Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:54:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804605 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 03:17:55 PM

If I create an account before the blockchain is completely downloaded to my computer, will this account still be a valid account?

Once you create an account by entering your passphrase, it exists in the blockchain.  

Please correct me if I am wrong.  I think that IF you download the crypti wallet, run it, enter the password / passphrase you have selected, get to the screen that shows the crypti account number ending in C associated with that password, copy the account number onto your clipboard or a piece of paper, and THEN log out without doing anything more, there will be no trace of your account number on the block chain.

To actually "register" that account number ON THE BLOCKCHAIN, I think you have got to give it to somebody (either Bter or somebody that has already gotten crypti from Bter in the past) and let them send you your initial allotment of Crypti.  It is the registration of your initial ownership of Crypti that puts your account number ON THE BLOCKCHAIN, not the mere act of entering your password in the client and viewing the associated account number on your computer screen.

Again, somebody please correct me if this is wrong.

This sounds accurate. Doing any action such as registering a second password or delegate name, or anything of that sort would put that address in the blockchain.

Yes. If there is no TX (in or out), then the account only exist theoretically, but not on the blockchain. Smiley

Tobo

Activity: 763

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 06:13:27 PM

Yes. If there is no TX (in or out), then the account only exist theoretically, but not on the blockchain. Smiley

This makes sense. No wonder I could register an account without completely downloading the blockchain. I sent some XCR to this account from bter and the balance showed up in the account in the explorer. Then, to send XCR in that account, I have to completely download the blockchian. I guess that once I did a transaction in that account, my account number will never collide with other account number becasue my account number now is associated with my private key, right?
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 06:23:55 PM

This makes sense. No wonder I could register an account without completely downloading the blockchain. I sent some XCR to this account from bter and the balance showed up in the account in the explorer. Then, to send XCR in that account, I have to completely download the blockchian. I guess that once I did a transaction in that account, my account number will never collide with other account number becasue my account number now is associated with my private key, right?

your pass phrase generates the account number.  If another user typed in your pass phrase, they would open your node/wallet.

You can always use the web wallet at crypti.me to perform any transaction from node to node.  You will not be downloading the BC at the web wallet.

Sparky_eMunie

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 09:32:21 PM

Bitcoin is not doing fine. Initial sync can take two days, a single confirmation one hour, and it uses gigabytes of space. It'll be completely useless 10 years from now, and this is one of the reasons why it's at $250 instead of $1100 by now. It will be replaced by a lean system that loads within 20 seconds, syncs within a minute, and confirms a TX within 30 seconds.
HEY!! We resemble that remark!!

You do? Your client needs 10 Minutes to load, another 10 minutes to sync if it was not active for a week, and a transaction will take at least 1 minute. As I understand it still uses a normal blockchain, and generates new blocks even if there is no transaction. This all sounds like a POS version of Bitcoin. Why should anyone use it instead of Nxt, Nem and the 10 other blockchain based POS coins? What makes Crypti awesome for the average user? What is the unique feature a person not interested in computing theory will care about?

Radix - just imagine - radix.global
Litoshi

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 10:40:29 PM

Bitcoin is not doing fine. Initial sync can take two days, a single confirmation one hour, and it uses gigabytes of space. It'll be completely useless 10 years from now, and this is one of the reasons why it's at $250 instead of $1100 by now. It will be replaced by a lean system that loads within 20 seconds, syncs within a minute, and confirms a TX within 30 seconds.

You do? Your client needs 10 Minutes to load, another 10 minutes to sync if it was not active for a week, and a transaction will take at least 1 minute. As I understand it still uses a normal blockchain, and generates new blocks even if there is no transaction. This all sounds like a POS version of Bitcoin. Why should anyone use it instead of Nxt, Nem and the 10 other blockchain based POS coins? What makes Crypti awesome for the average user? What is the unique feature a person not interested in computing theory will care about?

Come back on Thursday........ the bride is getting her wedding gown fitted, the florist is decorating the church, and the groom is at his bachelor party.  DPOS starts in a few days.  10 second blocks, 6 confirms, node.js; DAPPs on the CBC, and free pizza.

OK..... I exaggerated on the pizza.  Wonderful things coming to Crypti this week. 

What we really need  is a troll-proof blog......... HMMMM

Karen98

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 11:10:45 PM

If DPOS is such a big deal as you claim, you should take into account that the 100 million supply of your coin is the lowest of all major POS coins. Maybe you could change it when creating the new blockchain; you only need to shift the decimal point.
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 11:29:11 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2015, 11:59:41 PM by MalReynolds

...DPOS starts in a few days.  10 second blocks...

Wow.  Current Crypti is 30 second blocktime, right?  Seems like this would make not wasting blockchain bytes on empty zero transaction blocks three times more of a big deal than it is now.

I gotta ask:

1. Just how many bytes ARE going to be added to the new blockchain for every DPoS zero transaction block?

2. Is there a simple explanation about why 1 bad-guy Delegate issuing an invalid rogue block can be stopped by 100 good-guy Delegates when blocks (full or empty) are being added every ten seconds, but not if always full blocks are being added only after minutes or hours of wait time when there are zero transactions to record?

Crypti 0.2.0 DPoS will be absolutely awesome.  

DPoS certified genesis block regeneration when the blockchain hits a max length, and no addition of zero transaction blocks to allow max time before hitting that max blockchain length, will be even more awesome when it is implemented in Crypti 0.2.X.  As it eventually must be.

Litoshi

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:00:59 AM

If DPOS is such a big deal as you claim, you should take into account that the 100 million supply of your coin is the lowest of all major POS coins. Maybe you could change it when creating the new blockchain; you only need to shift the decimal point.

Karen, this was discussed in this blog as well as internally about a 10X split........ there are many reasons it was voted down, including that time was too short before launch; exchanges might not be able to adjust immediatly; confusion because not every investor would get the word what was happening; the price of XCR might hit 100 satoshi range, and the fact that at the IPO, we promised the community not to ever raise the coin quantity. 

A 10X split might only reduce the price 1/5, giving a quick profit to those that sold right away, but seemed like a sneaky trick and would be detrimental to our LONG TERM investors.  We are not interested in short term pump and dumpers. 

We dont have a supply problem.  Even at $1000 per XCR, a Cryptoshi (0.00000001 XCR)   is still 1,000 to 1 USD cent.

We are building a entire system here, not just another ALT COIN.  Crypti is going places.  This is a "get rich slowly" project. 

Are you with us?

Litoshi

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 12:08:02 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 12:20:03 AM by Litoshi

Mal,

the present block times are 60 seconds.  New DPOS block times are 10 seconds.  

I asked Boris about the possibility of a malicious delegate gaming the system.  He explained that it takes 6 confirms of each forging for a block to be permanent in the block chain.  The delegates are chosen randomly until all 101 have forged to end a cycle.  Unless a delegate owner had 60 or more delegates, the chances of his 6 delegates being the forgers of a malicious block are slim.  Even with 60 delegates, his chances are about 1/100 of forging all 6 times.  The network will drop or ignore delegates that forge X number of bad blocks.  The expense of that many delegates, servers, and bandwidth would make such attack or theft unprofitable.  

We discussed at todays meeting raising that confirms to 10 for the time being.  

There are exciting features that are being worked on, but will be added to 2.1 instead due to the time factor.

P.S.  The number of possible combinations of 101 delegates is 9 followed by 159 zeros.  

samsmith16

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 12:39:58 AM

Ok I don't normaly post here.. we have our jobs and mine is to spend countless of hours a day on the things behind this thread. See we all have our jobs and our energy is best spent on designated tasks. Keep our heads down and keep our minds in the delivery of all the stuff many of you talk about here. This does not mean the group of us, that are tasked out to work on things other then communicating here. Are not being updated sometime hourly on the important things being talked about here.

As for the supply debat, let me just tell you it was one of the longest debats we have had internally. You all should know that there is a large group of us that talk about the points you all bring up here. We have a very well spread out group of back grounds and specialties, to help make the decisions we come to in the end.
So this supply debat, I will not go in to detail however it was so long and so many points where talked about that it will fill 10 pages on this thread. I will just tell you this I truly feel we have exusted every detail and any possible outcome this may cause.
I only post this because, I need you all to know we think long and hard about some of the things you come up with. And constructive criticism on here is alway nice to hear, it keeps us moving in a good direction.

Now as for the PoS/DPoS talk

The 10 min load time will only be for ppl who what to run a node. Meaning some one who either want to setup and run a delegate or someone who want to host a wallet for say a web wallet or exchange (yes there are a few other reasons). I think you misunderstand the necessity to run a node. In bitcoin (I don't bash other Crypto's this is just a comparison) if you want to put your coins in to a wallet that you own and control the keys for, you MUST download and sync the wallet. However in Crypti you can own and control your own keys with out ever downloading and synchronizing the wallet. You may go early and see the testnet wallet or wait and see the new 2.0 wallet soon to released. And with this you will see 10 second blocks, one more time 10 second block times. So what do we have here, we have the ability to have a user setup a wallet, hold there own key that no one needs to ever know. They can then use there wallet to send and receive Crypti with a Tx time of 10 second confirmations. Even better the user doesn't even need to own a PC, this can be archived by anything with Internet access. So on something the size of a smart watch, you can send and receive Crypti with 6 confirmations in 1 min. All while holding sole control of you keys, sent over the blockchain. This is not some 3rd party sidechain, off the chain Tx but instead a full fledged, traditional Tx over the blockchian.

Ok still 10 min load time for those poor guys running nodes, well these are services and applications (such as delegates) where if your reloading your wallet it was either an unplanned event or due to maintenance. And at these times a 10 min load time (mine normally takes 3-5 mins, depends on your rigs specs) is a little lower on your list of things to worry about.

As for the block creation weather or not there is a Tx inside it or not. We didn't build a system we planned on having 10 ppl using to send Tx every other day. We build a system for the 1000's of Tx per hour. Just look at bitcoin, if they set up an "on demand" Tx system. It wouldn't be a if we need 10 second block times it would be how many 100 Tx are in each 10 second block.

Now the PoS, which is really DPoS. Lets first get something straight DPoS is simply us moving to new land to build on, a better foundation to lay the building blocks that will soon be the system with many features. DPoS does not define Crypti nor is it our separating featured from the rest of the field. It is simply the essential driving force behind all the things to come. With it we are able to create all the things outlined in our roadmap, and more. 

Royalties
pays interest on Term Deposits up to 15%!! Yes even Cold Storage!!
MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 01:53:40 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2015, 10:44:28 AM by MalReynolds

Brainwallets like NXT and Crypti are significantly different that Bitcoin.  There are a lot of parts that are kind of hard to understand at first.  The way you are saying your sentences imply that you still have a few misunderstandings.  Again somebody please correct me if what I say below is wrong...

<Then, to send XCR in that account, I have to completely download the blockchain>  No.  You have to download the blockchain before you can add a new block yourself to that blockchain as a Crypti forger, not to send or receive Crypti as a Crypti user.  When you send Crypti, the client should be sending a message to OTHER forgers who HAVE downloaded the entire blockchain that you want to add your transaction in the next block THEY forge.  Your wallet program sending that transfer-of-Crypti message does not require a local copy of the blockchain to send it.

<my account number will never collide with other account number because my account number now is associated with my private key> No.  Crypti ain't Bitcoin.  Registering an exchange of Crypti or a Delegate name or second password on the blockchain is NOT what associates your password with your account number.  Crypti uses a really cool math function called an elliptic curve (specifically, a particular elliptic curve named Ed25519; see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EdDSA) as a mysterious black box that takes in your secret password and spits out your Crypti account number.   It is the Ed25519 curve that associates your password with your account number, and that association has been embedded in the logic of the rational number line since the dawn of time and not by any action you take with the Crypti blockchain.  

Your account number will never collide with another account number because only the password you picked can generate it.  And more importantly, with Ed25519 nobody will ever come up with a formula or calculation that can take your public account number and back-calculate the password you use to access it.  And most importantly, if your password is strong enough, the chances somebody will accidentally pick the same one you did and accidentally stumble into "your" account is less likely than their getting hit by lightning on the day they win the lottery after losing their virginity.  

Crypti accounts are like a literally endless line of hotel rooms that stretch from Earth to the edge of the universe.  99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 999999+% of all Crypti accounts that mathematically exist right now will never be accessed because all the humans typing on all the keyboards until the Sun burns out won't have time to generate the passwords that access them.  

Your (35+ RANDOM alphanumeric character!!!) password checks you into a Crypti account / hotel room located in the Andromeda Galaxy.  Somebody else's password checks them into a Crypti account / hotel room located in the Sombrero Galaxy.  You can type a 100 character password with your eyes closed in your Crypti wallet software and peek into an empty account / room at z8_GND_5296, the most distant galaxy known.  

There's more "space" between Crypti accounts than humans can imagine - IF you use a strong password.  But if you use a short simple password, your Crypti is not stashed deep in the depths of (number) space, it's just up the steps of the fire escape stairs - and a hacker WILL guess it and empty your Crypti account, guaranteed.  

Brainwallets like NXT and Crypti are different from Bitcoin, they are the "wave of the future".  But they don't allow for an "air gap" or "cold wallet" (even tho that term is used even in this Crypti thread) and so ALL accounts are vulnerable to hacker attack AT ALL TIMES.  For this reason, Crypti accounts  REQUIRE REALLY STRONG PASSWORDS.   Download Awesome Password Generator at http://code.google.com/p/awesome-password-generator/ and use at least 35 and preferably 50+ characters.  

Tobo

Activity: 763

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 03:00:25 AM

Thanks, Mal!

So every account number is associated with a unique password and there are no duplicates through the Elliptic Curve. If I use a password to create an account offline and never register this account on the blockchian, I still can send money to this account. Is that becasue the system will record any receiving money transactions? This sounds like a cold wallet for me.
MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 04:07:10 AM

Thanks, Mal!

So every account number is associated with a unique password and there are no duplicates through the Elliptic Curve. If I use a password to create an account offline and never register this account on the blockchian, I still can send money to this account. Is that becasue the system will record any receiving money transactions? This sounds like a cold wallet for me.

Say you are totally new to Crypti and want to buy some Crypti at the current $0.005 each from Poloniex.  You download the Crypti "wallet" software and run it.  It loads the blockchain and gives you a welcome screen where you can enter a password.  It downloaded the blockchain in case you have a Crypti account capable of forging and you want to do so.  But you don't own any Crypti yet so you can't forge yet even if you wanted to.  

So at this point you download Awesome Password Generator and come up with a strong 50 character password.  You type this  password in and the program spits out your new Crypti account number which ends with a C.   You write this account number down on a piece of paper and close the Crypti wallet software.   SO FAR NOTHING ASSOCIATED WITH THIS ACCOUNT NUMBER IS ON THE CRYPTI BLOCKCHAIN YET.  You go to Poloniex and buy some Crypti with Bitcoin you already own.   Next you tell Polonex you want to "withdraw" this Crypti you now own.  You give Polo your Crypti account number.  Polo contacts all operational Crypti forging nodes and instructs them to transfer ownership of the amount of Crypti you specified from their account number to your account number.  The forger does this.  NOW YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER IS ON THE BLOCKCHAIN.  POLO AND A LUCKY FORGER WHO GOT THE FEES PUT IT THERE, NOT YOU.  

You can now go into the jungle for a few years to write your novel on an old manual typewriter, away from any distracting connection to the internet.  When you finally come back, you can fire up your old laptop, run the Crypti wallet software again, enter the password that you never lost, and transfer your Crypti back to the Polo Crypti account and sell it for its appreciated $1 each.   THIS IS THE FIRST TIME YOU EVER ACCESSED YOUR ACCOUNT NUMBER ON THE BLOCKCHAIN, WHICH HAS BEEN CARRIED ALONG ON THE BLOCKCHAIN WITHOUT ANY DIRECT INTERACTION BY YOU UNTIL NOW.

Is this a "cold wallet" or "cold storage"?  Depends on the definition, and everybody defines a "cold storage" differently.   Here's how Bitcoin defines "cold storage":

http://codinginmysleep.com/bitcoin-cold-storage-in-plain-english/

To oversimplify, the most common Bitcoin versions of "cold storage" takes a chunk of the blockchain associated with an account out of cyberspace and puts it on a physical artifact that you can secure with physical means like a safe or a safe deposit box.  There's no longer enough info left on the blockchain to allow the account to be accessed from cyberspace.  For you to get these "cold storage" bitcoins back, you have to "read" that chunk of the blockchain back into cyberspace from its physical storage.  

Brainwallet blockchains like NXT and Crypti cannot be "factored" into "chunks" that can be taken offline.  All their data is right there for the world to see in all their glory, every minute of every day.  This approach theoretically allows a whole bunch of cool but tricky new features that NXT and Crypti are working hard to implement.   It also means that the blockchain and ALL accounts are right there for the taking by any hacker that can figure out a password that accesses an account that has previously been loaded with coin.  

Bitcoin has the ability to implement "cold storage" via brainwallet techniques among other ways such as "paper wallets", "hardware code safes", etc.   Bitcoin generally no longer recommends using "brainwallet" techniques for their "cold storage" because of so many people losing their money.  See:

http://cointext.com/brain-wallet-thefts-increasing/
https://bitscan.com/bitnews/item/the-pros-and-cons-of-brainwallets

All of this is valid.  However, there are many advantages that brainwallets allow which Bitcoin will never see because of how it is structured - another reason Bitcoin is so willing to abandon brainwallets as a technique.  Basically, "offline storage" = "secrets"; "brainwallet" = "open source"....

Brainwallet tech is the foundation Crypti is based on.  It's the only security method Crypti has got.  And DONE CORRECTLY, IT IS VERY SECURE.  However, HUMAN ERROR CAN EASILY COMPROMISE BRAINWALLET SECURITY.

IF YOU USE SIMPLE PASSWORDS, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CRYPTI.

IF YOU LOSE YOUR PASSWORD, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CRYPTI.

THESE TWO POINTS CANNOT BE STRESSED ENOUGH.

So, bottom line, brainwallets are indeed a form of "cold storage".  They enable many cool capabilities that are going to be developed in the near future.  And they have got to be handled with care by their users at all times.

Crypti is serious money for serious people.

samsmith16

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 04:31:30 AM

Thanks, Mal!

Ok this may help bridge the gap, in an over simplified comparison: Bitcoin WIF can be compared to Crypti passphrase.

So we know what Crypti passphrases are, but what is a Bitcoin WIF?
WIF (Wallet Import Format) is used in Bitcoin for things like cold storage wallets and many other things..
All of your Bitcoin wallet addresses have one and it and be found from your wallet command line.

So lets look at the example of Paper wallets

- Ok to the Left we have your standard BTC address, as you can see this is used to Load (send BTC to it) and Verify (block explorer check the balance)

- To the right we have a WIF private key used to Spend (use the BTC)

So how do we use/spend that BTC?

You simply go to your BTC wallet console and copy the WIF in to the command line
with the command
Code:
importprivkey 5HpHagT65TZzG1PH3CSu63k8DbpvD8s5ip4nEB3kEsreAnchuDf

The wallet then "hashes" the key pairs and address from this number

you know have a address to send BTC to, the above WIF hashes to 1EHNa6Q4Jz2uvNExL497mE43ikXhwF6kZm

So what does this have to do with Crypti?

Ok remember I said Crypti passphrase are "like" BTC WIF

Let use the same string of numbers and letters above from the WIF and put it in to a Crypti wallet as a Passphrase

Here is what we get

Account: 14078299672521807431C

Crypti uses a different Hash algo then Bitcoin (see above)
However the same WIF entered in to any Bitcoin wallet anywhere will always give you the same address in to the wallet

I think by now your seeing where this comparison is going.. but if not..

the same Passphrase entered in to any Crypti wallet anywhere will always give you the same account in to the wallet

Please note I have over simplified this a little, it is much more complex when you get in to the code...

To sum it up entering 5HpHagT65TZzG1PH3CSu63k8DbpvD8s5ip4nEB3kEsreAnchuDf in to
Bitcoin wallet gives you
1EHNa6Q4Jz2uvNExL497mE43ikXhwF6kZm

Crypti wallet gives you
14078299672521807431C

I guess I never thought about it but if you are having a hard time coming up with a good Crypti passphrase and you own Bitcoin, you could always use the same. I would not recommend this, it would be like someone getting your car keys and then also robing your house with the key on the same ring..

So moral of the story in Bitcoin the wallet stores this info in the wallet.dat file, in Crypti you store it in your Brain. Oh and that means ppl can't hack your wallet and steal your Crypti keys oh and with Crypti the passphrase can be up to 100 characters and use ANY unix character like ¿ Ð ‡

Because if you haven't put it together by now, if someone guesses your WIF its the same as if they guess your Crypti passphrase
So bitcoin uses  51 characters (only numbers and letters) and always start with the number 5.

Please understand guessing either a hard Passphrase or a WIF is very very hard for either of them.

Royalties
MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 04:43:16 AM

I gotta say I would rather see:

"IF YOU USE SIMPLE PASSWORDS, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CRYPTI.

USE 35+ RANDOM ALPHANUMERIC CHARACTERS IN YOUR PASSWORD."

on the 0.2.0 password page instead of:

"For security reasons, please use long passphrases."

Heck, I'd put in a link to Awesome Password Generator there too.

I saw too many people lose their NXT in the early days and get turned off of the whole cryptocoin thing because this was not common knowledge or widely discussed.  Crypti will hopefully do much better in this area.  It's critical.
samsmith16

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2015, 04:57:08 AM

I saw too many people lose their NXT in the early days and get turned off of the whole cryptocoin thing because this was not common knowledge or widely discussed.  Crypti will hopefully do much better in this area.  It's critical.

Mal I can't go in to detail about things.. But rest assured both of those will have solutions soon

Ok its been fun being off my leash for today, I'm going back to may dark dungeon to get back to work!!!

Royalties
Karen98

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 06:55:29 AM

[The 10 min load time will only be for ppl who what to run a node. Meaning some one who either want to setup and run a delegate or someone who want to host a wallet for say a web wallet or exchange (yes there are a few other reasons). I think you misunderstand the necessity to run a node. In bitcoin (I don't bash other Crypto's this is just a comparison) if you want to put your coins in to a wallet that you own and control the keys for, you MUST download and sync the wallet. However in Crypti you can own and control your own keys with out ever downloading and synchronizing the wallet.

That's interesting. How does it work? If you login to a remote note and enter your private key to login; what prevents the owner of the node/webserver from recording your key?
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:09:48 AM

http://crypti.ws/charts.php

We are back on the road guys. Smiley

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:11:05 AM

[The 10 min load time will only be for ppl who what to run a node. Meaning some one who either want to setup and run a delegate or someone who want to host a wallet for say a web wallet or exchange (yes there are a few other reasons). I think you misunderstand the necessity to run a node. In bitcoin (I don't bash other Crypto's this is just a comparison) if you want to put your coins in to a wallet that you own and control the keys for, you MUST download and sync the wallet. However in Crypti you can own and control your own keys with out ever downloading and synchronizing the wallet.

That's interesting. How does it work? If you login to a remote note and enter your private key to login; what prevents the owner of the node/webserver from recording your key?

The key doesn't even get to the node. Everything is signed locally and you simply "upload" a hash.

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
April 06, 2015, 08:12:08 AM

I saw too many people lose their NXT in the early days and get turned off of the whole cryptocoin thing because this was not common knowledge or widely discussed.  Crypti will hopefully do much better in this area.  It's critical.

Mal I can't go in to detail about things.. But rest assured both of those will have solutions soon

Ok its been fun being off my leash for today, I'm going back to may dark dungeon to get back to work!!!

Yep, it's being taken care of. Rest assured. Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: