Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:28:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 [620] 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mixmaster

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:33:46 PM

eagle, phoenix, swan...all worse than what we have right now imho.
If we're gonna vote i hope the community has the sense to not vote for a change of logo.

heres to sense! I dont remember facebook or the olympics changing their logos

any timeline for launch yet?

There are a lot more examples.
And: We aren't even launched Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
biocrypt

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:40:18 PM

If we're gonna vote i hope the community has the sense to not vote for a change of logo.

heres to sense! I dont remember facebook or the olympics changing their logos

any timeline for launch yet?
http://blog.pixellogo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/coca-cola-logo-evolution.png
http://eventlogos.blog.com/files/2011/09/Corporate-Logos-3.jpg
http://allcarlogos.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/fiat-logo-hist.jpg

There are a lot more examples.
And: We aren't even launched Cheesy

They are not drastic changes like what is proposed for NEM
mixmaster

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:42:06 PM

They are not drastic changes like what is proposed for NEM
Look again, I think FIAT changed a lot...

Another example:

But yeah, people have different opinions. The vote will decide.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 01:56:11 PM

How about you show some of the logo timelines for companies that only include the changes over one year ? Even better would be pre-release.

What I'm saying is you can't even remotely compare it. If the "times" change and those changes make a logo change necessary it's not a bad thing but changing it because...well just because is imho a waste.

jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 02:11:09 PM

The original Facebook logo was Zuckerburg's head.  Well.... kind of.   Grin  But his head in the corner of every screen was definitely a big trademark.  

Maybe I just aged myself, but I was using it back then.  It was very elitist because you could only get on if you belonged to certain unis.

BTW: welcome to NEM Biocrypt.  Glad your here.  (that might seem sarcastic after my post, but it was a genuine "welcome")

gd_kuaile

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 02:37:39 PM

As what I said a few days ago, the current logo is fine.
NEM had not lauched officially, what the hell should we repick new logo so many times? Absolutely a waste of time.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 02:50:46 PM

Many say voting for the logo is a waste of time. Let's not waste any more time. Just pick the logo, don't need voting and be done with it. Most are too busy anyway, trolling of course. The last time, there were like 80. Now, I think everyone is too busy and it is a waste of time. Those who care would have voted anyway from an earlier poll.

At the end of the day, what makes this thing beautiful is the substance. The form of delivery is an incidental process.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 03:54:25 PM

fork coming at 43k, migrate to 0.5.16

P.S. new docs are out: http://bob.nem.ninja/docs/

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:43:59 PM

Idea I did not tell. But about the project in the region said. Hopefully, after starting to be seen.
In addition, some of it, I told one of the team of NEM. He sees my idea interesting and useful.

lyka,

Just a note, BloodyRookie is also in the NEM core dev team.
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:49:28 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2015, 08:08:06 PM by lordoliver

Its nice, that everyone wants to participate, but if it goes on like this, every month another "genius" thinks, he found a better logo than the current one, and wants to change it. Thats not working. A brand should be stable... and it also costs a lot of effort every time to make polls and so on...
I think this energy can be used better...
to avoid further conflicts with the branding I suggest to satisfy people with a planned rebranding after 1 year running blockchain. Of course with the option, to keep the old one in the polls :-)
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 08:07:49 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2015, 08:21:42 PM by TaunSew

As what I said a few days ago, the current logo is fine.
NEM had not lauched officially, what the hell should we repick new logo so many times? Absolutely a waste of time.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
EvilDave

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 09:28:30 PM

Hey! We need eagle logo!

Please choose any on a choice! Smiley

No bloody eagles. This is a blunt point, but any pretty much any eagle insignia will make NEM look like a bunch of fascists.
Really, trust me on this. Same for lions, btw.

Its nice, that everyone wants to participate, but if it goes on like this, every month another "genius" thinks, he found a better logo than the current one, and wants to change it. Thats not working. A brand should be stable... and it also costs a lot of effort every time to make polls and so on...
I think this energy can be used better...
to avoid further conflicts with the branding I suggest to satisfy people with a planned rebranding after 1 year running blockchain. Of course with the option, to keep the old one in the polls :-)

+1, good plan.
The current logo/branding is OK, and probably could be improved, but isn't a priority.
If NEM works, branding won't be all that important in the beginning, and if it doesn't work, eagles won't help.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 09:47:08 PM

Out of the new logo's i saw, the only ones that simply made sense were the ones that took the original logo and improved upon it.

It seems to me going down a whole new route and creating something entirely new just sorta poops in the face of the previous votes. For me, it's a huge no-no to the bird logo's.
TaunSew

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 09:54:37 PM

Out of the new logo's i saw, the only ones that simply made sense were the ones that took the original logo and improved upon it.

It seems to me going down a whole new route and creating something entirely new just sorta poops in the face of the previous votes. For me, it's a huge no-no to the bird logo's.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
TaunSew

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 09:58:07 PM

NEM angel  Shocked

mixmaster

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 11:14:52 PM

http://localhost:8989/ncc/web/index.html won't load been running about 3 hours
A little bit more information please.
Installer or standalone?
Is NIS and NCC running?
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 11:24:35 PM

anybody got some NEM ?....trying out latest client 0.5.16

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 11:29:20 PM

I dont think changing the logo is a good idea, the traditional NEM logo is known and established, and can be recognised by anyone that has had even brief exposure to NEM and especially no to the eagles! Its too much fascist/USSA... stick to the pheonix if you really need to change it!

Actually, we really need to get normal (non-crypto) people to vote. We need something that will appeal to the masses.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 11:34:19 PM

NEM angel  Shocked

Still my personal favorite Cheesy

But it could be a Phoenix too.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 11:53:58 PM

I have a strong project for NEM. It is unique. In the network is nothing there.
So far I have just described it an algorithm or another - the terms of reference.
The cost of creating it somewhere around $ 10,000. Income - from a few hundred thousand dollars to tens of millions a year.
I will spend its share of its development.
The problem I have the language barrier. It's very sad. Because I'd like to be partners in this project. Because I'm not a programmer. I'll think about how to solve this problem.

If you can convince people that your idea is good, you should be able to get funding from the community fund.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 [620] 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: