Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:29:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango Exchange  (Read 82021 times)
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 06:42:22 PM

I barely have time to deal with Intersango issues as it is.

I do not have time to hand hold new users through the process.

So there will be no more new users until I do have time.

Sorry to hear it. Are you busy teaching Nefario customer relations or just holding his dick?

Edit: sorry that was a bit rude.

The other problem is that the community is full of people like you.

Check the Mirror.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 07:05:03 PM

Sorry to hear it. Are you busy teaching Nefario customer relations or just holding his dick?

The other problem is that the community is full of people like you.

Look dude, I have followed your behavior closely and do not consider you a member of this community. Go away and stay away. And don't PM me again.
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 10:45:27 AM

is intersango down for maintanence or what?

deeplink

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 11:27:58 AM

I think it is because I pissed off Patrick...
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 10:01:31 PM

I think it is because I pissed off Patrick...

I'd imagine a lot of people would want to piss ON him.
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 12:38:08 AM

if you are new to intersango, I remind everyone that intersango guy is those ones behind the bitcoinica fiasico. you will feel very bad one day for using intersango.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 12:48:12 AM

Nefario used to be PR for intersango.

If I'd known that I never would have put any money into GLBSE.

I'm grumpy!!
TheDarKnight

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 04:59:45 PM

OK guys, who was Nefario and what's with Intersango these days? I'm not seeing much activity there and it was just jumping this summer??
I do hope this Intersango will not go under but let me know if this seems to be the case...it was a superb exchange!

Please consider trading on bter.com via my referral link shown here, it's a great site for profit with a wide selection of currencies and low fees. https://bter.com/signup/1566

Ziftrcoin tips please!
ZZK4rj1yPRKjmZ26y9tvWq8oeEDUwiV31R
deeplink

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 05:04:48 PM

OK guys, who was Nefario and what's with Intersango these days? I'm not seeing much activity there and it was just jumping this summer??
I do hope this Intersango will not go under but let me know if this seems to be the case...it was a superb exchange!

Nefario used to run GLBSE and he and the Intersango/Bitcoinica team are connected in various ways. Currently both are holding (lots of) their former customers money hostage.

Get your money out of there and use another exchange would be my advise.
sethsethseth

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

Not trusting third parties with my private keys

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 08:18:54 PM

The main problem is the closure of the UK bank acount.  A lot of the UK transactions are going on at https://localbitcoins.com/ now.  The euro account is fine though.  Holding them responsible for bitcoinica, a company for which they do not even have access to all the financial information, is a bit far-fetched.  That will get properly sorted out in court.  These guys are security experts, which is why Intersango is the oldest and largest exchange to not get hacked.  Your money is probably safer there than any other exchange.

SealsWithClubs poker room has  over 400 players online. Buy in from .01 to 60btc.      BTCSportsMatch lets you bet sports with vig free lines!  Best kept secret in bitcoin....          LocalBitcoins.com is very user-friendly now for bank transfers.  You don't have to live close to trade when in the same currency area.           
Electrum client is awesome. Try it. And please stop sending bitcoins to sites run by security newbies, or don't complain when you lose everything.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 11:04:05 PM

The main problem is the closure of the UK bank acount.  A lot of the UK transactions are going on at https://localbitcoins.com/ now.  The euro account is fine though.  Holding them responsible for bitcoinica, a company for which they do not even have access to all the financial information, is a bit far-fetched.  That will get properly sorted out in court.  These guys are security experts, which is why Intersango is the oldest and largest exchange to not get hacked.  Your money is probably safer there than any other exchange.

It's not hackers from outside I would be concerned about. Also, you are entirely wrong, they were and are fully responsible for bitcoinica and they have deliberatly stalled, some would even argue- sabotaged the process of returning customer funds.
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 09:12:54 AM

Intersango is the oldest and largest exchange to not get hacked.  Your money is probably safer there than any other exchange.
Nope, that would be Bitcoin-Central.net, open-source exchange, older than Britcoin (aka Intersango). Operating smoothly since December 2010. Never hacked.
Since Intersango is apparently unable to keep it together we're launching a new GBP market. Lowest fees available (free incoming wires, 0.99 GBP outgoing wires, 0.498% trade fee)

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 02:17:54 PM

These guys are security experts, which is why Intersango is the oldest and largest exchange to not get hacked.  Your money is probably safer there than any other exchange.

Security experts that can't even secure their email accounts? Security experts that allow access codes to customer funds at MtGox to be included and published(!) in the source-code? Are you fucking kidding me? Do we live on the same planet?
sethsethseth

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 03:48:16 PM

Intersango is the oldest and largest exchange to not get hacked.  Your money is probably safer there than any other exchange.
Nope, that would be Bitcoin-Central.net, open-source exchange, older than Britcoin (aka Intersango). Operating smoothly since December 2010. Never hacked.
Since Intersango is apparently unable to keep it together we're launching a new GBP market. Lowest fees available (free incoming wires, 0.99 GBP outgoing wires, 0.498% trade fee)

Bitcoin-central looks fantastic!  I am certainly not going to dispute your age claim, as there is no point in promoting Intersango when they aren't accepting new signups.  In fact, I will switch to promoting bitcoin-central.  I would expect the GBP account to get shut down eventually for the same reason as the others did (too many small transfers and overhead for the bank considering the small average account balance).  But UK residents should trade there now as the fees are lower than on localbitcoins, so I'll put a link in my sig, as soon as I figure out how to make a GBP deposit.  Right now I am only seeing the French bank on my deposit screen.  I'll post in the bitcoin-central thread about it.

@disclaimer201:  Yes, we live on different planets

SealsWithClubs poker room has  over 400 players online. Buy in from .01 to 60btc.      BTCSportsMatch lets you bet sports with vig free lines!  Best kept secret in bitcoin....          LocalBitcoins.com is very user-friendly now for bank transfers.  You don't have to live close to trade when in the same currency area.           
Electrum client is awesome. Try it. And please stop sending bitcoins to sites run by security newbies, or don't complain when you lose everything.
adamas
Legendary

Activity: 1014

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 04:22:10 PM

The only thing that prevents me from using bitcoincentral are the trading limits and the compulsory ID verification.

"Es ist kein Zeichen geistiger Gesundheit, gut angepasst an eine kranke Gesellschaft zu sein."
sethsethseth

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 04:31:40 PM

That has always been one of the nice things about intersango.  No identification hassle.  It's not more than a slight inconvenience though, since your bank details identify you anyway when you deposit or cash out.

adamas
Legendary

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 04:52:29 PM

That has always been one of the nice things about intersango.  No identification hassle.  It's not more than a slight inconvenience though, since your bank details identify you anyway when you deposit or cash out.
Not at all. I can open an account, send BTC to my address and trade. No bank gets involved.

"Es ist kein Zeichen geistiger Gesundheit, gut angepasst an eine kranke Gesellschaft zu sein."
sethsethseth

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 05:02:11 PM

Not at all. I can open an account, send BTC to my address and trade. No bank gets involved.

Ahh I guess you have a point if you just want to play the market but never cash out to fiat.

adamas
Legendary

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2012, 07:31:32 AM

Ahh I guess you have a point if you just want to play the market but never cash out to fiat.
There are anon ways to cash out.

2GOOD

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2012, 06:17:00 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2012, 11:50:42 PM by 2GOOD

I see now that Intersango have updated their Fees:

https://intersango.com/fees.php
TRANSFER FEES
Transfer Type   Accepting deposits   Processing withdrawals
Bitcoin Transfers   Free   Free
EUR (SEPA)   5 PLN (1.23 EUR)   10 EUR
EUR (international)   10 PLN (2.46 EUR)    10 EUR
USD Dwolla   0.25 USD   0.25 USD
PLN (domestic)   Free   Free

It used to be ~1.25Euro for SEPA transfer, now it's 10 Euros.

I wonder do they really charge 10 Euros for SEPA...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: