Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:31:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM Official Non-Moderated Thread [Updates & Discussion]  (Read 75601 times)
jenea4pda

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

Iota and JINN

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:28:54 PM

I have an idea and I think it's a great Idea. Why don't you stop right now the NEM token distribution. If you do the price will rise to the moon as there will be more buyers than sellers eventually in the asset exchange, if you continue sending the tokens the price of NEM will remain the same or go down. Then when alpha is released the price will go even higher in the asset exchange. Now the price to buy one token is 21k next. If you stop sending tokens I bet you that will multiply by 2 and when alpha is release multiply by other 2 also so I guess by 25th of June one NEM token will be 80K nexts. What do you think?
Good idea but i'm not that much into price manipulation > it's a free market
Our cousins over the road would probably throw a tantrum aswell.
Plus some stakeholders might complain so there ia a no MUCHO piont

yes I know what you mean but it works both way if you continue to send tokens it will manipulate the price of NEM to go down and if you stop the supply of tokens into the asset exchange will have the opposite effect it will rise its value...what do you prefer a cheap NEM or a expensive NEM is you have a stake of NEM?

This is depend of distance - in shot- yes, cheap NEM token(stake) very bad, But, much more people can buy it(involved in it), isn't it? this is good for long distance.
For people, which don't want to sell stakes now-doesn't matter what price of NEM tokens there is right now- Wink
Cheers

www.iotatoken.com                      https://twitter.com/iotatoken
Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:29:49 PM

Nothing can stop Evolution it's a question of people keeping up.
How sad it would be in a world that stagnated into nothingness because people refused change and were afraid of Evolution.

Exactly Mr Smith you said it better than me writing 1000 words to explain it! Thanks

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
CECVW
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:32:12 PM

I have an idea and I think it's a great Idea. Why don't you stop right now the NEM token distribution. If you do the price will rise to the moon as there will be more buyers than sellers eventually in the asset exchange, if you continue sending the tokens the price of NEM will remain the same or go down. Then when alpha is released the price will go even higher in the asset exchange. Now the price to buy one token is 21k next. If you stop sending tokens I bet you that will multiply by 2 and when alpha is release multiply by other 2 also so I guess by 25th of June one NEM token will be 80K nexts. What do you think?

yes I know what you mean but it works both way if you continue to send tokens it will manipulate the price of NEM to go down and if you stop the supply of tokens into the asset exchange will have the opposite effect it will rise its value...what do you prefer a cheap NEM or a expensive NEM is you have a stake of NEM?

This is depend of distance - in shot- yes, cheap NEM token(stake) very bad, But, much more people can buy it(involved in it), isn't it? this is good for long distance.
For people, which don't want to sell stakes now-doesn't matter what price of NEM tokens there is right now- Wink
Cheers

it could be but when alpha is launched there will be LOTS wanting to buy!! Smiley

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
griffinriz

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:37:00 PM

Cheers

it could be but when alpha is launched there will be LOTS wanting to buy!! Smiley

it can be equally in both ways if there is innovation it will rise and if not then people will dump.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:40:14 PM

Cheers

i can be equally in both ways if there is innovation it will rise and if not then people will dump.

If people dump because of an alpha they are plain stupid. The open alpha is to show that the devs are working hard and that - contrary to what trolls say - there is progress. It's also about collecting data to further improve POI and NIS in general. So I think the alpha will not show the whole picture - that's why it's called alpha Wink

griffinriz

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:43:27 PM

Cheers

i can be equally in both ways if there is innovation it will rise and if not then people will dump.

If people dump because of an alpha they are plain stupid. The open alpha is to show that the devs are working hard and that - contrary to what trolls say - there is progress. It's also about collecting data to further improve POI and NIS in general. So I think the alpha will not show the whole picture - that's why it's called alpha Wink

I know but people wants to see how POI works  Wink i personally will hold my stake but if things not look good in alpha expect a lot of selling.
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 05:48:14 PM

I have an idea and I think it's a great Idea. Why don't you stop right now the NEM token distribution. If you do the price will rise to the moon as there will be more buyers than sellers eventually in the asset exchange, if you continue sending the tokens the price of NEM will remain the same or go down. Then when alpha is released the price will go even higher in the asset exchange. Now the price to buy one token is 21k next. If you stop sending tokens I bet you that the price of one NEM token will multiply by 2 and when alpha is release multiply by other 2 also so I guess by 25th of June one NEM token will be 80K nexts. What do you think?

Not a good idea no one should control price, UP promised to send 1000 Tokens so it should be not more than 1000 and if someone wants NEM token he/she should get if we are still under 1000 mark.

Up is not here anymore,I think New management has to  decide. In business you need to move with new times and ideas if you stay in the past your project will be stacked...When in a company the management  changes, new rules and policies are added or remove that's the purpose of new management

IMO I think that's a bad idea. We would be manipulating the price, and for what? Just to brag about how much NEM was worth at a certain point?
It would probably also make patmasters job a living hell, with all the people that would be begging for a token.
UP is gone, but from what I remember UP wasn't that interested in putting tokens on the AE anyways, it was the community that convinced him, so I think UP not being here is kind of irrelevant in this situation.

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
CECVW
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:50:27 PM

Cheers

I know but people wants to see how POI works  Wink i personally will hold my stake but if things not look good in alpha expect a lot of selling.

Is the glass half empty or half full? is a common expression, used rhetorically to indicate that a particular situation could be a cause for optimism (half full) or pessimism (half empty).

I see the glass half full, alpha will be a huge success!

patmast3r

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:52:22 PM

I'm not sure just how much of POI people will see. Most people will open the client, maybe make a tx and that's it. POI needs a bit of time to come into play. It's not as simple as with POS where your (confirmed) balance is either high or not.

patmast3r

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 05:54:59 PM

IMO I think that's a bad idea. We would be manipulating the price, and for what? Just to brag about how much NEM was worth at a certain point?
It would probably also make patmasters job a living hell, with all the people that would be begging for a token.
UP is gone, but from what I remember UP wasn't that interested in putting tokens on the AE anyways, it was the community that convinced him, so I think UP not being here is kind of irrelevant in this situation.

Actually it would make my life easier. Right now i get a load of requests for tokens.
So if we would stop at 500 it would save me a load of work.
I'm however also against it. We said 1000 and unless something unexpected happens we'll stick with that.

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 06:01:57 PM

I have an idea and I think it's a great Idea. Why don't you stop right now the NEM token distribution. If you do the price will rise to the moon as there will be more buyers than sellers eventually in the asset exchange, if you continue sending the tokens the price of NEM will remain the same or go down. Then when alpha is released the price will go even higher in the asset exchange. Now the price to buy one token is 21k next. If you stop sending tokens I bet you that the price of one NEM token will multiply by 2 and when alpha is release multiply by other 2 also so I guess by 25th of June one NEM token will be 80K nexts. What do you think?

Not a good idea no one should control price, UP promised to send 1000 Tokens so it should be not more than 1000 and if someone wants NEM token he/she should get if we are still under 1000 mark.

Up is not here anymore,I think New management has to  decide. In business you need to move with new times and ideas if you stay in the past your project will be stacked...When in a company the management  changes, new rules and policies are added or remove that's the purpose of new management

New management is here and for sure NEM will go in a different direction, but we should still honor ALL of our old promises to stakeholders.  Just because UP is gone, we shouldn't rewrite how many tokens each stakeholder gets or if they can use the AE or not or any other agreement along those lines.  They were promised.  They should have a chance. 

We also shouldn't be trying to manipulate things just to make the price higher.  That is called pumping and pumping leads to dumping.  Dumping is a scam.

I don't want a high price just so I can dump.  No doubt the price will go up and down on its own for various reasons because of good alphas, flaws found, delays, a flood of tokens, or a new feature added. 

We only need to watch and let the free market decide what NEM is worth on its real merits. 

I really hope that people that are here just to get rich will cash out and let the people that want to make NEM great have a chance to be a part of this community. 

crackerhead

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 06:04:12 PM

Actually it would make my life easier. Right now i get a load of requests for tokens.
I'm however also against it. We said 1000 and unless something unexpected happens we'll stick with that.

Sorry what I meant is that it would be a pain for you because I imagine people would still be hitting you up for tokens, regardless if you are issuing any more, I could be wrong though.

KingCole

Activity: 348

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:08:05 PM

New management is here and for sure NEM will go in a different direction, but we should still honor ALL of our old promises to stakeholders.  Just because UP is gone, we shouldn't rewrite how many tokens each stakeholder gets or if they can use the AE or not or any other agreement along those lines.  They were promised.  They should have a chance. 

We also shouldn't be trying to manipulate things just to make the price higher.  That is called pumping and pumping leads to dumping.  Dumping is a scam.

I don't want a high price just so I can dump.  No doubt the price will go up and down on its own for various reasons because of good alphas, flaws found, delays, a flood of tokens, or a new feature added. 

We only need to watch and let the free market decide what NEM is worth on its real merits. 

I really hope that people that are here just to get rich will cash out and let the people that want to make NEM great have a chance to be a part of this community. 

+1

Is it me or does the new thread seem to have a host of commentator that never post on the old thread? Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I can't help feeling we have a few manipulators with multiple identities in this thread.

KC
mr smith

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:10:57 PM

The old thread is locked, can it be opened and a big smiley face put on the end page.
Or at least Nem thread has now moved to** because i found looking for this thread interesting.
EDIT. i need a new keypad

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
griffinriz

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:12:05 PM

+1

Is it me or does the new thread seem to have a host of commentator that never post on the old thread? Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I can't help feeling we have a few manipulators with multiple identities in this thread.

KC

Many people don't know that there is a new thread, maybe that is the reason.
crackerhead

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 06:17:43 PM

The old thread is locked, can it be opened and a big smiley face put on the end page.
Or at least Nem thread has now moved to** because i found looking for this thread interesting.
EDIT. i need a new keypad

Unfortunately UP locked it without warning (maybe he said something on IRC, but that would be about it).
I agree it is very annoying. Maybe we can beg UP to unlock the thread for a second, to put the this threads link at the top. He may still be listening....
But is it even possible to unlock a thread once it is locked?

mr smith

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:23:49 PM

Not sure but i think once a thread is locked that's it old boy. unless total deletion ouch

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:42:52 PM

But is it even possible to unlock a thread once it is locked?

No, it's not possible.
jenea4pda

Activity: 382

Iota and JINN

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 06:50:13 PM

Great words, absolutely agree! We have to keep promises.

www.iotatoken.com                      https://twitter.com/iotatoken
Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
gvans

Activity: 281

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 07:00:24 PM

I strongly support sticking to the original 1000 tokens plan. Investors and stakeholders have made predictions according to maximum 1000 tokens and should that be suddenly cut down to maximum 500 it would drastically change the situation and likely annoy a great number of people. There is serious money at stake here, both new and old stakeholders'.

I do feel your pain with all the work especially with the new arrangement of duties after utopian drama, however I don't feel the extra work is big enough reason to quit distributing tokens. Maybe you could share that duty with some of the core team members?

BTC 1Mye3mqB9WQdCj3uFwx6zcRArnzbUiq6Ro  ★ [NXT] NXT-RA49-RXFR-V6WE-97HT9
★ [ORA] LOGO  ★ [NEM] LOGO  ★ [NXT] MONOLITH  ★ [EXO] LOGO  ★ [FIMK] LOGO  ★ [NODE] LOGO
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: