Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:12:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 [609] 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dannyman

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:09:30 PM

Hey guys,

I'm really not familar with this, I was told by a friend about this at work and he helped me pay for a stake.

Ok so I'm an idiot. I rememeber doing something a few months ago to register and I know I saved some account stuff for the NEM wallet?

So I just deleted the account info I had saved on my work computer in a folder. I checked and I still have a Token in my messages.

So am I screwed now? This tech stuff hurts my brain.

If you still have that token that you got via pm you're not screwed. If you have completed phase 1 you can still register until tomorrow (guide: https://forum.nemcoin.com/nem-news-alerts/updated-redemption-guide/)

Worst case is you have to redeem after launch. Keep that token safe !

No I already redeemed, im on the final list. But I don't have any accoint details and passwords i made, completely gone! Can I go throught the whole process again? Please tell me cause i better do it quick if possible.

https://chain.nem.ninja/stakes/registered

Send me a new address via pm and I'll exchange it. I suggest you keep the priv-key safe his time.

Sorry Sorry for false alarm, a guy at work is helping me recover my old files, i assumed they were gone but apparently not!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 04:30:02 PM

Looks like a significant number of NEMstakes aren't going to be redeemed...
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 05:14:14 PM

Obvious stall is obvious

What stall? And how is it obvious?

This attempt to find a new logo is a obvious ploy to delay the launch even further. The current logo is absolutely perfect for NEM, why do you need to go through a whole long process to design a new one? The only reason : to delay the launch further. You guys did the same with the change of the total coin supply, where the community debated for weeks on what the total coin supply should be.

Let's not beat around the bush here, NEM was supposed to be launched November last year, we are now near March and NEM still hasn't launched yet, nor does it look likely to launch anytime soon.
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 05:38:09 PM

Obvious stall is obvious

This attempt to find a new logo is a obvious ploy to delay the launch even further. The current logo is absolutely perfect for NEM, why do you need to go through a whole long process to design a new one? The only reason : to delay the launch further. You guys did the same with the change of the total coin supply, where the community debated for weeks on what the total coin supply should be.

Let's not beat around the bush here, NEM was supposed to be launched November last year, we are now near March and NEM still hasn't launched yet, nor does it look likely to launch anytime soon.

whether the logo is worked on now or not has absolutely ZERO effect on launch of nem or launch of mobile app. two/three completely separate groups of people are working on these things with zero overlap. so the logo can in no way shape or form, affect when the other two will be released.

Kod is right. Although I agree the logo discussion is pointless, this will not influence NEM's launch.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:19:02 PM

Obvious stall is obvious

whether the logo is worked on now or not has absolutely ZERO effect on launch of nem or launch of mobile app. two/three completely separate groups of people are working on these things with zero overlap. so the logo can in no way shape or form, affect when the other two will be released.

Kod is right. Although I agree the logo discussion is pointless, this will not influence NEM's launch.

Pointless?

I wouldn't go that far. When the topic of a new logo appeared, i immediately thought "Nope" and voted against it. This was before we saw any of these excellent new designs.

I take the stance that anything on the subject of NEM isn't pointless. It's good to have these discussions because it's part of being a community, and controversy is going to come with that package -- way of the world.

Calling it "pointless" just encourages this misconception that it's simply wasting time, time that others would say should be "Focusing on release". If by "focusing on release" we see no discussions, and people simply twiddling their thumbs until that date, we're not really succeeding at communicating and sharing idea's like a decent community would.

And, as I and Kody have said, these discussions, whether they be about the NEM logo or what pizza toppings their first NEM bought pizza will have, will not have any interference with the team working on the coin -- i think people need to get this out of their head.
Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 07:37:20 PM

This nonsense, we need a LAUNCH! Not a logo. My stakes has been stuck now over 3 months. Really afraid how the price will behave after the launch

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
mixmaster

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:06:03 PM

This nonsense, we need a LAUNCH! Not a logo. My stakes has been stuck now over 3 months. Really afraid how the price will behave after the launch
You can write, so you should be able to read as well: The logo discussion is causing no delay.
yeyo101

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:18:16 PM

Launch date first before logo. why are we even paying attention to this at the moment. More important is goin live first. Logo won't sell NEM
Logo would make NEM better sure AFTER LAUNCH not before. People aren't to say, ohhh look at that logo I must get in to NEM, lol. I may sound frustrated but I think that it's understandable. We need to deliver a real product now instead of pretend NEM. It's embarrassing telling friends who'm I've told months ago about this and they laughed about it now. I can see why it's funny, but I believe in NEM so it doesn't matter. But goin back to logo again is just a slap on the face. How about a serious Launch date. Is it goin to be another 10 months after NXT AE is closed lol, I mean come on. Im not hating, just hope you see it in my angle also. Cheers guys, Got nothing but love to this community.
yeyo101

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:18:49 PM

Read the post above yours.. Can't miss it..

Yah, I can read. What Im saying is Launch date first people. I'll sell you a car, but i'll make the logo really nice, and I won't tell you when you'll get it. but here play with simulation for 2 years just to make sure there are no kinks (because this is perfect and nothing will go wrong after it's out in the market) Smiley Sounds like NEM to me. Love you tho kod. just playing with words.
mixmaster

Activity: 388

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:23:24 PM

Yah, I can read. What Im saying is Launch date first people. I'll sell you a car, but i'll make the logo really nice, and I won't tell you when you'll get it. but here play with simulation for 2 years just to make sure there are no kinks (because this is perfect and nothing will go wrong after it's out in the market) Smiley Sounds like NEM to me. Love you tho kod. just playing with words.
Just because people are used to scammers launching shit coins without intensive testing, this doesnt mean NEM has to do the same.
If you dont like it, sell your NEMstake, but hurry... NXT AE NEMstake assets are worthless after Feb 26th Wink
Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:43:31 PM

So I'm in the middle of redeeming my stake. I've updated Java 7 to Java 8 and I've been using these guides which are helpful:

http://forum.nemcoin.com/nem-news-alerts/updated-redemption-guide/
http://forum.nemcoin.com/nem-news-alerts/nem-redemption-starts-now/
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=959075.msg10496074#msg10496074

The last one is particularly useful for me since my PC is 32-bit so I'm using the standalone version of the client.

My first question is, what is meant by the word "password" in the box below? When creating an address, does the password equal the same thing as NXT's passphrase (which should be very complex) or Bitcoin's wallet encryption password (which can be simple)? I'm guessing it's the latter, right?

And secondly, is it normal for the client to consume 600 MB of RAM? My laptop has 1 GB of RAM so running the client slows everything down significantly. Sad
yeyo101

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 11:52:16 PM

Just because people are used to scammers launching shit coins without intensive testing, this doesnt mean NEM has to do the same.
If you dont like it, sell your NEMstake, but hurry... NXT AE NEMstake assets are worthless after Feb 26th Wink

Why do you assume I want to dump my share. sometimes people just want to be able to trade what they've been bragging about to their friends. When did you buy in if you dont mind me asking so just that I know how long you've been waiting. Just curious?
coingirl87

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 11:58:36 PM

Why do you assume I want to dump my share. sometimes people just want to be able to trade what they've been bragging about to their friends. When did you buy in if you dont mind me asking so just that I know how long you've been waiting. Just curious?

whats your problem???

on 26.02 is deadline for AE. This is a good sign for launch and the devs estimate launch for march. So i cant understand why do you make trouble here at forum.

The Nem LOGO has no influence to the launch so stop crying. A good LOGO is indispensable because its represent nem and the whole project! So we need a very good Logo before launch, not after that. When you want the launch, then please test the beta version!
coingirl87

Activity: 103

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 12:00:51 AM

@ devs: what will happen with all the stakes which miss the deadline on AE?
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 12:25:10 AM

@ devs: what will happen with all the stakes which miss the deadline on AE?

They will be lost, so hopefully no one misses the deadline!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 12:30:00 AM

So I'm in the middle of redeeming my stake. I've updated Java 7 to Java 8 and I've been using these guides which are helpful:

http://forum.nemcoin.com/nem-news-alerts/updated-redemption-guide/
http://forum.nemcoin.com/nem-news-alerts/nem-redemption-starts-now/
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=959075.msg10496074#msg10496074

The last one is particularly useful for me since my PC is 32-bit so I'm using the standalone version of the client.

My first question is, what is meant by the word "password" in the box below? When creating an address, does the password equal the same thing as NXT's passphrase (which should be very complex) or Bitcoin's wallet encryption password (which can be simple)? I'm guessing it's the latter, right?

And secondly, is it normal for the client to consume 600 MB of RAM? My laptop has 1 GB of RAM so running the client slows everything down significantly. Sad

Are you running NIS as well? We give the server (NIS) at least 512 MB of ram.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 12:39:52 AM

Considering the performance of even the most shittest of shitcoins (And there's alot), i think NEM will have nothing to worry about. Not by a long shot.
Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:06:09 AM

glad to see the guides are helping Smiley

Ya it's same as bitcoin using wallet file.

Ya it's nis using all the ram. If you want I can give you an IP address to connect to a remote nis. You won't have to run nis locally or ever have to download the blockchain. Always fully synced

Are you running NIS as well? We give the server (NIS) at least 512 MB of ram.

Yeah, the laptop I was using was a bit underpowered since it only had 1 GB RAM. Since it was 32-bit, I had to use the standalone client which kept saying that NIS wasn't running despite following the instructions. Fortunately, I also had a 64 bit laptop running Windows 8 and 2 GB of memory at hand so I was able to boot that up and download the installer and the rest was pretty easy.

Only one more step left and that's to send my NEMstake. But before I do that, my NXT client needs to be synced. Hopefully this part shouldn't take too long.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 05:35:27 AM

im about to redeem mine now too...

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Siegtal81

Activity: 334

Global Trans-Fee Mining Exchange

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:12:20 AM

i also will redeem my stakes in a few hours or i sell 3 NEM Stakes for 400k NXT. Is anyone interested?  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 [609] 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: