Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:20:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 [622] 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984114 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 07:53:24 PM

Please read the newsletters, its all in there:
http://nem.io/archives.html

OK so basically you guys have no clue when your release date is, over 1 ENTIRE YEAR after coming up with the concept??? That's what I get from the newsletter.

I'd give NEM about a 25% chance of being just a long con scam.

ALL OTHER platforms release their working client WITH BUGS IN THE SYSTEM. And you know what? THEY IRON THEM OUT, BECAUSE _REAL_ PEOPLE are doing _REAL_ TESTING on a _REAL_ product.

All that NEM is right now is an elaborate ponzi scheme. Ponzi until proven otherwise -- thats one of the first rules of crypto.

So far you guys have been unable prove otherwise.

I take it you haven't used or even looked at screenshots of the beta client then? You know, the one with hundreds of thousands of transactions logged on a test network so that real people's real money doesn't get sucked into a black hole forever when and if a major bug is found? The one that people have been testing for months now to ensure that the system is secure and ready to handle real financial transactions before people start sending and receiving real money with real value using it? The one that exists for anyone to use and look at and is being actively developed daily by a team of dedicated developers and undergoing massive amounts of code changes with every release as we approach the actual launch of the system?

I guess you must have glossed over that?

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grewalsatinder

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Blockchain Technology Enthusiast, IT Pro

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 08:05:44 PM

OK so basically you guys have no clue when your release date is, over 1 ENTIRE YEAR after coming up with the concept??? That's what I get from the newsletter.

ALL OTHER platforms release their working client WITH BUGS IN THE SYSTEM. And you know what? THEY IRON THEM OUT, BECAUSE _REAL_ PEOPLE are doing _REAL_ TESTING on a _REAL_ product.

All that NEM is right now is an elaborate ponzi scheme. Ponzi until proven otherwise -- thats one of the first rules of crypto.

Feel ponzied? Sell your NEM tokens. Wink

mixmaster

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 09:43:57 PM

nutildah, you made my day  Grin
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 10:43:24 PM

I think that NEMs huge problem is that it wasn't launched in November before the current BTC slaughter and all ongoing ALT slaughter. I know, you might tell how NEM wasn't ready, multisig wasn't ready etc.. and I agree with this, but I think huge opportunity has been passed. Crypto is in a big slump and it will take time for it to get out of this slump. Problem with NEM is that will be launched in the midst of the crypto storm crisis.

It couldn't be launched in Nov as it wasn't ready in Nov. We still don't know when it will launch.  Could be another six months of bug fixing.

They said March.

Who is "they"?  No actual dev said March
There is a list of "Marketers" on the OP and three of them have said March. "Rocketear, Kotycoon, and Pastmstewr, the only launch date I saw listed was by xTester when it was an "Official" launch date of December 2014.
to clarify, the March date was just a rough estimate of when launch might be. None of us 3 actually knows with any certainty when launch will be. The only reason March look like a good date is cos a dev previously said a few(as in 3) weeks after multisig release. So being conservative you can add a few weeks on top of the originally mentioned few week which ends up being around 1st to 2nd or 3rd week in March. Based on the knowledge we have, that is the vest estimate we can give.

March is not an "official launch date". It is an estimate based on prior information and on the assumption no major bugs are found.

28 days remain... Countdown!

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 02:17:36 AM

NEM = Nothing Ever Made

Waiting for Simcoin source code to come out

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 03:05:32 AM

...Oh, and just out of curiosity but does anyone know if the current NEM wallet can be used once the real NEM launches or will we be given another wallet to download?

There will be a new release of the client.

Ah, thanks. Pretty much what I had expected then.

I don't think NEMstakes on the NXT asset exchange are redeemable anymore although BTT redemption will continue after the launch. Hopefully he has the latter.
there was way enough time to redeem from AE. the whole whining is just annoying.

AE is finished.  Any unclaimed stakes won't be redeemable.  It was announced for months for people to redeem and messages were sent to every account telling them to redeem.  The portal is now closed. 

LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:51:26 AM

After launch the next phase begins:

"Dev, why aren't I a millionaire yet? NEM was released 7 days ago hurrr durr troll angry face crying face"

Cool
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 05:48:10 AM

After launch the next phase begins:

"Dev, why aren't I a millionaire yet? NEM was released 7 days ago hurrr durr troll angry face crying face"

Cool

right, but most people will at least be Nemionaires.  hahahahah  Shocked

Lorenzo

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:33:30 AM

I think it's clear that it's unlikely to be a scam at this point since they have actually released a functioning beta version of the wallet. I can understand where you're coming from though since launches this long are atypical in the altcoin world. NXT was launched a couple months after it was announced and lacked some of the features it was meant to have (e.g. asset exchange, transparent forging, monetary system) because much of the development happened in the following year after the coin was launched.
grewalsatinder

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:08:46 AM

I think it's clear that it's unlikely to be a scam at this point since they have actually released a functioning beta version of the wallet. I can understand where you're coming from though since launches this long are atypical in the altcoin world. NXT was launched a couple months after it was announced and lacked some of the features it was meant to have (e.g. asset exchange, transparent forging, monetary system) because much of the development happened in the following year after the coin was launched.

What makes NEM different or special over NXT?
I see NXT has proven to be continuous development progress throughout last year. They are far far better than other CryptoCurrency Developments. Much advanced.

It doesn't mean I'm saying NEM is nothing or offending NEM. I want know how big and faster NEM is in compare to NXT.

If I honestly say right now I have more confidence in NXT than any other CryptoCurrency. I'm new to NEM. Getting to know it bit by bit. Trying to understand where exactly NEM fits and shines.

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:18:52 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 08:30:30 AM by patmast3r

I see NXT has proven to be continuous development progress throughout last year. They are far far better than other CryptoCurrency Developments. Much advanced.

It doesn't mean I'm saying NEM is nothing or offending NEM. I want know how big and faster NEM is in compare to NXT.

If I honestly say right now I have more confidence in NXT than any other CryptoCurrency. I'm new to NEM. Getting to know it bit by bit. Trying to understand where exactly NEM fits and shines.

It's hard to answer these questions because I don't wanna tarnish NXT (prob couldn't anyway) or make it seems like I'm trolling NXT.
One thing that is a clear and undeniable difference is the algorithm that determines the next block creator. NXT uses POS whereas NEM uses POI which stands for Proof of Importance and is an improved, adaptation of POS that adds additional factors into the mix besides mere balance.
There is no denying that NXT has a time advantage. It's been around longer and has more features than NEM right now. How many of those features are actually usefull besides the AE I'll leave to everyone to decide for themselves.
I'm not sure NXT has ever been load testet on the testnet like NEM has been during the BETA (and still is actually. averagejoe is going nuts again Smiley). The load that right now is being put on the NEM testnet is multitudes higher than what will be going on the live net during the first months or even year and where the network did show signs of weakness during ealier stages of the BETA it's now handling that load like a boss Smiley. NXT also has very few activity i.e. most blocks don't contain any tx so if no load test has been conducted it's hard to say if the network could handle higher loads.
From just looking at the blocktimes it seems, to me, as semi-layman that NEMs blocktimes are overall more consistent and closer to the targeted 60 sec avg. but it's not like I have done some empirical research on that so I don't wanna state that outright.

Hope that helps and hope it's not being percieved as attack on NXT.

Lorenzo

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:42:09 AM

Here's the story of how and why NEM came to be:

Basically, NXT had less-than-ideal distribution. An anonymous dev launched an IPO that despite being open for 2 months, only raised 21 BTC and 73 people got all of the NXT - and of these, most of the NXT went to only about 20 people. After a while, more people found out about NXT and its innovative features and the price skyrocketed - turning these very lucky people into instant millionaires. In response to the poor distribution, a number of NXT clones were created with each clone aiming to have a wider and "fairer" distribution than that of NXT. Examples include NAS, NXTL, NEX, NXT2, NFD, NHZ, and of course, NEM.

With the exception of NXTL* and NEM, their creators did just that. The clones launched, grew a small following, and then they flopped.

NEM was given away for free on Bitcointalk and then later for a small fee. During its development, there was also a minor scandal which resulted in the founder leaving the project.

Early on, NEM was originally planned to be a NXT clone but later, the decision was changed so that NEM would have a completely new codebase. So the devs got to work, and coded the coin completely from scratch although obviously it was still very much inspired by NXT. While they were doing this, a number of new features were added to the mix - the most significant of these being the novel proof-of-importance algorithm which discourages hoarding and encourages use of the currency (unlike traditional proof-of-stake which encourages hoarding).

I'm sure there are other new features that NEM has but I'm not a dev and the PoI seems to be the main difference between the two coins.

*NXTL followed a similar path to NEM, opting to build their coin from scratch as well. It was later renamed NODE.
grewalsatinder

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:57:45 AM

Basically, NXT had less-than-ideal distribution. An anonymous dev launched an IPO that despite being open for 2 months, only raised 21 BTC and 73 people got all of the NXT - and of these, most of the NXT went to only about 20 people. After a while, more people found out about NXT and its innovative features and the price skyrocketed - turning these very lucky people into instant millionaires. In response to the poor distribution, a number of NXT clones were created with each clone aiming to have a wider and "fairer" distribution than that of NXT. Examples include NAS, NXTL, NEX, NXT2, NFD, NHZ, and of course, NEM.

With the exception of NXTL* and NEM, their creators did just that. The clones launched, grew a small following, and then they flopped.

NEM was given away for free on Bitcointalk and then later for a small fee. During its development, there was also a minor scandal which resulted in the founder leaving the project.

Early on, NEM was originally planned to be a NXT clone but later, the decision was changed so that NEM would have a completely new codebase. So the devs got to work, and coded the coin completely from scratch although obviously it was still very much inspired by NXT. While they were doing this, a number of new features were added to the mix - the most significant of these being the novel proof-of-importance algorithm which discourages hoarding and encourages use of the currency (unlike traditional proof-of-stake which encourages hoarding).

I'm sure there are other new features that NEM has but I'm not a dev and the PoI seems to be the main difference between the two coins.

*NXTL followed a similar path to NEM, opting to build their coin from scratch as well. It was later renamed NODE.

Thanks Lorenzo,

I was looking for NEM history on google, but couldn't find. Thanks for some history insight on NEM.

Few more questions.

* I see in IPO or NEM investment Come-From-Boyond is marked red, and mentioned he took step back from his investment in NEM. I joined NXT just last month, but he seems to be pretty reputed person in NXT community. Do you know any reason why he has left NEM behind?

* jl777 is working on SuperNET which is going to be more powerful Decentralised Exchange. And of course more quicker and faster than NXT Asset Exchange with the use of InstantDEX, MMNXT, RAMCHain and such (Still trying to understand SuperNet technology. Seems pretty cool so far I have studied). His project over NXT platform is pretty solid as per my personal experience. Sure, not much people are using it right now, but as the service gets faster with InstantDEX, I'm sure there'll be plenty coming over to it since the recent heists happened over 3 centralised exchanges, and who can forgot the whole history of centralised exchange.

- What sort of Asset Exchange NEM has? or is working on?
 - What's the development status/stage of NEM's Exchange?
 - What features NEM's exchange has over NXT Asset Exchange?
 - Is there anything better NEM has in plan to deliver on it's launch or after launch to compete or overpass SuperNET which is based on NXT?
 - If NEM is not having something similar on their official plan or roadmap to compete such SuperNET, is there any other developer out of NEM team working on such project if NEM team is aware of?
 - If not, what NEM has in plan to compete agains SuperNET?

* I see NXT has some exciting project underway, though they also are very well delayed (no surprise, but still) such as Lyth (Game), DeBuNe, Nxtty etc.
 - What projects NEM has currently or in plan?
 - Where can I see those projects? I couldn't find Assets or Projects section on NEM forum.
 - Who are the lead innovators/developers in NEM development communities. I'd like to follow them on Forums or social media if possible, and see how well they are progressing on NEM development. That helps learning NEM development and boosts confidence on NEM technology.

* PoI is cool concept. I'm currently trying it in NEM testnet. All I know (from wikipedia) is PoI is based on how much transactions you do in network and on that basis any account's Importance increases. Is there more detail available on PoI?
 - Not sure if possible, but still. If NXT plans to implement the same or similar functionality as Proof of Importance, do you think it will affect NEM?

* I have no idea about NEM developers, as I just joined NEM recently. What I learned on NXT forums, jl777, CfB and few others are very knowledgeable developers. Seems hard to compete. Who do you think is most equivalent to jl777 and CfB in NEM community?

I'm not offending or complaining NEM. I did mistake with PayCoin as I entered in CryptoCurrency just this December. Pretty new, and learning a lot every day.
Just want to make sure NEM isn't my Next mistake. Tongue

Cheers,
Satinder.

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 11:01:04 AM

Thanks Lorenzo,

I was looking for NEM history on google, but couldn't find. Thanks for some history insight on NEM.

Few more questions.

* I see in IPO or NEM investment Come-From-Boyond is marked red, and mentioned he took step back from his investment in NEM. I joined NXT just last month, but he seems to be pretty reputed person in NXT community. Do you know any reason why he has left NEM behind?

* jl777 is working on SuperNET which is going to be more powerful Decentralised Exchange. And of course more quicker and faster than NXT Asset Exchange with the use of InstantDEX, MMNXT, RAMCHain and such (Still trying to understand SuperNet technology. Seems pretty cool so far I have studied). His project over NXT platform is pretty solid as per my personal experience. Sure, not much people are using it right now, but as the service gets faster with InstantDEX, I'm sure there'll be plenty coming over to it since the recent heists happened over 3 centralised exchanges, and who can forgot the whole history of centralised exchange.

- Is there anything better NEM has in plan to deliver on it's launch or after launch to compete or overpass SuperNET which is based on NXT?
 - If NEM is not having something similar on their official plan or roadmap to compete such SuperNET, is there any other developer out of NEM team working on such project if NEM team is aware of?

* I see NXT has some exciting project underway, though they also are very well delayed (no surprise, but still) such as Lyth (Game), DeBuNe, Nxtty etc.
 - Where can I see those projects? I couldn't find Assets or Projects section on NEM forum.
 - Who are the lead innovators/developers in NEM development communities. I'd like to follow them on Forums or social media if possible, and see how well they are progressing on NEM development. That helps learning NEM development and boosts confidence on NEM technology.

* PoI is cool concept. I'm currently trying it in NEM testnet. All I know (from wikipedia) is PoI is based on how much transactions you do in network and on that basis any account's Importance increases. Is there more detail available on PoI?
 - Not sure if possible, but still. If NXT plans to implement the same or similar functionality as Proof of Importance, do you think it will affect NEM?

* I have no idea about NEM developers, as I just joined NEM recently. What I learned on NXT forums, jl777, CfB and few others are very knowledgeable developers. Seems hard to compete. Who do you think is most equivalent to jl777 and CfB in NEM community?

I'm not offending or complaining NEM. I did mistake with PayCoin as I entered in CryptoCurrency just this December. Pretty new, and learning a lot every day.

Cheers,
Satinder.

The best thing about NEM is Patmast3r. He's a real people person  Cheesy Always brightens my day.

Some nice overviews of NEM are:
https://medium.com/@xtester/the-new-economy-movement-fb9bb67eb9fe
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/this-cryptocurrency-doesnt-want-to-beat-bitcoin-it-wants-to-beat-the-economy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
grewalsatinder

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:19:33 AM

Thanks Lorenzo,

Few more questions.

hello and welcome to nem. Smiley great questions. il try to answer some as best i can.

afaik, CFB left because he didnt want to have conflicting interest in a competing platform seeing as he is a very important part of nxt. if he was seen to be supporting nem, it could cast doubt over his dedication to nxt and his side projects. he isnt driven by money from what i have seen.

1) nems asset exchange will have the same core functionality from what iv heard but with massive improvements.. the devs have kept the details secret so far which is understandable as they dont want anyone running off with the ideas.

2) development of Nems AE hasnt started yet however i think it will be number 1 priority post-launch.

3) not sure yet.

4) nem has a number of things better than nxt, 3 of which being proof of importance, secure/remote harvesting and(if nxt doesnt get theirs out before we launch) the first blockchain based Multisig. Remote/secure harvesting is my favourite feature, it allows you to connect to anyones Nis, even a malicious one, and you can harvest, transact and do everything you normally would have to do, with out ever having to download the blockchain and your privat keys are never sent over the network. its as simple as my giving you an IP address, you put that in settings, and if my nis is already synced, then you are instantly synced and ready to transact in a completely safe and secure way. this is a really really powerful feature.

5) there is nothing in the works that is in the line of supernet style development. its not needed imo.  i dont see supernet being a risk to nem what so ever

6) nem has a huge amount planned but not everything has been released yet. and supernet itself isnt a currency, so its not so much supernet we would be competing with but rather the currencies that use its platform, and none of those pose a risk imo.

1 + 2) currently i think altnemo is the only one.. you can find info about that on the OP or in the newsletters. seeing as we havnt launched yet, its understandable that few projects have been launched yet either.

3) the core developers are

Jaguar0625 (NIS, NCC)
Gimre (NIS, NCC)
Makoto (NIS, POI)
Thies (NIS, NCC) < not so active due to time restraints.
BloodyRookie ( NIS, POI)

they are not so active on forums/social media as they are breaking their backs coding nem so they dont really have so much time to post.. Makoto would be the most active and involved in marketing side of things on top of the technical development aspects and gimre/bloodyrookie would be solely active in regards to technical things on nemforum + IRC.. i dont think they are on social media like facebook/twitter etc.. Jaguar0625 isnt massively vocal at all on forums etc.. to follow technical developments the best thing you can do is follow the threads for new version releases. Nem is still closed source so it understandable that in-detail technical discussions happen between the core developers and not publicly.

another reason devs arent very vocal, is because there is an entire marketing team that does most if not all of the PR and marketing side of things which frees up time for the developers so they dont need to worry about the non-tech stuff and can continue with their work in a more efficient way.

from what i have heard, due to to the technical architecture differences between nxt and nem, it would be damn near impossible for nxt to integrate POI.. i could be entirely wrong on that though.. however, if that was to happen.. that would purely be good publicity for nem imo.
Nem devs are BAD ASS... seriously those guys are sheer genius.. im not about to start making comparisons, but once you start using the features and understand the implications of how things have been done, its quite mind blowing tbh.. i mean the remote nis thing alone is astonishing.. that feature alone opens the potential to be able to walk down the street and pick up a connection to one or(in the future) multiple nis as you would with wifi and you could do transactions walking down the street the same way you would browse the internet using free wifi.. i said multiple nis because using only one, you dont know if the data is correct, but using say 3, you could cross reference the data you are being fed to know that you are using a correct, legit chain.. and you can do this with out ever putting private keys on the network and you dont need to download the blockchain on your phone/laptop to do this and you dont have to run nis locally so your phone battery doesnt get eaten.. im not sure why more people arent extremely excited about this? it breaks the mould of what crypto used to be andraises the bar substantially. oh yeah, and its all fully decentralised. they also implimented the first ever blockchain based multisig.. something that hasnt been done until now even with the best devs in the world working in/around crypto for 7 odd years.. now tell me that supernet/nxt can compete with that... Wink

Cheers,
Satinder.

no offence.. just good questions. Smiley glad to see you are being more careful. and you have landed in the right place Wink nem could ended up being the best find of your life.

Thanks for answering my big post @ kodtycoon!

Yea, bad experience (PayCoin) gave me lesson to put some thorough research. Hope it will go well with NEM. Else, I'll again think I invested in learning something new. But, as per features described I hope I won't regret this investment. Wink

* What's the status on Mobile Client of NEM? Is there any iOS client in plan? for iPhone etc.

Yes, I'm aware SuperNet isn't currency. But, as I recently learned about it's Decentralised Exchange technology behind it, I loved it.
Let's see what NEM brings to the table. Hoping for the best since it's already an Year late, and Asset Exchange isn't clear that it's started being developed or not.

So, NEM's cool things:
1. Proof of Interest.
2. Remote/Secure Harvesting.
3. Multi-Sign Working/Ready.
4. ....

Gotta keep an eye on NEM to see what else it brings in it's Projects and Assets.

Thanks again for answering.

Cheers. Smiley

grewalsatinder

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:27:43 AM

Thanks Lorenzo,

Few more questions.

Cheers,
Satinder.

The best thing about NEM is Patmast3r. He's a real people person  Cheesy Always brightens my day.

Some nice overviews of NEM are:
https://medium.com/@xtester/the-new-economy-movement-fb9bb67eb9fe
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/this-cryptocurrency-doesnt-want-to-beat-bitcoin-it-wants-to-beat-the-economy

Thanks for the post links @makoto1337

Will read it.

Read a lot since December, and still have a lot to read. I slept less in last few months since I learned about Bitcoin and it's related Block Chain technologies. Loving it all. Exciting and engaging as every single day something new happens in this industry.  Cheesy

Oh, and is there any plan for Trazer like wallet? Tongue

Cheers,
Satinder

pandher
Legendary

Activity: 952

Stagnation is Death

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 12:29:23 PM

So when are we launching
mixmaster

Activity: 388

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 12:58:02 PM

Let's see what NEM brings to the table. Hoping for the best since it's already an Year late, and Asset Exchange isn't clear that it's started being developed or not.
It is not 1 year late, it is just well developed and tested since over a year. Which is quiet appropriate for a technology like that in my opinion.

A good crypto platform (currency is one of the features) is not developed in a few months. I wish people would get that, because then a lot of scam coins wouldn't be able to scam so many people.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 01:05:18 PM

Please vote on branding for NEM!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ULn0uo9MVXyTSQNeLKv9iJBlgx23kXSa-TG_AQ1w6Kk/viewform?usp=send_form

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
TheCoinWizard

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 01:27:09 PM

Good idea, lets reopen the logo debate once again, so we have another focus than launching...
btw, when is NEM gonna launch? When can I finally sell of my stake?
Pages: « 1 ... 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 [622] 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: