Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:03:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 [539] 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804614 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 03:02:00 PM

Btw, for everyone's reference, the other major project I am working on is the first major dapp to be featured for the crypti platform. It will be a game, it will utilize multiple custom block chains and smart contracts, and it will be for mobile platforms at first. We won't open source the game itself but we will open source and release the smart contracts as well as hopefully a small documentary style video series on how we built it and incorporated the technology for others hoping to do the same as well as to show off what crypti is capable of. We have been pushing hard on it and think it will be a great first example of what is possible and highlight some of the benefits of using crypti as a platform.

Eric, Karma and I are the core team behind the development studio we are launching to produce and release it as well as future dapps.

The past few weeks we have seen a lot of debate on UI color pallets, 0.3.0 test nets with aliases and contacts, and now efforts to tip, translate and go social.  These are all very worthwhile efforts but ultimately no different from what is being done by lots of other cryptocoins.  

The effort GreXX outlines is a very important effort that has the potential to be something new and revolutionary.  What is the status on THAT?  When is side blockchains and dapps going to become the main effort in Crypti?

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that the killer app for Crypti will be a sports gambling dapp on side chains that can not be shut down by government authorities.  A custom side chain would be created for an upcoming game or horse race, that chain would embed wagers between Crypti users on the outcome, and a smart contracts subroutine would enforce transfer of Crypti to the winners from the losers by scraping an authoritative score results website.  A side chain for a finished event would be archived and a new custom chain would be started for an upcoming event.

Such a dapp would give players an incentive to buy Crypti as "gaming tokens" that could be converted later to other cryptocurrencies or fiat national currencies, ultimately causing the very value of Crypti to rise as more and more new users participate.

How do we start developing THIS?
crypti (OP)

Activity: 511
Merit: 500

Boris, Crypti Lead Developer, Lisk Advisor

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 03:37:54 PM

Btw, for everyone's reference, the other major project I am working on is the first major dapp to be featured for the crypti platform. It will be a game, it will utilize multiple custom block chains and smart contracts, and it will be for mobile platforms at first. We won't open source the game itself but we will open source and release the smart contracts as well as hopefully a small documentary style video series on how we built it and incorporated the technology for others hoping to do the same as well as to show off what crypti is capable of. We have been pushing hard on it and think it will be a great first example of what is possible and highlight some of the benefits of using crypti as a platform.

Eric, Karma and I are the core team behind the development studio we are launching to produce and release it as well as future dapps.

The past few weeks we have seen a lot of debate on UI color pallets, 0.3.0 test nets with aliases and contacts, and now efforts to tip, translate and go social.  These are all very worthwhile efforts but ultimately no different from what is being done by lots of other cryptocoins.  

The effort GreXX outlines is a very important effort that has the potential to be something new and revolutionary.  What is the status on THAT?  When is side blockchains and dapps going to become the main effort in Crypti?

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that the killer app for Crypti will be a sports gambling dapp on side chains that can not be shut down by government authorities.  A custom side chain would be created for an upcoming game or horse race, that chain would embed wagers between Crypti users on the outcome, and a smart contracts subroutine would enforce transfer of Crypti to the winners from the losers by scraping an authoritative score results website.  A side chain for a finished event would be archived and a new custom chain would be started for an upcoming event.

Such a dapp would give players an incentive to buy Crypti as "gaming tokens" that could be converted later to other cryptocurrencies or fiat national currencies, ultimately causing the very value of Crypti to rise as more and more new users participate.

DApps is next Crypti background release after current release. So, i think we will finish in the middle of next month, maybe few weeks more.
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 04:12:40 PM

Mal,

the REAL KILLER DAPP for XCR will be a HTML plug-in that processes micropayments for paywall websites. 

Paywall web sites, as or now, require Credit Card or PayPal payments for monthly or yearly subscriptions.  Problem with that, is that if the subscriber does not like the content, he has already paid for a month or a year.  Also, sometime you only want to read one or two relavent articles, but now have to buy a full subscription and use a CC.  This opens up the risk of CC fraud, and also exposes your true identity, which is recorded and subject to future use by the vendor, third party vendors, and the governments.

Micro payments are the future of paywall web sites.  The DAPP would function by sending a small amount of BTC or XCR or any other alt currency to the website's wallet or payment service.  Instead of a $40 yearly subscription, a customer can read the one or two relevant web articles for 50,000 sats or 10 XCR. 

Passion_ltc

Activity: 714

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 04:28:28 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2015, 06:09:19 AM by Passion_ltc

There will not only be one killer dapp, but many. Gambling, Betting, Micropayments, Proof-of-Ownership, exchange of goods/virtual items/stocks/currencies.. The list goes on and on. Smiley

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:45:44 AM

We applied some fixes to the online testnet version. We hope everything is working fine for you. Smiley

Bigcabrito

Activity: 504

Communications Lead

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:33:07 PM

Hello Crypti! ^^

I was wondering how the new whitepaper was coming along. Is there an ETA? Thanks!

Lisk.
    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
    Website | Blog | BTT Thread | Chat - Lisk Community Manager
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:00:20 AM

Hello Crypti! ^^

I was wondering how the new whitepaper was coming along. Is there an ETA? Thanks!

Close, we are still tweaking the last details. Expect to hear more next week. Smiley

bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:20:47 AM

Some news about dapp creation? some tutorial?
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:32:09 AM

Quite a few information will be in the whitepaper. Devs are currently busy with fixing some things in v0.3.0 and v0.3.1. After that we can concentrate 100% on the dapps again.

clipman77
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:52:42 AM

Quite a few information will be in the whitepaper. Devs are currently busy with fixing some things in v0.3.0 and v0.3.1. After that we can concentrate 100% on the dapps again.

Well, we wish you good luck, and that you will succeed.
Sparky_eMunie

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:42:57 PM

This is actually the very first sensible idea I've heard about Crypti. But developing it may take months.

Radix - just imagine - radix.global
Karen98

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:59:46 PM

Any ETA on the final version of the new UI? I hate the old UI.
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:34:23 PM

Any ETA on the final version of the new UI? I hate the old UI.

We understand you, it will take a short while more. Please remind, v0.3.0 not only have a new UI. It has many new features as well, including several bugfixes and refactoring of many code parts. Smiley

MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 12:29:40 AM

This is actually the very first sensible idea I've heard about Crypti. But developing it may take months.

And spending all the money it would generate when Crypti value goes to the moon may take the rest of our lives.
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 05:34:46 AM

And spending all the money it would generate when Crypti value goes to the moon may take the rest of our lives.

I really like this idea too. Dapps will shine brightest only when they accomplish something "normal" apps cannot...
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:39:32 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2015, 07:49:45 AM by Passion_ltc

I really like this idea too. Dapps will shine brightest only when they accomplish something "normal" apps cannot...

We are fully aware of this and once we are far enough with the development, the dapp space will enjoy our utmost attention. Smiley

MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 10:05:15 AM

We are fully aware of this and once we are far enough with the development, the dapp space will enjoy our utmost attention. Smiley

If you want to get started on a sports betting dapp, the logical place to start is with the Betfair API.

https://developer.betfair.com/

To get people interested in a Crypti sprts betting dapp, we've got to branch out beyond our currently pathetic relationship with Cryptsy/Bter/Poloniex.  In three more days we are apparently going to win the vote to get integrated into Coinomat, which could be critical in easily converting Crypti into other forms of "real money" that could be spent by sports betting users.  This is also a key component in making a sports betting dapp work and gain wide usage.

https://coinomat.com/coinvoting.php
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 10:06:40 AM

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that the killer app for Crypti will be a sports gambling dapp on side chains that can not be shut down by government authorities.  A custom side chain would be created for an upcoming game or horse race, that chain would embed wagers between Crypti users on the outcome, and a smart contracts subroutine would enforce transfer of Crypti to the winners from the losers by scraping an authoritative score results website.  A side chain for a finished event would be archived and a new custom chain would be started for an upcoming event.

If you want to get started on a sports betting dapp, the logical place to start is with the Betfair API.

Would this still be decentralized? I won't go into such areas, I'm just curious. Smiley

MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 10:25:18 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2015, 10:38:01 AM by MalReynolds

Would this still be decentralized? I won't go into such areas, I'm just curious. Smiley

To get people interested in a Crypti sports betting dapp, we've got to branch out beyond our currently pathetic relationship with Cryptsy/Bter/Poloniex.  In three more days we are apparently going to win the vote to get integrated into Coinomat, which could be critical in easily converting Crypti into other forms of "real money" that could be spent by sports betting users.  This is also a key component in making a sports betting dapp work and gain wide usage.

https://coinomat.com/coinvoting.php

Say we create an Android smartphone app that is also a Crypti sports betting dapp.  The Android app would access the Crypti blockchain system through the Crypti subroutine, get current betting information (recent winners in previous races and current odds in upcoming races) through the Betfair API, and handle transactions / transformations between Crypti and other currencies via access to the Coinomat system.  A user would have to register an account at Crypti, Betfair and Coinomat.  This registration could be automated and consolidated into the Android smartphone app.  Betfair will not accept packets originating from the US because of the aggressive anti-gambling stance of the US Justice Department so the Android app would have to include a VPN function to route all comms with Betfair thru the EU.  Betfair required users of their API system to get a "user key", also part of the registration process.

So...you have to have real-world interfaces to several existing systems, but your personal bets would not be on a single computer server that could be raided or shut down, they would be on the blockchain.  There would be no single person that the US Justice Department could arrest or single "bookie" website that could seized.  Betfair (a licensed UK corporation) would only be providing information to a Crypti dapp, not actually holding the money (which is how Betfair makes a profit currently in the real world - they act as the escrow bagman / smart contract agent between their users).   Coinomat is registered in the Cayman Islands and that's probably about as "safe" as it gets with money exchange.  

So yeah, an Android smartphone app / Crypti dapp for sports betting would be revolutionary - and decentralized.  Coinomat would work with us to develop this because it would help their growth, too.  Betfair would never know we were doing it - we would just be adding more users to their routine API system.

This is too good of an idea to let it die.  Once custom blockchains / smart contracts are a part of Crypti, I will start hammering on this idea over and over to organize the required programming effort.  Which will be significant but worth it.
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 01:11:54 PM

Mal,

Neither Android or Apple allow gambling apps.  The casino apps you see there are token based, and are not using real money.

Gambling sites have to be accessed through a browser. 

Pages: « 1 ... 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 [539] 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: