Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:08:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 [537] 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804605 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GreXX

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 08:46:01 PM

Closing Notes

I'm writing this on a new post for better visibility.

The changes that I've proposed wouldn't take a minute to implement. I've already create a dump file of my .CSS edits and pushed it to GitHub : https://github.com/Wulfcastle/UI/blob/master/unpacked.css
I've not made any "major" design changes (barring the header, my reasoning explained in the above post), just subtle changes here and there intended to get a more consistent look and feel throughout the whole UI.

You guys could literally copy/paste this over your current app.css and double-check the changes in less than a minute. Why not use the changes that I've proposed, changes that the community seem to agree with me, instead of wasting time developing a theming system for the Crypti Client, which let's face it, no one would use to it's full potential. NXT have already tried integrating theming into their client, and virtually no one in their community uses it, I've seen 2 themes pop up from a community 1000x greater than our currently, and neither of those themes are used by anyone.

Rather make the changes now, to the UI as a whole than waste valuable time, developing themeing support for the Client UI (which could take > 50 hours), time which you guys could use to build Apps for the DApps Store or time which you guys could use to fix bugs/stabilize the client better/improve usability etc.

It would be far more productive to make the changes to the UI now as a whole, based on community feedback, and mould the UI into something that everyone in the community agrees with, rather than create a system where each community member has to individually tailor their UI to their preferences, because that is just never going to happen.

So @Wulfcastle, I had a chance to sit down today and review your last couple posts. Let me address some thoughts I have in regards to what you posted.

Navbar / Sidebar

For starters, while the site is based on material design, I don't know that it was ever the designers intention to stick to it 100% and that can be seen in some of the elements. For the Navbar header and the box shadow, I don't dislike your version, but I don't think the current version is wrong or bad design either. I still like the bold header and don't even mind it next to the darker sidebar. However, I do agree that dropping the inset / shadow from the sidebar might be better. This is a change I would support.

Tables

I definitely agree that some changes could be made to the tables. You will see that he uses double borders on some of the sections and creates very heavy lines in the header and sub header sections. I dislike the heavy lines and dividers that are in the current version. At first it didn't really bother me, but they really stand out over time and could definitely use more subtlety. I don't dislike the alternating colors to differentiate rows in the tables, but that is a design decision that can obviously go either way. I, visually, prefer to see alternating colors. It helps me read tables. It definitely doesn't need the heavy lines on all of the borders though.

I will continue to discuss it with the team and make sure that we address some of your points as soon as we can all get together and discuss it and come to a decision. I can't promise it will be overnight but we WILL get to it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sparky_eMunie

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 10:04:00 PM

You correct his grammer? What about spelling? : ))
Just curious, no pressure, what's the updated expected ETA on the white paper?

We almost finished it, i think we will publish it in one-two weeks.

Boris has been writing some of it every day for two weeks.  My job is to correct his grammer.  Yesterday, the topics were about half completed. 

Actually, Boris's spelling is pretty good, but remember, the Google DOC has spellcheck.  English is a hard language to get the grammer right.  The main mistake is that English and the european languages use "the" and "a" and "an", which Cryllic and Asian languages do not.  Also, English has the verb in the middle of the sentence, after the subject, whereas, most other languages have the verb at the end of the sentence.  So verbs get misplaced by non-native speakers. 

Overall, though, Boris's English is above average. 

You didn't get the joke. It was not about Boris. It's grammar, not grammer.

Radix - just imagine - radix.global
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 10:54:37 PM

Closing Notes

The changes that I've proposed wouldn't take a minute to implement. I've already create a dump file of my .CSS edits and pushed it to GitHub : https://github.com/Wulfcastle/UI/blob/master/unpacked.css
I've not made any "major" design changes (barring the header, my reasoning explained in the above post), just subtle changes here and there intended to get a more consistent look and feel throughout the whole UI.

You guys could literally copy/paste this over your current app.css and double-check the changes in less than a minute. Why not use the changes that I've proposed, changes that the community seem to agree with me, instead of wasting time developing a theming system for the Crypti Client, which let's face it, no one would use to it's full potential. NXT have already tried integrating theming into their client, and virtually no one in their community uses it, I've seen 2 themes pop up from a community 1000x greater than our currently, and neither of those themes are used by anyone.

Rather make the changes now, to the UI as a whole than waste valuable time, developing themeing support for the Client UI (which could take > 50 hours), time which you guys could use to build Apps for the DApps Store or time which you guys could use to fix bugs/stabilize the client better/improve usability etc.

It would be far more productive to make the changes to the UI now as a whole, based on community feedback, and mould the UI into something that everyone in the community agrees with, rather than create a system where each community member has to individually tailor their UI to their preferences, because that is just never going to happen.

So @Wulfcastle, I had a chance to sit down today and review your last couple posts. Let me address some thoughts I have in regards to what you posted.

Navbar / Sidebar

For starters, while the site is based on material design, I don't know that it was ever the designers intention to stick to it 100% and that can be seen in some of the elements. For the Navbar header and the box shadow, I don't dislike your version, but I don't think the current version is wrong or bad design either. I still like the bold header and don't even mind it next to the darker sidebar. However, I do agree that dropping the inset / shadow from the sidebar might be better. This is a change I would support.

Tables

I definitely agree that some changes could be made to the tables. You will see that he uses double borders on some of the sections and creates very heavy lines in the header and sub header sections. I dislike the heavy lines and dividers that are in the current version. At first it didn't really bother me, but they really stand out over time and could definitely use more subtlety. I don't dislike the alternating colors to differentiate rows in the tables, but that is a design decision that can obviously go either way. I, visually, prefer to see alternating colors. It helps me read tables. It definitely doesn't need the heavy lines on all of the borders though.

I will continue to discuss it with the team and make sure that we address some of your points as soon as we can all get together and discuss it and come to a decision. I can't promise it will be overnight but we WILL get to it.

First off, let me apologize for what happened yesterday. I was really stressed out with some things in my own life, and I was out of line, I realized today that I was at fault and I admit that fact. I took that stress out on you and the team and for that I am sorry. Thank you for replying despite whatever was said yesterday.

I agree with what you posted. The header has grown on me a bit to some extent, so it's really preference based, nothing wrong with keeping it.

What are your thoughts on the color palette that I've recommended? The color palette though would only make any major change to the header itself, and to the header blocks,  which have top-borders using some bland and repeated colors (in my opinion)?

From the new feedback that you've given me this is how I've redesigned the dashboard.

Main Changes

• I've kept the header
  • The new color palette (shown above) has been applied to the dashboard, with slightly lighter and warmer colors
  • I've replaced the dull grey header block with a warmer purple taken from the Crypti Logo
  • The header is a warmer shade of blue
  • Padding has been added to items within the sidebar
  • I've removed the box-shadow from the sidebar (which you agreed on)
  • The color of the the "Send" button and the "XCR Balance" background have been replaced with a lighter shade of the new header colour
  • The old icons in the header blocks have been replaced with slightly larger ones (around 110% their original size) with the same colors as the new color palette.
  • I haven't made any changes to the font.

Malibusparky

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 03:07:40 AM

@Wulfcastle speaking only for me you don't have apologize. We are who we are and we are all in this together.
You are important member of Crypti.
bubbletea789

Activity: 173

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 03:43:10 AM

well he deleted my posts for that joke lol. not meant to be a trolling one haha
GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 04:04:10 AM

Closing Notes

Navbar / Sidebar

Tables

First off, let me apologize for what happened yesterday. I was really stressed out with some things in my own life, and I was out of line, I realized today that I was at fault and I admit that fact. I took that stress out on you and the team and for that I am sorry. Thank you for replying despite whatever was said yesterday.

I agree with what you posted. The header has grown on me a bit to some extent, so it's really preference based, nothing wrong with keeping it.

What are your thoughts on the color palette that I've recommended? The color palette though would only make any major change to the header itself, and to the header blocks,  which have top-borders using some bland and repeated colors (in my opinion)?

From the new feedback that you've given me this is how I've redesigned the dashboard.

Main Changes

• I've kept the header
  • The new color palette (shown above) has been applied to the dashboard, with slightly lighter and warmer colors
  • I've replaced the dull grey header block with a warmer purple taken from the Crypti Logo
  • The header is a warmer shade of blue
  • Padding has been added to items within the sidebar
  • I've removed the box-shadow from the sidebar (which you agreed on)
  • The color of the the "Send" button and the "XCR Balance" background have been replaced with a lighter shade of the new header colour
  • The old icons in the header blocks have been replaced with slightly larger ones (around 110% their original size) with the same colors as the new color palette.
  • I haven't made any changes to the font.

@Wulf - No worries man, we both took it to another level. We've been here a while and had plenty of meaningful conversations on these boards and over email. I know we both just want to see this thing take off and I value your opinion on this. Water under the bridge.

As per the above referenced changes and the look of the version you have posted here, I support this version 100% and think it looks great. I'll make sure everyone takes a look at it and see what we can do. Thanks for your hard work on this!

luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 10:28:21 AM

poloniex wall gobbled up  Smiley
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 11:56:24 AM

I dont delete posts, I am not the moderator.  Matt, Max, and Boris have moderator privileges. 

Litoshi

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 11:57:41 AM

poloniex wall gobbled up  Smiley

Yes, somebody purchased 5 BTC at 1290 sats.

starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 12:19:25 PM

Corona Partnership

Hey guys,

some of you might already saw that the Corona fundraising was stopped. Unfortunately they couldn't continue their business due to legal uncertainties. Therefore our partnership comes to an end today.

Why i am not surprised?  Huh Grin
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 12:36:51 PM

I dont delete posts, I am not the moderator.  Matt, Max, and Boris have moderator privileges. 

If a post of you got deleted, you should have a PM in your inbox. There its written who deleted it (a moderator or crypti). I didn't delete anything, a moderator once deleted 2 posts of mine in this thread as well.

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 12:42:40 PM

Corona Partnership

Hey guys,

some of you might already saw that the Corona fundraising was stopped. Unfortunately they couldn't continue their business due to legal uncertainties. Therefore our partnership comes to an end today.

Why i am not surprised?  Huh Grin

We researched them and they were serious and honest people. (Besides the accusations.) It seems like it was a combination of bad circumstances, which resulted in failure. I think if they will try it again, they will pull this together. Smiley

Say starik, I saw that you have a nice website called cyber.fund. I hope I'm not mistaken and it actually isn't yours. But if it is, can you add the Crypti logo to the start page? We need as much exposure as possible. Smiley

Thank you.

bubbletea789

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 12:46:52 PM

Hey Litoshi, it was a joke, not meant to offend you in any way. appreciate your contributions man Smiley
bubbletea789

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 12:57:28 PM

If a post of you got deleted, you should have a PM in your inbox. There its written who deleted it (a moderator or crypti). I didn't delete anything, a moderator once deleted 2 posts of mine in this thread as well.

oh i just read it again it says "by a Bitcoin forum moderator" , it doesn't matter anyway Cheesy
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 01:05:38 PM

oh i just read it again it says "by a Bitcoin forum moderator" , it doesn't matter anyway Cheesy

Okay. Smiley It does matter for us, as we will not censor the community. In the beginning we got negative posts, because this is a self moderated thread. However, we never deleted anything. And we will never do so in the future. Smiley

Litoshi

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 01:07:58 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2015, 04:08:24 PM by Litoshi

I dont delete posts, I am not the moderator.  Matt, Max, and Boris have moderator privileges.  

Hey Litoshi, it was a joke, not meant to offend you in any way. appreciate your contributions man Smiley

I am not offended......... just want the community to know that I dont delete posts.  

BTW, I have had many posts deleted from BTT.  I troll several other sites, like Bitseeds (the coin).  

starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 02:59:14 PM

Say starik, I saw that you have a nice website called cyber.fund. I hope I'm not mistaken and it actually isn't yours.
Why on Earth do you think it is mine? Huh
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 03:47:25 PM

Say starik, I saw that you have a nice website called cyber.fund. I hope I'm not mistaken and it actually isn't yours.

Looked like it. Am I mistaken? Then I am sorry. Smiley

Litoshi

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 04:03:38 PM

Looked like it. Am I mistaken? Then I am sorry. Smiley

Th page showing the team, which was there yesterday,  has been deleted.

Here from Google Cache:  https://medium.com/cyber-blog

Revealing the cyber•Fund
We’ve gotten a lot of questions about our activities since we started in November 2013. To be honest we couldn’t fully answer all the…

Dima Starodubcev
May 15

bitseedmike

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 04:06:51 PM

I am not offended......... just want the community to know that I dont delete posts.  

BTW, I have had many posts deleted from BTT.  I troll several other sites, like Bitseed.  

And here, Litoshi is referring to trolling Bitseeds, the coin, not Bitseed, the ARM based Bitcoin Full Node.

Pages: « 1 ... 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 [537] 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: