Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:43:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 [643] 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BuliH

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:25:09 AM

Here are some interesting stats about the accounts in NEMESIS:

avg post count: 211
avg registered days after NEM start: -64 (meaning registered 64 days before NEM start on avg)
avg number of days since last active (from 3/8): 65

For comparison, here are the same stats for sock accounts:

avg sock post count: 5
avg sock registered days after NEM start: 11
avg number of days since socks were last active: 203

You can't rely on this because Ripple Giveaway led to a lot of sockpuppet accounts created in advance (because of expectations that another coin will use the same approach). For a better assessment you should do Resource Testing trick which would show how many computers are owned by the remaining accounts. If you get that only 30% accounts own a computer then you could reliably assume that 70% are sockpuppets.

In this case, post count is a fair approximation for a proof of work  Smiley
People who have only 1 post in the past year are not likely to be real people. And if they are, then they are even less likely to be able to contribute anything to NEM.

There was no requirement of an amount of posts for the people who paid for their stakes in the beginning. And paying or investing in the development of NEM is in my opinion already contributing to NEM. There are people like me who have contributed initially by investing and followed the progress of an interesting development project from the sidelines and now find themselves kicked out. It doesn't mean that they are not going to contribute by supporting the economy after the launch. People just have different amount of time, skills and knowledge to participate in the conversation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:42:33 AM

PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME VIA PM JUST YET. WE'RE DISCUSSING THE MATTER INTERNALLY AND WILL ANNOUNCE HOW WE'RE GOING TO PROCEED SOON ENOUGH. FOR NOW IT'S POINTLESS TO CONTACT ME

And what the fuck is wrong with you for threatning us with legal actions? We working our asses of for a year and this is what we get?

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 07:44:43 AM

avg registered days after NEM start: -64 (meaning registered 64 days before NEM start on avg)

You can't rely on this because Ripple Giveaway led to a lot of sockpuppet accounts created in advance (because of expectations that another coin will use the same approach). For a better assessment you should do Resource Testing trick which would show how many computers are owned by the remaining accounts. If you get that only 30% accounts own a computer then you could reliably assume that 70% are sockpuppets.

In this case, post count is a fair approximation for a proof of work  Smiley
People who have only 1 post in the past year are not likely to be real people. And if they are, then they are even less likely to be able to contribute anything to NEM.

There was no requirement of an amount of posts for the people who paid for their stakes in the beginning. And paying or investing in the development of NEM is in my opinion already contributing to NEM. There are people like me who have contributed initially by investing and followed the progress of an interesting development project from the sidelines and now find themselves kicked out. It doesn't mean that they are not going to contribute by supporting the economy after the launch. People just have different amount of time, skills and knowledge to participate in the conversation.

No, so posts were just one criteria. As explained in the forums, IPs or fingerprints had to be linked. Once that link was established, the posts of potential socks were read and determined if they were a real person or not.

But don't worry, there will be a way for legitimate people to complain.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
hardshot

Activity: 457
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:34:59 AM

And what the fuck is wrong with you for threatning us with legal actions?
LOL.. Some of those gready asses noticed the potential of NEM.
But I clearly doubt that anyone will really start any actions.
bitcoingirly

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:37:22 AM

No, so posts were just one criteria. As explained in the forums, IPs or fingerprints had to be linked. Once that link was established, the posts of potential socks were read and determined if they were a real person or not.

You guys finally tried my patience. I have jumped through all your fucking stupid rings to get this now outdated coin. I used a sockpuppet as I am the devloper of a well known coin and don't want my name all over another coin. When I invested I thougt it had some potential but after all the bullshit of the founder being found to be a scammer and all this bullshit and to end up with a NXT look alike wallet I'm absolutely Fucking done with your childish bullshit. What fuckong hopeless team ends up with 60% of the coins and says it egalatarian. Fuckwits.....I'm out.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 08:40:22 AM

You guys finally tried my patience. I have jumped through all your fucking stupid rings to get this now outdated coin. I used a sockpuppet as I am the devloper of a well known coin and don't want my name all over another coin. When I invested I thougt it had some potential but after all the bullshit of the founder being found to be a scammer and all this bullshit and to end up with a NXT look alike wallet I'm absolutely Fucking done with your childish bullshit. What fuckong hopeless team ends up with 60% of the coins and says it egalatarian. Fuckwits.....I'm out.

As per the rules, people are allowed 1 sock account. If you have a legitimate excuse, then please contact us through the appeal process, which will be announced shortly. Just stop spamming our thread Smiley

None of the sock/unclaimed stakes will be used by the core team, as explained previously. The NEM devs are only getting 10% of the coins in total, up to the V1 launch, which is still many months away. We are not violating our principles.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 09:26:37 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2015, 09:54:04 AM by Daedelus

stick to the first plan 25% to dev,mobile app, nodes and 75% to stakeholders

The solution is to reduce  the number of  coins.  Give 25% to developers, hold  5% for people who might claim later, and 1 million each  for all legit users.

As I understand it, the 25% was agreed. It seems sensible to stick to this.

I don't recall the 25% being a a condition when I joined, so I already feel the stakes have been diluted. But maybe my bad, I swallowed that. Having such a high percentage out of circulation for 'unconventional marketing', 'mobile app' etc sounds more like mercenary devs/marketers will be producing what is needed for bounties and dumping for payment. Which is ok and expected to an extent, but not when those devs/marketers who want to get paid for their efforts are potentially as big a group as those that are holding NEM. There will be a huge imbalance.

I haven't seen any reason why the 'original' plan of 75% to stakeholders and 25% to devs/marketing/etc. can't be carried through ("we can't/won't" seems to be the current response). I can understand why 65% of the stakes not being distributed can seem like it will give NEM devs security in the future, but it is more likely that it will depress the price and make you wish you had limited this proportion to 25%.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 09:49:33 AM

There is a big difference between real PoW and your "PoW". The latter can't be verified and statement "NEM devs excluded part of the participants to avoid dilution of their own stake" still remains.

Does this mean that it's you who decides if someone deserves a stake?
patmast3r

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 09:58:22 AM

There is a big difference between real PoW and your "PoW". The latter can't be verified and statement "NEM devs excluded part of the participants to avoid dilution of their own stake" still remains.

May I ask where you sudden interrest in NEM comes from ?
Don't get me wrong, I welcome it but i don't think I've seen you in this thread before last week and now you're quite active in this thread.

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 10:07:55 AM

If you read the explanation of the analysis on our forums, then you would know that accounts had to be linked into fingerprint or ip-based clusters. It's the same data and analysis done in the previous sock cleaning round. Also, as before, no one was put on the sock list without someone going through their posts and seeing if they were legit or not. Finally, there's even an appeal process for real people who slipped through.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 10:08:53 AM

Don't get me wrong, I welcome it but i don't think I've seen you in this thread before last week and now you're quite active in this thread.

He's waiting for the launch announcement, which is probably not far off..

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 10:12:12 AM

Before last week everything was going pretty smoothly, there was only 1 red flag (absence of PoI tech details). But suddenly more red flags popped up. Time before the launch is the only opportunity to find out real motives behind NEM devs deeds, after the launch you could just say "Sorry, it's too late to change anything".

PS: Do you ask because my questions make you feel uncomfortable?
patmast3r

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 10:14:10 AM

Before last week everything was going pretty smoothly, there was only 1 red flag (absence of PoI tech details). But suddenly more red flags popped up. Time before the launch is the only opportunity to find out real motives behind NEM devs deeds, after the launch you could just say "Sorry, it's too late to change anything".

PS: Do you ask because my questions make you feel uncomfortable?

I ask because I wanted to know. You're asking questions in a zivilized and rational manner. Nothing that makes me feel uncomfortable at all.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 10:21:36 AM

If you read the explanation of the analysis on our forums, then you would know that accounts had to be linked into fingerprint or ip-based clusters...

How could the community verify that there are no other sockpuppets controlled by an insider left? Is the anti-sockpuppet analysis published somewhere?
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 10:26:41 AM

Man, this is turning into real soap opera!!
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 10:36:31 AM

I can't find that post about Mr. X who found 400 sockpuppets. A NEM dev mentioned that he was PhD in something and that he was really good in his area of expertise. Any ideas where that post is?
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 10:38:40 AM

If you read the explanation of the analysis on our forums, then you would know that accounts had to be linked into fingerprint or ip-based clusters...

How could the community verify that there are no other sockpuppets controlled by an insider left? Is the anti-sockpuppet analysis published somewhere?

We don't want to publish a list of names because of privacy reasons.

I can compile a chart of the registration dates, ranks, and post counts of NEM stakeholders. Or do you have other suggestions?

At this point, I'm fairly comfortable that there are no major sockmasters.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
mjrmac

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 10:40:03 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2015, 11:14:00 AM by mjrmac

Makoto has found the sockmaster Cheesy

https://forum.nemcoin.com/nem-news-alerts/stakes-of-sock-puppets-and-unclaimed-stakes/msg14033/#msg14033

The end of puppets is near!

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 10:41:57 AM

I can't find that post about Mr. X who found 400 sockpuppets. A NEM dev mentioned that he was PhD in something and that he was really good in his area of expertise. Any ideas where that post is?

https://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?pretty;board=nem-news-alerts;topic=the-age-of-extinction-the-final-blow-to-sockmasters.0

Feel free to join our forums while you're there ^ ^

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 10:50:26 AM

BTW, there are two things:

1) Please try to promote our reddit page (http://www.reddit.com/r/nem/) and make it more active

2) Are there any brick and mortar shops that are interested in accepted NEM?

No one wants to run our reddit page? CfB? CfA? Nemtildah? Anyone?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 [643] 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: