Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:28:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804602 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GreXX

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 04:41:34 AM

i have not been following in the thread but are you telling us that crypti now uses Dpos as in delegated pos like the bitshares?
What about proof of importance is that still part of crypti? any other algorithms that we may want to know about?

Proof of Importance wasn't one of our initial goals and I don't recall us ever using that term, but you could be mixing up the terms with one of the principles we initially mentioned. Our goal was to reward users for running a node and contributing to the network in worthwhile ways. To us, that meant being a consistent and strong node, spending Crypti, and being a merchant that accepts Crypti.

After developing our initial system, we ran into a lot of problems trying to establish consensus and decided to go back to the drawing board. After serious consideration, we had several proposals for how we wanted our network to function. The system we were developing internally in regards to our thought process, involved having set nodes, that would be nominated by the users, but would still be trusted and unable to be gamed. The more we sat down and thought about what we wanted to build, it was obvious that DPOS provided a lot of the functionality we wanted and has already been battle tested and proven to be a sound system. We are big fans of what Bitshares has done and all that they have accomplished.

We have not made the switch to DPOS yet and are using a much simpler system right now. We have been working on reforming, optimizing, and nailing down our node.js code for the infrastructure of the network, databases, and blockchain.

All of that being said, our next release, 0.2.0 will enable our version of DPOS. It is a modified version of what BitShares uses to incorporate some of the ideas we have and is a variant of their system (which is open source) in the same way that many coins in the beginning were offshoots and alterations of Bitcoin. We feel like DPOS is the best solution for what we are trying to accomplish, we are simply going to be giving it our own flavor. I don't feel like we are saying, "hey, we improved bitshares", or "we made bitshares better", because I honestly believe they have a very well developed system with some great minds behind it. What we are saying is that we have adapted it to meet the needs of what we want to accomplish with Crypti.

So TL;DR, we aren't DPOS yet, but will be in 0.2.0. It is based off of Bitshares code and it will have some tweaks and alterations to meet our needs.

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andyge

Activity: 509
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 07:44:34 AM

i have not been following in the thread but are you telling us that crypti now uses Dpos as in delegated pos like the bitshares?
What about proof of importance is that still part of crypti? any other algorithms that we may want to know about?

Proof of Importance wasn't one of our initial goals and I don't recall us ever using that term, but you could be mixing up the terms with one of the principles we initially mentioned. Our goal was to reward users for running a node and contributing to the network in worthwhile ways. To us, that meant being a consistent and strong node, spending Crypti, and being a merchant that accepts Crypti.

After developing our initial system, we ran into a lot of problems trying to establish consensus and decided to go back to the drawing board. After serious consideration, we had several proposals for how we wanted our network to function. The system we were developing internally in regards to our thought process, involved having set nodes, that would be nominated by the users, but would still be trusted and unable to be gamed. The more we sat down and thought about what we wanted to build, it was obvious that DPOS provided a lot of the functionality we wanted and has already been battle tested and proven to be a sound system. We are big fans of what Bitshares has done and all that they have accomplished.

We have not made the switch to DPOS yet and are using a much simpler system right now. We have been working on reforming, optimizing, and nailing down our node.js code for the infrastructure of the network, databases, and blockchain.

All of that being said, our next release, 0.2.0 will enable our version of DPOS. It is a modified version of what BitShares uses to incorporate some of the ideas we have and is a variant of their system (which is open source) in the same way that many coins in the beginning were offshoots and alterations of Bitcoin. We feel like DPOS is the best solution for what we are trying to accomplish, we are simply going to be giving it our own flavor. I don't feel like we are saying, "hey, we improved bitshares", or "we made bitshares better", because I honestly believe they have a very well developed system with some great minds behind it. What we are saying is that we have adapted it to meet the needs of what we want to accomplish with Crypti.

So TL;DR, we aren't DPOS yet, but will be in 0.2.0. It is based off of Bitshares code and it will have some tweaks and alterations to meet our needs.

Can I think this is the stark fake?
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 02:15:40 PM

You CAN think that.  You can also think that pigs fly.  In both cases, you would be wrong.

The Crypty code has been altered so that we are able to implement the upcoming killer features, like Custom Block Chains and smart contracts.  The new code will make it possible for users to make a smart contract with clicks and text from within the XCR wallet, instead of paying a dev to write them. 

Crypty is a project in constant motion and adapting to the constant changes and needs of the crypto community.   

Perhaps you should stick with a coin that is stable and unchanging.......... like LiteCoin or MaxCoin.

GreXX

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 02:59:56 PM

[/quote]

To be completely honest, i'm not even sure what you're saying..

sologap

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 03:01:02 PM

anyone can post a working wallet link ? the one in the OP needs to download the blockchain but the url is down.

☠ CRAVEEmbraces the privacy movement ☠   
    Your Market. Your Blockchain Business. Your Profit.   
GreXX

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 03:04:57 PM

Status Update

The exchanges have the new client and are working on implementation. The web wallet has been updated and re-started on main net. We have the client's ready to post for download as soon as we know the exchanges are up and running and everything looks good.

Please keep in mind. Any activity on main net that you conduct from a private node at this time will most likely be rolled back into your wallet when you update. We are working to get everything up and synced asap so that we can post the clients.

Also, the block explorer will be down until the migration is complete as well. It was tied to the web wallet node (which has been updated) and the old code and requires an update and re-load as well. I am waiting for an answer back on when it will be ready.

I will keep you updated on where we are at and post the download links as soon as we are ready.

50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 03:21:16 PM

Status Update

The exchanges have the new client and are working on implementation. The web wallet has been updated and re-started on main net. We have the client's ready to post for download as soon as we know the exchanges are up and running and everything looks good.

Please keep in mind. Any activity on main net that you conduct from a private node at this time will most likely be rolled back into your wallet when you update. We are working to get everything up and synced asap so that we can post the clients.

Also, the block explorer will be down until the migration is complete as well. It was tied to the web wallet node (which has been updated) and the old code and requires an update and re-load as well. I am waiting for an answer back on when it will be ready.

I will keep you updated on where we are at and post the download links as soon as we are ready.

wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 03:23:28 PM

Ok, thanks for the update!

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
bubblymint38

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 03:32:46 PM

great coin!
and great to hear that we are going DPOS! Smiley
andyge

Activity: 509
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 05:12:53 PM

I understand now, XCR is a clone of the bts.
GreXX

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 05:39:27 PM

If that is what you got from what we said then you didn't read it correctly. However it would be fair to say that parts of the backbone infrastructure will be adaptations of the DPOS model created by the bitshares team, yes. I personally don't want to hide from that fact. I think basing our system on DPOS is a positive thing as it has proven to be one of the most influential, stable, and secure systems we have seen. I suspect you might see others taking a second look at DPOS in the next 6-12 months.

All of the other facets of Crypti that we have discussed all along are still being built and will still run on Crypti, the consensus model and network will simply be based on DPOS. This allows a scalable, secure, and equitable network to be built with much more relative ease. Why start over again from scratch when someone has already solved some of the problems we were running into and proven that it works and works wonderfully. DPOS and the success of the Bitshares network is a great advancement in the crypto space and allows for a scalable network, rewards those running the network, and that is still, for all intents and purposes, decentralized. There are some things about the way they implement delegates, reward them, and burn currency that we feel don't necessarily fit what we are doing and will be changing. But, overall, the core infrastructure will be largely based on what they have done.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 05:49:27 PM

I think basing our system on DPOS is a positive thing as it has proven to be one of the most influential, stable, and secure systems we have seen.

I suggest to analyze the issue described in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=913075.msg10184529#msg10184529 before moving further.
Or set the security limit to 67 delegates instead of 51 until we get a formal proof that 51 is indeed enough.
GreXX

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 06:06:17 PM

I think basing our system on DPOS is a positive thing as it has proven to be one of the most influential, stable, and secure systems we have seen.

I suggest to analyze the issue described in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=913075.msg10184529#msg10184529 before moving further.
Or set the security limit to 67 delegates instead of 51 until we get a formal proof that 51 is indeed enough.

Thanks for your comments! Number of delegates is one of the things we are paying very close attention to and discussing internally. As mentioned, we will be making some changes and tweaks to our version of DPOS. After 0.1.9 is officially out and the network looks good, we will start discussing our DPOS solution much more. We would love to get your input as we release more information and discuss how we plan to implement. We actually have it ready to enter testing and will have an extensive test phase to ensure we are happy with everything.

Any other input or your outlook on DPOS or possible areas of interest would be great to hear! Thanks!

Graffenwalder

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 12:34:52 AM

If that is what you got from what we said then you didn't read it correctly. However it would be fair to say that parts of the backbone infrastructure will be adaptations of the DPOS model created by the bitshares team, yes. I personally don't want to hide from that fact. I think basing our system on DPOS is a positive thing as it has proven to be one of the most influential, stable, and secure systems we have seen. I suspect you might see others taking a second look at DPOS in the next 6-12 months.

All of the other facets of Crypti that we have discussed all along are still being built and will still run on Crypti, the consensus model and network will simply be based on DPOS. This allows a scalable, secure, and equitable network to be built with much more relative ease. Why start over again from scratch when someone has already solved some of the problems we were running into and proven that it works and works wonderfully. DPOS and the success of the Bitshares network is a great advancement in the crypto space and allows for a scalable network, rewards those running the network, and that is still, for all intents and purposes, decentralized. There are some things about the way they implement delegates, reward them, and burn currency that we feel don't necessarily fit what we are doing and will be changing. But, overall, the core infrastructure will be largely based on what they have done.
Delegates are not implemented they are elected. The idea behind payd delegates is that they have to bring more value to the network than they cost, so it's not neccesarly rewarding as such but more a salary. They get hired and paid by the blockchain.
However this is only possible by inflation. The pay rate differences from 3% to 100% the difference is being burned, to bring value to the shareholders.

The inflation debate was a long one, and not everybody agreed. But I think that in the long run, that BTS with it's current inflationary DPOS system is the only self sustaining crypto project out there.

There is already PTS who has switched to DPOS, but they have chosen the deflationary model. Wich is fine because they are basically an share drop token. The main reason for the switch was that the pow chain died.

So with all this being said, I would really like to know how you envision your version of DPOS.
GreXX

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 01:10:49 AM

I understand how delegates are elected, what I was referring to was the implementation of the entire delegate system. I don't believe that it has to be inflationary but we will get into all of this much more once we start discussing our implementation of DPOS. I would love to have you around for the debate and to raise any arguments or bring merit to what decisions we make. Right now we are focused on posting 0.1.9 and updating everyone and then we will get into more details on our implementation.

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 08:43:45 AM

Six months(august) ago SyRenity told me this in our conversation, 

(this is a translation)

"After we finish launching Crypti and start a few interesting collaborations we will also begin the local activities like meetups an more..

We prefer to have a product with tangible benefits which we can present to the community"

So... where do we stand today ?
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 09:05:41 AM

Any update GreXX? How much longer till 0.1.9 will be released? Have the exchanges given the go ahead yet?
50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 10:36:39 AM

Six months(august) ago SyRenity told me this in our conversation, 

(this is a translation)

"After we finish launching Crypti and start a few interesting collaborations we will also begin the local activities like meetups an more..

We prefer to have a product with tangible benefits which we can present to the community"

So... where do we stand today ?

Relaunching  Huh
GreXX

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2015, 02:34:56 PM

Status Update

Version 0.1.9 is now LIVE. Linux, Mac, and Windows distributions are all available for download. The exchanges are still not back live (apparently because it is the weekend) so we decided to go ahead and release to everyone while we wait on them. We have updated the web wallet and explorer and everything looks good. This is a huge milestone for us and we are really excited for everyone to get it up and running and see the optimizations and improvements made. You should now be able to run on a 512 mb node easily and you should notice the differences immediately if you have been with us for a while.

Next we will start testing 0.2.0 (DPOS) and discussing our solution and how it will work. We will also be releasing the new website very soon. We have almost all pages coded and are tweaking the content.

Read the official update for more details and download links: http://blog.crypti.me/v019-release-notes/

popolite11

Activity: 882
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 02:44:58 PM

great coin!
and great to hear that we are going DPOS! Smiley

DPOS will  good for this coin.
Pages: « 1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 [441] 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: