Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:31:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 [625] 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
grewalsatinder

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Blockchain Technology Enthusiast, IT Pro

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:55:41 AM

Few more curious question.

I left my laptop on for a night, and received around 14000+ XEM in test client. My Importance was showing at first 0.26%.
So, I created another account in the same wallet. Sent few (20+30Fee) XEM to it.
Created another new wallet and sent 1000+2Fee XEM to it.
Later I found my Importance was 0.27%

My initial balance was 500,000 XEM.

* How can increase my account's Importance?

* Does the following factors play role in account's Importance?
 - How long the system with Blockchain is active on network. Means how long it's available online on network.
 - Is there something similar to 'Halmark' in NEM client? Does that play in Importance?
 - Will making NEM client available as public node increase it's Importance?
 - What other factors increase Importance?

* Is there auto-update feature available in NEM client? or is it going to be when final NEM client launched?

Cheers! Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
randombit
Legendary

Activity: 1447
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 03:00:34 AM

Looks good and would not need to change images on vice or on the coins

Hex Globe + Hex NEM symbol = WIN

Can we get a real concept rendered already for the voting?

Yeah thats it!, what i talked about,  a good combination of both, tradition and change.  The Triangle has to be moved out and the orginal Logo must be bigger(means 3 Points would be one Colour and must be connected in the middle) , that would be great. Is someone able to change that? and show us the result?

This would be a awesome combintion!

Thanks!

MrPortMan

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

TEZOS

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 04:11:04 AM

We need analog MultiBit client. https://multibit.org

Tezos address : KT1PPmJn9ZfVUSp6VDv92S7epKdZoU1cHV5f
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 04:57:40 AM

Can we get a real concept rendered already for the voting?

Yeah thats it!, what i talked about,  a good combination of both, tradition and change.  The Triangle has to be moved out and the orginal Logo must be bigger(means 3 Points would be one Colour and must be connected in the middle) , that would be great. Is someone able to change that? and show us the result?

This would be a awesome combintion!

Thanks!

I'd like to see that too

MrPortMan

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

TEZOS

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:02:58 AM

The tendency went to easy wallets. We will look that at guys it will turn out. The easy wallet, is such wallet (the client on open source) which doesn't need to be synchronized with a network. At once I started it and use. Such client works at full confidence to various knots. I think intellectual fast check of all knots and the most fastest, the safest will be carried out, the most trustest will get out as carrying out transactions in NEM Lite client. Check of knots will be carried out on the majority of knots. If among the majority of knots there is harmful that it is at once torn away by the client. Generally, work of the easy client will consist in eliminating all harmful knots and to choose from them the most reliable for carrying out transactions of NEM. Easily, quickly, and the main thing doesn't demand loading of the nembex base. It will be possible even the portable version which isn't demanding installation and a binding to HDD. For example from a flash drive card the client started, got to himself at once wallets, established on them passwords, received all of us favourite private key, quickly filled up and quickly translated. The ordinary simple user shouldn't extort all nembex base and to store blocks at himself. He isn't a harvester, it is to harvester earnings from that that they process blocks - the ordinary simple user needs only the payment order in which quickly I got the address, quickly filled up, quickly paid. It quickly will also be as a result very important factor in development of a network. When people start using quickly a network, without long expectations there will be a full synchronization with a network so far, they start using a network quicker. And the quicker they use, the internal services and an internal turn of NEM start being untwisted quicker. And the internal turn - the higher and awards for processing of transactions of harvester is higher. Thus an easy wallet in personal interests of harvester.

I think this idea standing and on NEM surely there will have to be an easy wallet in order that the network for the ordinary user became as it is possible for the most available and simple in use. NEM has to do a priority on users, on attraction in a network as it is possible bigger number of users.

Why many people don't love cryptocurrency? The price changes and it frightens off people? No. Not this reason.

The client and synchronization with a network push away people. Here we will allow to you now really it is necessary to translate quickly to someone coins, to pay for something, or a matter of life and death... But you quickly won't turn out... It is necessary to spend some amount of time for that to be synchronized with a network... Therefore people also choose - Got a credit card, entered the CVV code - purchase is made! It is less than a minute on time.

And so to us, in NEM, it is necessary to make the similar for people. To hell these synchronization! They to the ordinary consumer, the ordinary user - aren't necessary! He got used to see that that he needs and to pay quickly for it, without any additional expectations on synchronization.

Here that it is necessary for us - easy NEM a wallet in the form of the client of open source and it is desirable in the portable version that any person even from a flash drive card could always come, quickly send/get the transfer, and quickly pay something. Here on it it is necessary to do the main rate if we want advance in the masses and introductions of NEM in a consumer sector of the world econemic.

Original here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455591.msg10651149#msg10651149

Tezos address : KT1PPmJn9ZfVUSp6VDv92S7epKdZoU1cHV5f
TotalPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012

vertex output parameter not completely initialized

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 05:03:05 AM

Voted for the current logo.

Other logos are really bad.
+1

Grin
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 05:13:56 AM

Is there more detail available on SPAM management feature of NEM? I'll put that to my to read list. Wink

I'm not sure if the algo is explained anywhere but I can tell you how it works from the users side.  I've tried to send over 20,000 transactions in the last day, so I have a good idea.  Most of those transactions will go through, but NEM has a 120 transaction per block limit.  As long as there is room in the blocks, my transactions will pass.  But once those blocks get to 120, all of a sudden my transactions start getting declined.  This is not a network wide problem.  My other computers running NEM using different accounts can still send just fine and for their normal small fees.  Now if my spamming bot is getting declined, it doesn't mean that it is totally rejected forever.  I can still push through transactions, but I will have to pay much higher fees.  So normally, a fee might only cost me 2 XEM, but when I am spamming on already full blocks that can go up to 30 XEM, to 40 XEM, even 80 XEM fees to push my transactions through.  I'm guessing it could go higher, but I am not sure.  Also, as I just mentioned it is variable, I guess depending on how much of a load my spam bot is putting on the network.  Again, all the mean while my other computer can still send transactions for 2 XEM fee, but the spam bot now has to pay much more.  

The only other spam protection that I know of in crypto is with Ripple, and Ripple punishes the whole network when there is spam.  So if I spam Ripple, the fees will go up not just for me, but for all the other people that didn't have anything to do with the spam. 

It would be nice to know how the devs did it, but I can only speak from my experience in testing the system, not the actual code behind it.  Also, it has been very well tested.  For instance the last NEM testnet actually had way more transactions on it than the real NXT blockchain.  That makes sense because right now we are sending test NEM so its easy.  When it launches, of course I won't be sending 20,000 transactions a day (bitcoin only does 100,000). hahaha. But what we will know is that the NEM network will have been battle tested and is true.  

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 05:16:21 AM

The tendency went to easy wallets. We will look that at guys it will turn out. The easy wallet, is such wallet (the client on open source) which doesn't need to be synchronized with a network. At once I started it and use. Such client works at full confidence to various knots. I think intellectual fast check of all knots and the most fastest, the safest will be carried out, the most trustest will get out as carrying out transactions in NEM Lite client. Check of knots will be carried out on the majority of knots. If among the majority of knots there is harmful that it is at once torn away by the client. Generally, work of the easy client will consist in eliminating all harmful knots and to choose from them the most reliable for carrying out transactions of NEM. Easily, quickly, and the main thing doesn't demand loading of the nembex base. It will be possible even the portable version which isn't demanding installation and a binding to HDD. For example from a flash drive card the client started, got to himself at once wallets, established on them passwords, received all of us favourite private key, quickly filled up and quickly translated. The ordinary simple user shouldn't extort all nembex base and to store blocks at himself. He isn't a harvester, it is to harvester earnings from that that they process blocks - the ordinary simple user needs only the payment order in which quickly I got the address, quickly filled up, quickly paid. It quickly will also be as a result very important factor in development of a network. When people start using quickly a network, without long expectations there will be a full synchronization with a network so far, they start using a network quicker. And the quicker they use, the internal services and an internal turn of NEM start being untwisted quicker. And the internal turn - the higher and awards for processing of transactions of harvester is higher. Thus an easy wallet in personal interests of harvester.

I think this idea standing and on NEM surely there will have to be an easy wallet in order that the network for the ordinary user became as it is possible for the most available and simple in use. NEM has to do a priority on users, on attraction in a network as it is possible bigger number of users.

Why many people don't love cryptocurrency? The price changes and it frightens off people? No. Not this reason.

The client and synchronization with a network push away people. Here we will allow to you now really it is necessary to translate quickly to someone coins, to pay for something, or a matter of life and death... But you quickly won't turn out... It is necessary to spend some amount of time for that to be synchronized with a network... Therefore people also choose - Got a credit card, entered the CVV code - purchase is made! It is less than a minute on time.

And so to us, in NEM, it is necessary to make the similar for people. To hell these synchronization! They to the ordinary consumer, the ordinary user - aren't necessary! He got used to see that that he needs and to pay quickly for it, without any additional expectations on synchronization.

Here that it is necessary for us - easy NEM a wallet in the form of the client of open source and it is desirable in the portable version that any person even from a flash drive card could always come, quickly send/get the transfer, and quickly pay something. Here on it it is necessary to do the main rate if we want advance in the masses and introductions of NEM in a consumer sector of the world econemic.

Original here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455591.msg10651149#msg10651149

yes, in the future you will be able to carry around your NEM wallet (with client) on a USB drive and plug it into any computer and within seconds be able to send money.  

Actually, somebody with decent skills in adjusting the config files could probably already do that today.  It wouldn't even take a developer.  I bet somebody that was just computer savy like Mixmaster could have a usb NEM wallet/client set up in about 15 minutes.  But don't ask me! hahahaha.  There is no way I could do it.  :-)

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 06:04:57 AM

NEM is currently closed source.

When NEM plans to make it open source to community, so other developers can take a look at the NEM code and give their own views on it's code base. How good or bad it is.

NEM is planing to keep it's source code closed or will make it available open source??

The wallet is open source Smiley
https://github.com/NewEconomyMovement/NemCommunityClient

There are plans to open up NEM core relatively soon.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 06:07:25 AM

Can we get a real concept rendered already?

When will you guys realize, that its not about the logo...
btw. a logo should not be so complex. the simpler the better.

Yep. Simple is better than complex Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 06:09:39 AM

Few more curious question.

I left my laptop on for a night, and received around 14000+ XEM in test client. My Importance was showing at first 0.26%.
So, I created another account in the same wallet. Sent few (20+30Fee) XEM to it.
Created another new wallet and sent 1000+2Fee XEM to it.
Later I found my Importance was 0.27%

My initial balance was 500,000 XEM.

* How can increase my account's Importance?

* Does the following factors play role in account's Importance?
 - How long the system with Blockchain is active on network. Means how long it's available online on network.
 - Is there something similar to 'Halmark' in NEM client? Does that play in Importance?
 - Will making NEM client available as public node increase it's Importance?
 - What other factors increase Importance?

* Is there auto-update feature available in NEM client? or is it going to be when final NEM client launched?

Cheers! Cheesy

https://forum.nemcoin.com/general-discussion/proof-of-importance-competition/msg11343/#msg11343
 Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:34:01 AM

Is there more detail available on SPAM management feature of NEM? I'll put that to my to read list. Wink

I'm not sure if the algo is explained anywhere but I can tell you how it works from the users side.  I've tried to send over 20,000 transactions in the last day, so I have a good idea.  Most of those transactions will go through, but NEM has a 120 transaction per block limit.  As long as there is room in the blocks, my transactions will pass.  But once those blocks get to 120, all of a sudden my transactions start getting declined.  This is not a network wide problem.  My other computers running NEM using different accounts can still send just fine and for their normal small fees.  Now if my spamming bot is getting declined, it doesn't mean that it is totally rejected forever.  I can still push through transactions, but I will have to pay much higher fees.  So normally, a fee might only cost me 2 XEM, but when I am spamming on already full blocks that can go up to 30 XEM, to 40 XEM, even 80 XEM fees to push my transactions through.  I'm guessing it could go higher, but I am not sure.  Also, as I just mentioned it is variable, I guess depending on how much of a load my spam bot is putting on the network.  Again, all the mean while my other computer can still send transactions for 2 XEM fee, but the spam bot now has to pay much more.  

The only other spam protection that I know of in crypto is with Ripple, and Ripple punishes the whole network when there is spam.  So if I spam Ripple, the fees will go up not just for me, but for all the other people that didn't have anything to do with the spam. 

It would be nice to know how the devs did it, but I can only speak from my experience in testing the system, not the actual code behind it.  Also, it has been very well tested.  For instance the last NEM testnet actually had way more transactions on it than the real NXT blockchain.  That makes sense because right now we are sending test NEM so its easy.  When it launches, of course I won't be sending 20,000 transactions a day (bitcoin only does 100,000). hahaha. But what we will know is that the NEM network will have been battle tested and is true.  

The 120 tx limit is per block but the network afaik won't start rejecting tx at that point. There is a cache that is considerably greater than that and only when that is filled as well it will start rejecting tx.
If the network started to reject tx as soon as 120 are circulating it woud legitimately suck. Hard. Smiley

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 08:56:18 AM

The 120 tx limit is per block but the network afaik won't start rejecting tx at that point. There is a cache that is considerably greater than that and only when that is filled as well it will start rejecting tx.
If the network started to reject tx as soon as 120 are circulating it woud legitimately suck. Hard. Smiley

Right. So you made that more clear than the way I said it.

Another way to think about it is this. After the 120 block limit is filled, then transactions are put in a queue for laters blocks. When I've sent A LOT of transactions to the point that the queue is getting long, then NEM starts charging me more and more for a transaction fee to get my transaction in the queue.

The message comes back saying the transaction can't be processed because the cache is full, but that can't be completely true. It must rather mean that the cache is getting full. Because if it was complety full my other transactions on other computers should get returned too but they don't; they are accepted just fine. And additionally like I said, I can just pay higher fees and then my transaction gets accepted in the queue.

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 09:06:00 AM

The main difference is that Nxt has launched and been stable for over a year with a number of features that NEM doesn't have.  NEM hasn't launched, so you can't really compare them. 

Stable???

Not exactly. I've personally helped discover and have been a part of an "oh shit" moment at NXT where all the devs had to do an emergency debug and roll out a new emergency release.  One node was processing ALL the blocks. If you know about crypto, you know that isn't something you want.

At that time NXTers just stayed quiet and didn't advertising they were forking.  Within a day it was fixed and everybody acted like it didn't happen.

Especially early on, the network had a lot of problems. I'm not sure how many of their updates have been emergency patches like that, so nobody can say it's been stable for a year. But I can say that it is pretty stable now. Originally the code was a mess, but Jean Luc cleaned it up really well. He is an amazing programmer and has turned NXT into a wonderful program.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 09:37:49 AM

So when is the launch?
howi53

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 09:50:14 AM

So when is the launch?
Launch is, when the Japanese have caught Godzilla.

Life is like a chicken ladder - short and shitty
vonBerlichingen

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 09:51:50 AM

Lunch is when NemZilla is on the road.
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 10:11:55 AM

The main difference is that Nxt has launched and been stable for over a year with a number of features that NEM doesn't have.  NEM hasn't launched, so you can't really compare them. 

Stable???

Not exactly. I've personally helped discover and have been a part of an "oh shit" moment at NXT where all the devs had to do an emergency debug and roll out a new emergency release.  One node was processing ALL the blocks. If you know about crypto, you know that isn't something you want.

At that time NXTers just stayed quiet and didn't advertising they were forking.  Within a day it was fixed and everybody acted like it didn't happen.

Especially early on, the network had a lot of problems. I'm not sure how many of their updates have been emergency patches like that, so nobody can say it's been stable for a year. But I can say that it is pretty stable now. Originally the code was a mess, but Jean Luc cleaned it up really well. He is an amazing programmer and has turned NXT into a wonderful program.

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/is-the-chain-healthy/

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:24:13 AM

Stable???

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/is-the-chain-healthy/

That thread is going to be a year old soon enough Smiley

makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 10:56:09 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2015, 11:27:19 AM by makoto1337

Actually, NEM already supports this NOW with our client-server architecture. Did you notice? Wink

Also, there is a secret project that will be announced that will be a huge boost to usability.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
Pages: « 1 ... 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 [625] 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: