using Intersango a couple of weeks ago. There have been all kinds of problems but that is not the main reason. We feel the whole Intersango team might implode thanks to everything that has been going on with the Bitcoinica case (lawsuits and all).

They might have everything going on fine with Intersango and I hope they do but currently we're not taking any risks. We'll be back if and when the Bitcoinica case settles, if Intersango is still up and running.

Denarium - Leading Physical Bitcoin Manufacturer - Limited Edition Golden Silver Coins NOW available!
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 11:48:39 AM

... and security experts.

I smirked.
sapoleon

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 01:32:15 PM

it is still possible to transfer back and to them the unfrozen BTC. I hoped to get some advice how to handle the frozen exchange. maybe the "canceled" orders will be canceled when the exchange gets restarted. does anyone know?
is somewhere on the net some explanation to what happend with intersago?

eliale

Activity: 610

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 01:40:57 PM

Seems like intersango is now frozen.... At least US$ transactions.  However, i just requested a dwolla withdrawal and  I got the funds in few seconds.

Again, aside the temporary (I hope) freeze, US$ in and out dwolla transfers are working fine

Grouver (BtcBalance)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 01:49:08 PM

Getting money in is not the problem.
I got my money in in about 2 days since I thought converting to bitcoins was okay but only withdrawing euros/dollars was a problem.
Now the whole exchange is frozen and i also cannot convert my money into bitcoins.
Intersango is not responding via support or in this thread about this.
Are they runnig away with all the money that is coming in?  Huh

BitLucky

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 02:02:13 PM

This is ridiculous
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 966

BCJ

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 02:15:57 PM

TANGO DOWN!

Anyone else not able to log in to intersango?
Grouver (BtcBalance)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2012, 02:22:43 PM

TANGO DOWN!

Anyone else not able to log in to intersango?
I can still login and the problem I defined still persists.

sapoleon

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 03:19:51 PM

interesting, $ and BTC in and out is still working fine and fast. If they would try to run away, they would not allow $/BTC out transfers. but they can not stop fraudsters too. look what happend with EUR at the exchange the minutes before the freeze.
http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/intrsngEUR#rg2ztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv
that does not make economical sense. and then the market froze.
i took advantage of the crazy bets. but i was always to slow to make the big deals about 100+ BTC. i think there was also some bots running crazy, giving stupid orders.
PLN/GBP/US$ markets were normal.
i can still log into them, but for 7h30 frozen.
did this happen before? the tread is full of "delayed withdraw" complains which plague them a long time.

BitLucky

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 03:41:53 PM

interesting, $ and BTC in and out is still working fine and fast.

BTC out not working for me
sapoleon

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 03:59:09 PM

my BTC out has 10 confirmations now. maybe your BTC are locked for an open trade? try to send 0.001BTC in and then withdraw it. should work 4u.
MXRider

Activity: 455

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 04:01:13 PM

interesting, $ and BTC in and out is still working fine and fast.

BTC out not working for me

One can still deposit BTC in, what a joke. I just tested.

It would be great to read an official statement about what's going on... I don't see any reason why Intersango would fail permanently. They have(had) a lot of customers in EU so it would be stupid to end a good business.
willphase

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 05:15:43 PM

Btc transferred in 1730 yesterday.

Btc sold last night

Gbp withdrawal request sent last night

Gbp in my bank account today

I don't see any issues here - I'm very impressed with Intersango and will continue to use them until I personally have an issue with them. The issue with bitcoinica is something completely separate IMHO.

Will

BitLucky

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 05:30:22 PM

Tried again today? Still frozen here.
I just managed to withdraw my BTC. I'm staying away from I.S. until they sort their act out. I just wish there was a decent alternative exchange for GBP Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.