Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:12:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM Official Non-Moderated Thread [Updates & Discussion]  (Read 75601 times)
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 03:49:11 AM

Hi Guys, I would like to share with you some of my thoughts about NEM's future value. If you look into the amazing short history of Bitcoin "just 3 years!" You would find that whenever a new service or product been offered for Bitcoin the higher Bitcoin price advanced. One of the main factors that effluences the value of any Crypto currency is what you can use it for.

Bitcoin has only one use/value which is basically to be traded and exchanged to other currencies/products/goods, where other crypto currencies have other features and usages that are very specific to its algorithms, such as ASIC mining resistance and transaction Mixing. If you look into each single crypto currency that made it to the market during the past year you will find that each of which has its own unique feature that attracts specific domain of users demand. On the other hand crypto currencies that failed, basically failed cause it couldn't manager to offer any new in terms of usage/features.

NEM is one of the very first crypto currency that managed to implement multiple features that cover all features offered in all other crypto currencies, plus much more. The proof of importance forging/mining feature on its own is a huge advantage over all other cryptos including NXT. Market place, Asset exchange, transaction mixing, social network, and way much more. NEM is one of the first attempts toward an internet evolution of an encrypted secure decentralized social network.

As long as NEM's usage and features are going to constantly continue evolving and expanding, I would have no doubt that NEM's market capital will one day hit a higher value than Bitcoin's market capital. The spirit, effort, collaboration, evolution, innovation, ease, team, community, concept, creativity and hopes behind NEM is what makes me feel that NEM tends to be the one Crypto currency that will dominate the market in the near future.

These thoughts were the main points that helped me in making a critical decision of selling all my alt coins in addition to all my bitcoins to invest in NEMstakes.

If I may add, cryptos that have specific domains of users will eventually fade off. We need a crypto that is pervasive and target the masses. Bitcoin, in away, is only specific to 2 million odd users and is by far the largest. But that is not good enough. I reckon we need something like 50 million users to achieve critical mass for widespread adoption.

Hence, yes, Bitcoin will be displaced one day. Let's hope it is NEM. I am of the opinion that Bitcoin will be displaced by a new version of crypto. I wouldn't call it 2.0 just yet but we'll see if NEM can be a front runner for that.
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:16:42 AM

Hi Guys, I would like to share with you some of my thoughts about NEM's future value. If you look into the amazing short history of Bitcoin "just 3 years!" You would find that whenever a new service or product been offered for Bitcoin the higher Bitcoin price advanced. One of the main factors that effluences the value of any Crypto currency is what you can use it for.

Bitcoin has only one use/value which is basically to be traded and exchanged to other currencies/products/goods, where other crypto currencies have other features and usages that are very specific to its algorithms, such as ASIC mining resistance and transaction Mixing. If you look into each single crypto currency that made it to the market during the past year you will find that each of which has its own unique feature that attracts specific domain of users demand. On the other hand crypto currencies that failed, basically failed cause it couldn't manager to offer any new in terms of usage/features.

NEM is one of the very first crypto currency that managed to implement multiple features that cover all features offered in all other crypto currencies, plus much more. The proof of importance forging/mining feature on its own is a huge advantage over all other cryptos including NXT. Market place, Asset exchange, transaction mixing, social network, and way much more. NEM is one of the first attempts toward an internet evolution of an encrypted secure decentralized social network.

As long as NEM's usage and features are going to constantly continue evolving and expanding, I would have no doubt that NEM's market capital will one day hit a higher value than Bitcoin's market capital. The spirit, effort, collaboration, evolution, innovation, ease, team, community, concept, creativity and hopes behind NEM is what makes me feel that NEM tends to be the one Crypto currency that will dominate the market in the near future.

These thoughts were the main points that helped me in making a critical decision of selling all my alt coins in addition to all my bitcoins to invest in NEMstakes.

If I may add, cryptos that have specific domains of users will eventually fade off. We need a crypto that is pervasive and target the masses. Bitcoin, in away, is only specific to 2 million odd users and is by far the largest. But that is not good enough. I reckon we need something like 50 million users to achieve critical mass for widespread adoption.

Hence, yes, Bitcoin will be displaced one day. Let's hope it is NEM. I am of the opinion that Bitcoin will be displaced by a new version of crypto. I wouldn't call it 2.0 just yet but we'll see if NEM can be a front runner for that.

It will all come to the ease of use and the richness of functionalities. Having a wow crypto features is not enough. We need more simple features that would attract more nontechnical users. For instance a non technical user should find it easy to use NEM to socialize with friends all over the world. Or to sell and trade digital and physical goods same way as he/she would do in ebay. And more importantly easy access to NEM network on all platforms including mobile phones.
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:37:00 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 05:29:34 AM by NEMergizer

Guys, I know you would hate me for this but I can't hold suggesting it:

I would like to change the name of NEM to NIM

New Internet Movement rather than New Economy Movement.

It would make more sense to expand and reach more average non-technical users with the name NIM rather than NEM.

In fact I don't see NEM as an economy at all as much as I see it as a new internet platform that is much more secure than any other platform available today in terms of social network, dns, messaging, trading, .....
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 04:56:56 AM

It will all come to the ease of use and the richness of functionalities. Having a wow crypto features is not enough. We need more simple features that would attract more nontechnical users. For instance a non technical user should find it easy to use NEM to socialize with friends all over the world. Or to sell and trade digital and physical goods same way as he/she would do in ebay. And more importantly easy access to NEM network on all platforms including mobile phones.
I agree with this so much!
We don't need a bunch of next gen features to get mass adoption (although I'm sure I'd have fun with them). We need simplicicity. We need to make our client very easy to use. We also need to make terms relateable to people.
For example, the asset exchange, it's like crowdfunding. Obviously not the most thorough or best definition, but if people want to know more, they will look into.

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 05:25:18 AM

Guys, I know you would hate me for this but I can't hold suggesting it:

I would like to change the name of NEM to NIM

New Internet Movement rather than New Economy Movement.

It would make more sense to expand and reach more average non-technical users with the name NIM rather than NEM.

In fact I don't see NEM as an economy at all as much as I see it as a new internet platform that is much more secure than any other platform available today in terms of social network, dns, messaging, trading, .....

It doesn't have to stand for anything past NEM, once we make it a brand, it doesn't even matter what the NEM acronym stands for. I do agree "New Economy Movement" isn't the best. How about New Era Money, Nifty Electronic Money. If there is anything wrong with NEM, I'd say it's the N, if we want to be around for awhile, we probably shouldn't be called New anything.

I think HTC's ad campaign was pretty popular when it was around.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/brandindex/2013/08/28/htc-what-does-it-stand-for-campaign-closes-perception-gap/

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 05:26:12 AM

And this is only one reason why bitcoin needs to be replaced.

yup. i got into crypto's late last year, but from my analysis i deemed bitcoin and PoW a bigger risk than anything else. Proof of Stake was a nice alternative but Nxt's launch and ipo was less than ideal. pos also poses its own problems, namely that of whales and hording.

this is why NEM intrigues me the most - the proof of importance (that i prefer to call proof of interest) if, comes to fruitition, will really cause a stir the crypto world needs. we need to encourage spending, not hording; POI is (so far) the best bet for this. this really CANNOT be understated and for the sake of NEMs longevity it would be good if we think of ways to enhance the POI method to better accomplish this.

The money needs to keep flowing and moving to make a currency viable. FIAT accomplishes it by printing that leads to inflation/deflation with all the associated dire risks.

PoI is definitely a way forward.  Does NEM have transparent forging?

Does anyone have transparent forging?

TF = DDoS nodes and destroy the network.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 05:28:57 AM

I got into crypto's late last year, but from my analysis i deemed bitcoin and PoW a bigger risk than anything else. Proof of Stake was a nice alternative but Nxt's launch and ipo was less than ideal. pos also poses its own problems, namely that of whales and hording.

this is why NEM intrigues me the most - the proof of importance (that i prefer to call proof of interest) if, comes to fruitition, will really cause a stir the crypto world needs. we need to encourage spending, not hording; POI is (so far) the best bet for this. this really CANNOT be understated and for the sake of NEMs longevity it would be good if we think of ways to enhance the POI method to better accomplish this.

The money needs to keep flowing and moving to make a currency viable. FIAT accomplishes it by printing that leads to inflation/deflation with all the associated dire risks.

I like the idea of NEM and POI.
Can someone explain to me the difference between POI and Reddcoins approach of POSV?
http://www.reddcoin.com/papers/PoSV.pdf

POSV is kind of interesting. It seems like it might be vulnerable to Sybil-style attacks, however.

POI is completely different, though Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
oldisoft

Activity: 854

https://iota.org/

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:32:05 AM

I got into crypto's late last year, but from my analysis i deemed bitcoin and PoW a bigger risk than anything else. Proof of Stake was a nice alternative but Nxt's launch and ipo was less than ideal. pos also poses its own problems, namely that of whales and hording.

I like the idea of NEM and POI.
Can someone explain to me the difference between POI and Reddcoins approach of POSV?
http://www.reddcoin.com/papers/PoSV.pdf

POSV is kind of interesting. It seems like it might be vulnerable to Sybil-style attacks, however.

POI is completely different, though Cheesy

I'm waiting impatiently alpha launch to see how it'll work!
Thank You, makoto!

kyma

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:34:53 AM

where can i get NEM?

oldisoft

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:52:31 AM

where can i get NEM?

Hi Friend! You can try Nem tokens on NXT asset exchange

https://nxtblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange/12465186738101000735

Good luck!

oldisoft

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:55:14 AM

perhaps have main thread moderated and another not moderated like nfd

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603932.0

"un moderated criticism thread"

If the thread keeps going like this, I think it would be a good idea.

its gone nuts altogether isnt it.. :/ trolls are out in force!

I am secretly hoping that he starts taking his meds again, and this thread calms down  Grin

Everyone, check out news.nemcoin.com if you are new to NEM, or if you want to just see what I've been up to.

news.nemcoin.com

It's looking very nice! Well Done and Thank You.

oldisoft

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:01:55 AM

Yes, I saw as well NFD thread - this really good decision to have 1 "un moderated criticism thread" for shitguys and official thread where we will discuss news of development and so on.
Lovely idea

gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 07:04:14 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 12:54:22 PM by gimre

PoI is definitely a way forward.  Does NEM have transparent forging?

Does anyone have transparent forging?

TF = DDoS nodes and destroy the network.

@Makoto, regarding DDoS - no, I still think TF is possible, but I doubt it makes sense for poi:

TF - rather not (it might make sense in PoS, but not that much in PoI, also, is there any coin/system running that has WORKING TF?)
Account Leasing - actually power leasing not account leasing - it'll have something that we believe will be much more interesting, but we don't want to spread the details yet
Alias System - we were discussing it, and we did'n find good reason to have it (also we are thinking about something that might be more general)

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:07:08 AM

news.nemcoin.com looks really promising !
Good job TauMon !

I could see that greyish-blue being part of our branding. It's really pleasing to the eye imho.

kyma

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:12:05 AM

where can i get NEM?

Hi Friend! You can try Nem tokens on NXT asset exchange

https://nxtblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange/12465186738101000735

Good luck!

ohhh! its a NXT asset! love it! thanks!

kattokassinen

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:32:19 AM

Any teasers available of the still closed Alpha?  Roll Eyes
oldisoft

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:43:41 AM

Any teasers available of the still closed Alpha?  Roll Eyes

I didn't hear more news, but we need to keep in touch with Trello boards:

https://trello.com/b/GEWEPSZJ/nem-promotion

https://trello.com/b/9psFZ0aQ/nem-ecosystem

Try it for more info,

Cheers

xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:01:36 AM

Yes, I saw as well NFD thread - this really good decision to have 1 "un moderated criticism thread" for shitguys and official thread where we will discuss news of development and so on.
Lovely idea

We'll have another thread as soon as it's needed.

Things seem fine now.
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:04:05 AM

news.nemcoin.com looks really promising !
Good job TauMon !

I could see that greyish-blue being part of our branding. It's really pleasing to the eye imho.

I think you have the wrong guy, it's made by crackerhead, right?

Great work crackerhead, though I would still change the colors a bit.  Grin
oldisoft

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:05:15 AM

for the sake of simple navigation from one nem thread to another. can we get the links of all 3 threads (main thread, investor hand out, stake request, and any others im forgetting) prominently posted at the top of each thread (like right at the top where it cant be missed) with a short description of what each is for. it will make it much easier to find each thread with out having to go back to watch list or how ever everyone does it.

links are

stake request/info thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650505.0

main thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650274.0

investors hand out
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=640772.0

someone quote and edit that if i forgot any. think this really needs to be done.

I will update the thread,
Thanks

Added under important links. (bottom) Is this more visible?

Yes, EFFV, this is much more visible, thank you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: